Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own

SuperstarNeilC

Talk about deluded!

'PCC wins show Labour is party of law and order'

Labour leader Keir Starmer has declared the party’s success in the West Midlands police and crime commissioner (PCC) election as proof that it is a “party of law and order”.

Simon Foster was re-elected as the region’s PCC after winning 327,844 votes, while his Conservative rival Tom Byrne received 241,827 votes.

Voters across the region went to the polls on Thursday, with counting taking place at the International Convention Centre (ICC) in Birmingham on Saturday.

"I think it's a fantastic result, it's vindication of the hard work that has been put in by the police and crime commissioner, ” Mr Starmer told the BBC at the count.

Since the PCC role was created in 2012, here in the West Midlands the position has been held by Labour.

In the same time, crime has skyrocketed, especially violent crime, and the West Midlands now has the highest number of stabbings. Police no longer bother attending burglaries.

Also last year, due to its failings, West Midlands Police was placed under 'special measures'.

While the PCC does not directly control the police force here, they are responsible for managing the budget and to hold the Chief Constable to account.

I'd say that Labour has been a catastrophic failure. Yet voters didn't seem to think otherwise and instead decided to vote for "more of the same". 🙄

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Talk about deluded!

Since the PCC role was created in 2012, here in the West Midlands the position has been held by Labour.

In the same time, crime has skyrocketed, especially violent crime, and the West Midlands now has the highest number of stabbings. Police no longer bother attending burglaries.

Also last year, due to its failings, West Midlands Police was placed under 'special measures'.

While the PCC does not directly control the police force here, they are responsible for managing the budget and to hold the Chief Constable to account.

I'd say that Labour has been a catastrophic failure. Yet voters didn't seem to think otherwise and instead decided to vote for "more of the same". 🙄

I chose not to vote for a commissioner in Cornwall because I resent the idea that a police commissioner is based on political parties. Surely the police commissioner should be entirely neutral. Not political agenda based.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

I chose not to vote for a commissioner in Cornwall because I resent the idea that a police commissioner is based on political parties. Surely the police commissioner should be entirely neutral. Not political agenda based.

I agree completely. I was broadly in favour of merging the role with the Metro mayor, as was originally planned here in the West Midlands. But Simon Foster, West Mids PCC, put a stop to that, and due to the short notice of this election, only Conservatives and Labour were able to field candidates.

Last time round, I voted for the independent candidate, as I believe that if the role must exist - personally I think it's pointless and should be scrapped - it should be apolitical.

I only ever seem to see our PCC Simon Foster in the media complaining about the Tory government, which may to a degree be correct, but ultimately is just blame-shifting away from his own failures. Just get on with the fucking job and use your limited budget wisely, instead of wasting it on painting patrol cars in rainbow liveries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Talk about deluded!

There was a good thread on the pre-2019 forum, about PCC's. First and foremost, when they were first conceived and introduced, prior to the first ballots occurring, they were sold to Joe Public as apolitical roles.That notion didn't last long, did it. Very deluded. Aside from that, they were also sold to Joe Public, with the 'This is all for you and democracy!' caveat attached. Well, I would far rather have kept my existing police authority in place. The lesser of two evils, in my view. Why was there no option on the ballot for people to vote that way, if they felt so inclined? Total BS. And, they can hire and fire Chief Constables, not just pressure and influence them. Over time, it can/has only lead to a widespread PTB takeover of our police forces. I am only surprised to see that Bill Gates isn't yet selecting candidates.  

Boeing's woes continue. A Fed-Ex operated 767 landed in Istanbul with inoperable nose gear. Fortunately, nobody was killed and the pilot execute a textbook landing for the circumstances, but imagine if the cargo had been human beings? As for me, If I have to fly - which isn't very often these days - I go out of my way to pick an airline that uses Airbus rather than Boeing. By the way, expect a scandal to break soon about the construction of Boeing's Dreamliner. They've been cutting corners on inspections. Hopefully, they correct the problem but beware if you're scheduled to fly on one of those planes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68966894

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/boeing-cargo-plane-lands-istanbul-without-front-landing-gear-no-casualties-2024-05-08/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

Boeing's woes continue. A Fed-Ex operated 767 landed in Istanbul with inoperable nose gear. Fortunately, nobody was killed and the pilot execute a textbook landing for the circumstances, but imagine if the cargo had been human beings? As for me, If I have to fly - which isn't very often these days - I go out of my way to pick an airline that uses Airbus rather than Boeing. By the way, expect a scandal to break soon about the construction of Boeing's Dreamliner. They've been cutting corners on inspections. Hopefully, they correct the problem but beware if you're scheduled to fly on one of those planes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68966894

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/boeing-cargo-plane-lands-istanbul-without-front-landing-gear-no-casualties-2024-05-08/

It's certainly not looking good for Boeing at present, what with all these whistleblowers 'mysteriously' dying.

This incident is probably down to poor maintenance, or maintenance not being performed to required standards due to cost-cutting resulting in low-skilled inexperienced workers not doing their job properly.

But like with the stories about electric bus fires, it is almost like a subtle social engineering experiment to put more people off flying.

The other concern is that this 'drip-drip' of stories could be priming us for a major air disaster, whether that be a plane falling apart in mid-air, or a fault causing a crash in a large residential area, which would really hurt the aviation industry.

• Like 1

Penny Mordaunt commissioned new guidance for Parliamentarians about how to spot and combat conspiracy theories. This guidance has been compiled by the Antisemitism Policy Trust and is now available.

https://antisemitism.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/Conspiracy-Theory-Guide.pdf

One could suggest that our governments are doing a good enough job on their own of eroding trust, however, according to the guide, conspiracy theories pose a danger to democracies as:

They erode trust in democratic institutions, including financial institutions, the justice system, healthcare providers, in governments at every level, and in regulated media outlets, undermining the most basic foundations of democratic rule. Democracies rely on the public’s confidence in their institutions to operate effectively. When confidence exists, people are more likely to comply with the laws and policies set by their governments – this does not however preclude parliamentary scrutiny, investigative journalism and media freedom which are also critical to functioning, transparent and free democracies. (Page 8)

Parliamentarians are advised that those who feel there is any truth to conspiracy theories are more likely to be narcissistic, schizotypal, suffering from anxiety, experiencing paranoid ideation or feeling a sense of alienation. Those who believe in paranormal phenomena are also highlighted alongside individuals with extreme views or on the fringes. It is suggested that conspiracy theories may be a gateway to more violent and extremist behaviour.

It may not come as a surprise that the Antisemitism Policy Trust has placed antisemitism at the centre of a myriad of an interconnected web of theories and presents conspiracy researchers as prejudiced and dogmatic.

image.png.3c45d52794a1a338c57e57bd3b41f773.png

MPs are warned not to spread conspiracy theories themselves and are given tips on spotting them so as not to unwittingly lose credibility and trust. They are urged to examine their own bias and attitudes to protect themselves from "being sucked in".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

Penny Mordaunt commissioned new guidance for Parliamentarians about how to spot and combat conspiracy theories. This guidance has been compiled by the Antisemitism Policy Trust and is now available.

https://antisemitism.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/Conspiracy-Theory-Guide.pdf

One could suggest that our governments are doing a good enough job on their own of eroding trust, however, according to the guide, conspiracy theories pose a danger to democracies as:

Parliamentarians are advised that those who feel there is any truth to conspiracy theories are more likely to be narcissistic, schizotypal, suffering from anxiety, experiencing paranoid ideation or feeling a sense of alienation. Those who believe in paranormal phenomena are also highlighted alongside individuals with extreme views or on the fringes. It is suggested that conspiracy theories may be a gateway to more violent and extremist behaviour.

It may not come as a surprise that the Antisemitism Policy Trust has placed antisemitism at the centre of a myriad of an interconnected web of theories and presents conspiracy researchers as prejudiced and dogmatic.

MPs are warned not to spread conspiracy theories themselves and are given tips on spotting them so as not to unwittingly lose credibility and trust. They are urged to examine their own bias and attitudes to protect themselves from "being sucked in".

All I'll say is that it's a pity we can't wipe our arses on PDF files! 🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

So, we got a hungry Hate Monster and a complicated diagram to worry about now.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

So they are implying that no Jewish people distrust the idea of 15 minute cities, climate change, NWO etc? So why am I here?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

Great, so that means that anyone who questions official narratives and thinks differently is now assumed to be an anti-semite.

It's not hard to work out where they're going with this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Great, so that means that anyone who questions official narratives and thinks differently is now assumed to be an anti-semite.

Been like this for quite a while already. Look how they went after Jeremy Corbyn, and the reasons/language they used when trying to stop DI from appearing at venues.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

It's not hard to work out where they're going with this!

So I'm a Jewish anti-semite...okaaaay (anti-Zionist, I'll allow them)

43 minutes ago, 1velocity7 said:

swiss man in skirt wins eurovision. klaus schwab will be proud

110524_Alma-Bengtsson-EBU_0336_0.jpg?ito

Perhaps it's a Greek Presidential Guard wannabe. I remember the Swiss Guard wearing skirts and pompom shoes back in the 70s (although they wear long bloomers now)

6 hours ago, k_j_evans said:

Perhaps it's a Greek Presidential Guard wannabe. I remember the Swiss Guard wearing skirts and pompom shoes back in the 70s (although they wear long bloomers now)

Can't believe anyone still watches that agenda pushing rubbish.

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 5:53 PM, Mitochondrial Eve said:

Just their way of trying to prevent discussion about specific topics. Age old technique of associating good information with information that they specifically selected because of how ridiculous it is. 

Coincidentally all the topics that they do not want discussed they have labelled conspiracy theory. 

image.png

"Its all connected" - Says the jews

Edited by SimonTV
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Folks need to think about what topics aren't even listed for condemnation. As someone I used to know at university once told me, 'they never criminalised lesbianism, as they thought it best that women didn't even think it to begin with'. I presume they were referring to the Victorian era. Anyhow, it's the same sort of logic. Out of sight; out of mind.

Edited by numnuts