Jump to content

Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own


SuperstarNeilC
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/16/2022 at 3:49 PM, sickofallthebollocks said:

 

 

There was a similar clip to this a few days ago on another site. It's one I look at but rarely contribute to. That footage showed the same phenomenon but the setting was a beach either at dusk or dawn. A load of posters were slating the OP saying it was just the camera's aperture trying to re-set itself and that this was obvious because when the pulsating light was at it's bright points, there was no difference to be seen in the reflection on the edge of the sea. I thought that was a red herring because the motion of the waves lapping on the shore made the light's reflection change constantly, and the much less noticeable reflection on the darker area of beach did show the fluctuation in the strength of light hitting it to my eyes - everyone else was looking for proof on the water's surface. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Police appeal for calm after 'serious disorder' in Leicester as hundreds take to streets

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1670863/leicester-news-police-appeal-violence-disorder-rob-nixon-india-pakistan

 

 

Quote

Police have appealed for calm after a night of “serious disorder” in Leicester, with two people arrested after an “unplanned protest”. Pictures showed hundreds of men on the streets and dozens of police forming a human barrier last night, with Temporary Chief Constable Rob Nixon saying his officers were “taking control” of the situation.

 

Police-East-Leicester-4288078.webp?r=166

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not technically news, but I'm just watching old episodes of 'It's me or the dog" on YT, and it's the 1st time I've ever seen the Gold Council running adverts trying to persuade people to buy gold. I've heard rumours of course of the oil backed currency on the verge of being replaced by a gold backed one, but why would they be trying to drum up business now? 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzRZveL-q-M

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/18/2020 at 1:12 PM, rideforever said:

Back in the UK, from what I understand, it seems A Level exam results this year ... well the teachers who "predict" the scores of their students (whatever the fuck that means) ... have decided to exaggerate the genius of their students and given all their students A-star-star-genius-star.   And, from what I understand, a lot of students had their studies disrupted by the scamdemic and so the result you get is not based on your work or your exam but on the lies your teacher told the exam board in their "predictions".
 

The Exam Board initially noticed that pigs do not fly ... and rejected giving every student in the land A-star-star-flying-pigs-star ... but after enough snowflake moaning was organised ... now yes ... the UK is going to be tolerant compassionate and lie and say that yes even braindead johnny is also a A-star-star-flying-dipshit-star-genius.

Which the newspapers are hailing as a great success.

 

The universities who get megabucks from the poor stupid sheep students who will turn up, learn nothing, and leave with £50,000 debt and a degree in Canoe Maintenance and a snakebite-n-black hangover .... are very keen to encourage said students to come on in.
 

Problem is there ain't no jobs because mickey mouse is not very good at enterprise.

 

Next stop the bank of mum and dad, who will double remortgage their conservatory.
Then it's time to sell the nation's silver dinner spoons.

Embarrassing and moronic Britain is.
I suggest people stop having kids, if this is what you gonna teach them.


 

 

 

Here in Canada half of the students mark is based on ATTENDANCE. If they show up they are guaranteed a pass. Doesn't leave a lot of room for academic brilliance.

Maybe it explains the braindead P. Minister and many cops who spend their time at Tim Hortons Donut cafes, positioned to chat up a storm with each otherClown world - 9GAG

 

Man Charged With Stealing 'roll Up The Rim To Win' Tim Hortons Cups: Police

 

Its becoming clear that intelligence is of no consequence to the ptb....as they wish to remain the ptb. 🤷‍♀️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Beaujangles said:

 

Here in Canada half of the students mark is based on ATTENDANCE. If they show up they are guaranteed a pass. Doesn't leave a lot of room for academic brilliance.

Maybe it explains the braindead P. Minister and many cops who spend their time at Tim Hortons Donut cafes, positioned to chat up a storm with each otherClown world - 9GAG

 

Man Charged With Stealing 'roll Up The Rim To Win' Tim Hortons Cups: Police

 

Its becoming clear that intelligence is of no consequence to the ptb....as they wish to remain the ptb. 🤷‍♀️

 Yeah As always it's about raising a population of

compliance with limited critical thinking if possible so it's up to individuals in each generation to think for themselves 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Talorgan said:

 Yeah As always it's about raising a population of

compliance with limited critical thinking if possible so it's up to individuals in each generation to think for themselves 

 

And it's pretty hard to educate yourself I reckon now that there's as much disinformation around as information on most things. Maths is the only thing it's not easy for folk to mess with (apart from the field most commonly used by politicians & 'scientists', i.e. percentages).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

 

And it's pretty hard to educate yourself I reckon now that there's as much disinformation around as information on most things. Maths is the only thing it's not easy for folk to mess with (apart from the field most commonly used by politicians & 'scientists', i.e. percentages).

Yeah ,being able to read /interprete  tables and statistics and data collection and how they can be misleading/manipulated should be priority teaching definitely.

Maths can be enlightening too I especially like

Marty Leeds

books like "the Peacocks Tales the Alchemical Writings of Claudia Pavonis" and

"PI  and the English language" 

 

Edited by Talorgan
π
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Talorgan said:

Yeah ,being able to read /interprete  tables and statistics and data collection and how they can be misleading/manipulated should be priority teaching definitely.

Maths can be enlightening too I especially like

Marty Leeds

books like "the Peacocks Tales the Alchemical Writings of Claudia Pavonis" and

"PI  and the English language" 

 

It's not just that though - I'll bet most of the science is flawed and history a bunch of lies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

It's not just that though - I'll bet most of the science is flawed and history a bunch of lies. 

Yeah history always been written by the" victors" so it  can be distorted then by repitition become norm whereas true history often is washed away by the tide

and true science is questioning things and testing ideas/ hypothesis with open mind undeterred by consensus opinions etc

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

According to our friendly BBC, it's all "misinformation" and nasty slurs.

 

Of course it is.

 

Apart from the footage posted on here already showing the extreme thuggery going on in the streets. If it was Christians v any other religious group, I'll bet there'd be a stack of scathing coverage painting the Christians as the villains of the peace. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...