Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own

SuperstarNeilC

Oh please 🤭

Operation Abbey: The meticulously-orchestrated military-style plan to take the Queen to Prince Philip's memorial service using a helicopter and private screen

The meticulously-orchestrated plan to take the Queen to Prince Philip's memorial service

Ahead of the event, which takes place on March 29, the 95-year-old monarch is expected to be flown 15 minutes by helicopter from Windsor Castle to Buckingham Palace. The head of state will then be driven the short distance from the Palace to Westminster Abbey, reports the Sun on Sunday. The entire Dean's Yard will be sealed off under the plans, which also include six-foot privacy screens and a potential football-style tunnel which would block any photographer's view as she exits her vehicle. Aides then believe she can be delivered into the Abbey at Poets' Corner and needs only a short walk to take her seat in The Sanctuary. Whether she can be seated before the audience arrives rather than arriving last, as is tradition, is also being explored.

14 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Oh they mean the carefully planned method to create the illusion that (a) Her Maj is still alive, and (b) she's able to travel.

My thoughts exactly AFS.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, alexa said:

Oh please 🤭

Operation Abbey: The meticulously-orchestrated military-style plan to take the Queen to Prince Philip's memorial service using a helicopter and private screen

The meticulously-orchestrated plan to take the Queen to Prince Philip's memorial service

Ahead of the event, which takes place on March 29, the 95-year-old monarch is expected to be flown 15 minutes by helicopter from Windsor Castle to Buckingham Palace. The head of state will then be driven the short distance from the Palace to Westminster Abbey, reports the Sun on Sunday. The entire Dean's Yard will be sealed off under the plans, which also include six-foot privacy screens and a potential football-style tunnel which would block any photographer's view as she exits her vehicle. Aides then believe she can be delivered into the Abbey at Poets' Corner and needs only a short walk to take her seat in The Sanctuary. Whether she can be seated before the audience arrives rather than arriving last, as is tradition, is also being explored.

I read the news the other day that the Queen is retiring in the cottage in Scotland and there is a ring of steel fence.....all around it. Why now? They've never done this other than that time we had the Bilderberg meeting in Watford.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Mum searching for man whose name she had tattooed on her bum on Magaluf girls’ holiday
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-searching-man-whose-name-23452162

Own up, who was it?

I certainly wasn't expecting a full page spread of Kaylie's rear end - I will delay my breakfast in the hope that the image washes away. There can't be too many Daniel Fordes' and I bet that the few who do exist are all denying having anything to do with it; particularly if married for over ten years and residing in Cardiff.

What I find interesting is how people have absolutely no shame to the point of publicly celebrating what should have been a private embarrassment.

I am beginning to sound like my grandad from the 1970s. Apparently, there was just as much silliness in the world four decades ago but only three TV stations, no internet and only local papers with which to go on. I guess that when he used to get merry on cider and go on little rants about idiots with Duke Ellington playing in the background, his stories were selected from real life experiences over a 70 year span of time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alexa said:

Pride before a fall.

Queen IS using a wheelchair and is cancelling engagements because she is 'very proud' and 'doesn't want to be seen' struggling, Christopher Biggins claims

55618079-0-image-a-52_1647878173359.jpg

The Queen is using a wheelchair and is cancelling engagements because she is 'proud' and 'doesn't want to be seen' struggling, Christopher Biggins told GB News.

DM

I don't know what authority Biggins is on the Queen but surely this story is a kick in the teeth for anybody in a wheelchair, as if such a person is lower than somebody more able bodied. There is nothing to be ashamed of if a person struggles to do anything in life - except perhaps the ability and desire to tell the truth.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Saved said:

I don't know what authority Biggins is on the Queen but surely this story is a kick in the teeth for anybody in a wheelchair,

Exactly, where's the discrimination act now ?

• Like 1

Talk about out of control. 🤦‍♂️

Re: P&O mass redundancy

"It would appear the government did not understand its own legislation when writing in the terms that it did to P&O."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60849957

I spotted a NHS Covid test van which was running its engine while parked i.e. whole duration of the testing hours, I told them they were breaking the law and one of the guy said emergency vehicles are above the law and I told him that it wasn't an emergency van. As I walked out, black female & male staff laughed. I will be laughing about you when you are on your death bed simply because you had your vaxx retard. You see why I can now happily walk pass if anyone is on the floor......

• Like 1

And I'm sure there will be others...

Birmingham company accused of supplying 'unsafe' hand sanitiser during Covid-19 pandemic

A Birmingham company has been accused of putting 'unsafe' hand sanitiser on the market during the Covid-19 pandemic, a court has heard. Digbeth -based wholesalers Big Living Ltd. and its directors, have gone on trial alleged to have supplied hundreds of containers with less than 30 per cent alcohol - when they were advertised to contain 80 per cent, a court has heard.

It was also alleged the firm led trading standards officers on a 'wild goose chase' as they tried to track the product and ensure it was taken off the market. The hand gel's label claimed it 'kills 99.9% of germs' but it 'wouldn't kill anything, and certainly wouldn't kill coronavirus', said prosecutor Mark Jackson opening a case against the defendants at Birmingham Magistrates' Court on Monday, March 21.

Opening the case Mr Jackson, representing Birmingham City Council, said: "What this case is about is the misleading supply of hand sanitiser during the Covid-19 pandemic. Consumers were led to believe it had an alcohol content of 80 per cent when in fact it contained an alcohol content of 28 per cent."

He told the court Big Living 'produced' the sanitiser by re-branding it under Mr Sagu's trademark name Chemist Plus. However he told the court it is not known who manufactured it.

The prosecutor stated concerns were raised in July 2020 after a consumer purchased it on eBay from a wholesaler, which had obtained it from Big Living. He told the court trading standards were alerted but when they contacted the business Mr Sagu claimed the hand gel was supplied by another wholesaler.

From: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-company-accused-supplying-unsafe-23459490

This will probably be the case for most hand sanitisers available now - produced cheaply and sold at inflated prices in order to capitalise on a situation, especially during a time when there was a massive demand for such a product.

Edited by Grumpy Owl
forgot link to article
  • Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 5:57 PM, DaleP said:

Talk about out of control. 🤦‍♂️

Re: P&O mass redundancy

I spotted a NHS Covid test van which was running its engine while parked i.e. whole duration of the testing hours, I told them they were breaking the law and one of the guy said emergency vehicles are above the law and I told him that it wasn't an emergency van. As I walked out, black female & male staff laughed. I will be laughing about you when you are on your death bed simply because you had your vaxx retard. You see why I can now happily walk pass if anyone is on the floor......

And today..... I saw a huge lit advertisement for police which was on the back of a small truck and it was parked but had its engine on. Do you see irony here? It is breaking the law to advertise the police force. 🤦‍♂️

Cost of living crisis: Why Britain must act to end this despair

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1585962/cost-of-living-uk-energy-bills-spring-statement

The heart-rending accounts of those struggling to pay rent, energy bills and everyday costs expose the human tragedies behind the economic whirlwind facing families across the country.

Will the punchline to the reset be that people believe they demanded it themselves.....

'Green' power plant that burns wood pellets instead of coal gets £2m a DAY in subsidies, energy firm's report shows

• Power stations burning wood receive equivalent of £2million  a day in subsidies
  • The huge amount shown in energy firm Drax’s annual report has been blasted
  • Critics say burning wood is not renewable due to time it takes for trees to regrow

By Colin Fernandez Environment Correspondent For The Daily Mail

Published: 23:17 GMT, 24 March 2022 | Updated: 23:20 GMT, 24 March 2022

A power station that burns wood instead of coal receives the equivalent of more than £2million a day in public subsidies, despite doubts over the environmental benefits. 

The huge amount, revealed in energy firm Drax’s annual report, has been blasted as an ‘extraordinary’ payment to burn forests. 

The firm received £893million in 2021 – equivalent to adding £11.60 a year to every household’s fuel bill – for burning renewable biomass pellets instead of fossil fuels. 

Critics say that burning wood is not truly renewable because of the time it takes for trees to regrow, while the greenhouse gas stays in the atmosphere adding to global warming

Last year the power station – which is Britain’s biggest carbon emitter – burnt the equivalent of around 29million trees. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10650103/Green-power-plant-burns-wood-pellets-instead-coal-gets-2m-DAY-subsidies-report-shows.html

As usual, the Monarchy misjudged the mood of the commoners, when they thought a photo shoot of hysterical Kate and bald Billy living their best life in the Caribbean, would woo our despondent nation.

Kate-Middleton-and-Prince-William-their-

It flopped!

After sight-seeing, scuba-diving and the obligatory dancing with ‘natives’ Kate and Billy patronized Bob Marley, met an actual Rasta and greeted eager ‘picaninnies’ through a wire mesh fence, who hoped to ‘touch’ the privileged couple, whose wealth was derived from the rape and pillage of the British commonwealth.

In-Jamaica-Kate-and-Prince-William-spark

The MSM says, “Their arrival in Jamaica was met by protesters demanding reparations for the British monarchy's enslavement of their people thousands of years ago.”

Thousands of years ago?

Someone needs a history lesson.

Slavery was finally abolished 174 years ago and was immediately followed by the brutal colonisation of Africa in the 1900’s.

The repercussions for the “third world” were death or perpetual servitude, displacement, poverty and war, ongoing....

"Prince William and Kate Middleton face more problems with their Bahamas tour as they will again be asked to make a formal apology and address reparations."

Meanwhile, the press went into damage-control with sweet pictures of the dear old Queen at a tea party, to remind the public how “benign” the Saxe-Coburg & Gotha’s are…. Cough!

skynews-embargo-queen-halcyon_5717535.jp

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/prince-william-kate-middletons-caribbean-tour-labelled-royal-disaster-1699080

• Like 3

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/18075679/saisnburys-delivery-guy-sitting-paid/amp/

EASY MONEY 

I work as a Sainsbury’s delivery guy – it’s so easy, half the time I sit in the van doing nothing & the pay’s great

You are probably going to be out of a job now big mouth. God i hate people why cant they stfu? 

Its like when students mouth off when they get to shag their fit school teacher.

• Bombadil changed the title to Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own
  • Anti Facts Sir pinned this topic