Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own

SuperstarNeilC

King James Bible
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

The gospel according to St Marked... Row erupts over unconventional Reverend at Canterbury Cathedral slammed as 'vain' for her tattoos but church hits back saying it is 'saddened' at the abuse she's received

The gospel according to St Marked... Row erupts over unconventional Reverend trolled for

With her unconventional appearance, Reverend Wendy Dalrymple (left)was bound to take the traditional world of the church by surprise.  But Canterbury Cathedral's (right) newly-appointed cleric has had to brave a slew of abuse after online trolls attacked her for her heavily tattooed arms.  Ms Dalrymple has become the subject of a Twitter storm as critics accused her of being 'prideful' and 'vain'. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 6:24 AM, alexa said:

King James Bible
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

The gospel according to St Marked... Row erupts over unconventional Reverend at Canterbury Cathedral slammed as 'vain' for her tattoos but church hits back saying it is 'saddened' at the abuse she's received

The gospel according to St Marked... Row erupts over unconventional Reverend trolled for

With her unconventional appearance, Reverend Wendy Dalrymple (left)was bound to take the traditional world of the church by surprise.  But Canterbury Cathedral's (right) newly-appointed cleric has had to brave a slew of abuse after online trolls attacked her for her heavily tattooed arms.  Ms Dalrymple has become the subject of a Twitter storm as critics accused her of being 'prideful' and 'vain'. 

she obviously IS vain because she is wearing a cut down sleeve top to show off her tats. She's wearing her individuality on her sleeve so to speak.

But is her job to sell her self image or is it to preach the word of spirit?

I really wouldn't be surprised if she was another woke social justice warrior making the long march through the institutions to take over the christian church in order to subvert it from within. IMO anglicanism is absolutely full of freemasons which is to say ceremonial magicians. Of course some people could argue that church priests are also carrying out ceremonial rituals but what it really boils down to is the aimed for outcome

is the purpose of the church to be a weather vane that bends itself to suit the woke dictats of the day or is it a signpost to always point towards certain moral truths?

Is she going to point to moral truths like that canadian pastor who is currently being persecuted or is she going to be a woke weathervane seeking to change the church to accommodate whatever the latest degeneracy is coming out of the woke movement? I know what i'd put my money on

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Macnamara said:

is the purpose of the church to be a weather vane that bends itself to suit the woke dictats of the day or is it a signpost to always point towards certain moral truths?

The C of E is of course an integral part of the British state, even more so a top cathedral like Canterbury, so no surprise that the church and the state are in lockstep. However, the demographic which wokeness appeals to, the left-liberal middle class natives, are also the fastest declining due to its low fertility rate. Do the beneficiaries of the mass immigration policy who have demographic growth, follow cultural marxism and flock to the Anglican church? No, we all know the church is on the way out. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Campion said:

The C of E is of course an integral part of the British state, even more so a top cathedral like Canterbury, so no surprise that the church and the state are in lockstep. However, the demographic which wokeness appeals to, the left-liberal middle class natives, are also the fastest declining due to its low fertility rate. Do the beneficiaries of the mass immigration policy who have demographic growth, follow cultural marxism and flock to the Anglican church? No, we all know the church is on the way out. 

the left-liberal middle class are just expendable tinder to the globalist cabal. They are useful idots helping to shoe-horn society into the technocratic gulag

the cabal wants the church gone. It wants to be able to wear its sabbatean occultism openly and to impose the noahide laws on the masses so that they can behead anyone that demurs

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2023 at 2:23 PM, Nemo said:

A Little Gem from the non-partisan BBC. Pay your licences people...

bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/X56rQkDgd0qqB7R68t6t7C/seven-things-you-need-to-know-about-antifa

Screenshot_20230721-141648_kindlephoto-340133658.png.868f3f574a0048188b098a47d63493c3.png

Screenshot_20230721-141709_kindlephoto-340100174.png.374e3b5a4399975bca3d7dba8e6b7cf4.png

Screenshot_20230721-141731_kindlephoto-340073996.png.a15df33e1f39d9b27414ebb6d782f5b1.png

Antifa all dress in black? Weird, I thought fascists dressed in black.

Father Ted: "I'm a priest, not a fascist. Fascists dress up in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas priests...." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

On 7/21/2023 at 2:23 PM, Nemo said:

A Little Gem from the non-partisan BBC. Pay your licences people...

bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/X56rQkDgd0qqB7R68t6t7C/seven-things-you-need-to-know-about-antifa

Screenshot_20230721-141648_kindlephoto-340133658.png.868f3f574a0048188b098a47d63493c3.png

Screenshot_20230721-141709_kindlephoto-340100174.png.374e3b5a4399975bca3d7dba8e6b7cf4.png

Screenshot_20230721-141731_kindlephoto-340073996.png.a15df33e1f39d9b27414ebb6d782f5b1.png

The irony is that Antifa members very much behave exactly the same as the fascists they supposedly oppose.

• Thanks 2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12327959/amp/Terrified-Brits-fleeing-lives-Rhodes-wildfire-warzone-beg-help-stranded-families-left-without-food-water-forced-sleep-sunbeds-inferno-ravages-Greek-island.html

Terrified Brits fleeing for their lives from Rhodes' wildfire 'warzone' beg for help - as stranded families are left without food or water and forced to sleep on sunbeds as inferno ravages Greek island

Not only is this stupid covid like scaremongering. I also noticed they enjoy tinkering with the headline to make it more scary. I read this article 10 mins before and the headline was different. Can't remember exact wording but less scary.

Just imagine the editor.

"Send it back. Not terrifying enough"!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I saw a fire in Rhodes. It was a bit dramatic and exciting, as well as daunting and of course sad because of the damage to the ground, and the sheer time and energy in their dealing with it. Many people helped to put it out, and the locals were mostly not too phased because it's so common. 

As usual if there is no truth, balance, reassurance or historical / natural context in the news then how are we going to bother listening to them. Not we, but WE 😉 

The 'terrified' tourists on tv had their camera phones out as they fled 😆 

The Australian fires during Convid were partly due to the lack of maintenance on the land, but that was part of the start / push of the recent era of fire hysteria linked to the words climate change and climate crisis ... but not climate tax.

It's all bloody crisis and limited subjects on repeat repeat on the news. 

A caller on the radio asked is the government deliberately trying to destroy the country?

Edited by Observations
Bold
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Observations said:

I saw a fire in Rhodes. It was a bit dramatic and exciting, as well as daunting and of course sad because of the damage to the ground, and the sheer time and energy in their dealing with it. Many people helped to put it out, and the locals were mostly not too phased because it's so common. 

As usual if there is no truth, balance, reassurance or historical / natural context in the news then how are we going to bother listening to them. Not we, but WE 😉 

The 'terrified' tourists on tv had their camera phones out as they fled 😆 

The Australian fires during Convid were partly due to the lack of maintenance on the land, but that was part of the start / push of the recent era of fire hysteria linked to the words climate change and climate crisis ... but not climate tax.

It's all bloody crisis and limited subjects on repeat repeat on the news. 

A caller on the radio asked is the government deliberately trying to destroy the country?

Wild fires are natures revitalising method. Aborigines in Australia carry out controlled fire to spur new growth. I’m sure you know this already!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Bombadil said:

Wild fires are natures revitalising method. Aborigines in Australia carry out controlled fire to spur new growth. I’m sure you know this already!

Thanks Bombadil, I know a little bit about that and find it interesting. That's the trouble with these one sided stories, they just don't give people a chance to take an interest and learn something new. I met two Australian ladies at the time of one of the big stories on the fires and I was so pleased when they told me their opinion / experience, which was far too logical 😉 I think that was Dec / Jan 2020. One more voice of reason. 

Every 'little' voice of reason adds up. 

I got chatting to a fella in the chippy, and he said early in the conversation; I blame the media.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Observations said:

Thanks Bombadil, I know a little bit about that and find it interesting. That's the trouble with these one sided stories, they just don't give people a chance to take an interest and learn something new. I met two Australian ladies at the time of one of the big stories on the fires and I was so pleased when they told me their opinion / experience, which was far too logical 😉 I think that was Dec / Jan 2020. One more voice of reason. 

Every 'little' voice of reason adds up. 

I got chatting to a fella in the chippy, and he said early in the conversation; I blame the media.

It doesn’t help that at all levels, no critical thinking is being taught. My daughter will spend the last year of secondary school doing only revision. No new teaching. Just reinforcing the indoctrination.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bombadil said:

It doesn’t help that at all levels, no critical thinking is being taught. My daughter will spend the last year of secondary school doing only revision. No new teaching. Just reinforcing the indoctrination.

Lemme guess... "WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT....."? 

Blimey what a boring year that'll be. Would have done my head in!

On 7/24/2023 at 12:00 PM, EnigmaticWorld said:

Yes, but the important question is : does machete fighting have a greater or smaller carbon footprint than other comparable park sports?

If the latter, shouldn't we be encouraging it as an environmentally friendly lifestyle choice?

Perhaps in time we might see the Wimbledon Lawn Machete Championship... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/24/2023 at 12:00 PM, EnigmaticWorld said:

It's always McDonalds. The Dale End area of the city centre became a much quieter and civilised place once the McDonalds there was closed and subsequently bulldozed (to make way for a tram extension).

I remember the times when you'd only see this kind of mindless yobbish behaviour amongst pissed-up lager louts at pubs, that faced the risk of losing their licence and closure if the police had to be called in.

Nowadays most anti-social behaviour comes from young thugs hanging around McDonalds.

• Like 1

dangerous business working for presidents...

EXCLUSIVE: Malia and Sasha Obama are pictured leaving Martha's Vineyard after death of private chef Tafari Campbell who was 'beloved part of the family'

• Malia and Sasha flew out of Martha's Vineyard on Tuesday afternoon
  • It remains unclear how Tafari died or who he was paddle boarding with 

By Jen Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 18:40 BST, 25 July 2023 | Updated: 19:34 BST, 25 July 2023

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12336535/Malia-Sasha-Obama-pictured-Marthas-Vineyard-death-private-chef-Tafari-Campbell-beloved-family.html

FLASHBACK: Former Bush/Clinton White House Chef Drowned in 2015

by Anthony Scott Jul. 24, 2023 8:05 pm
0-1032.jpg

The recent drowning of former White House and Obama personal chef Tafari Campbell marks the second time a former White House chef has died by drowning within the last decade.

Back in 2015, Former White House chef for Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, Walter Scheib went missing while hiking outside the city of Taos, New Mexico.

According to authorities, Scheib went missing after hiking in the Taos Ski Valley, located about 10 miles outside of Taos.After several days of searching, Scheib’s dead body was found by an emergency rescue team and a state medical examiner confirmed it was likely he died by drowning.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/07/flashback-former-bush-clinton-white-house-chef-drowned/

Bertha Champagne

Bertha Champagne worked as a nanny with the Bush family for many years. She admired George W. Bush. She was reportedly accidentally crushed to death by her own car in a freak accident on 29th September 2003.

She was reported to have accidentally been killed in the driveway of Marvin Bush's house. She reportedly left her car in gear, after which it crossed Edgehill Drive, a small street in front of the Bush compound. The vehicle then crossed a busy two-lane street, Fort Hunt Road, finally coming to rest in a wooded area across the street that adjoins the prestigious Belle Haven Country Club and crushing Bertha Champagne against a wall.

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Bertha_Champagne

destroying evidence?

Biden’s Secret Service rental cars left charred after catching fire in Nantucket

By Anders Hagstrom, Fox News
November 29, 2022

President Biden’s rented Secret Service vehicles burst into flames in a parking lot Monday, just one day after he left his Nantucket vacation.

Biden spent Thanksgiving on the ritzy Massachusetts island with his family last week. The Secret Service rented five vehicles from Hertz to carry the president and his family, and all five of them caught fire in the parking lot, according to footage first obtained by the Nantucket Current.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/29/bidens-secret-service-rental-cars-left-charred-after-catching-fire-in-nantucket/

Edited by Macnamara

On 7/23/2023 at 6:09 AM, pete675 said:

Antifa all dress in black? Weird, I thought fascists dressed in black.

antifa are funded by what the left used to call the 'capitalist class' who own the mega corporations and the central banks and the global investors eg blackrock etc

mussolini said that fascism is the merger of corporate and state power so yes antifa ARE the fascists. They shouldn't be called 'anti-fascists' they should be called 'pro-communism'

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

antifa are funded by what the left used to call the 'capitalist class' who own the mega corporations and the central banks and the global investors eg blackrock etc

Remember the "Occupy Wall Street" movement and its subsequent 'spin-offs'? No doubt funded by the same people too.

Same goes for all the other 'fake protest' movements like Extinction Rebellion, Just Stop Oil etc etc

When you're being funded and promoted by the people/organisations you're (supposedly) protesting against, then you're hardly a "grassroots" movement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1