Jump to content

Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own


SuperstarNeilC

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

These opinion polls are just part of the social engineering and propaganda.

 

A sample of 15000 people is not representative of the whole UK electorate, and no doubt the respondents were chosen or selected to give the desired outcome.

 

You only have to look at who commissioned this survey, "Best For Britain", an organisation co-founded by none other than Gina Miller.

 

from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_for_Britain

 

I think it is highly likely that Labour will win the next General Election anyway, but it may not be the 'landslide' many pundits/people are predicting/hoping for.

Ya polls not always reliable. But even Tory polls saying similar.

 

I do think with unelected leader, plus the red labour Brexit votes plus all the cock ups, we could see Tories do a bit of a lib Dem.

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13258095/Reform-Party-cost-Tories-50-seats-Shock-study-Mail-shows-Conservatives-reduced-just-80-MPs-Labour-470.html

 

mega-study involving more than 18,000 people in multiple polls over recent weeks forecasts the Tories are on course for their worst election defeat in history.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Act 2021 creates a new crime of "stirring up hatred" relating to age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity or being intersex.

 

The maximum penalty is a prison sentence of seven years.

 

A person commits an offence if they communicate material, or behave in a manner, "that a reasonable person would consider to be threatening or abusive," with the intention of stirring up hatred based on the protected characteristics.

 

Stirring up hatred based on race, colour, nationality or ethnicity was already illegal in Great Britain under the Public Order Act 1986 but, in an attempt to streamline the criminal law in Scotland, that too is now part of the Hate Crime Act.

 

The bar for this offence is lower than for the other protected characteristics, as it also includes "insulting" behaviour, and as the prosecution need only prove that stirring up hatred was "likely" rather than "intended".

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68703684

 

Scottish banter is now illegal, I don't know what to say?

 

 

Edited by Velma
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Russian concert attack was a FALSE FLAG! - Sky News Website…

 

Because it took longer than normal to mobilise the armed response and the time it took to get there, Sky News believe that because of the apartment block bombings in 1999, killing 300, was possibly also a false flag event then it only makes sense that the concert was also. Also worth noting that in 1999 some Russian agents were arrested but planted very similar bombs elsewhere, around the same time, but were later released because it was apparently a ‘Terror Attack Drill.’ 
 

Now, sure, it could be a False Flag….

but to come to that conclusion based on the response time of the armed units then you would have to question the Hamas attacks last October as well. And of course the 9/11 attacks. But to do that labels you a crazy conspiracist.

And the Russian agents happening to play fake bombs on the same day?

Well, just days before the London 7/7 attacks the police were staging a terror attack drill regarding London transport.

A while before the Boston Marathon Bombings pile were preparing for a terrier attack at a marathon in Boston.

Even in 9/11 when the US fighter jets were told to go the wrong way.

And of course the Covid Event plan the year before it happened.

 

So question everything or accept everything. But the media won’t do that.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mr H said:

Ya polls not always reliable. But even Tory polls saying similar.

 

I do think with unelected leader, plus the red labour Brexit votes plus all the cock ups, we could see Tories do a bit of a lib Dem.

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13258095/Reform-Party-cost-Tories-50-seats-Shock-study-Mail-shows-Conservatives-reduced-just-80-MPs-Labour-470.html

 

mega-study involving more than 18,000 people in multiple polls over recent weeks forecasts the Tories are on course for their worst election defeat in history.

And it's what always happens. Election. Government gets in, feathers its own nest as usual. Eventually the plebs get discontented so they vote for the other party at the next election. Rinse and repeat. And "non one" notices that whoever gets in, the outcome is always the same in the end. So it's Labour's turn to stuff things up.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, k_j_evans said:

And it's what always happens. Election. Government gets in, feathers its own nest as usual. Eventually the plebs get discontented so they vote for the other party at the next election. Rinse and repeat. And "non one" notices that whoever gets in, the outcome is always the same in the end. So it's Labour's turn to stuff things up.

Very true.

 

Even within this system. You don't really need parties. It's not a football matched. Why not have job positions and you hire most qualified for the job, like in real life.

 

So you basically would vote every 4 years for every position. Nothing to do with parties and anyone could apply for the job...

 

As it stands you have to.belong to a political party for one of these jobs, unnecessary obstacle. Then they just switch roles between them, with none having qualifications in the jobs they're hired to do. Their job essentially is to be a politician and not to run the country 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Velma said:

The Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Act 2021 creates a new crime of "stirring up hatred" relating to age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity or being intersex.

 

The maximum penalty is a prison sentence of seven years.

 

A person commits an offence if they communicate material, or behave in a manner, "that a reasonable person would consider to be threatening or abusive," with the intention of stirring up hatred based on the protected characteristics.

 

Stirring up hatred based on race, colour, nationality or ethnicity was already illegal in Great Britain under the Public Order Act 1986 but, in an attempt to streamline the criminal law in Scotland, that too is now part of the Hate Crime Act.

 

The bar for this offence is lower than for the other protected characteristics, as it also includes "insulting" behaviour, and as the prosecution need only prove that stirring up hatred was "likely" rather than "intended".

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68703684

 

Scottish banter is now illegal, I don't know what to say?

 

 

I'm not sure what exactly is meant by "reasonable person" and "reasonable behaviour". 

 

"(2) A person commits an offence if—

(a) the person—

(i) behaves in a manner that a reasonable person would consider to be threatening or abusive, or

(ii) communicates to another person material that a reasonable person would consider to be threatening or abusive, and

(b) in doing so, the person intends to stir up hatred against a group of persons based on the group being defined by reference to a characteristic mentioned in subsection (3)."

 

Are highly sensitive 'neurodivergent' people considered 'reasonable' if they feel threatened?

 

Are conspiracy theorists considered reasonable? Children, Prisoners, Criminals, Anti-vaxxers, Drug addicts, Christians, Muslims? 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/2/2024 at 8:47 AM, Velma said:

The word democracy comes from the Greek words "demos", meaning people, and "kratos" meaning power; so democracy can be thought of as "power of the people": a way of governing which depends on the will of the people. However, Ezra Pound said, “Democracy is now currently defined in Europe as a 'country run by Jews.”

 

Rishi Sunak claims that our democracy is being undermined, which it is, by him, because the will of the people, which has been demonstrated peacefully at pro-Palestine marches, demanding a ceasefire in Gaza, is being defied by our government and conflated with ‘antisemitism.’ He says we can criticise any state, (except Israel.)

 

He laments the election of George Galloway in Rochdale and resorted to smearing his reputation, by painting him as a “terrorist” sympathiser., although George won with a democratic majority. Sunak says democracy is under threat, but he is the one who is outlawing the right to protest, because it exposes how undemocratic our parliament is.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2024/mar/01/extremists-trying-to-tear-us-apart-says-rishi-sunak-in-impromptu-speech-video

 

Here's george making the one-eye satanic symbol, and praising the satan juice. Because he is a sellout. No one gets into politics or a position of influence unless allowed. These people are selected, not elected

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2024 at 4:25 AM, Velma said:

Scottish banter is now illegal, I don't know what to say?

So suggesting that the Grand Canyon was started when a Scotsman dropped a penny down a rabbit hole will get you time in the grey bar hotel? How absurd.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

So suggesting that the Grand Canyon was started when a Scotsman dropped a penny down a rabbit hole will get you time in the grey bar hotel? How absurd.

 

Seven years is a stiff sentence for misgendering.

 

I feel sorry for folk with Tourette Syndrome!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2024 at 9:25 AM, Velma said:

The Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Act 2021 creates a new crime of "stirring up hatred" relating to age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity or being intersex.

 

The maximum penalty is a prison sentence of seven years.

 

A person commits an offence if they communicate material, or behave in a manner, "that a reasonable person would consider to be threatening or abusive," with the intention of stirring up hatred based on the protected characteristics.

 

Stirring up hatred based on race, colour, nationality or ethnicity was already illegal in Great Britain under the Public Order Act 1986 but, in an attempt to streamline the criminal law in Scotland, that too is now part of the Hate Crime Act.

 

The bar for this offence is lower than for the other protected characteristics, as it also includes "insulting" behaviour, and as the prosecution need only prove that stirring up hatred was "likely" rather than "intended".

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68703684

 

Scottish banter is now illegal, I don't know what to say?

Fuck me! You'll have to move to England velma. We have more freedom. 😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

So suggesting that the Grand Canyon was started when a Scotsman dropped a penny down a rabbit hole will get you time in the grey bar hotel? How absurd.

Or the Scotsman who found a crutch in the street and raced home to break his wife's leg, waste not, want not!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2024 at 9:25 AM, Velma said:

The Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Act 2021 creates a new crime of "stirring up hatred" relating to age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity or being intersex.

 

The maximum penalty is a prison sentence of seven years.

 

A person commits an offence if they communicate material, or behave in a manner, "that a reasonable person would consider to be threatening or abusive," with the intention of stirring up hatred based on the protected characteristics.

 

Stirring up hatred based on race, colour, nationality or ethnicity was already illegal in Great Britain under the Public Order Act 1986 but, in an attempt to streamline the criminal law in Scotland, that too is now part of the Hate Crime Act.

 

The bar for this offence is lower than for the other protected characteristics, as it also includes "insulting" behaviour, and as the prosecution need only prove that stirring up hatred was "likely" rather than "intended".

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68703684

 

Scottish banter is now illegal, I don't know what to say?

 

 

 

 

I reckon that's the Edinburgh Fringe now dead in the water.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, webtrekker said:

 

 

I reckon that's the Edinburgh Fringe now dead in the water.

I reckon Frankie Boyle is up shit creek without a paddle mate!

'OOOH Frankie would you like a lift'?ju.jpg.c18e9a23ec982ee13737717ff85fd89c.jpg

download(11).jpg.12474904c026df0d83eb580a478a85e6.jpg 'NO JULIAN, now fuck off, I'm trying to have a crap here'!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, webtrekker said:

 

 

I don't think Scotland will become Islamic, but otherwise Hopkins makes some good points. 

 

The Scottish PM

As part of a cabinet reshuffle of Sturgeon's second ministry in 2018, Yousaf was promoted to the cabinet as justice secretary. He introduced a controversial bill to parliament which ultimately became law as the Hate Crime and Public Order Act 2021.[2][3] In 2021, he was appointed health secretary during the later phase of the COVID-19 pandemic and was responsible for the NHS's recovery, as well as the mass roll-out of the vaccination programme which began under his predecessor. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...