Jump to content

Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own


SuperstarNeilC

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Freaky Dragonfly said:

WEF Calls for AI to Rewrite Bible, Create ‘Religions That Are Actually Correct’

https://slaynews.com/news/wef-ai-rewrite-bible-create-religions-actually-correct/

What religion is he again?  Let's rewrite the Talmud and the Koran  while we're at it. How does this ugly rat-faced creep know what is correct and what isn't?

Edited by Nemuri Kyoshiro
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

What religion is he again?  Let's rewrite the Talmud and the Koran  while we're at it. How does this ugly rat-faced creep know what is correct and what isn't?

Define "correct" and leave the Tanakh alone, thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All religious beliefs are correct relative to folks who believe in them, also they're incorrect relative to non-believers. So this is another mask-slipping moment when the Illuminati want to destroy freedom of thought and belief and replace it with their approved beliefs for the masses. They'll still have freedom of course. 

It won't be AI deciding on what's true but whoever controls the AI. 

Edited by Campion
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Campion said:

All religious beliefs are correct relative to folks who believe in them, also they're incorrect relative to non-believers. So this is another mask-slipping moment when the Illuminati want to destroy freedom of thought and belief and replace it with their approved beliefs for the masses. They'll still have freedom of course. 

It won't be AI deciding on what's true but whoever controls the AI. 

I can’t see this plan going down well in Israel or the USA.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

KJV. Anything translated after 1900 is suspect.

Even the Authorised version is "wrong". If you look at the Greek (or Aramaic or Hebrew) in many places you can see that the translator needed slapped wrists. The most famous one, of course, is "peace on earth; goodwill toward Men", which it doesn't say. The Greek version "as any fule kno" (if you didn't go to an English posh school, you might not know of Nigel Molesworth, but you can look him up - essential to understanding the mindset of many modern politicians) refers to "men of goodwill" - not the same thing at all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, k_j_evans said:

Even the Authorised version is "wrong". If you look at the Greek (or Aramaic or Hebrew) in many places you can see that the translator needed slapped wrists. The most famous one, of course, is "peace on earth; goodwill toward Men", which it doesn't say. The Greek version "as any fule kno" (if you didn't go to an English posh school, you might not know of Nigel Molesworth, but you can look him up - essential to understanding the mindset of many modern politicians) refers to "men of goodwill" - not the same thing at all.

 

If you're reading the critical text - as I assume Mr. Molesworth was - then you might as well translate it to "men of goodwill". The received text says otherwise.  If you want a serious discussion on this, we can open a thread but I'm no Greek scholar I warn you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

 

If you're reading the critical text - as I assume Mr. Molesworth was - then you might as well translate it to "men of goodwill". The received text says otherwise.  If you want a serious discussion on this, we can open a thread but I'm no Greek scholar I warn you.

Probably not a good idea as I was an ancient Greek scholar back in the day - not so much now. And I think that reserving peace for those with good intentions is more likely - I mean - look at the viciousness of G-d in Isaiah. I can't see that entity going all Fotherington-Thomas (Molesworth again) on the world. I was just making the point that it's vey difficult to assess "correctness" but most of the new versions of things religious are pretty detestable (although I'm not a Christian, I did confirmation classes way back when with an exorcist!, and. of course, we did RE at school - compulsory even for those from other religions).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, k_j_evans said:

Probably not a good idea as I was an ancient Greek scholar back in the day - not so much now. And I think that reserving peace for those with good intentions is more likely - I mean - look at the viciousness of G-d in Isaiah. I can't see that entity going all Fotherington-Thomas (Molesworth again) on the world. I was just making the point that it's vey difficult to assess "correctness" but most of the new versions of things religious are pretty detestable (although I'm not a Christian, I did confirmation classes way back when with an exorcist!, and. of course, we did RE at school - compulsory even for those from other religions).

Many (if not all) modern translations seem to try and eradicate Christ's deity. Anyway, let me dust off Dean Burgon's work on it and see what he has to say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, k_j_evans said:

and. of course, we did RE at school - compulsory even for those from other religions).

 

In America you'll be lucky to find a school that teaches RE & it shows.

 

Quote

Under U.S. law, religious education is forbidden in public schools, except from a neutral, academic perspective. However, in a minority of communities, released time is granted once a week to make religious education more convenient without violating the separation of church and state.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

Many (if not all) modern translations seem to try and eradicate Christ's deity. Anyway, let me dust off Dean Burgon's work on it and see what he has to say.

Since I'm Jewish, in spite of spending a year at a convent and doing confirmation classes, we might have to agree to differ on some it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

So what bible did you study?

At school, Authorised version as it was known then. Now, perhaps because of US influence, known as King James Version. We were told not to use the Revised Version (19th century) but I have copies of both somewhere. Prayer book was just called Book of Common Prayer (but I have on old Catholic one somewhere also) and services in those days were series1, then series 2 - everyone complained about the switch from series 1 but series 2 was OK language-wise, unlike later revisions which were dire. And my gran's hidden translation of the Tanakh, but since we didn't do it at school I can't remember whose translation it was. But it was sometimes interesting to see difference between that version and OT in Authorised version

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, bradlaw said:

Good to see well known satanist and 'club' member Madonna going down. The blind actually think she took the covid shot lol---push it yes but that witch def didn't take it.

 

Something very sus about all this 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...