Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own

SuperstarNeilC

1 hour ago, Campion said:

Yes!  Nothing in the media is what it seems to be anymore, the boundaries between reality and fiction is being blurred ever more.  Like now you can't tell the difference between TV programmes and adverts as the programmes are filled with product placements and are like adverts for celebrity culture. The news is basically an advert for the NWO.  When I look at an internet news feed like Yahoo for instance the ads are mixed in with the news stories with the word "Ad" in feint grey font so you don't notice it if you scan quickly through the stories. You have to pay really close attention in a sceptical way to get anywhere near the truth. 

Yes I’ve noticed similar things concerning the constant push of consumerism on tv, particularly clothing-

How news correspondents, shows like Countryfile and presenters such as Chris Packham always have a different brand spanking new £400 jacket on every episode of their programs. 

Subconsciously this impacts the viewer making them feel inadequate, so to remedy they feel an urge welling up to buy new clothing to ‘look the part’ or to boost their fragile egos. 

I swear the clothing companies give their products to these presenters for free as they know it’s good advertising- being seen by millions. 

And people like Chris Packham think they’re superior to everyone for taking an extremist stance on ‘climate change’ and the environment! Don’t make me laugh, do you know how much cheap ethnic labour, materials and ‘carbon’ it takes to manufacture one of his coveted outdoor jackets? 
Hypocrite! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Don't watch TV, use websites for your favourite movies and shows (PC HDMI to TV) and avoid Adverts and News like a propaganda plague.

In fact, after a while when you by chance glimpse some normal TV, you will find it nauseating, loud and quite honestly patronising. It really is the 'Idiot Box'.

There's a reason why they call it 'Television Programming'.

As for the media making people feel self-conscious, well, I've very little sympathy, its like saying 'don't shame me', the shame and self consciousness already exist. Yes, the media exploits it but if it already exists then the problem really is already yours, it is your vanity and your shame, so deal with it and don't blame others as the cause of your shame when they mearly exploited your vanity.

It's the equivalent of blaming the mirror for making you feel ugly. Trust me, your insecurities exist no matter how much you avoid them.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Don't watch TV, use websites for your favourite movies and shows (PC HDMI to TV) and avoid Adverts and News like a propaganda plague.

In fact, after a while when you by chance glimpse some normal TV, you will find it nauseating, loud and quite honestly patronising. It really is the 'Idiot Box'.

As for the media making people feel self-conscious, well, I've very little sympathy, its like saying 'don't shame me', the shame and self consciousness already exist. Yes, the media exploits it but if it already exists then the problem really is already yours, it is your vanity and your shame, so deal with it and don't blame others as the cause of your shame when they mearly exploited your vanity.

It's the equivalent of blaming the mirror for making you feel ugly. Trust me, your insecurities exist no matter how much you avoid them.

Agreed but tv does manipulate these emotions for a desired result. 🤑

Your point being that we should just not watch tv so we can avoid blaming it for our own insecurities.

Only someone enlightened or self aware would react to it that way, and people like that probably don’t watch television anyway. 

19 hours ago, Campion said:

I know I'm a bit behind the times but it seems pretty surreal that the TV drama about the Post Office Horizon scandal has come out in the same week that it's in the news as a real story. The telly is as much virtual reality as I can take. 

It's only become a 'mainstream news story' because it featured in an ITV drama.

I've seen 'tidbits' about this in the local news in recent years.

I admit I haven't watched the TV show, or looked deeper into what this 'scandal' entailed, so don't fully know what's been going on or what is alleged.

I don't doubt that there are a number of people who have become unwittingly caught up in this, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are some 'big players' out there who have been actively defrauding the Post Office and Royal Mail for years, who are now about to be 'let off the hook', thanks to this.

5 hours ago, Nemo said:

what’s interesting is that I don’t have a tv license and so don’t watch tv or the news but whenever I stay at a hotel or holiday somewhere me and my missus are amazed at just how much propaganda and narrative pushing there is.

And as for the mirror making you ugly, again it’s surreal really. I was speaking to this female customer the other day and she was holding her head funny and I asked if she was ok. Anyway, she was just trying to hide a spot on her chin. I told her I hadn’t even noticed it until she pointed it out but trying to hide it made me question if she was ok….

Funny old world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Every news outlet went with this story (below )yesterday..

I dunno...

Obviously pretty true I suspect. But they don't mention that anything in plastic will contain plastic nanoparticles. They only scaring normies about the water...

Why?

Mr H suspects because they really REALLY want you to.go back to the flouride, hormone ridden tap water..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-12940249/Average-bottle-water-contains-240-000-pieces-cancer-causing-nanoplastics-100-times-previously-thought.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Mr H said:

I dunno...

Obviously pretty true I suspect. But they don't mention that anything in plastic will contain plastic nanoparticles. They only scaring normies about the water...

Why?

Mr H suspects because they really REALLY want you to.go back to the flouride, hormone ridden tap water..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-12940249/Average-bottle-water-contains-240-000-pieces-cancer-causing-nanoplastics-100-times-previously-thought.html

That's alright I'll ditch the Volvo for tap water. 

Oh wait. 

Water

‘Forever chemical’ in English tap water samples carcinogenic, WHO rules

Exclusive: Move to categorise PFOA as linked to cancer in humans by World Health Organization ups pressure on UK government

Fri 1 Dec 2023 06.51 EST

🥲🙏🙏🙏🙏
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mr H said:

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

58 minutes ago, Fluke said:

That's alright I'll ditch the Volvo for tap water. 

Dunno mate Volvic has a shit ton of chloride in it, like drinking swimming pool water. 

Tap water is worse though. Makes my teeth brittle and flakey. Chunks start chipping off if I drink it for a while. Feel ‘dumber’ too. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

Dunno mate Volvic has a shit ton of chloride in it, like drinking swimming pool water. 

Tap water is worse though. Makes my teeth brittle and flakey. Chunks start chipping off if I drink it for a while. Feel ‘dumber’ too. 

I can't lie volvics my favourite but might have to shop for another brand if that's the case. 

• Like 1

Hmmm I read this article. I recently spent 3 months there. To me this is quite some exaggeration. Generally because of the pandemic crime did rise a bit.....and there were couple incidents 

But crime is fixed on couple places mainly Guayaquil which has forever been gangster complete drug infested shit hole and no sane person would really go there by choice....

The vast majority of the country is super safe. Much safer than UK for example...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12946049/Lawless-Ecuador-descends-civil-war-chaos-President-orders-army-neutralise-20-drug-gangs-heavily-armed-cartel-thugs-seize-TV-parade-terrified-hostages-threaten-execute-streets-night.html

Lawless Ecuador descends into 'civil war' chaos: President orders army to 'neutralise' 20 drug gangs as heavily armed cartel thugs seize TV show, parade terrified hostages and threaten to execute ANYONE found on the streets at night

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2024 at 6:22 PM, Mr H said:

I dunno...

Why?

12 hours ago, LastOneLeftInTheCounty said:

Exactly what I was thinking too! No way are they trying to help their citizens to stay healthy. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fluke said:

I can't lie volvics my favourite but might have to shop for another brand if that's the case. 

Tesco do good water, ph is around 6.2 which is more acidic than some, but I’ve found the high ph waters from other brands like Morrisons and Aldi don’t make me feel well. They’re around 7 to 8.4 which locks out certain nutes from your body, so your body is constantly trying to adjust using your inner juices and enzymes in the process. 
This is personal though so don’t go worrying just cos of what I’ve said.

Volvo ain’t bad it’s just I can’t get over the chlorine taste! 

51 minutes ago, Freaky Dragonfly said:

Sounds unnecessary when, as the article states, they already have NHS numbers. Then there's NI numbers too, isn't it a waste of money and risk of clerical errors to create yet another unique number? 

• Like 2

Silica, a mineral commonly found in mineral water was found to reduce risk of dementia. 10 mg/day was enough to reduce oral absorption of aluminum, enhance aluminum excretion through urine and protect against aluminum-induced adverse effects

As reported by Daily Mail, professor Christopher Exley, of Keele University, led a research on how to apply this knowledge in real-life applications (4).

The study followed 15 patients with Alzheimer’s as they drank a liter silica-rich Malaysian water called ‘Spritzer’ every day for 13 weeks.

Over the course of the study, their cognitive decline came to a halt and the aluminum levels in their bodies dropped by up to 70%. Three participants even showed an improvement in their mental health.

He said: ‘There were two parts to our research. The first is that drinking silicon water does remove aluminum from the body. When you drink silicon-rich mineral water aluminium throughout the body is gathered up into the blood and then excreted through the urine. We now know we can use this silicon-rich “therapy” water to reduce aluminum.’

‘The most interesting thing was that we did see this potential relationship between the removal of aluminum and the positive improvement in cognitive function.’

‘The second part of our research was looking at the cognitive abilities of people with Alzheimer’s and whether these changed as the aluminum was reduced.’

While the mineral water studied contained 35mg of silicon per liter, it can be hard to find in North American stores. Similar available brands include ‘Volvic’ which has 20mg/liter and Fiji water, which contains 45mg/liter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Campion said:

Sounds unnecessary when, as the article states, they already have NHS numbers. Then there's NI numbers too, isn't it a waste of money and risk of clerical errors to create yet another unique number? 

The more numbers, the more separate entries on databases, the more names (even if it’s the same name) in their systems, the more movement of capital and data, the more confidence in the system. 
CONFIDENCE IN THE SYSTEM 

4 hours ago, bamboozooka said:

Silica, a mineral commonly found in mineral water was found to reduce risk of dementia. 10 mg/day was enough to reduce oral absorption of aluminum, enhance aluminum excretion through urine and protect against aluminum-induced adverse effects

As reported by Daily Mail, professor Christopher Exley, of Keele University, led a research on how to apply this knowledge in real-life applications (4).

The study followed 15 patients with Alzheimer’s as they drank a liter silica-rich Malaysian water called ‘Spritzer’ every day for 13 weeks.

Over the course of the study, their cognitive decline came to a halt and the aluminum levels in their bodies dropped by up to 70%. Three participants even showed an improvement in their mental health.

He said: ‘There were two parts to our research. The first is that drinking silicon water does remove aluminum from the body. When you drink silicon-rich mineral water aluminium throughout the body is gathered up into the blood and then excreted through the urine. We now know we can use this silicon-rich “therapy” water to reduce aluminum.’

‘The most interesting thing was that we did see this potential relationship between the removal of aluminum and the positive improvement in cognitive function.’

‘The second part of our research was looking at the cognitive abilities of people with Alzheimer’s and whether these changed as the aluminum was reduced.’

While the mineral water studied contained 35mg of silicon per liter, it can be hard to find in North American stores. Similar available brands include ‘Volvic’ which has 20mg/liter and Fiji water, which contains 45mg/liter.

Never looked at the silica levels, maybe I should

Sod the chloride I’m off to buy a pack of volvo 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Velma said:

Brooklyn Jews emerging from a sewer....I've seen it all now!

orthodox-jews-dragged-away-cuffs-7461303

This is wrong on so many levels, subterranean levels, mainly.

Ryan Upchurch has been doing some great video lately including this one where he dismisses the cover story;

On 1/9/2024 at 3:33 PM, numnuts said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12942517/Rylan-Clark-reveals-ATTACKED-bat-home-months-Essex-mansion-invaded-two-grass-snakes-pheasant.html

'Rylan Clark reveals he has been ATTACKED by a bat at his home - months after his Essex mansion was invaded by two grass snakes and a pheasant.'

79791327-0-image-a-156_1704798767037.jpg

79791351-0-image-a-160_1704798843930.jpg

Just in time for the new bat variant, along comes the bloke with a piano in his mouth who I'd mercifully forgotten existed until just now. 

Expect more bat drama over the coming days. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Saved said:

Just in time for the new bat variant, along comes the bloke with a piano in his mouth who I'd mercifully forgotten existed until just now. Expect more bat drama over the coming days. 

That's why I found the story a bit odd. 😀

On 1/9/2024 at 6:22 PM, Mr H said:

I dunno...

Why?

It might also be what they blame some of the turbo cancer deaths/rates on. As you say, the fact this story was so promoted says there is an ulterior motive to do so. 

• Like 1