Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own

SuperstarNeilC

19 minutes ago, Mr Crabtree said:

Mr Giles in our street had two wooden legs, legacy of WW2, and in 1956 his house caught fire, the fire service managed to put the flames out eventually, but, poor Mr Giles was unfortunately burned to the ground! He tried to claim, but the insurance company said he hadn't got a leg to stand on! He told granddad that he felt as if he'd been treated as the lowest of the low, and he'd always looked up to people in authority, especially so now!

So he ended up with his arse-on the floor? 🤣

2 hours ago, Mr Crabtree said:

I know I've said it before, but my granddad was the last person in our street to get a tv when I lived with them as a kid in the fifties, he always referred to tv as 'THE IDIOT'S LANTERN'! How very right he turned out to be, but he gave in eventually because Gran wanted to watch 'Emergency Ward 10' and the Saturday afternoon wrestling hosted by Kent Walton🫣 Kids had a Programme called 'The WoodenTops'download(20).jpg.45d256a88210cac925f272f132897c73.jpg and now most of those kids are adult 'wooden tops', with sponge brains that soak up all the tv bullshit that's beamed out at them!

Oh, shame! I loved the Woodentops as a kid. I even had my own Spotty Dog toy. He was the best. Did it knacker my brain? Who knows...

• Haha 2

On 2/15/2024 at 12:00 PM, Freaky Dragonfly said:

Wealthy African banker, family identified as victims of San Bernardino Co. helicopter crash

https://gizadeathstar.com/2024/02/a-strange-week-for-news-2-the-central-bank-exe-who-died-in-a-helicopter-crash/

Among the deceased was Herbert Wigwe, the CEO of Access Bank, one of the largest banks in Nigeria. His death was confirmed by Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, director general of the World Trade Organization and formerly Nigeria’s finance minister, in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Also onboard were Wigwe’s wife and son and a man identified by Okonjo-Iweala as Bombo Ogunbanjo, who is listed as the former chairman of Nigerian Exchange Group Plc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webtrekker said:

So he ended up with his arse-on the floor? 🤣

Scoff if you like, but that poor man's morale was lower than a shithouse on a submarine. he died of 'Duck's Disease' in the end, that came about because every time he tried to cross the road he caught his arse on the kerb, and then one fateful Friday afternoon it  became wedged on a slightly higher kerb, just as a  Midland Red 144 double decker bus {Birmingham to Worcester, calling at { Selly Oak, Longbridge, Rubery, Bromsgrove, Wychbold, Droitwich and Fernhill Heath } came around the bend! He was below the driver's field of view and the bus took him out like a light!🫣

The whole family were unlucky in some way or other, Jimmy his brother damaged his back horse riding, the doctors injected his spine with liquid Mercury in a desperate attempt to get him walking again, which did work to some extent, but on a hot day he was eight foot six tall and on a cold day two feet three and even shorter than his brother! His brother 'Rabbit Hole' { they were going to Christen him 'Warren' but his dad got pissed and couldn't remember the name they'd chosen} Anyway, Rabbit Hole's wife left him,  his kids disowned him, his caravan got towed to the tip, and then he went into hospital for a kidney transplant, not knowing that the donor was a bed wetter🤔🤭! We went to visit him and he told us all this sad stuff and then he said 'oh well, at least I've still got my own little business, so that's something at least'👍 I said that was a positive then,  and then asked him what he did as a business? He said 'Oh, I sell lucky Charms down in the market'!🫢

Edited by Mr Crabtree
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mr Crabtree said:

I see 'Dame' Esther 'Rancid' is now pushing the 'assisted suicide' agenda, faithful to the 'Elite' until the very end, apparently! 🤔Karma always gets even, no matter how long it takes! 

Didn't hear her fighting for those before her though I don't follow the rancid hag. All about her as has always been the case.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mr Crabtree said:

I see 'Dame' Esther 'Rancid' is now pushing the 'assisted suicide' agenda, faithful to the 'Elite' until the very end, apparently! 🤔Karma always gets even, no matter how long it takes! 

If she's so keen on assisted suicide, she should get on with it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Northamptonshire couple, Jose and Ted Saunders, found themselves “shocked” to be told by North Northamptonshire Council that their terraced home was being forcibly purchased to accommodate asylum seekers. The council deemed the home in Rushden, near Wellingborough, to be empty or derelict, despite the husband and wife living there. The letter confirming the move said the council had seen a “considerable increase” in the number of asylum seekers getting the right to stay in the UK.

The authority claimed it was “struggling” to find suitable accommodation for the mainly young men who are more frequently than before getting leave to remain. According to The Telegraph, it said: “The ideal long-term solution would be to provide accommodation by using empty properties which would benefit owners and the project." A senior council source said that forced purchases were being made because of the Home Office’s faster processing of asylum claims.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1867031/asylum-seekers-Northamptonshire-council

• Thanks 3

GB News Headliners

Telegraph headline

Sunak faces backlash after saying farmers work for love, not money

Lewis Schaffer - American comedian;

"They want to re-wild 20% of Wales ... They're planning to starve us. Team World want you dead."

"Why are you laughing? It's not funny."

GB News Headliners

The Metro headline

Feeling frazzled? This is the UK’s most stressful industry to work in

Simon Evans; "It's like gallows humour ... WhatsApp groups ... Then someone leaks it to the press ... People should be able to tell jokes amongst their peers. It's stressful not being able to do this."

Or words to that effect. 

On 2/14/2024 at 8:33 PM, numnuts said:

Makes me feel sad, when reading stories like this. Just look at the state of them. No love or joy in their lives. Those are very big reasons, as to why stuff like this happens.

P.S. The guy on the right reminded me of Al Pacino a bit. 🙂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-68295300

'Huddersfield: Family members jailed after abusing son's wife.'

_132651187_stevecomp.jpg.webp

They were such a quiet, churchgoing family, who'd have thought it? Seriously they must be really evil bastards to do that to another human being, they should be hung for such nasty behaviour!🤨

What the hell. The random thug just suddenly appearing torwards the end of the video was so surreal, especially when he sat on the victim's back and appeared to try and get him in a headlock. I hope he gets identified and he needs a really good hiding.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13108079/Amazon-worker-man-wheelchair-fight.html?ito=video_player_click#video

'Moment astonishing fight breaks out between Amazon worker and wheelchair-bound building manager in lobby of Notting Hill tower block.'

Edited by numnuts

Eastbourne council have cut out the  funding to the PUNCH AND JUDY show near the Wish tower slopes after 34 years of entertaining kids { and the bigger kids A.K.A. = parents } ! I suspect that the real reason is too violent for the snowflake fraternity maybe?download(23).jpg.931b55ae74324169a343af8ee8269c69.jpgThey'll be banning pet Crocodiles from the seafront next!images(5).jpg.19b2337bd98474880b14300d04f46190.jpg

Seriously though, I have signed an online petition to try and help Ray and his wife to keep going! The lady at a seaside cafe once asked me 'what would you like'? and I replied 'get me a crocodile sandwich, and make it SNAPPY'! Her husband never had a sense of humour,,  I never like it in there very much anyway and don't miss the place at all!🫢And now you can hardly see the bruise and the sight in my right eye is getting a lot better!🤨

Edited by Mr Crabtree

9 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

87 is older than the life expectancy for a british male

by 9 years

whoopi doo

they supress medical tech from us to keep to themselves to live 9 yrs longer.

and still not get close to 100

right

Edited by bamboozooka
accuracy
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bamboozooka said:

i thought they had super duper tech to live longer

Exactly. I made the very same point myself, in another thread. Most of them only seem to live to their mid-90's. Not a great return, for all of the investment. This is why they get cryo-ed. And I guess they do see it as worth it. Reason being, if they live for say 10 to 15 years longer than they would have, it means the cryo tech will be 10 to 15 years more advanced at the time of their 'death'. Could make all of the difference, between making some sort of meaningful 'return' or not. As for our Jacob, himself, dying at 87 is hardly young and life extension tech is never going to guarantee anyone makes it to any age. It just increases the odds.   

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, numnuts said:

Exactly. I made the very same point myself, in another thread. Most of them only seem to live to their mid-90's. Not a great return, for all of the investment. This is why they get cryo-ed. And I guess they do see it as worth it. Reason being, if they live for say 10 to 15 years longer than they would have, it means the cryo tech will be 10 to 15 years more advanced at the time of their 'death'. Could make all of the difference, between making some sort of meaningful 'return' or not. As for our Jacob, himself, dying at 87 is hardly young and life extension tech is never going to guarantee anyone makes it to any age. It just increases the odds.   

but we are told their tech is 100yrs ahead

so someones gotta be tellin porkies