Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own

SuperstarNeilC

Interesting Tucker Carlson episode about Joe Bidens daughter's diary, in which she apparently wrote about his inappropriate sexual behaviour towards her when she was a child.

• Like 1

"Something happened but we don't know what happened" - more quality 'local journalism'.

Police swarm Sutton Coldfield town centre after disorder and 'gunshots'

Police are investigating after reports of disorder and "gunshots" saw a main road in Sutton Coldfield closed off. The incident saw Queen Street and a number of roads shut around the town centre.

A police cordon was in place this morning (June 18) with motorists and pedestrians being redirected. West Midlands Police have confirmed they were called to the town centre in the early hours of this morning to investigate disorder and reported gunshots.

A spokesperson said: "Road closures are in place in Sutton Coldfield while we investigate disorder on The Parade in the early hours of this morning. A member of the public reported hearing gunshots and officers arrived at the scene within minutes.

"We are speaking to witnesses and looking at CCTV of the area. One man reported being punched in the face however he did not require hospital treatment. No other injuries have been reported."

From: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/police-swarm-sutton-coldfield-town-24261096

Now 'disorder' could be just about anything.

As for the 'reported gunshots', I've mentioned before about these pricks who razz around in their souped up Hondas and VWs, with their engines/exhausts making those really loud and annoying 'banging' noises. Back in the day that kind of noise would indicate that your engine was 'backfiring' and was in need of tuning/repair, nowadays its done deliberately for attention-seeking purposes.

Now I wasn't in Sutton Coldfield last night and didn't see what happened, but I'm willing to bet there were a number of 'badboys' up to no good, racing around in their clapped-out bangers, and that noise could be easily mistaken for the sound of gunshots (maybe that's the purpose?). And the 'disorder' was likely these badboy gangs squaring off against each other, or harassing/intimidating innocent members of the public, just enjoying a lovely balmy evening.

The truth is that unless you were there, we'll never likely know what happened, and these local journalists won't do any 'investigating' themselves, as all they can do now is just copy out what has been 'tweeted' on social media.

• Like 1

One of my all time favorite comedians, He's right you know, he's bean there, done it & laughed the pants off us 😂

'The job of comedy is to offend': Rowan Atkinson says comedians should be allowed to make jokes about 'absolutely anything' as he rails against cancel culture

59233563-0-image-a-5_1655571781882.jpg

The Mr Bean star, 67, said the purpose of comedy was to 'have the potential to offend' and argued that humour is made to make someone look 'ridiculous'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10930135/Rowan-Atkinson-says-comics-make-jokes-spoke-cancel-culture.html

• Like 3

For goodness sake! I remember recognising that as cuckoo spit as a kid and though I knew it was nothing to do with cuckoos, but it's never been dangerous.

They must be looking for excuses to stamp out growing veg, like he suggests.

Where's Alan Titchmarsh and Monty telling everyone how ridiculous this claim is? They'd better step up!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

Where's Alan Titchmarsh and Monty telling everyone how ridiculous this claim is? They'd better step up!

Pretty sure they've been brought into the agenda, they both work for the BBC after all. Titchmarsh is a cock anyway, apparently a proper primadonna off camera. 

7 hours ago, Mr H said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/internet-not-working-issues-down-cloudflare-status-b2105631.html

Websites across the world stop working properly amid major internet outage

I think it was more than a Cloudflare issue, my own website was down this morning and I don't use Cloudflare's services, though I imagine my hosting provider's servers and datacentre probably use it in the background, can't be 100% certain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I think it was more than a Cloudflare issue, my own website was down this morning and I don't use Cloudflare's services, though I imagine my hosting provider's servers and datacentre probably use it in the background, can't be 100% certain.

Maybe, but Cloudflare had a major config cock-up and loads of people use them, at least partially

We're gonna need a polio thread...

"Polio found in UK for first time since 1984 as Government declares national incident.

The UK Health Security Agency has declared a national incident after discovering the virus that causes polio in the UK for the first time in nearly 40 years.

There are not yet any confirmed cases but the samples found appear to confirm the first “transmission event” in the UK since 1984, when the last case of polio was detected.

Parents of children who are not up to date with their polio vaccine course are urged to make an appointment with their GP as soon as possible, but the UKHSA says the risk to the wider population is low..."

Samples taken from a sewage treatment works in east London between February and May suggest the virus has spread between a small number of people, possibly in an extended family in the capital...."

This needs repeating:

There are not yet any confirmed cases but the samples appear to confirm the first “transmission event” ...Parents of children who are not up to date with their polio vaccine course are urged to make an appointment with their GP as soon as possible...."

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/polio-found-in-uk-for-first-time-since-1984-as-government-declares-national-incident-1700359

tenor.gif

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

"Polio found in UK for first time since 1984 as Government declares national incident.

The UK Health Security Agency has declared a national incident after discovering the virus that causes polio in the UK for the first time in nearly 40 years.

There are not yet any confirmed cases but the samples found appear to confirm the first “transmission event” in the UK since 1984, when the last case of polio was detected.

Parents of children who are not up to date with their polio vaccine course are urged to make an appointment with their GP as soon as possible, but the UKHSA says the risk to the wider population is low..."

Samples taken from a sewage treatment works in east London between February and May suggest the virus has spread between a small number of people, possibly in an extended family in the capital...."

This needs repeating:

There are not yet any confirmed cases but the samples appear to confirm the first “transmission event” ...Parents of children who are not up to date with their polio vaccine course are urged to make an appointment with their GP as soon as possible...."

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/polio-found-in-uk-for-first-time-since-1984-as-government-declares-national-incident-1700359

tenor.gif

Yeh my neck of the woods, east London. Skynews reckon they might do force vaccinations and take crap samples via anal probes and no doubt free covid jabs:

https://news.sky.com/story/traces-of-polio-virus-found-in-london-sewage-as-health-officials-declare-national-incident-12638443

If more virus samples are identified, the emergency could be scaled up to the next level which will see targeted interventions - including small batch vaccinations and the collection of stool samples from areas where the polio virus has been found.

30 minutes ago, Doc said:

This needs repeating:

tenor.gif

More horseshit propaganda to keep the jab money rolling in for big pharma...makes me so angry with its transparency i want to spit...and the sheep continue to roll their eyes whilst glancing away from the tv and nod their heads in unison....Oh another jab?...must get that one think how bad it could have been if i hadn't got that shot....ARGGGHHH

• Like 1

It's like a game of Pokémon where instead of cards being collected, it's jabs. Those obsessed with the game will actively be searching for the next virus in order to boost their collection and boast to their peers.

I do think that the people are being herded towards a single Superjab that will be heralded as the answer to humankind's woes.

• Like 1