Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own

SuperstarNeilC

1 hour ago, Talorgan said:

We had a teacher that was so tormented by his experience that he sometimes flung his blackboard rubbing out thing across the room which was bit disconcerting! Or any inanimate object which I suppose was a physics and psychology lesson in a french lesson by an Italian teacher .( Secret was to not say anything and leave as soon as possible!)

So I suppose all cultures have individuals affected by their life experiences 

Our old woodwork teacher was a similar character, during the woodwork class he'd lock one of the two doors in the woodwork room { one led out to the quadrangle, the other to the corridor} and when the bell went we'd all make a dash for the doors! The last one out had the board rubber thrown at them, there was a mad scramble for one or other of the doors in the hope that you'd chosen the unlocked one!🤔 I wasn't the sharpest tool in the box but soon figured out a plan, I'd just watch which door was opened first and run across to it whilst there were always a few at the locked door panicking because they'd chosen the wrong door, this ensured that I was never the last one out!🤫 He was a good woodwork teacher was Mr Gee, but he missed out on a great career as a fast bowler for England's cricket team! All this was from 1959 to 1963 in secondary modern school, with health and safety rules now, it wouldn't happen today of course! He died at the age of forty nine with a brain tumour, I don't know if that had any bearing on his actions?🫣

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bamboozooka said:

wilko was my fave high street shop, i used regularly.

ideal world tv shopping channel went bust 2 months ago

Wilko was one of my favorite too, I'v bought loads form there in the past, I will be sad to see it go.

5 hours ago, Bombadil said:

B & M most likely because it’s pilled high with cheap crap to eat and drink. 

Yep - Along side with with their cheap crap of everything else. I detest the place as much as I do Tesco too.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, alexa said:

Wilko was one of my favorite too, I'v bought loads form there in the past, I will be sad to see it go.

Yep - Along side with with their cheap crap of everything else. I detest the place as much as I do Tesco too.

Totally. Fake toys and crappy garden furniture. Ok if you want to use a chair once then re buy.

4 hours ago, Bombadil said:

Totally. Fake toys and crappy garden furniture. Ok if you want to use a chair once then re buy.

I once bought a twenty foot ladder from them, it was reduced by a whopping 50%, I though 'bargain or what'? when it was delivered it was only ten feet long!🤔

I once bought a decent camera from Dixons at a massive discount, my wife was telling our son on the phone about it she said she couldn't remember the price then she said 'I'll ask your dad, Oi, dopey, what did we get that camera for? can you remember'? 🤨 I said 'Yes, I might be dopey but I do remember what we got it for'! She said 'well, what did we buy it for in the end'? I said 'to take photos with wasn't it'?😛🫢

Edited by Mr Crabtree
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, northern star said:

Why do these women all look identical? Every single one with a blonde pony tail. Are they produced in a factory? Something very strange going on, and lets face it, no diversity whatsoever, when its everywhere else. Male football teams dont look identical.

_130822185_express_page-0001.jpg.webp.8adf352ade627a6a9f90c02bdfc5e691.webp

To me half of them look like Tran's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, northern star said:

Why do these women all look identical? Every single one with a blonde pony tail. Are they produced in a factory? Something very strange going on, and lets face it, no diversity whatsoever, when its everywhere else. Male football teams dont look identical.

They have tried to diversify the womens England team, but this one gets better results, and that shouldn't be an issue as this is England, and that's what I expect a lot of North Western Europeans to look like. A lot of blondes are fake blondes too.

Edit: Elites probably feel like they don't need to push different races in the womens England team so much too, as they can push diversity with feminism because female footballers are the minority.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, northern star said:

The oddest thing about that photo is the black player Jes Carter is not in it. She's been the outstanding player in this tournament. Why isn't she there?

TBH, you can't play football with long hair getting in your face. When these players are off-field, they don't look similar at all...different hair styles, clothing choices, facially they're not much the same at all. At least 2 of this squad are very masculine and I wouldn't be surprised if they are trans or indeterminate gender. Many are openly lesbian. 

The least "diverse" team in the tournmanent would have to be Sweden.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

They have tried to diversify the womens England team, but this one gets better results, and that shouldn't be an issue as this is England, and that's what I expect a lot of North Western Europeans to look like. A lot of blondes are fake blondes too.

Edit: Elites probably feel like they don't need to push different races in the womens England team so much too, as they can push diversity with feminism because female footballers are the minority.

Yeah, there have been a lot of black and mixed-race players pushed into the team by previous coaches but this Dutch women isn't bothered by all the crap (maybe cos she keeps winning, they allow it) and there are currently just the two black players, the one who stamped on someone and got banned and Jes Carter, who has been brilliant.

Enig's right, not all blondes here...but a lot of ones who are more masculine than feminine. That goes for any national team though.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2023 at 8:48 AM, Mr Crabtree said:

Our old woodwork teacher was a similar character, during the woodwork class he'd lock one of the two doors in the woodwork room { one led out to the quadrangle, the other to the corridor} and when the bell went we'd all make a dash for the doors! The last one out had the board rubber thrown at them, there was a mad scramble for one or other of the doors in the hope that you'd chosen the unlocked one!🤔 I wasn't the sharpest tool in the box but soon figured out a plan, I'd just watch which door was opened first and run across to it whilst there were always a few at the locked door panicking because they'd chosen the wrong door, this ensured that I was never the last one out!🤫 He was a good woodwork teacher was Mr Gee, but he missed out on a great career as a fast bowler for England's cricket team! All this was from 1959 to 1963 in secondary modern school, with health and safety rules now, it wouldn't happen today of course! He died at the age of forty nine with a brain tumour, I don't know if that had any bearing on his actions?🫣

That reminds me of my maths teacher (Captain Mannering - really). We were the bottom set and were having trouble working out an equation which involved rugby - t tries of which g were converted to goals - he decided it wasn't our total lack of mathematical ability but because we didn't understand rugby. So he demonstrated ... took the board rubber and ran with it to the back of the room and pretended to dig a hole in the floor with his heel - that's a try. Put board rubber end down on the floor and kicked it - GOAL! - board rubber hits board at far end of room - chalk dust everywhere - kids evacuate. Best lesson ever!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Yeah, there have been a lot of black and mixed-race players pushed into the team by previous coaches but this Dutch women isn't bothered by all the crap (maybe cos she keeps winning, they allow it) and there are currently just the two black players, the one who stamped on someone and got banned and Jes Carter, who has been brilliant.

Enig's right, not all blondes here...but a lot of ones who are more masculine than feminine. That goes for any national team though.

Ah yeah jes carter! My builder mate Phil has got a shirt with her name on the back. 

I was tempted to go the pub to watch it the other day but the pubs round here have full up and I was worried it was going to "kick off".

The other problem with this post-match celebration pic that's everywhere today is that you get the pathetic attempts by 3rd-choice goalkeepers and ones who never get onto the pitch during games making sure they're right at the front and centre of these photos. Same happened on the podium at Euro 2022. The biggest moment in British tournament football since '66 and you've got those same hangers-on with their hands on the trophy at the front.

Photographers/media should tell them to piss off and ask for the actual team who won the match/tournament to be the most prominent. Carter ain't even in any of the photos, and the girl who scored the blinder to go 1-0 up barely squeezes herself into shot.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

The oddest thing about that photo is the black player Jes Carter is not in it. She's been the outstanding player in this tournament. Why isn't she there?

that is weird

the players who achieved the win should be the ones credited regardless of skin colour

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

True. Must be hard to be a tomboy without people thinking you're trans or something these days. Saying that, it's obviously a lot worse for young kids as they might get pressured into transitioning.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

True. Must be hard to be a tomboy without people thinking you're trans or something these days. Saying that, it's obviously a lot worse for young kids as they might get pressured into transitioning.

I always think back to the little sis of a school friend of mine who always wanted to join in with us at games and sports. And she could....and was pretty decent at the football and cricket. But she was still obviously girlie, god knows what they try and do to kids like her these days.

It's also not quite fair to judge how "attractive" and "feminine" these footballers are from how they look out on the pitch. A lot of them seem quite good role models for normal girls who'd like to play sport and show what they can do. My worry is that will be skewed and perverted and used to pressure more of this gender transitioning crap.

• Like 1

Trans row over Celebrity Masterchef contestant Cheryl Hole's previous use of the term 'terf' before her appearance on the show

image_2023-08-18_065549917.png.4c75ba611a08900b79671761598e16ff.png

Cheryl Hole, 29, (pictured) featured in the debut series of RuPaul's Drag Race UK in 2019 and took part in this week's episode of the cooking show where she was eliminated. It has been revealed that Hole, whose real name is Luke Underwood-Bleach, previously used the term 'terf', meaning trans-exclusionary radical feminist - considered as a slur against those with gender-critical views. She also performed to an audience including children at Dorset's Camp Bestival in 2021. The BBC has now been slammed for the star's 'completely inappropriate' appearance on MasterChef, which is a favourite for many families.

8 hours ago, alexa said:

Trans row over Celebrity Masterchef contestant Cheryl Hole's previous use of the term 'terf' before her appearance on the show

Cheryl Hole, 29, (pictured) featured in the debut series of RuPaul's Drag Race UK in 2019 and took part in this week's episode of the cooking show where she was eliminated. It has been revealed that Hole, whose real name is Luke Underwood-Bleach, previously used the term 'terf', meaning trans-exclusionary radical feminist - considered as a slur against those with gender-critical views. She also performed to an audience including children at Dorset's Camp Bestival in 2021. The BBC has now been slammed for the star's 'completely inappropriate' appearance on MasterChef, which is a favourite for many families.

You'd have thought it could have done something about its face before appearing in public. That would give someone with a clown phobia nightmares

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, alexa said:

Ah just another normal day on the BBC.

If you are unlucky enough to catch their between-programmes adverts, it's an absolute overload of woke rainbow BLM weirdo garbage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, k_j_evans said:

You'd have thought it could have done something about its face before appearing in public. That would give someone with a clown phobia nightmares

I know, IT was the first to leave & I was so glad, I only watched it b/c that opera singer from the advert 'Go Compare' was on & he's from my home town & a bloomin good cook so far. 😅

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alexa said:

borrowed tony blairs demonic eyebrows

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Observations said:

Lucy Letby

"33 years old"

"Experts"

"Always denied involvement, but the evidence"

"11 families"

"It's been hell"

"Lessons will be learnt"

"In our hearts"

Also 

"It's horrific to think of it 'cause you wouldn't think anyone would be capable of that"

Its another story that just came out of nowhere and is suddenly all over the mainstream media.

• Thanks 1