Jump to content

Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own


SuperstarNeilC

Recommended Posts

They went at Tate, Brand now Huberman.

 

I don't like any of these influencers but deffo an attack on folks preaching "masculinity" stuffs....

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13264547/Stanford-professor-worlds-health-podcasts-Andrew-Huberman.html

 

The shaming of Mr Perfect: He's the Stanford professor podcast star who looks like Hercules and counsels millions of men about self-discipline. So how does Andrew Huberman explain being caught cheating on his girlfriend with FIVE lovers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, numnuts said:

I think that Rowling is legit and that Hopkins is part of the PTB's 'Divide And Conquer' strategy.

Who's the zillionaire? Follow the money. It's a cliche, I know. Katie Hopkins was left ruined and broken several years ago, so I respectfully disagree with you.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with this proposal.

 

Royal Mail wants to cut days for second-class post

Quote

Royal Mail has proposed cutting second-class letter deliveries to every other weekday.

It wants to keep its six-day-a-week service for first class letters under the proposals to reform the company.

It comes after regulator Ofcom suggested Royal Mail could reduce the number of delivery days from six to as few as three per week for all letters.

The firm has struggled as letter volumes have plummeted in recent years, leading to heavy financial losses.

Its performance has also been poor, with households and businesses complaining about delays on deliveries of important letters detailing medical appointments or legal documents.

The company's boss said the suggested plans would give it a "fighting chance" to change and keep its "universal service".

Royal Mail, which was split from the Post Office and privatised a decade ago, is legally obliged to deliver a one-price-goes-anywhere postal service, which means it has to deliver letters six days per week, Monday to Saturday, and parcels Monday to Friday.

While it is planning to cut second-class letter deliveries under its reforms, the company has said parcels - which have become more popular in recent years and are more profitable - would still be delivered seven days a week.

from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68721814

 

Most of the 'mail' that gets pushed through my letterbox by Royal Mail, ends up straight in my paper recycling bin, as it's usually unaddressed junk mail.

 

A lot of mail I receive is addressed to persons unknown, who don't even live at my address, so they end up back in the postbox 'returned to sender'.

 

A monumental waste of time and money.

 

Sure, I do look forward to receiving birthday and Christmas cards once a year, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if those posted second-class were only delivered three times a week.

 

Most of my 'critical' or important communications are delivered by email.

 

I agree that the parcel business is more popular and probably more profitable for Royal Mail, but I think they could be far more efficient if they better combined the services together. For example at work, through the course of a single day, we'll have up to 4 different delivery staff turning up. One or two will bring letters, while the other two will bring parcels.

 

There was one day when I was working at home a while back, when I had someone delivering a Tracked 24 parcel at the same time someone else was shoving Farm Foods leaflets through my letterbox!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with this proposal.

 

Royal Mail wants to cut days for second-class post

from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68721814

 

Most of the 'mail' that gets pushed through my letterbox by Royal Mail, ends up straight in my paper recycling bin, as it's usually unaddressed junk mail.

 

A lot of mail I receive is addressed to persons unknown, who don't even live at my address, so they end up back in the postbox 'returned to sender'.

 

A monumental waste of time and money.

 

Sure, I do look forward to receiving birthday and Christmas cards once a year, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if those posted second-class were only delivered three times a week.

 

Most of my 'critical' or important communications are delivered by email.

 

I agree that the parcel business is more popular and probably more profitable for Royal Mail, but I think they could be far more efficient if they better combined the services together. For example at work, through the course of a single day, we'll have up to 4 different delivery staff turning up. One or two will bring letters, while the other two will bring parcels.

 

There was one day when I was working at home a while back, when I had someone delivering a Tracked 24 parcel at the same time someone else was shoving Farm Foods leaflets through my letterbox!


Well the farmfoods junk and letters are all part of the USO. The commitment to deliver 6 days a week regardless of the importance of the mail.

Parcels are where the money is at.

My postman gets to my house at 10am pretty much every day. Parcels can arrive anytime throughout the day.

 

What this proposal does is puts the first class stamped letters with the parcels. 
No doubt job losses.

But that’s what shareholders do. They take the money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mr H said:

They went at Tate, Brand now Huberman.

 

I don't like any of these influencers but deffo an attack on folks preaching "masculinity" stuffs....

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13264547/Stanford-professor-worlds-health-podcasts-Andrew-Huberman.html

 

The shaming of Mr Perfect: He's the Stanford professor podcast star who looks like Hercules and counsels millions of men about self-discipline. So how does Andrew Huberman explain being caught cheating on his girlfriend with FIVE lovers?

when do you stop believing serial liars?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Mazthehobo said:


Well the farmfoods junk and letters are all part of the USO. The commitment to deliver 6 days a week regardless of the importance of the mail.

Parcels are where the money is at.

My postman gets to my house at 10am pretty much every day. Parcels can arrive anytime throughout the day.

 

What this proposal does is puts the first class stamped letters with the parcels. 
No doubt job losses.

But that’s what shareholders do. They take the money.

Maybe that should be clarified.. the average Joe shareholder who bought BT, Lloyds, Royal Mail shares during privatisation and held on to them will actually have lost money

 

The big money men who know when to buy and when to sell large quantities of shares will be quids in.. at the expense of both the workers and the small shareholders. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pete675 said:

Maybe that should be clarified.. the average Joe shareholder who bought BT, Lloyds, Royal Mail shares during privatisation and held on to them will actually have lost money

 

The big money men who know when to buy and when to sell large quantities of shares will be quids in.. at the expense of both the workers and the small shareholders. 

 

^ This.

There has been many youtube influencers kept on saying hodl....but I have come to a conclusion that if you sell up and down of the trendline, you would probably make more money. And I don't mean scalping or day trading but swing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pete675 said:

Maybe that should be clarified.. the average Joe shareholder who bought BT, Lloyds, Royal Mail shares during privatisation and held on to them will actually have lost money

 

The big money men who know when to buy and when to sell large quantities of shares will be quids in.. at the expense of both the workers and the small shareholders. 


True. Royal Mail shares have plummeted since they got taken over. Under £3 now I think. 
Money men usually put money first. Profits are everything so if this proposal that supposedly saves Royal Mail £300m a year is put forward, the majority share holders will be licking their lips.

CWU need to assess this problem properly as they have lost a lot of credibility since the last dispute.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mazthehobo said:


True. Royal Mail shares have plummeted since they got taken over. Under £3 now I think. 
Money men usually put money first. Profits are everything so if this proposal that supposedly saves Royal Mail £300m a year is put forward, the majority share holders will be licking their lips.

CWU need to assess this problem properly as they have lost a lot of credibility since the last dispute.

 

Looks like IDS is in the middle of forming a head n shoulder so chances are that it will go down even more. Good for shorting I guess. Not a financial advice and wild guess. 😁

Edited by DaleP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13284103/study-young-people-cancer-Kate-Middleton.html

 

It is among the most puzzling medical mysteries of the moment: why are so many young, otherwise healthy people being diagnosed with cancer?

 

new study by experts from Washington University in St Louis found that the generations with higher cancer rates have cells and tissues in their body that are old beyond their years. 

 

In other words, people born after 1965 - aged 59 or younger - may be biologically older than their chronological age. 

Cells are the hub of every bodily function. And as they age, their ability to repair and multiply becomes impaired, leading to a plethora of knock-on effects.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr H said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13284103/study-young-people-cancer-Kate-Middleton.html

 

It is among the most puzzling medical mysteries of the moment: why are so many young, otherwise healthy people being diagnosed with cancer?

 

new study by experts from Washington University in St Louis found that the generations with higher cancer rates have cells and tissues in their body that are old beyond their years. 

 

In other words, people born after 1965 - aged 59 or younger - may be biologically older than their chronological age. 

Cells are the hub of every bodily function. And as they age, their ability to repair and multiply becomes impaired, leading to a plethora of knock-on effects.

that is what a 50ish years of poison in food plus technology plus  the jabs do to human body 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Freaky Dragonfly said:

 

Does not compute, as Jesus was Jewish - so is that just for quoting parts of the New Testament that disagree with the Old? If not, surely it is an anti-Semitic law...and what theological qualifications do the members of the Canadian government have?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2024 at 3:16 PM, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

More news about Boeing, which seems to be staggering from one mess to another. This time the cowling of the starboard engine on a Southwest Boeing 737 ripped off in flight.

 

 

Some super glue should fix that to be fair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Household chemicals (fire retardent on sofa, bed electrical goods and antibac soap, nail polish, carpets, washing up liquid etc 😱 I use ecover) may increase risk of neurological conditions like autism, MS

 

The chemical can cross blood brain barrier and it will accumulate there.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/household-chemicals-may-increase-risk-neurological-conditions-autism-ms

 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ariannajohnson/2024/03/25/chemicals-found-in-popular-household-products-potentially-linked-to-autism-multiple-sclerosis-study-suggests/?sh=48c2f2e67b17

 

I spotted another young guy who was oblivious to the free self-checkout terminal and he had to be guided by an older guy. 🤭

Edited by DaleP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mating over and over will eventually cause issues particularly if interbreeding is involved, also introducing foreign chemicals that might actually cause more harm will effect offspring even so the parents do not get ill themselves, their children might have issues, then their children will be lottery gamblers.  Due to better living we are living longer and quite honestly we are a victim of our success.  

 

Life is becoming more complex for the human mind to cope with modern technology when in fact we are really hunters and feeders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nigeria’s digital prison has been built and the gates are closing

https://expose-news.com/2024/04/17/nigerias-digital-prison-has-been-built/

 

-----------------------------------------------

Biometric identification: It’s what Russia craves?

Nobody asked for this but we're getting it anyway

https://off-guardian.org/2024/04/17/biometric-identification-its-what-russia-craves/

 

 

 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If doctors spent more time looking after their patients, rather than 'worrying' about an imagined 'climate emergency', then the NHS wouldn't be in the state it is in.

 

Just Stop Oil doctor's fitness to practise 'impaired'

Quote

A tribunal has found a doctor's fitness to practise to be impaired due to misconduct after she was involved in a number of Just Stop Oil protests.

Dr Sarah Benn, a GP in Birmingham until 2022, was arrested after taking part in demonstrations at the Kingsbury oil terminal in Warwickshire.

The General Medical Council (GMC) said the proceedings were not brought as a reaction to her participation in protests, but the fact that her actions broke the law and resulted in her imprisonment.

The tribunal said it must now consider what sanction, if any, to impose on the doctor’s registration.

Dr Benn said as a doctor, she had a moral duty to take action to protect life and health and that the climate emergency was a health emergency which was "happening now".

At the tribunal, the 57-year-old referred to the British Medical Journal and stated they were calling on governments and leaders to act urgently on climate change, especially those in wealthier countries such as the UK.

She also submitted that there was evidence that non-violent direct action helped to change policy and law, and that this had been proven by history, citing the example of the Suffragette movement.

She added: "How could my patients trust me again, if I didn’t take action to confront the greatest health crisis we face?"

from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c1vw4k9qn29o

 

Here's a hint: your patients might trust you more if you were able to let them make appointments to see them for whatever medical condition they may have, rather than you being 'unavailable' due to attending some meaningless protest.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

If doctors spent more time looking after their patients, rather than 'worrying' about an imagined 'climate emergency', then the NHS wouldn't be in the state it is in.

 

Just Stop Oil doctor's fitness to practise 'impaired'

from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c1vw4k9qn29o

 

Here's a hint: your patients might trust you more if you were able to let them make appointments to see them for whatever medical condition they may have, rather than you being 'unavailable' due to attending some meaningless protest.

 

 

sounds like an implanted story to push climate change rather than anything real. I doubt whether one doctor who has fallen for the climate change agenda is responsible for the entire NHS issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...