Sunak wants to tax the internet

jack121

Everything you buy on the net is going to attract a new tax, an online sales tax, which will cost you at least £175 extra a year.

Billionaire sunak, who along with a lot of other politicians, who seems to be getting the big lucrative government contracts all the time and has absolutly no money worries, states that adding extra taxes to the british people is a good thing. The  2pc levy on businesses’ internet sales would be passed straight on to shoppers by the vast majority of retailers, according to the Centre for Policy Studies and the Coalition for a kDigital Economy.

rishi.jpg.gallery.jpg.gallery.jpg.e9e710ca0aa121f41e07f3d1077207b0.jpg

An online sales tax is going to destroy small businesses and increase prices for already struggling consumers.  Ever-smiling Sunak has cautioned that excessive tax cuts could stoke inflation.

I don’t think it would be inflationary, and any inflationary impact the tax cut did have, you would expect to be offset by a correspondingly tighter monetary policy from the Bank of England,” he said.

“I don't think that the trade off, with more money in people’s pockets and slightly higher interest rates, seems like an obviously wrong approach

I am wondering whether there could be some sort of work around for this.... I was thinking some sort of a hack or using a vpn to avoid the tax, but then you would have to provide your physical address to get stuff delivered.... 😕

Tax "a compulsory contribution to state revenue, levied by the government on workers' income and business profits, or added to the cost of some goods, services, and transactions."

Extortion "the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats."

-Oxford dictionary.

• Like 2

Certainly are ways around in, like not asking for a vat receipt, like picking up the goods yourself if the seller is local or you are passingby his area, or if you can email the seller and send the money and he sends you the goods. Done this lots of times for china goods i have purchased. Over there in the draconian regime they live under they fully understand and are only too happy to help. Just get the parcel labelled as free gift, sample, or low price goods, and avoid import tax as well.

Good kick in the teeth for sunak because he going to take in billions if this goes through, then he can buy more mansions, more high end cars, and more luxurious expensive holidays - What a bar steward

9 hours ago, k_j_evans said:

So if I look up what I want on the company's website and then ring them and order over the phone will I avoid the tax?

Yes. Very easy and it works. Also If there is a company you regularly have dealings with, pay them a visit and arrange something in person. I know lots of peeps who fly to other countries to get the best deals and meet the company exec's in person.