Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own

SuperstarNeilC

Posted (edited)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13477341/hitman-motorbike-Turkish-restaurant-Dalston-police-hunt.html

• A motorcyclist opened fire outside of Evin Turkish bistro in Dalston last night
  • Three adults and one child were taken hospital with gun shot wounds

Sorry am.i missing something here? Surely this is just part and parcel of living in a big city? 

Why is this even news? We have the coolest mayor in the world 😎 

Edited by Fluke

So nothing about the bloke who threw himself infront of a train and committed suicide at a London station yesterday? Witnesses say it was gruesome.

And nothing about the twat who ran over a cyclist/motorcyclist and killed them on London Bridge yesterday? 

there’s loads on Reddit about these incidents but nothing on msm? Why? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

So nothing about the bloke who threw himself infront of a train and committed suicide at a London station yesterday? Witnesses say it was gruesome.

And nothing about the twat who ran over a cyclist/motorcyclist and killed them on London Bridge yesterday? 

They dont care about the sheeple.

12 hours ago, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

Probably because it's not a psy-op?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Kyriakos Myxomatosis (Greek PM and great friend of Von der Leyen) has done a deal with the US to take Mexican immigrants who are currently pouring in across their southern borders.  Apparently there just aren't enough Greek people to do a variety of "seasonal" jobs paying well below cost of living remuneration. 

Myxomatosis is currently campaigning on his home island enclave not far from a war mongering NATO base but he's totally surrounded by "security" and ANY "awkward" questioners are "seriously" discouraged. 

I wish him to choke on fish bones.

Edited by Katsika
typo

Sad News re: passing if Rob Burrows (Rugby League player) from MND.

Feel for his wife, children and Kevin Sinfield. If there was ever a friend you wanted to be in your corner fighting in the trenches it's him.

• Like 2

Been tracking this for a while. The reasons keep changing every week ( I've heard plastic, lockdown, now diet)But the message is clear. Get ready for young person's cancer surge brought to you by every thing possible, except the jibby jab

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13486435/Britain-cancer-timebomb-poor-diet-gut-health.html

Britain facing cancer timebomb in the under-50s due to poor diet and gut health - and ultra-processed food could be to blame

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cg33r1313n0o

They just had to get this part in didn`t they....

The Czech Republic was hit by heavy rain and storms over the weekend, and there were also reports of flooding affecting parts of the country.

Many factors contribute to flooding, but a warming atmosphere caused by climate change makes extreme rainfall more likely.

The world has already warmed by about 1.1C since the industrial era began and temperatures will keep rising unless governments around the world make steep cuts to emissions.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 1:52 PM, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

Yes it can’t have an agenda attached to it. 

No knife crime, climate change or LGBTQ covid, nothing to see then!

Look over there! Farting cows! 

Yep and this happens a lot now.

Its obvious because when something happens that isn’t part of the agenda, but looks like it could be, the media run with it and then quickly move on and never mention it again. 

3 hours ago, Mazthehobo said:

Yep and this happens a lot now.

Its obvious because when something happens that isn’t part of the agenda, but looks like it could be, the media run with it and then quickly move on and never mention it again. 

It’s just weird, they were clearly both serious incidents and not a peep anywhere, nada. 

Look over there! Greggs share price! 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Mr Farage is standing at election and is now leader of Reform party.

It's all BS anyway, but at least he will make things a bit exciting...😅

Thanks, yeah, I saw something on the news tonight. What happened to Richard Tice, I didn't hear that Reform were having a leadership election? Oh well ... I'll probably vote for them anyway as I expect they'll be the only non-mainstream ones in our area. 

Edit ... looks like Reform's website isn't updated yet it's still showing Richard Tice as leader. As far as I can see in the news sites Nigel's take over as leader was just announced in a press conference without an election, but maybe I'm missing something here. 

Edited by Campion
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dazzer said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cg33r1313n0o

They just had to get this part in didn`t they....

The Czech Republic was hit by heavy rain and storms over the weekend, and there were also reports of flooding affecting parts of the country.

Many factors contribute to flooding, but a warming atmosphere caused by climate change makes extreme rainfall more likely.

The world has already warmed by about 1.1C since the industrial era began and temperatures will keep rising unless governments around the world make steep cuts to emissions.

Oooooooh, so it's warmed by about 1 degree since the mini Ice Age. Good thing too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr H said:

Mr Farage is standing at election and is now leader of Reform party.

It's all BS anyway, but at least he will make things a bit exciting...😅

What happened to the other party he was associated with..... UKIP.

3 hours ago, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

It’s just weird, they were clearly both serious incidents and not a peep anywhere, nada. 

Look over there! Greggs share price! 

OMG, it's been up since November. 😮 Is it a buy?

9 hours ago, Campion said:

Thanks, yeah, I saw something on the news tonight. What happened to Richard Tice, I didn't hear that Reform were having a leadership election? Oh well ... I'll probably vote for them anyway as I expect they'll be the only non-mainstream ones in our area. 

Edit ... looks like Reform's website isn't updated yet it's still showing Richard Tice as leader. As far as I can see in the news sites Nigel's take over as leader was just announced in a press conference without an election, but maybe I'm missing something here. 

I only followed briefly. They had some sort of conference a week ago and Tice was still leader. Since then I think they realized from polling data that the party can actually do very well in the election and folks pressured Nigel to stand as leader as it increases their chances.

• Thanks 1

@Campion I may also join you and vote reform now. Just for the simple reason, I think Prime Ministers question time would be the most entertaining tv EVER if it was Starmer vs Farage...😂

He would tie him up in knots so bad, he would never get out

• Like 2