Jump to content

Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own


SuperstarNeilC
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Looks like Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman. 

 

Did you watch the tennis btw..?

The Ozzie was going mental at himself, bitching at his wife. When he was winning too.😂

kyrgios is not the full ticket & a drama queen, shame coz hes a good tennis player.

 

Novax is banned from the US open & Oz open.

 

Nadal looks like his mystery injuries are about to retire him for good.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Incase you were running out of made up 🐂💩 to fret about...

 

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/clinical/every-single-ambulance-service-in-england-declares-critical-incident-status/

Every single ambulance service in England declares ‘critical incident’ statusOne ambulance was forced to wait 24 hours just to hand over a patient as hospitals also struggle to cope with demand. 

 12 July 2022

 
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Talkradio (Sorry, it's my only vice 😉)

 

Lord Winstone;

 

On Johnson;

"He wanted to be a dictator" (I think that was his words)

"Astonishing for someone who is a Conservative, who should be conserving ..."

 

On Elon Musk; saying the world is underpopulated ...

"The world could support a lot more people if the food supply was sorted out"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Golden Retriever said:

EXCLUSIVE: Sir Tom Jones is treated by doctors after collapsing in Budapest ahead of latest date on his Surrounded By Time tour

 

 

"Not unusual" though!

 

Why is an eighty-two year old geriatric embarking on a European Tour?

 

I guess it's because you don't get to retire gracefully when you've sold your soul, like Diana Ross, Paul McCartney, Cliff Richard and the Stones.....

 

They just keep on wheeling them out, for as long as they have breath in their lungs.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

Incase you were running out of made up 🐂💩 to fret about...

 

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/clinical/every-single-ambulance-service-in-england-declares-critical-incident-status/

Every single ambulance service in England declares ‘critical incident’ statusOne ambulance was forced to wait 24 hours just to hand over a patient as hospitals also struggle to cope with demand. 

 12 July 2022

 

Had NHS consultant appointment not long ago that overran by hours. Lots of people waiting around getting aggitated, seemed like nobody being seen.

 

I was sat next to the reception & could hear the whisper talking going on. The conversation was about a list of 20 doctors / consultants they had...7 had frauded off with claimed Covid symptoms, but 12 were on annual leave.

 

What sort of organisation allows 60% of it's staff to be on leave at the same time?...unless you're that over staffed or are trying to create a problem?

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sit down, Waldo said:

Had NHS consultant appointment not long ago that overran by hours. Lots of people waiting around getting aggitated, seemed like nobody being seen.

 

I was sat next to the reception & could hear the whisper talking going on. The conversation was about a list of 20 doctors / consultants they had...7 had frauded off with claimed Covid symptoms, but 12 were on annual leave.

 

What sort of organisation allows 60% of it's staff to be on leave at the same time?...unless you're that over staffed or are trying to create a problem?

 

 

I know, they're shysters. I have a hospital appointment on 27th and plan on taking some pots & pans with me to use as weapons if they piss about. 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Velma said:

 

Why is an eighty-two year old geriatric embarking on a European Tour?

 

I guess it's because you don't get to retire gracefully when you've sold your soul, like Diana Ross, Paul McCartney, Cliff Richard and the Stones.....

 

They just keep on wheeling them out, for as long as they have breath in their lungs.

They have 'debts' to pay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2022 at 7:57 PM, Doc said:

Haha. Fixed for 6 months. They deserve everything they've got coming. It'll be extra jumpers and hot water bottles boiled on a Kelly kettle in my house this winter. No way I'm going to let the fu**ers give me anxiety about it. 

 

The magnificent kelly kettle!  Simple, compact, light, boils water quickly with very little fuel, like twigs, pine cones, paper, dry grass etc.  My favourite piece of survival equipment.   I have 2 sizes of the stainless steel versions and I could not recommend them more highly.

 

kelly-kettle-base-camp-16l-stainless-ste

 

A splendid idea about the hot water bottles. 1970's nostalgia. 🙂

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doc said:

They have 'debts' to pay. 

 

To who? 🤔

 

Tom Jones, ShabbesGoy

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/tom-jones-shabbesgoy-1.39284

 

Elvis: Sir Tom Jones was the one artist he 'truly called a friend'
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-50547933

 

"Presley also helped Jewish neighbors, the Fruchters, by being their shabbos goy."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley#Teenage_life_in_Memphis

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Orange Alert said:

 

The magnificent kelly kettle!  Simple, compact, light, boils water quickly with very little fuel, like twigs, pine cones, paper, dry grass etc.  My favourite piece of survival equipment.   I have 2 sizes of the stainless steel versions and I could not recommend them more highly.

 

kelly-kettle-base-camp-16l-stainless-ste

 

A splendid idea about the hot water bottles. 1970's nostalgia. 🙂

 

Hell yeah. I've got the 'Base Camp' stainless model. It's a beautiful thing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

 

To who? 🤔

 

Tom Jones, ShabbesGoy

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/tom-jones-shabbesgoy-1.39284

 

Elvis: Sir Tom Jones was the one artist he 'truly called a friend'
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-50547933

 

"Presley also helped Jewish neighbors, the Fruchters, by being their shabbos goy."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley#Teenage_life_in_Memphis

The chief...as Bob Dylan said once.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Velma said:

 

Why is an eighty-two year old geriatric embarking on a European Tour?

 

I guess it's because you don't get to retire gracefully when you've sold your soul, like Diana Ross, Paul McCartney, Cliff Richard and the Stones.....

 

They just keep on wheeling them out, for as long as they have breath in their lungs.

Those of you who have come to know me through my various posts here at this site are aware that I rarely, if ever use profanities when expressing my views. But, this is one of those "straw that broke the camel's back" moments. So, here it is: FUCK YOU, ASSHOLES! 

 

As a songwriter/musician myself, I intend on making music until I'm six feet under. People are always quick to mock the Rolling Stones for still touring, due to their ages, yet I never heard the same criticism towards John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, BB King, etc. Old, black blues/r&b artist get a pass while white blues/r& b artist get mocked. I'm no kid, myself. Am I to lay down my guitars and step aside so some teenager can rhyme obscene profanities over pre-programmed beats? Hell no, I say!

 

So here, you bloody, fucking cunts, watch this video of Mr Tom Jones. Look in his face as he sings. Look in his eyes. He is living this song, He has lived it. He is still singing because he feels the music. Show me that sincerity on the faces of any of the current crop of younger "artists".

 

By the way, does this age limit you folks have count just in the music industry? Are people to stop writing books after a certain age? How about bakers? Can't make bread once you're over forty? Music isn't like sports. One continues to improve their musicianship skills, even into their old age. In fact, one tends to get better with age.

 

And another thing....hold on, there are some kids on my lawn...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KingKitty said:

Those of you who have come to know me through my various posts here at this site are aware that I rarely, if ever use profanities when expressing my views. But, this is one of those "straw that broke the camel's back" moments. So, here it is: FUCK YOU, ASSHOLES! 

 

As a songwriter/musician myself, I intend on making music until I'm six feet under. People are always quick to mock the Rolling Stones for still touring, due to their ages, yet I never heard the same criticism towards John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, BB King, etc. Old, black blues/r&b artist get a pass while white blues/r& b artist get mocked. I'm no kid, myself. Am I to lay down my guitars and step aside so some teenager can rhyme obscene profanities over pre-programmed beats? Hell no, I say!

 

So here, you bloody, fucking cunts, watch this video of Mr Tom Jones. Look in his face as he sings. Look in his eyes. He is living this song, He has lived it. He is still singing because he feels the music. Show me that sincerity on the faces of any of the current crop of younger "artists".

 

By the way, does this age limit you folks have count just in the music industry? Are people to stop writing books after a certain age? How about bakers? Can't make bread once you're over forty? Music isn't like sports. One continues to improve their musicianship skills, even into their old age. In fact, one tends to get better with age.

 

And another thing....hold on, there are some kids on my lawn...

I agree with your sentiments about modern music,I'm a musician too KK. I play Guitar, bass, drums, piano even a bit of violin. Do alright from it some months too via publishers and TV sync work. Ive never been on tour and nor do I intend to. Can't think of anything worse. I will continue to make music til I'm dead as well. I don't want these people to stop making music, but when you are Jones and McCartneys age the quality of your performance cannot match what it was in your heyday. They don't need to tour, they could sell millions of albums without touring. They could do fine studio performances and sell DVDs of them. Not saying a musicians technique fades over time but the voice becomes weaker (especially with McCartney at Glasto). It does make you wonder why they keep doing it when so many other, easier, perhaps more satisfying options are available to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...