Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own

SuperstarNeilC

30 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Sounds like an insurance job to me. Or something being covered up.

Wonder how many "essential pieces of PPE" they still had sitting around?

I'm thinking similar.

If a company serves an agenda once, it will do it again (or indefinitely).

The warehouse could have been holding stock ready to serve the next agenda.

Was there really a man arrested as announced?, or did something else set it off (loud explosions prior to the fire)?

Are there other forces at play which are not necessarily in favour of an agenda?

Just speculation but my gut feeling says that there is more to the story.

21 minutes ago, xpwales said:

I'm thinking similar.

If a company serves an agenda once, it will do it again (or indefinitely).

The warehouse could have been holding stock ready to serve the next agenda.

Was there really a man arrested as announced?, or did something else set it off (loud explosions prior to the fire)?

Are there other forces at play which are not necessarily in favour of an agenda?

Just speculation but my gut feeling says that there is more to the story.

There is so much crookedness and corruption about that it's difficult to know where to start.

Sometimes its not about 'serving the next agenda'.

Sometimes its as simple as millions of pounds of public money being wasted on stuff that was unnecessary, and the easiest way to turn 'overstock' back into 'cash' is for an 'unfortunate incident' to occur.

Someone may have been arrested, they have been paid an amount of money for this incident to occur, they may have not known what was at stake.

• Thanks 1

Digital Kill Switches: How Tyrannical Governments Stifle Political Dissent.

https://expose-news.com/2024/01/23/digital-kill-switches-how-tyrannical-governments-stifle-political-dissent/

Around the world, instances of government-imposed internet outages are on the rise. There were 182 shutdowns in 34 countries in 2021 according to Access Now, a non-governmental organization monitoring global connectivity, Numerous countries in Africa and Asia are resorting to these shutdowns as a means to regulate behaviour. Notably, India, particularly in the conflict-affected region of Jammu and Kashmir, experienced more digital blackouts than any other country last year.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 2:49 AM, Anti Facts Sir said:

"Verity Went". Truth/Objectivity Disappeared.

Strange name. Strange story.

Strange name these days, but there was a Verity in my class at secondary school and my mum had a coworker called Verity. Emily and Hannah were unusual names in my cohort but common now. Went was a common English surname 500 years ago... but no longer common in her part of the country. So...

72324cc16b75b37f4244cdfcb62d4d05

Trudeau's Orwellian Attack On Canadian Truckers Declared Unconstitutional

Wednesday, Jan 24, 2024 - 03:05 AM

Canada's Federal Court ruled on Tuesday that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's use of the Emergencies Act in 2022 to punish protesting truckers was both unreasonable and unconstitutional.

"I have concluded that the decision to issue the Proclamation does not bear the hallmarks of reasonableness — justification, transparency and intelligibility — and was not justified in relation to the relevant factual and legal constraints that were required to be taken into consideration," wrote Justice Richard G. Mosley in his ruling.

The decision follows an application for judicial review requested by the Canadian Constitution Foundation, the Canadian Civil Liberties Association, and various other applicants who cried foul over the use of emergency measures to quell Freedom Convoy protests in Ottawa, which allowed the government to freeze the bank accounts of protesters,  conscript tow truck drivers, and arrest people for participating in assemblies deemed illegal by Trudeau's government.

EMERGENCIES ACT INVOCATION DECLARED UNREASONABLE BY FEDERAL COURT!!!! pic.twitter.com/IGD6W44es2

— Christine Van Geyn (@cvangeyn) January 23, 2024

According to Mosley, Trudeau's regulations had violated Charter rights - particularly against freedom of thought, opinion and expression. The Emergencies Act order was also found to infringe on the right to security against unreasonable search and seizure.

A huge tow truck just showed up, as did more cops.

The cops that broke the windows of the RV are now searching it #cdnpolj #ottnews pic.twitter.com/jmgMQIMBSX

— Mackenzie Gray (@Gray_Mackenzie) February 18, 2022
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/trudeaus-orwellian-attack-truckers-declared-unconstitutional
  • Like 3

https://news.sky.com/story/time-to-think-the-unthinkable-and-consider-uk-conscription-says-britains-former-top-nato-commander-13056148

While the idea of conscription has been met with much hilarity and memes by GenZ who scoff at fighting for Rafiki Suank, he will not be in power when it is enforced. Starmer the Hammer will assume the role of Winston Churchill, or they will bring back the blustering bulldog, Boris! By creating the right climate for war, after a heinous surprise attack in Europe by Russia (A.I.) causing blackouts and disasters, it will be a time of scarcity, requiring sacrifice in defense of our “democratic values.” It worked during the two previous world wars, where hundreds of thousands enlisted to be cannon fodder. ‘Celebrities’ will promote grueling challenges on reality TV like SAS ‘Who Dares Wins’ and they have already brought back ‘Gladiators’ to make combat look cool. I’ve heard it suggested by Joe Public that these bone-lazy dole scroungers should be conscripted. You know, the people put out of work and business by Covid lockdowns, who have been busy virtual training at home on ‘Call of Duty.’ The same youth who complied with these bizarre ‘regulations,’ wore masks and got jabs, propose to oppose mandatory military service. Good luck with that when they tell us the “evil” Russian bogeymen are coming for ya… or China! 😆

Edited by Velma
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Velma said:

https://news.sky.com/story/time-to-think-the-unthinkable-and-consider-uk-conscription-says-britains-former-top-nato-commander-13056148

While the idea of conscription has been met with much hilarity and memes by GenZ who scoff at fighting for Rafiki Suank, he will not be in power when it is enforced. Starmer the Hammer will assume the role of Winston Churchill, or they will bring back the blustering bulldog, Boris! By creating the right climate for war, after a heinous surprise attack in Europe by Russia (A.I.) causing blackouts and disasters, it will be a time of scarcity, requiring sacrifice in defense of our “democratic values.” It worked during the two previous world wars, where hundreds of thousands enlisted to be cannon fodder. ‘Celebrities’ will promote grueling challenges on reality TV like SAS ‘Who Dares Wins’ and they have already brought back ‘Gladiators’ to make combat look cool. I’ve heard it suggested by Joe Public that these bone-lazy dole scroungers should be conscripted. You know, the people put out of work and business by Covid lockdowns, who have bee busy virtual training at home on ‘Call of Duty.’ The same youth who complied these bizarre ‘regulations,’ wore masks and got jabs, propose to oppose mandatory military service. Good luck with that when they tell us the “evil” Russian bogeymen are coming for ya… or China! 😆

I would no longer fight for this woke/lefty country.Why would i want to save pride month or anything else. Send the woketards to the front line and lets see how brave they are then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captainlove said:

I would no longer fight for this woke/lefty country.Why would i want to save pride month or anything else. Send the woketards to the front line and lets see how brave they are then.

Every group wants to send someone else; the immigrants want the EDL on the front-line! 😅

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Captainlove said:

Send the woketards to the front line and lets see how brave they are then.

I don't think it is any coincidence that the 'Support Greta' events, which are periodically laid on for our secondary school climate warriors, usually seem to occur on school days. School headmasters even encourage the kids to bunk off. As in, if they were held on weekends, then hardly any of the little troopers would be arsed to attend. Now, if we are talking about adults facing the grim realities of war, which involves a bit more than surfacing from your pit early on a Saturday morning, then I reckon that you will see most of the Woke/Pride mob running for the hills. All of that tough talk and mock bravery will just melt away. Just imagine... 😀 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Velma said:

While the idea of conscription has been met with much hilarity and memes by GenZ who scoff at fighting for Rafiki Suank, he will not be in power when it is enforced. Starmer the Hammer will assume the role of Winston Churchill, or they will bring back the blustering bulldog, Boris! By creating the right climate for war, after a heinous surprise attack in Europe by Russia (A.I.) causing blackouts and disasters, it will be a time of scarcity, requiring sacrifice in defense of our “democratic values.” It worked during the two previous world wars, where hundreds of thousands enlisted to be cannon fodder. ‘Celebrities’ will promote grueling challenges on reality TV like SAS ‘Who Dares Wins’ and they have already brought back ‘Gladiators’ to make combat look cool. I’ve heard it suggested by Joe Public that these bone-lazy dole scroungers should be conscripted. You know, the people put out of work and business by Covid lockdowns, who have been busy virtual training at home on ‘Call of Duty.’ The same youth who complied with these bizarre ‘regulations,’ wore masks and got jabs, propose to oppose mandatory military service. Good luck with that when they tell us the “evil” Russian bogeymen are coming for ya… or China! 😆

Agreed with most of that. However if you want to start blaming the younger generation for that I think that is inaccurate. Was the older generation that was cowering behind their masks. 

Can hardly blame gen z for that. 

And there are none idle people that want something for nothing so disingenuous to assume those on the dole are those that lost their businesses during the lockdown. But I was talking to a relative sat and said exactly some of the points you suggested here to him. 

The whole anti British thing can change pretty quickly with the right climate and we saw like you said the propaganda that was used not only in the 2 wars but the lockdowns.

Edited by Fluke
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 11:36 AM, Captainlove said:

I don't blame you, it seems like it's another psyop to create cognitive and emotional dissonance, make us confused and pliable to their programming. 

We hate you stale pale natives and need to destroy your supremacist privileged culture, your institutional racism is the enemy.

We need you to be patriotic and fight for your king and country against those wicked Russian enemies over there. 

On 1/28/2024 at 11:36 AM, Captainlove said:

Sadly it would seem that many people would be far more interested in fighting for some other far flung country (Palestine, Ukraine etc) than their own.

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13032243/clapham-acid-attacker-car-woman-police-suspect-attack.html

He is still on the run this morning after he doused the mother and her children, aged 8 and 3, in chemicals. The woman and the younger child's injuries could be life-changing, Scotland Yard said. 

One horrified witness was wearing his slippers as he chased after the attacker.

He said it was the 'worst thing I've ever seen' and told Sky News: 'First a man grabbed his kid - a girl aged two or three from a white car. He threw her onto the floor - twice.'

A mother told MailOnline she dashed to save the girl - believed to be three years old -  and scooped her up from the middle of the road. 

The sickening clip shows hero passers-by trying to help the family as 'about 10 people' chase after the suspected attacker as he runs away. 

She screamed 'I can't see, I can't see' as hero passers-by rushed to her and her two young daughters' aid in the tree-lined street at 7.25pm last night. 

The mother's lips 'turned black' and her face was 'stripped off', according to a witness. She is now feared to be blind.

Surge in businesses facing “near collapse”  

Financial pain across all industry sectors as the debt storm that has been brewing for years looks to be breaking across the UK.

The final three months of 2023 saw a worrying jump in businesses facing a ‘critical’ level of financial distress, resulting in more than 47,000 companies now facing near collapse, according to new data.

Analysis by Begbies Traynor found that none of the 22 industry sectors it analysed are immune to the wave of financial pain. Meanwhile, there are serious concerns over bellwether sectors such as construction and real estate, between them representing nearly 30% of all businesses facing serious financial distress, insolvency and restructuring, the analysis revealed.

Julie Palmer, a partner at Begbies Traynor, says that over the past year companies have had to contend with high interest rates, rampant inflation, weak consumer confidence and rising and unpredictable input costs, which are now creating a perfect storm impacting every corner of the economy.

“Now that the era of cheap money is firmly a thing of the past, hundreds of thousands of businesses in the UK, which loaded up on affordable debt during those halcyon days, are now coming to terms with the added burden this will have on their finances,” Palmer says.

Historically, a large percentage of the businesses identified by Begbies Traynor’s analysis as being in urgent financial distress “will enter insolvency over the course of the next year”, the firm says.

https://www.icaew.com/insights/viewpoints-on-the-news/2024/jan-2024/surge-in-businesses-facing-near-collapse 

• Thanks 1

Comedy hypnotist overturns decades-old ban on mesmerism

Robert Temple challenged council’s interpretation of Hypnotism Act in order to allow Bolton comedy show to go on

Robyn Vinter North of England correspondent
Wed 7 Feb 2024 18.27 GMT
  •  
  •  
  •  

It was put in place more than 70 years ago to protect citizens from the “dark arts” but now an old-fashioned law banning hypnosis and mesmerism has been overturned by a comedy hypnotist – and he did it without putting anyone under.

Robert Temple was due to perform his show Red Raw, described as “improvised comedy under the influence of hypnosis”, to an audience of hundreds at Bolton’s Albert Halls this Saturday.

However, he discovered his show contravened the Hypnotism Act 1952, a historic law that prohibits public hypnosis from being performed without local authority permission, affecting “hypnotism, mesmerism and any similar act which produces induced sleep or trance” which makes someone “susceptible to suggestion or direction”.

While most councils did away with the legislation in the following decades or chose to give perfunctory approval to hypnotists, Temple found that Bolton had taken the opposite approach – imposing a “blanket ban” on hypnosis in the 1980s that remained in place, preventing him from performing in the town.

Temple said: “Most councils will put a form on their website but Bolton didn’t have one, so we got in touch to ask for it. When they came back, they said: ‘It’s a blanket ban.’”

This meant the only way his show could go on would be for Temple to put an application before the council’s licensing committee to repeal the legislation entirely.

Temple, who has been performing for 20 years, said: “I talked about my proposal and what I’m requesting them to do going forward, which is to give me permission but then, as part of that, fairly immediately look at the process so that this is not just a one-off show that will never happen again, but so that I and other hypnotists can continue to work in town.”

His four-page application was granted on Wednesday afternoon.

During the committee meeting, the Labour councillor Sean Fielding put forward a motion to repeal what he described as the “rather dated and arcane” rule.

Fielding said: “I hope that we do not have to meet to consider hypnotist acts again, and we are able to rewrite the policy.”

Fellow Labour councillor Debbie Newall seconded the motion. She said: “There’s something about this that’s really quirky and old-fashioned, isn’t it, that in 1952, hypnotism – they talk about mesmerism as well – it was almost dark arts that had to be controlled and had to be looked at very, very carefully. Whereas now hypnotism really is just part of mainstream entertainment, isn’t it?

“So I agree that, although this kind of legislation has no place in modern life, there’s something – I don’t know if perhaps it’s because I’m old – there’s something nice to see these old-fashioned laws that we used to have.”

Speaking after his historic victory, Temple, from Sunderland, said: “It’s a big day for us actually. It seems like a really small, insignificant, weird little thing in the grand scheme of things, but yeah it’s nice to have a 40-year-old rule overturned.”

Temple’s show is “basically everything that people might like about stand-up comedy, sketch comedy and improv comedy, those three genres of comedy all rolled into one, except the people in the show rather than being a cast of professional actors are just a bunch of random people from the audience who want to volunteer and explore their own imaginations on stage”.

From being what he described as a “weird, shy kid” who was not good at sport, he learned to perform magic tricks, eventually switching from a magic act to stage hypnosis, which he has performed all over the world, including in the West End in London and Las Vegas.

“Touring’s my favourite thing in the world,” he said.” I want to bring it back to a mainstream audience in the same way that it was when I started doing it 20 years ago.”

His show is touring towns and cities across the UK until the end of March.

What are the dangers of stage hypnosis?

While the attitude to hypnosis among the general public is becoming more favourable thanks to its growing use in healthcare, the number of performers is lower than it has ever been.

Most councils have no problem with stage hypnosis being performed in their towns and cities as it is considered fairly low-risk entertainment.

In 1996, the government published a review involving psychology experts and hypnotists calling for the relaxation of guidelines around hypnosis after it was found to be no more risky than other types of performance.

“So for example, they went from saying ‘you need a million pounds of public liability insurance’ to ‘you need a suitable amount of public liability insurance’,” Temple said.

The art form has not been without its controversies though.

In 1998, 24-year-old Sharon Tabarn died hours after being hypnotised by a stage hypnotist in a pub in Lancashire. An inquest found there was not enough evidence to suggest hypnosis had played a part in the death of the otherwise healthy woman, who died after choking on vomit in her sleep.

However, her mother Margaret Harper launched an unsuccessful application with the attorney general for a second inquest into the death of Tabarn, who was pulled out of the trance she had been put in by the hypnotist’s suggestion of 10,000 volts of electricity running through her body.

Harper said her daughter had a “terrible fear” of electricity after suffering an electric shock as a child so powerful it had thrown her across the room.

Temple said hypnosis should always be carried out by someone who knows what they are doing and he was in favour of regulation.

“Hypnosis is only dangerous if it’s the wrong people and it’s used in the wrong way,” he said. “I’m all for regulations, and to make sure people are insured and are high-risk assessed, have got some sort of training and do know what they’re doing.”

• Thanks 1

Landlord sentenced after allowing Albanian gangs to run cannabis operation from his properties...

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/hull-landlord-vast-income-70-9079980

Reminded me of a chat with a former Police Officer a year or two back...think I might have posted something then. He said there was a drug war brewing & a lot of immigrants were being brought in for this. The Russians run the show at the moment but the Albanians were building up to make a move.

33 minutes ago, Sit down, Waldo said:

Reminded me of a chat with a former Police Officer a year or two back...think I might have posted something then. He said there was a drug war brewing & a lot of immigrants were being brought in for this. The Russians run the show at the moment but the Albanians were building up to make a move.

i don't buy that for a second. If it was simply about drug dealers bringing in soldiers then the british state would not be aiding and abetting them. No i think there is a much grander scheme at work here where the people who REALLY run this country intend to use those migrants for something

At the very least that something is the total transformation of british society and at the more pressing end of things it could be that they are used to grow the ranks of the military to then be used for some purpose such as the policing of the british people

34 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

i don't buy that for a second. If it was simply about drug dealers bringing in soldiers then the british state would not be aiding and abetting them. No i think there is a much grander scheme at work here where the people who REALLY run this country intend to use those migrants for something

At the very least that something is the total transformation of british society and at the more pressing end of things it could be that they are used to grow the ranks of the military to then be used for some purpose such as the policing of the british people

Sorry, I didn't mean immigrants in general, I meant Albanians. I'm sure I read somewhere that almost 1% of the male population of Albania had arrived here in the space of 12 months? He said it was a poor & fairly lawless country & most of those arriving already worked for the gangs.

I agree there is something separate & much bigger building. Maybe this just suits another agenda? I don't know.