Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own

SuperstarNeilC

METAVERSE VIRTUAL REALITY GANG RAPE

16-year-old girls virtual avatar gang-raped in metaverse, UK police begins probe

Though the investigation has faced backlash as many have questioned if the police should spend their limited time and resources in probing metaverse crimes.

Metaverse, which is considered to be the next big thing is already under a lot of scrutiny due to safety and privacy concerns as UK police registered and began investigating the first reported gand rape case in Metaverse. First reported by Dailymail, the virtual avatar of a 16-year-old girl (minor) was gang raped by a group of online strangers.

The report highlights that the child was ‘attacked’ in the virtual Metaverse, and she did not incur any injuries, as there was no physical contact. 

According to an unnamed senior officer familiar with the matter who spoke to the paper the victim, under 16 at the time, suffered psychological trauma "similar to that of someone who has been physically raped".

But in criminal law, rape and sexual assault require there to have been physical contact.

Crimes in the Metaverse are not just limited to sexual abuse, there are also several reports of virtual robbery, identity theft, and ransom attacks.

It is not the first time that concerns about sexually motivated attacks in the metaverse have been raised.

In 2022, researcher Nina Jane Patel revealed she was abused in a virtual world operated by Meta called Horizon Venues (now part of Horizon Worlds), likening it to sexual assault.

Recalling the experience, Ms Patel told the same programme that she was "surrounded by three to four male-sounding and male-representing avatars, who started sexually harassing me in a verbal sense and then sexually assaulting my avatar".

She said they had used misogynistic language and "continued to touch my avatar in a way that can only be described as a sexual assault of my avatar".

Ms Patel added she was worried that, in the future, technology might allow someone to physically feel such virtual assaults.

The National Crime Agency has previously warned that police will need to be ready to deal with virtual sexual assaults in the future.

Edited by Nemo
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Fk me I think I seen it all now...

Time for me to go back into isolation. This a freak clown world....

Maybe sort out housing problems for homeless or those that can't even afford a home before this silly nonsense

🤡

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12929753/The-new-wave-LGBTQ-housing-coming-UK-supporters-say-helps-marginalised-people-critics-believe-just-virtue-signalling.html

"Revealed: The new wave of LGBTQ+ only housing coming to the UK"

1 hour ago, Mr H said:

Fk me I think I seen it all now...

Time for me to go back into isolation. This a freak clown world....

Maybe sort out housing problems for homeless or those that can't even afford a home before this silly nonsense

🤡

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12929753/The-new-wave-LGBTQ-housing-coming-UK-supporters-say-helps-marginalised-people-critics-believe-just-virtue-signalling.html

"Revealed: The new wave of LGBTQ+ only housing coming to the UK"

as long as they paint em all pink.

id give the police pink uniforms and cars

and the military rainbow camo

On 1/3/2024 at 12:23 PM, Nemo said:

METAVERSE VIRTUAL REALITY GANG RAPE

16-year-old girls virtual avatar gang-raped in metaverse, UK police begins probe

Though the investigation has faced backlash as many have questioned if the police should spend their limited time and resources in probing metaverse crimes.

Metaverse, which is considered to be the next big thing is already under a lot of scrutiny due to safety and privacy concerns as UK police registered and began investigating the first reported gand rape case in Metaverse. First reported by Dailymail, the virtual avatar of a 16-year-old girl (minor) was gang raped by a group of online strangers.

The report highlights that the child was ‘attacked’ in the virtual Metaverse, and she did not incur any injuries, as there was no physical contact. 

According to an unnamed senior officer familiar with the matter who spoke to the paper the victim, under 16 at the time, suffered psychological trauma "similar to that of someone who has been physically raped".

But in criminal law, rape and sexual assault require there to have been physical contact.

Crimes in the Metaverse are not just limited to sexual abuse, there are also several reports of virtual robbery, identity theft, and ransom attacks.

It is not the first time that concerns about sexually motivated attacks in the metaverse have been raised.

In 2022, researcher Nina Jane Patel revealed she was abused in a virtual world operated by Meta called Horizon Venues (now part of Horizon Worlds), likening it to sexual assault.

Recalling the experience, Ms Patel told the same programme that she was "surrounded by three to four male-sounding and male-representing avatars, who started sexually harassing me in a verbal sense and then sexually assaulting my avatar".

She said they had used misogynistic language and "continued to touch my avatar in a way that can only be described as a sexual assault of my avatar".

Ms Patel added she was worried that, in the future, technology might allow someone to physically feel such virtual assaults.

The National Crime Agency has previously warned that police will need to be ready to deal with virtual sexual assaults in the future.

This is a very interesting story, and probably deserves a thread of its own for further discussion.

Not wanting to downplay or belittle the experience, but if this only happened in a 'virtual environment', and the 'victim' was not actually physically harmed, then the big question is "has a crime actually taken place"?

Or certainly, is this something that the "real life" police should be investigating?

Should the onus be on the operators/providers of these virtual environments?

The other question of course is where does this ultimately lead?

We already have the police 'investigating tweets' and other social media posts, will this also be extended to encounters in multiplayer online games?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its the age of virtual crimes.

What I find interesting was that the police stated that the victim experienced trauma similar to other rape victims.

Personally, I'd have just turned off the game and complained, why experience it when you didn't actually have to? So I'm not sure how factual this really is, especially when there's always their agenda.

Edited by Nemo
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Nemo said:

What I find interesting was that the police stated that the victim experienced trauma similar to other rape victims.

elon musk wants to link people upto the artificial intelligence that will run the smart grid by wiring their brains up to become 'smart' so that the AI can communicate wirelessly with their brain.

he argues people are already cyborgs because they are so absorbed with their smart phones and who could argue that people are not ADDICTED to that technology?

More and more people are becoming 'autistic' and it may be the case that it is all engineered to prepare people for that transhumanistic merger with the smart grid where they may enter into a completely fake reality.

It might begin with 'augmented reality' and then develop into a fully submersive experience such as the 'metaverse'. If the woman is traumatised by the rape of her avatar that already shows a level of emotional investment in their digital identity which clearly shows that she is already on the path to full submersion in the fake reality. Sad

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

It might begin with 'augmented reality' and then develop into a fully submersive experience such as the 'metaverse'. If the woman is traumatised by the rape of her avatar that already shows a level of emotional investment in their digital identity which clearly shows that she is already on the path to full submersion in the fake reality. Sad

Mark-Zuckerberg-Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

elon musk wants to link people upto the artificial intelligence that will run the smart grid by wiring their brains up to become 'smart' so that the AI can communicate wirelessly with their brain.

he argues people are already cyborgs because they are so absorbed with their smart phones and who could argue that people are not ADDICTED to that technology?

More and more people are becoming 'autistic' and it may be the case that it is all engineered to prepare people for that transhumanistic merger with the smart grid where they may enter into a completely fake reality.

Autism doe remind me  of  Huxley's brave new world and it has shot through the roof it seems at same time vaccination rates have .smart phones too seem to alter way people think so does look like it's crafted this way 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Talorgan said:

Autism doe remind me  of  Huxley's brave new world and it has shot through the roof it seems at same time vaccination rates have .smart phones too seem to alter way people think so does look like it's crafted this way 

of course it is.....that's why we have to be an abheration as david says

they are re-engineering us....rewiring our brains and their reward centres. I don't know if people here think i'm a kook for saying things like 'boycott all smart tech' but i'm saying it because i understand the agenda that is being rolled out here

Sean Parker - Facebook Exploits Human Vulnerability (We Are Dopamine Addicts)

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

of course it is.....that's why we have to be an abheration as david says

they are re-engineering us....rewiring our brains and their reward centres. I don't know if people here think i'm a kook for saying things like 'boycott all smart tech' but i'm saying it because i understand the agenda that is being rolled out here

Sean Parker - Facebook Exploits Human Vulnerability (We Are Dopamine Addicts)

I agree getting grounded in nature is good antidote these days its frequency tempo etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Talorgan said:

I agree getting grounded in nature is good antidote these days its frequency tempo etc

absolutely which is why the cabal are trying to kettle us into '15 minute cities' which are smart grid ghettos where people will be bombarded 24/7 with 5G wifi radiation

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Macnamara said:

Many years ago, I played in some 'massively multiplayer online role-playing games' (MMORPGs)

I was 'killed' so many times, yet I never felt the need to get the 'real-life' police involved.

I once played 'Train Simulator', and in a fit of boredom, caused a train travelling at high-speed to derail and plunge off a cliff into the sea. I never faced any criminal proceedings for this. Because outside the boundaries of the game I was playing, it 'never happened'.

Video-games and other 'virtual environments' are meant to be a form of 'escapism' - they have their own gameplay rules which players should follow, but at the end of the day, no participant is being physically harmed, and nothing is being physically damaged.

If you don't like what happens to you in a 'virtual world', then stop participating in it.

There's a dangerous precedent being set here, where a 'virtual' world crosses over into the legality of the 'real world'.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

If you don't like what happens to you in a 'virtual world', then stop participating in it.

There's a dangerous precedent being set here, where a 'virtual' world crosses over into the legality of the 'real world'.

yes i totally agree with you so we have to wonder WHY they are trying to set that precedent....

they are trying to build a new world and they want to nudge people into that new virtual construct

personally i see it as a form of euthanasia because if you put all your energy and focus into that fake world you are not paying attention to what is being done to you in this world and a person who is completely engrossed in that world will not be looking after themself in this world

The cabal on the other hand will be using that chance to take everything

• Like 2

David uses the term 'technologically based sub reality' to describe what they could plug people into and this film 'the congress' has some interesting themes in it relating to that (make sure you get the right film as i think there are others with that title!)

The Congress Official US Release Trailer (2014) - Robin Wright Fantasy Movie HD

2 hours ago, Macnamara said:

yes i totally agree with you so we have to wonder WHY they are trying to set that precedent....

they are trying to build a new world and they want to nudge people into that new virtual construct

personally i see it as a form of euthanasia because if you put all your energy and focus into that fake world you are not paying attention to what is being done to you in this world and a person who is completely engrossed in that world will not be looking after themself in this world

The cabal on the other hand will be using that chance to take everything

I know I'm a bit behind the times but it seems pretty surreal that the TV drama about the Post Office Horizon scandal has come out in the same week that it's in the news as a real story. The telly is as much virtual reality as I can take. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

This is a very interesting story, and probably deserves a thread of its own for further discussion.

Not wanting to downplay or belittle the experience, but if this only happened in a 'virtual environment', and the 'victim' was not actually physically harmed, then the big question is "has a crime actually taken place"?

Or certainly, is this something that the "real life" police should be investigating?

Should the onus be on the operators/providers of these virtual environments?

The other question of course is where does this ultimately lead?

We already have the police 'investigating tweets' and other social media posts, will this also be extended to encounters in multiplayer online games?

Apparently FIFA are going to investigate the period in the 90s when I took a rubbish Manchester City team to the PC Championship Manager league title and won the FA Cup as well.  Retrospective punishment is a possibility.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Campion said:

I know I'm a bit behind the times but it seems pretty surreal that the TV drama about the Post Office Horizon scandal has come out in the same week that it's in the news as a real story. The telly is as much virtual reality as I can take. 

Thanks for making this point Campion. Something niggles me every time I see the post office scandal lately. Something else aside from the original 'outrage'.

At first I had to try and look into it myself, many years ago. When was that? Now it's all over the news. Rishi Sunak is also on the news moving his hands and shoulders in that weird way, as he talks 'passionately' about it. On the one hand I'm pleased to see a drama / documentary, it looks good. On the other hand I'm almost wondering why now? And who arranged that? And who was the "one journalist" that started the investigation. And is it also about creating more compensation culture. And who ultimately pays for that in the end? And in general what has happened to the post office? First it was being destroyed. Now it's providing bank services while the high street banks are deleted. 

I really was so sorry to see what happened to the post masters. What a stitch up. It's been building for such a long time that there's a lot to look into.

I caught some of the ITV drama and heard a line about being up against the g'ment, or words to that effect. I'll have to get round to watching it all.

So many questions.

I notice the director was was BAFTA-nominated for Best Director Fiction 2015 😉 

By the way, I also notice that even what appears to be justice seems to be used to screw us over in other ways, nowadays! Some things feel tainted / off balance and smell of rats 😃 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Observations said:

By the way, I also notice that even what appears to be justice seems to be used to screw us over in other ways, nowadays! Some things feel tainted / off balance and smell of rats 😃 

Yes!  Nothing in the media is what it seems to be anymore, the boundaries between reality and fiction is being blurred ever more.  Like now you can't tell the difference between TV programmes and adverts as the programmes are filled with product placements and are like adverts for celebrity culture. The news is basically an advert for the NWO.  When I look at an internet news feed like Yahoo for instance the ads are mixed in with the news stories with the word "Ad" in feint grey font so you don't notice it if you scan quickly through the stories. You have to pay really close attention in a sceptical way to get anywhere near the truth. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Apparently FIFA are going to investigate the period in the 90s when I took a rubbish Manchester City team to the PC Championship Manager league title and won the FA Cup as well.  Retrospective punishment is a possibility.

I shudder to think what sentence I will be given when all my crimes committed on GTA come to light.

I remember on one occasion I robbed a bank, killed about 30 cops and then ran over loads of people to ensure I escaped. 

I’m sure I also stole a tank once and blew up everything in sight. Might get away with that one though.

• Haha 4