Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own

SuperstarNeilC

The British government has issued a new guidebook to all sitting MPs to help them spot “conspiracy theories”.

"The proliferation of conspiracy theories across the UK is deeply disturbing. They are deliberate campaigns to spread disinformation and fear […] If they go unchallenged we risk the public being conned and their wellbeing potentially damaged. These campaigns are also a threat to the health of our democracy. It is essential that we give the public and their representatives the tools they need to combat this phenomenon.”

https://prepareforchange.net/2024/05/18/new-guide-teaches-uk-mps-to-spot-conspiracy-theories/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=new-guide-teaches-uk-mps-to-spot-conspiracy-theories

Inversion at its best!

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Katsika said:

The British government has issued a new guidebook to all sitting MPs to help them spot “conspiracy theories”.

"The proliferation of conspiracy theories across the UK is deeply disturbing. They are deliberate campaigns to spread disinformation and fear […] If they go unchallenged we risk the public being conned and their wellbeing potentially damaged. These campaigns are also a threat to the health of our democracy. It is essential that we give the public and their representatives the tools they need to combat this phenomenon.”

https://prepareforchange.net/2024/05/18/new-guide-teaches-uk-mps-to-spot-conspiracy-theories/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=new-guide-teaches-uk-mps-to-spot-conspiracy-theories

Inversion at its best!

And, right after it has just emerged that the MOD, for decades, have royally screwed over a load of veterans from the Falklands War. I must be dreaming...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c80z0d152wzo

'Troops cleared of blame over Falklands ship bombing.'

Secret files seen by the BBC have now exonerated the regiment and survivors say they now want to know why they were "abandoned" then "betrayed".

"I saw my friends die in the most horrible way and they walked away and concocted all these lies," said Simon Weston, who suffered almost 50% burns in the Sir Galahad attack. "They made it up, why?"

Edited by numnuts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, numnuts said:

And, right after it has just emerged that the MOD, for decades, have royally screwed over a load of veterans from the Falklands War. I must be dreaming...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... 🙃

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-69037200

'NHS and government infected-blood scandal cover-up.'

There had been a lack of openness, inquiry, accountability and elements of "downright deception", including destroying documents. But hiding the truth included not only deliberate concealment but telling half-truths or not telling people what they had had a right to know - including the risks of treatment they had received, what alternatives had been available and, at times, even the fact they had been infected.

Edited by numnuts
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Katsika said:

45 kilometers per second. That was the speed of a meteorite that traveled over Spain and Portugal on Saturday night.

There have been quite a few over that zone in the last 4 months or so. 

3 hours ago, RobinJ said:

There have been quite a few over that zone in the last 4 months or so. 

(Apart from "up there") do you know where they are coming from - e.g. the Oort cloud?

https://science.nasa.gov/solar-system/oort-cloud/facts/

In 2004 I was idly gazing out of one window and saw an incredible "fireball" hurtle pass - it looked like it was close enough to touch, and at that "moment" it felt like time was suspended - I rushed out to my south terrace, convinced it must have landed fairly close by - I saw a red glow to the West of me and started fretting about fire - (I found out a bit later that the glow I saw was from an illegally constructed cement factory built by the local mafia)!  I'm in the SE Med and seem to recall the same fireball was seen in Wales.

6 hours ago, Katsika said:

(Apart from "up there") do you know where they are coming from - e.g. the Oort cloud?

https://science.nasa.gov/solar-system/oort-cloud/facts/

In 2004 I was idly gazing out of one window and saw an incredible "fireball" hurtle pass - it looked like it was close enough to touch, and at that "moment" it felt like time was suspended - I rushed out to my south terrace, convinced it must have landed fairly close by - I saw a red glow to the West of me and started fretting about fire - (I found out a bit later that the glow I saw was from an illegally constructed cement factory built by the local mafia)!  I'm in the SE Med and seem to recall the same fireball was seen in Wales.

Yes. This site reports on a lot of extreme weather etc stuff: sott.net

• Thanks 1

It has been widely reported today that Klaus Schwab, aged 86, will be stepping down from his executive role at the WEF after founding it over 50 years ago in 1971. Schwab's replacement at the helm of the WEF has not been confirmed yet but it has been suggested that its management structure will be changed to a president and managing board. It seems that Schwab will retain some involvement with the WEF nevertheless as chair of the board of trustees.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/21/world-economic-forum-davos-founder-klaus-schwab-to-step-back-from-executive-role.html

World Economic Forum founder Klaus Schwab to step back from executive role

The nonprofit think tank confirmed that Schwab would transition to a role as chairman of the board of trustees. It added that the board would be organized around four strategic committees “to further reinforce the impact of our work.”

The WEF said the change in leadership will be completed before the next Davos gathering in January 2025.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sportsfan28 said:

22nd of May today, people remembering Lee Rigby, Manchester bombing, London terror attack and now Sky News and multiple other outlets are reporting this. Perfect timing on the 22nd, with symbolism and all that. 

Britons should have three days' worth of tinned food and water, government says | Politics News | Sky News

luckily I have about 3 months worth because I don’t trust the bleeders.

makes you wonder what they have planned though.

Bird Flu jumping over to cows was a bbc headline earlier. 
who knows.

the way I see it is that you may as well have a stash of food and essentials ‘just in case’. Worse case scenario is you have food in the cupboards and don’t need to go shopping for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freaky Dragonfly said:

Deputy PM of Canada. Cokehead?

Maybe she just got an itchy arse and she`s dying to scratch it, happens to the best of us at some point in our lives. 😀

2 hours ago, Freaky Dragonfly said:

Twisted bitch.

Thats called paralleling, where you mouth the words in near enough real time of the person who is speaking to you, (my relatives did this to me a while ago, it’s fucking annoying) except in her case she doesn’t mouth the words but uses over expressive body language/ticks that mimic his words.

Either that or she is up her own ass so badly that her ego makes her copy people, as no one can be relatable to her as she sees herself as god- the only way to make sense of these little people is to mimic them,

or yes maybe she banged out a couple of lines of chaz in the toilets before the interview 

On 5/24/2024 at 1:14 PM, Freaky Dragonfly said:

I'm looking at that and getting the drug references but my first thought was "Is that a robot?"

The expressions seem to repeat themselves in a cycle and some of the movements look a little like minor software malfunctions...

Whatever the cause, that is NOT normal.

So Sunak's proposing conscription - no doubt as an incentive to vote him out now that he's done his bit to damage our country.

I just wish everyone visiting the polling stations this July would write, 'Unfit for purpose', next to every candidate's name. It would send shock waves of fear through the stony, black hearts of the puppeteers.

But you can bet your life that most of the public will dutifully queue up and vote one of these evil 🤡 clown parties in, thus confirming their approval for our continued decent into dystopia. 

• Thanks 1