Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own

SuperstarNeilC

https://www.upday.com/uk/man-becomes-first-to-be-jailed-in-england-for-cyber-flashing?utm_source=upday&utm_medium=referral

Man becomes first to be jailed in England for cyber-flashing teenage girl

The first person in England and Wales to be convicted of a cyber-flashing offence has been jailed for 66 weeks.

" Nicholas Hawkes was convicted under the Online Safety Act after cyber-flashing became an offence on January 31 this year. "

The offence carries a maximum two-year sentence.

Despite his previous offending, Hawkes has reportedly not received any treatment.

Though he was offered 12 appointments with a psychiatrist he did not receive them as the waiting list was too long, the court was told.

On 3/18/2024 at 12:32 PM, Campion said:

Agreed. Society is basically a big protection racket whether we like it or not. Someone will be in charge who's a more powerful warlord than the other gangs vying for power, and we're lucky to have a choice at all. Just look at what happens in Haiti when there's no regular government to be the top dog. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13209801/unicef-boss-chaos-haiti-mad-max-gangs-aid-hunger-malnutrition.html 

The question becomes, why do you feel you need a ruler over you?

We are not "lucky" to have a choice, its our divine right to choose. We don't need rulers, we need cooperation and true community with each other. Or, as Max Igan puts it; common unity.

By falling for the "we need overlords" programming all we will get is more of the same. Power corrupts. Plenty of examples in history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, RobinJ said:

The question becomes, why do you feel you need a ruler over you?

We are not "lucky" to have a choice, its our divine right to choose. We don't need rulers, we need cooperation and true community with each other. Or, as Max Igan puts it; common unity.

By falling for the "we need overlords" programming all we will get is more of the same. Power corrupts. Plenty of examples in history.

It's not that I feel a need for rulers. It's not a 'need', more like an observation of what human society has been like. Mostly anyway. If there are communities of true cooperation without rulers around somewhere that's great. But any community needs strength to defend itself against external invaders and internal criminals. In Haiti, if the gangs succeed in toppling the government completely then they'll turn on each other until someone comes out on top and then everyone will have to pay tribute to them. 

In our country this pattern played out all through history with the power struggle resulting in what we call the monarchy. We've evolved just a little bit since then, with political parties replacing royal houses but yeah, if we can evolve towards 'common unity' that sounds good. 

Or does it? What is 'common unity'?  It could be interpreted various ways: we want to keep our freedoms don't we? Including the freedom to be different from other people and express our individuality and our group identity.  Cooperation and unity can be forced on people in totalitarian and collectivist systems like fascism and communism. 

So it comes back to what I've talked about before, the spiritual work of balancing the duality of separation and wholeness; diversity and unity; fragmentation and oneness; finite and infinite; relative and absolute. As soon as I split myself off from infinity into a finite identity, I'm creating self vs other. Which naturally leads to competition & conflict, as well as competition and community. 

Boeing, once the gold standard of commercial aviation, is rapidly circling the pan. How an industry that holds the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in its hands daily can allow such hiring practices is mind-boggling. Just take a look at this.

GIvtSAAX0AAx4xW?format=jpg&name=small

4 hours ago, Campion said:

Or does it? What is 'common unity'?  It could be interpreted various ways: we want to keep our freedoms don't we? Including the freedom to be different from other people and express our individuality and our group identity.  Cooperation and unity can be forced on people in totalitarian and collectivist systems like fascism and communism. 

Ask the Pope. He seems to think that everything should be in common usage and should be distributed based on need. In other words, If I have two cars and someone needs one, they should be able to take it based on their need. I know that's a bit simplistic and that idea has been around for a long time, but it is this philosophy - liveration theology - that is behind the mass immigration we are witnessing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

- that is behind the mass immigration we are witnessing.

except mass migration isn't just about economics. It changes the culture, language, beliefs, values, tastes, identity, customs etc of the population

so really there is more to the agenda.....the jesuit pope saying it is about wealth redistribution is just him applying a faux-moral cover story to their globalist social engineering

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

Boeing, once the gold standard of commercial aviation, is rapidly circling the pan. How an industry that holds the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in its hands daily can allow such hiring practices is mind-boggling. Just take a look at this.

GIvtSAAX0AAx4xW?format=jpg&name=small

Well, Agenda 2030 wants travel to be virtually extinct (as far as plebs are concerned), so this could be a deliberate undermining and takedown of the industry, company by company.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

I also blame American Corporate Cost Cutting and Corner Cutting. Cheaper measure were not taken when building planes in the 1960/70s, or for the moon landings (if they actually happened).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Joe Bloggs will eventually hear so many of these stores and decide "oooh, I think I am safer staying in my 15-minute smart tower block 24/7, and being an enlightened person that's what I will do".

Job done.

Joe bloggs is a prick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Observations said:

I was surprised to hear that this wasn't already illegal, under one law or another. Or maybe it was and they just mean it is now a specific offence? If so, then hardly a story worthy of all the attention it got. If so, then maybe the mass media were only trying to generate some positive publicity for the ghastly Online Safety Act. Whatever the nitty gritty of it, I think that the vast majority of folks would agree that it is poor form to message people with such pics, unless there is an obvious justification for doing so. As in, an existing romantic/sexual relationship or pre-agreement etc..  

6 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Well, Agenda 2030 wants travel to be virtually extinct (as far as plebs are concerned), so this could be a deliberate undermining and takedown of the industry, company by company.

It does feel like there is some sort of hidden agenda at play.

Edited by numnuts
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Joe Bloggs will eventually hear so many of these stores and decide "oooh, I think I am safer staying in my 15-minute smart tower block 24/7, and being an enlightened person that's what I will do".

Job done.

You make a good point. There are hundreds of thousands of flights every day that take off and land without incident. The recent spate of cock-ups with Boeing really is an anomaly given their hitherto excellent safety record. However, woke senior management have been "urged" to modify hiring practices and people are working for the company now that would not have got a look-in even 10 years ago. Automation has a lot to do with it but when skilled workers are replaced with less skilled workers, there's bound to be trouble.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Job done.

And why go abroad to experience other cultures anyway? , when a glance through your own window will suffice?🤔

download(44).jpg.271f1c1ae4e07c3fe7771622edb51eba.jpg

Edited by Mr Crabtree
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mr Crabtree said:

And why go abroad to experience other cultures anyway? , when a glance through your own window will suffice?🤔

download(44).jpg.271f1c1ae4e07c3fe7771622edb51eba.jpg

i hear african women are roaming the streets looking for an african man but can't find any

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

You make a good point. There are hundreds of thousands of flights every day that take off and land without incident. The recent spate of cock-ups with Boeing really is an anomaly given their hitherto excellent safety record. However, woke senior management have been "urged" to modify hiring practices and people are working for the company now that would not have got a look-in even 10 years ago. Automation has a lot to do with it but when skilled workers are replaced with less skilled workers, there's bound to be trouble.

The first plane I ever flew in, the pilot's name as Pontius, it had an outside toilet and the dials were all in Roman numerals!🤫 No rubber tyred wheels, just recycled cartwheels, the stewardess said 'the parachutes are a bit old, so if you need to jump out, do not open them until you're ten feet from the ground'!🤔 I said 'what if they don't open at all, then what'? She replied' well, you can jump ten feet can't you'?😟download(45).jpg.fc756db19729611d1d524bc89350f0e4.jpg The plane AFTER the refurb!👍

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Mr Crabtree said:

The first plane I ever flew in, the pilot's name as Pontius, it had an outside toilet and the dials were all in Roman numerals!🤫 No rubber tyred wheels, just recycled cartwheels, the stewardess said 'the parachutes are a bit old, so if you need to jump out, do not open them until you're ten feet from the ground'!🤔 I said 'what if they don't open at all, then what'? She replied' well, you can jump ten feet can't you'?😟download(45).jpg.fc756db19729611d1d524bc89350f0e4.jpg The plane AFTER the refurb!👍

That looks like an old Fokker Trimotor. Fokker used that tail design on its scout aircraft in WWI. You'd probably be safer on board that crate than a 737 Max.

Edited by Nemuri Kyoshiro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/20/2024 at 9:09 AM, Campion said:

It's not that I feel a need for rulers. It's not a 'need', more like an observation of what human society has been like. Mostly anyway. If there are communities of true cooperation without rulers around somewhere that's great. But any community needs strength to defend itself against external invaders and internal criminals. In Haiti, if the gangs succeed in toppling the government completely then they'll turn on each other until someone comes out on top and then everyone will have to pay tribute to them. 

In our country this pattern played out all through history with the power struggle resulting in what we call the monarchy. We've evolved just a little bit since then, with political parties replacing royal houses but yeah, if we can evolve towards 'common unity' that sounds good. 

So it comes back to what I've talked about before, the spiritual work of balancing the duality of separation and wholeness; diversity and unity; fragmentation and oneness; finite and infinite; relative and absolute. As soon as I split myself off from infinity into a finite identity, I'm creating self vs other. Which naturally leads to competition & conflict, as well as competition and community. 

Hmm. I don't see why anything automatically leads to conflict. Opposites can also work well together. Just an observation.

5 hours ago, Mr Crabtree said:

My old mate was flying out from Australia in a Fokker F27 Friendship. He was a bit late arriving at the airport and ended up on the tarmac, chasing after the aircraft. The Captain noticed him and shouted from the cockpit window, 'Sorry okker, the Fokker's chokker!'

20140219_VH-FNA_Fokker_50_David_Eyre-1_jpg.jpg.7ad96ca3ef669d9f237e4cc7cdf296cf.jpg

Regarding failing parachutes, we were always told to cross our left leg over the right before hitting the ground, as it's easier to screw someone out on a right-hand thread!

• Haha 2