Jump to content

Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own


SuperstarNeilC

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

That looks like an old Fokker Trimotor. Fokker used that tail design on its scout aircraft in WWI. You'd probably be safer on board that crate than a 737 Max.

A retired fighter pilot was giving  lecture at a posh school some years ago, and he said 'suddenly this Focker suddenly came out of the clouds to my left. I dived to avoid him, and suddenly another Focker came in behind me'!😟 The head teacher interjected and said 'let me explain children, a Focker is a type of German fighter plane, right' he said turning to the pilot for confirmation!🤔 The pilot said 'yes, you are correct, but, in this case those two Fockers were both Messerschmitt 109's!🤭

 

10 hours ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

That looks like an old Fokker Trimotor. Fokker used that tail design on its scout aircraft in WWI. You'd probably be safer on board that crate than a 737 Max.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr Crabtree said:

A retired fighter pilot was giving  lecture at a posh school some years ago, and he said 'suddenly this Focker suddenly came out of the clouds to my left. I dived to avoid him, and suddenly another Focker came in behind me'!😟 The head teacher interjected and said 'let me explain children, a Focker is a type of German fighter plane, right' he said turning to the pilot for confirmation!🤔 The pilot said 'yes, you are correct, but, in this case those two Fockers were both Messerschmitt 109's!🤭

 

you silly focker. ;-)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/20/2024 at 8:33 PM, Anti Facts Sir said:

Well, Agenda 2030 wants travel to be virtually extinct (as far as plebs are concerned), so this could be a deliberate undermining and takedown of the industry, company by company.

 

In addition, it is no surprise that many companies/businesses are failing because they are no longer recruiting "the best people for the job", instead preferring to meet 'diversity and inclusivity' targets. The pursuit of 'woke ideology' leads to many bad business decisions.

 

 

On 3/21/2024 at 12:10 PM, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

You make a good point. There are hundreds of thousands of flights every day that take off and land without incident. The recent spate of cock-ups with Boeing really is an anomaly given their hitherto excellent safety record. However, woke senior management have been "urged" to modify hiring practices and people are working for the company now that would not have got a look-in even 10 years ago. Automation has a lot to do with it but when skilled workers are replaced with less skilled workers, there's bound to be trouble.

 

Same again, recruitment is no longer about getting 'the best people for the job', but pandering to 'diversity and inclusion'.

 

Experience and ability count for nothing these days, not when you can bring in less skilled workers (that you can pay less) and just hope to 'train' them with some slideshows, PDFs, presentations and 'workflow processes'.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Iv said before that once planes are outlawed, and cars become too expensive to run, the only mode of transport will be the public transport and to board them you will need an app. And that app will show your social credit score and vaccine status.

non compliant will be housebound.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mazthehobo said:

Iv said before that once planes are outlawed, and cars become too expensive to run, the only mode of transport will be the public transport and to board them you will need an app. And that app will show your social credit score and vaccine status.

non compliant will be housebound.

 

Maybe this is why so many local authorities in the UK are keen to "take back control of our buses" with their franchising plans, as has already happened in Manchester.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

Maybe this is why so many local authorities in the UK are keen to "take back control of our buses" with their franchising plans, as has already happened in Manchester.

 

 


Probably.

Best to keep a good old fashioned push bike or two and spare tyres just so you can get about.

It seems the local councils are already neglecting the roads.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mazthehobo said:

Iv said before that once planes are outlawed, and cars become too expensive to run, the only mode of transport will be the public transport and to board them you will need an app. And that app will show your social credit score and vaccine status.

non compliant will be housebound.

 

The £2 price cap on single bus fares is a hint of cheaper public transport, which will eventually be free - all part of 'Universal Basic Services', a variation of Universal Basic Income. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/23/2024 at 9:39 PM, Grumpy Grapes said:

 

The £2 price cap on single bus fares is a hint of cheaper public transport, which will eventually be free - all part of 'Universal Basic Services', a variation of Universal Basic Income. 

Couldn't believe the continual freezing of bus pass prices here in Birmingham. They are cheaper than what they were two years ago. 

 

Yet my rent has gone up 25% and council tax 10% in the same period. Food prices are ridiculous. 

 

So yes, the public transport cap stands out. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey look mate. If you survived our poison in the food and waters and you're somehow still alive.

 

Why don't you consider topping yourself? I mean look at the celeb's smiley face on the ad. You will love it trust me.

 

And to be perfectly honest saves us a job innit. And it's perfectly normal.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/mar/28/dignitas-uk-membership-assisted-dying-scottish-parliament-bill

 

UK membership of Dignitas soars by 24% as assisted dying in Scotland moves closer

Bill being laid before Scottish parliament could, if approved, allow people in Britain to take their own lives within the law

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bliar is still keeping Satan waitin' but this one isn't:

 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/27/joe-lieberman-dies-82

 

Can't think of anything good to say about this guy except that he was keen on protecting Polar Bears.

 

Good for Polar Bears, but much less so for Palestinians, Iraqis, Afghans, Serbs etc

 

Lieberman just loved censoring free speech on the internet, tying the US to Israel and unleashing unending war in the Middle East.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mr H said:

Hey look mate. If you survived our poison in the food and waters and you're somehow still alive.

 

Why don't you consider topping yourself? I mean look at the celeb's smiley face on the ad. You will love it trust me.

 

And to be perfectly honest saves us a job innit. And it's perfectly normal.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/mar/28/dignitas-uk-membership-assisted-dying-scottish-parliament-bill

 

UK membership of Dignitas soars by 24% as assisted dying in Scotland moves closer

Bill being laid before Scottish parliament could, if approved, allow people in Britain to take their own lives within the law

 

 

 

 

Very glad I don't watch the BBC, can imagine them coming up with a special 'That's Death' featuring Dame Rancid being accompanied her henchmen and funny shaped potatoes on a  plane to Switzerland.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mr H said:

Hey look mate. If you survived our poison in the food and waters and you're somehow still alive.

 

Why don't you consider topping yourself? I mean look at the celeb's smiley face on the ad. You will love it trust me.

 

And to be perfectly honest saves us a job innit. And it's perfectly normal.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/mar/28/dignitas-uk-membership-assisted-dying-scottish-parliament-bill

 

UK membership of Dignitas soars by 24% as assisted dying in Scotland moves closer

Bill being laid before Scottish parliament could, if approved, allow people in Britain to take their own lives within the law

 

 

 

Brits have already dropped off their XL bully's in Scotland, may as well come here to commit suicide too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2024 at 10:07 PM, eddy64 said:

i see theyre proposing to bring in dynamic  pricing for the old leccy, it was bound to happen.

 

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/dynamic-ofgem-energy-price-cap-180739176.html

 

On 3/25/2024 at 11:05 PM, Campion said:

 

Cheers for sharing that. I can't see how it would work without having smart meters though. 

 

Yes, it will only work for those with smart meters.

 

I foresaw this coming nearly two years ago now...

 

The real reason for ‘smart meters’ is becoming ever more apparent

https://thegrumpyowl.co.uk/2022/06/27/the-real-reason-for-smart-meters-is-becoming-ever-more-apparent/

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Get ready for labor globalist Uber major

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/mar/30/conservatives-set-for-worst-election-result-yet-research-shows

 

winning fewer than 100 seats, according to a new poll.

The seat-by-seat analysis gives the Tories 98 constituencies compared with Labour’s 468, giving Sir Keir Starmer a 286-seat majority, the Sunday Times has reported.

The 15,000-person poll, conducted by agency Survation on behalf of Best for Britain, gives Labour a 45% vote share with a 19-point lead over the Conservatives.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/23/2024 at 8:31 PM, Mazthehobo said:


Probably.

Best to keep a good old fashioned push bike or two and spare tyres just so you can get about.

It seems the local councils are already neglecting the roads.

Yeah, or Mountain bike etc   and a safety hat as pot holes getting worse it seems to me too

Edited by Talorgan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Police saying that ‘wild conspiracy theories’ are hampering police investigations and putting innocents people in ‘harms way.’

 

QUICK! Suppress online freedoms of speech NOW!

 

Perhaps if the media didn’t hype up certain cases of people falling into rivers, or fake royal photos or any of the other usually mundane stories, people wouldn’t think there was a hidden motive or distraction technique in place.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/28/2024 at 6:26 AM, Mr H said:

Hey look mate. If you survived our poison in the food and waters and you're somehow still alive.

 

Why don't you consider topping yourself? I mean look at the celeb's smiley face on the ad. You will love it trust me.

 

And to be perfectly honest saves us a job innit. And it's perfectly normal.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/mar/28/dignitas-uk-membership-assisted-dying-scottish-parliament-bill

 

UK membership of Dignitas soars by 24% as assisted dying in Scotland moves closer

Bill being laid before Scottish parliament could, if approved, allow people in Britain to take their own lives within the law

Jim m8

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mr H said:

Get ready for labor globalist Uber major

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/mar/30/conservatives-set-for-worst-election-result-yet-research-shows

 

winning fewer than 100 seats, according to a new poll.

The seat-by-seat analysis gives the Tories 98 constituencies compared with Labour’s 468, giving Sir Keir Starmer a 286-seat majority, the Sunday Times has reported.

The 15,000-person poll, conducted by agency Survation on behalf of Best for Britain, gives Labour a 45% vote share with a 19-point lead over the Conservatives.

 

These opinion polls are just part of the social engineering and propaganda.

 

A sample of 15000 people is not representative of the whole UK electorate, and no doubt the respondents were chosen or selected to give the desired outcome.

 

You only have to look at who commissioned this survey, "Best For Britain", an organisation co-founded by none other than Gina Miller.

 

Quote

Best for Britain is a civil society campaign, launched on 26 April 2017, to stop Brexit and continue the UK's membership of the European Union (EU). Since 2021, the organisation's aim has changed to encourage greater internationalism rather than an immediate push to rejoin the EU.

 

Aims

Prior to the finalisation of Brexit, Best for Britain's goal was a democratic way to stop Brexit. Since 2021, Best for Britain aims to keep the UK open to EU membership in the future, but in the short term aims at re-engagement with Europe, internationalist policies, and cooperation with business. As part of the organisation's relaunch in April 2021, chief executive Naomi Smith wrote in The Times that the organisation had shifted from a “reactive campaign in response to an emergent threat to Britain’s place in the world” to a “proactive organisation that will stand up against a decline in internationalist values happening again”.

from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_for_Britain

 

I think it is highly likely that Labour will win the next General Election anyway, but it may not be the 'landslide' many pundits/people are predicting/hoping for.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mazthehobo said:

Police saying that ‘wild conspiracy theories’ are hampering police investigations and putting innocents people in ‘harms way.’

 

QUICK! Suppress online freedoms of speech NOW!

 

Perhaps if the media didn’t hype up certain cases of people falling into rivers, or fake royal photos or any of the other usually mundane stories, people wouldn’t think there was a hidden motive or distraction technique in place.

 

The "wild conspiracy theories" stem from the fact that the media fail to provide anything close to "what actually happened". In the absence of facts and details, that's when the wild speculation starts.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...