Minor News items - Not worth a thread of their own

SuperstarNeilC

london gets nuked?, probably unlikely but how many business and government departments have moved out of London and is the no 10 bunker nuke proof?

seems unlikely to be a nuclear attack from Russia and a dirty bomb does bugger all really.

38 minutes ago, Itsjaybigjay said:

What are the chances we have a shooting at a gay bar in Oslo called the London pub  then 22 dead in a nightclub in east London SA within a day of each other. 

Yeah actually i must admit and the article I was reading didn't make it clear if it was in England or not. Only when I saw a picture of the ambulances and place did I realise. What a stupid name for a place. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Itsjaybigjay said:

What are the chances we have a shooting at a gay bar in Oslo called the London pub  then 22 dead in a nightclub in east London SA within a day of each other. 

Yes, it looks like messages being sent, good spot.

• Like 2

The British Medical Association has advised Dr's to demand a 30% pay rise. It's expected there'll be industrial action should they not get their own way.

My question is, if they go on strike, who will notice the difference?

"Doctors demand pay restoration in response to “30% pay cut” since 2008 | The BMJ" https://www.bmj.com/content/377/bmj.o1590

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll think of this next time I'm at the petrol pumps shitting myself about how little fuel I'm getting for the £20 I would rather be spending on food...

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/queen-30m-cash-boost-despite-155733873.html

The Royal family are spending £800K on a new staircase for fuckingham Palace while the rest of the cattle struggle to pay for their weekly shopping and bills.
The money she and her slithering relatives get will never go down, thanks to her cousin David Cameron setting a guaranteed income for the queen way back in 2012,  This while Schools and Police have their budget cut year on year.

Seems fair doesn't it? 

On 6/26/2022 at 11:11 PM, eddy64 said:

london gets nuked?, probably unlikely but how many business and government departments have moved out of London and is the no 10 bunker nuke proof?

seems unlikely to be a nuclear attack from Russia and a dirty bomb does bugger all really.

The panic a dirty bomb would cause would be enough to cripple everything within the M25 circle....50 smoke detectors and a bit of 'oomph' under them voila measurable radioactivity above background..mass panic ensues...stock market sharts itself ...mass exodus from close environment to epicentre and cabinet evacuted to a secure bunker somewhere with much hand wringing and lessons learned from our erstwhile government

Or a scenario which is far more likely ...They would just lie and say ''nothing to see here move along''

Would all depend who planted it in the first place

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

I'll think of this next time I'm at the petrol pumps shitting myself about how little fuel I'm getting for the £20 I would rather be spending on food...

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/queen-30m-cash-boost-despite-155733873.html

The Royal family are spending £800K on a new staircase for fuckingham Palace while the rest of the cattle struggle to pay for their weekly shopping and bills.
The money she and her slithering relatives get will never go down, thanks to her cousin David Cameron setting a guaranteed income for the queen way back in 2012,  This while Schools and Police have their budget cut year on year.

Seems fair doesn't it? 

image.png.1193ac859b2b814a83e4ac1216bbfa9c.png

image.png.cf32d6fb6f5af56809f479a2658f45b4.png
image.png.78fb579da060d69b8e69ec9f1558acc1.png
image.png.16fbf07b68eff18659a836bd0e57e4fa.png
image.png.eaa87224e7f59a8c71650e5709bc53e4.png

image.png.843c04f77eca92514a48847233702c82.png

image.png.71a27dbbb00329a43f3f8be8a6903abb.png

image.png.becef0209ef840ad69825d2cbf656074.png
image.png.5af157f06325d3f2f4858b3a2ddcee25.png

Bah! Put her on UC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, bamboozooka said:

uk energy supplier bulb has gone into administration

Not at all surprising really - the "free market" is being consolidated until all that remains is the 'big' corporates.

Not just in energy markets either, I read recently about how one 'big' bus operator (Diamond Buses, part of Rotala) acquired the bus operations of Johnsons Coaches, a small independent operator in Warwickshire.

The deal concluded at the end of May, yet from the end of July, pretty much all the routes that were acquired by Diamond will pass to Stagecoach due to 'contract wins'.

In this instance, it would seem that Johnsons end up winning - it was probably likely that they would not be re-awarded these contracts by Warwickshire County Council due to them being loss-making - so they offload the bus business to Rotala, and avoid the perils of going into administration, allowing them to focus on their coach and tour operations. Rotala meanwhile end up with a 'basket case', and lose their newly-gained business to Stagecoach.

You'll start to see a lot more of this, where smaller independent bus operators either get 'acquired' by bigger groups, or go into administration, which then sees the 'big corporates' acquire their routes and services.

And this doesn't just apply to bus companies, you'll see the same elsewhere...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The news and radio is 24/7 Chris Pincher ( Distractions, agenda, destroy trust and confidence, destroy relationships, listen to the weak and easily offended, as usual ) 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/chris-pincher-mp-tory-support-groping-b2114435.html

Chris Pincher: Suspended MP ‘seeking medical support’ after groping claims.
Also said he would ‘co-operate fully’ with inquiry into his alleged behaviour.

What exactly is medical support? 

And I heard on the radio that Chris Pincher touched a young male MP's knee and said he'd go far in the party. Big deal. Look how far society has come that this is news. Teaching youngsters that a passing touch is worse than someone stealing your culture, prospects, inheritance, and the freedom to speak, and to focus on the positives in life. 

And also constantly blurring what is genuine assault? And what is something comparitively harmless? That I personally would have handled myself without the need to be rescued by a boss, a media, and most definitely a Government. 

Real crimes are ignored and actually condoned. Life has become petty.

In America they used to say Government is best which governs least. We can take care of ourselves thank you. IMO.

Edited by Observations
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 4:32 PM, Observations said:

What about old Johnson, has anyone looked up Johnson in the dictionary of urban slang?

"Johnson by name, Johnson by nature"

On 7/3/2022 at 4:32 PM, Observations said:

The news and radio is 24/7 Chris Pincher ( Distractions, agenda, destroy trust and confidence, destroy relationships, listen to the weak and easily offended, as usual ) 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/chris-pincher-mp-tory-support-groping-b2114435.html

What exactly is medical support?

They've probably got a vaccine that cures that. (If it wipes him out, he won't be fondling folk any more). But I expect he's hinting at some charade of speaking to a therapist to gain the sympathy, understanding and the infinite spotlight of attention required currently by all who behave inappropriately. Though it begs the question of precisely why he feels he needs medical intervention when he's staunchly denied every accusation levied. 

• Like 1

Nice to see these self-obsessed dick heads getting some well deserved flak for a change. The comments are endearing.

"US medics post pictures showing their devastated reaction to 'losing patients' in new online trend | Daily Mail Online" https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10982831/US-medics-post-pictures-showing-devastated-reaction-losing-patients-new-online-trend.html

• Like 2

Germany sentences 101-year-old Nazi camp guard to 5 years in jail

Don’t hold your breath waiting for the world powers to hunt down gulag guards to hold them accountable for their actual crimes.

45 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

😊 it seems someone has blown up the Georgia Guidestones.😊

"LIVE: Investigation underway after Georgia Guidestones partially destroyed in Elbert County" https://www.foxcarolina.com/2022/07/06/live-investigation-underway-after-georgia-guidestones-partially-destroyed-elbert-county/

More ghastly guidestone news, for a country famed for blowing up stuff this seems like a piss poor effort

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

"AND YOU WILL DIE IN PRISON", you 100 year old man. 

Poor guy will never get to enjoy a full life now.

I'm surprised, he didn't pull "I was only doing my job" 😌

59 minutes ago, Observations said:

Why now I wonder? Is it a message? Or what?

Insider job? Just like our government doing in-fighting?

26 minutes ago, sock muppet said:

More ghastly guidestone news, for a country famed for blowing up stuff this seems like a piss poor effort

This piece of news made my day.

• Haha 1