Glastonbury Festival

alexa

Never been to glasto but I expect you get middle class types.

Same types (shills) camping on anti lockdown protests in London. Lower middle class students sitting in a field stinking of shit. 

Only festival I've been to was reading in 2014. Terrible line up only good band was artic monkeys and they were smashed out of their faces and the sound was cranked down because it was 10pm they rocked up. 

(And some animal threw a glass of piss in the crowd and went all over us) during this set.

It's a middle class game full of weirdos anyway. I remember some faggy long nailed fat long haired weirdo shouted in the crowd that I touched him up and then he tried touching up the girl who I was standing with at the time before my mate Jake punched him in the side of his jaw (and he got thrown out.) 

Not for me. I must admit I quite like Pete Dohertys music though just a shame when he starts trying to get political and talking about Marx. 

Edited by Fluke
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

https://youtu.be/a5MNvaBjZFo

That sketch is so accurate.  That's exactly the Glastonbury crowd nowadays (sorry Fluke i don't know how to quote just the top half of someone's post showing a video clip without the second video clip appearing!).

Also the kids pretentious names at the end.... Africa and Asia!

So many of Harry Enfield's sketches are spot on.

Edited by Nefaria
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Nefaria said:

Why the fuck do the political wankers have to hijack everything these days?  I can't watch sport to just watch sport anymore.  Or go to a music festival just for the music.  Next time I go out for a meal I half expect the waitress to say something like "and would you like to donate all your food to the Ukraine?" -or-  "Please fill out our survey on how you intend to vote at the next election"!

It's like they realised they couldn't get to a certain percentage of the population to divide and conquer, that had no interest in their bullshit propaganda (that don't watch 24 hour news channels, don't worry about what some tosser PM is saying, don't bother with the sham of voting etc), so decided to infiltrate the stuff that they are interested in instead.

Glastonbury was CND-ish in the 80s.

Knew someone who went once or twice then, then went back many years later - hated it, the atmosphere had changed and it was "full of students".

https://cnduk.org/cnd-at-glastonbury/

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Look at these freaks 🤢🤮🤮🤮

I don't mind alternative music like that, I find it better than the X-factor type rubbish that is usually fed to us by the MSM.  It's when the music is intertwined with debates and political speeches is when I have the problem.  I don't want to be preached to or politically manipulated when all I want is some escapism and to be out enjoying myself.  If you listen to the lyrics of that song they are actually quite clever!

My daughter's been going to Glastonbury for years, and she was excited to be heading there this last week after the couple of years it's not been on.

I can assure you she doesn't fit the description of attendees I'm reading about in this thread. But having said that, I fully agree with the condemnation of the hijaking of everything by numpties who sieze these opportunutues to air their political views (real, brain-washed or bought). I expect she & her gang are generally too ratted to notice. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/27/2022 at 6:40 PM, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

Apologies if you weren't a narc, but you must have run across a few.

Not really. You did see them at some gigs - they all looked like something off the Sweeney - but not obviously among the RAR organizers (too much hard work). I can't imagine any narc sleeping in a leaky tent and going on security patrol in the rain every couple of hours, and then having to beg sand, shovel and broom from the GLC gardeners to soak up the back stage floods in the lido and shovel the wet sand out again so the bands could get in. They didn't show that on the documentary. Pah!

Edited by k_j_evans

5 hours ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

My daughter's been going to Glastonbury for years, and she was excited to be heading there this last week after the couple of years it's not been on.

I can assure you she doesn't fit the description of attendees I'm reading about in this thread. But having said that, I fully agree with the condemnation of the hijaking of everything by numpties who sieze these opportunutues to air their political views (real, brain-washed or bought). I expect she & her gang are generally too ratted to notice. 😄

I think it's about time they realised: we are only interested in a musician's music, watching an actor playing a role and watching a sportsman's talent at their game.  If they want to preach their politics then they should become politicians.

I enjoy jetting off on holiday but I wouldn't dare to assume the  pilot would want to hear my opinion on how he should be flying the plane!

Edited by Nefaria
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nefaria said:

I don't mind alternative music like that, I find it better than the X-factor type rubbish that is usually fed to us by the MSM.  It's when the music is intertwined with debates and political speeches is when I have the problem.  I don't want to be preached to or politically manipulated when all I want is some escapism and to be out enjoying myself.  If you listen to the lyrics of that song they are actually quite clever!

Yeah but it is boring it was done years ago. Its cringey imo they are trying to go for a 60s vibe but they seem like establishment feminist types. Its that contrieved look at me i am so "authentic". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

Yeah but it is boring it was done years ago. Its cringey imo they are trying to go for a 60s vibe but they seem like establishment feminist types. Its that contrieved look at me i am so "authentic". 

I think you might have a point after watching some of their music videos on YouTube!

• Like 1

I feel so dated on this thread. I've never heard of these bands and wouldn't know them if I fell over them. But, as John Lydon famously said: "I never thought I'd live to see the day when the right wing would become the cool ones giving the middle finger to the establishment, and the left wing becoming the sniveling self-righteous twatty ones going around shaming everyone."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

I feel so dated on this thread. I've never heard of these bands and wouldn't know them if I fell over them. But, as John Lydon famously said: "I never thought I'd live to see the day when the right wing would become the cool ones giving the middle finger to the establishment, and the left wing becoming the sniveling self-righteous twatty ones going around shaming everyone."

Sorry but these days I look back and even the Bob Dylan's and the like you look back at them now and I think they were much the same. Although I wasn't around so couldn't fully grasp the zeitgeist. The only caviet I guess was at least you had bands that could play decent music.