Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own

SuperstarNeilC

On 9/11/2023 at 8:17 PM, alexa said:

Have people forgotten what date it is ?

I was beginning to think that too. I suppose 'it' has had a 20 year cycle. Barely a mention in the media, but I think that also happened since the introduction the Convid era. 

I saw a couple of 11's though - the girl in the dog story, and the release date of Tom Cruise's Heart of Stone, on the side of a few buses. 

I've seen quite a few X's in the news this last week. 

The dog story mentions XL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexa said:

Remember Spontaneous Human Combustion ?https://www.reddit.com/r/MysteriousFacts/comments/15pcinr/the_mystery_of_spontaneous_human_combustion_how/?rdt=64817

Now watch this short video about Patents :classic_ohmy: she talks rather quick but stay with it.

https://153news.net/watch_video.php?v=38DXSMM7OBSW

Thanks alexa

We learnt about 'SHC' in school, I never forgot it ...

In the reddit comments I saw a link to a BBC article from 2011 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15032614

'First Irish case' of death by spontaneous combustion

A man who burned to death died as a result of spontaneous combustion, an Irish coroner has ruled.

West Galway coroner Dr Ciaran McLoughlin said it was the first time in 25 years of investigating deaths that he had recorded such a verdict.

An inquest on heard how investigators had been baffled ( 😉as to the cause of Mr Faherty's death at his home at Clareview Park, Ballybane.

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

I'd never heard of it until we read Bleak House at school. Krook, the drunken old illiterate who kept a boarding house, died of SHC. So it was known about in Dickens' day.

I keep forgetting about it in a way, but I find it very interesting. I often wonder what lesson / subject introduced me to that and why? Who was the teacher? How many kids of my age learnt about that? And so on. 

I really like that you say it was in Bleak House. Absolutely fascinating. 

I also like the mystery and unanswered questions. 😃 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Observations said:

I keep forgetting about it in a way, but I find it very interesting. I often wonder what lesson / subject introduced me to that and why? Who was the teacher? How many kids of my age learnt about that? And so on. 

I really like that you say it was in Bleak House. Absolutely fascinating. 

I also like the mystery and unanswered questions. 😃 

My Lady is really into Victorian life. Especially crimes and death photography. She said it is mentioned loads in victorian times. If she has time and anyone is interested, ill ask her to look some up,.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bombadil said:

My Lady is really into Victorian life. Especially crimes and death photography. She said it is mentioned loads in victorian times. If she has time and anyone is interested, ill ask her to look some up,.

I might take you up on that offer mate. Is she into Victorian nurses uniform by any chance 😉. Joke.  On a serious note I'll try and find the case I was referring to.

Edited by Fluke
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

https://www.paranormaldatabase.com/reports/shcdata.php

This has a few cases. I remember reading one from a paranormal book I was reading and the reason why one stuck out was because it was a 15 minute walk from where I live bloke burned to death it was in the late 1800s.

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

I might take you up on that offer mate. Is she into Victorian nurses uniform by any chance 😉. Joke.  On a serious note I'll try and find the case I was referring to.

I have this site saved. Really well done.

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2023 at 9:57 PM, alexa said:

Yes I've noticed this in the dog stories, what that all about ? I thought XL was a size in clothing.

In the 70's they blamed Dobermans

In the 80's they blamed German Shepherds

In the 90's they blamed Rottweilers

In the 00's they blamed Staffordshire Bull Terriers

Now it's the XL Bully

These are dogs that will faithfully protect their owners, they can't have that!

• Like 2

On 9/5/2023 at 3:48 PM, Sit down, Waldo said:

One in five children regularly misses school, figures show

Wonder what the real figure is?

Someone I know had 2 teenage boys that stopped going to school & became 'home schooled'. Parent found a local FB group. Turned out there was a lot being 'home schooled' & it covered quite a small area. They've now in their 20s, never had a job, no qualifications, never leave the house.

More importantly I'm led to believe they have little / no social skills. School is more than just lessons.

Parent also has a young daughter. Never went to nursery, never been to school...

I don't believe the figures given out.

This is a time bomb imo.

Schools = Factories for churning out wage slaves = 'ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL' brickone.jpg.ccab0d4095c1a55eccf68e9c292233c9.jpgbrick3.jpg.41fd275e5a4f7c9fffc5a496e9bc207c.jpgbrick2.jpg.c229c84dce89261f65b1429e104c8065.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 11:10 PM, webtrekker said:

Just wait until you see the American Bully XXXL!

They are crossbreeding these now, they will give your ankles a pleasant smelling suck,brick5.jpg.219373443ed925feaeeb84e1b7a6a86d.jpgbrick4.jpg.9acdccc1b78f965b41ec006abef84f2c.jpg

I remember as a kid visiting Dudley Zoo in the Midlands, and some prat thought it would be clever to throw a penguin into the lion enclosure, luckily, the lions couldn't get the foil wrapper off! 😉  Blimey, less than a week later the SAS stormed the zoo, killed all the Gorillas and rescued the Ostriches!🫢

Edited by Mr Crabtree
  • Haha 3

Conspiracy loons proved right again….

’Regulators in Germany and Belgium are set to review potential health risks linked to Apple's iPhone 12, two days after France banned device sales over radiation fears’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-12518273/Now-Germany-Belgium-looking-BAN-Apples-iPhone-12-fears-radiation-damage-peoples-health.html

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2023 at 11:59 AM, Velma said:

In the 70's they blamed Dobermans

In the 80's they blamed German Shepherds

In the 90's they blamed Rottweilers

In the 00's they blamed Staffordshire Bull Terriers

Now it's the XL Bully

These are dogs that will faithfully protect their owners, they can't have that!

Now another one....bloke killed after 2 dogs attack him.

This is all very coincidental. But maybe it's to do with all UK pets/animals having to be "chipped" - something with the tech is triggering a sort of kill-switch that turns them violent? Otherwise it's the usual P R S driven by an agenda....again.

• Like 2