Fuel Prices ...

webtrekker

We pay almost double in taxes from what a barrel cost I believe in airstrip one.

I just filled up & had to pay £2 a litre for 99 octane. Lucky I dont use my car often.

Car tax is shooting up this year also, doubled in a few years for netzero of course (the interest on the debt)

Must be great to afford an electric car, whilst the riff-raff have to pay your taxes.

5 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

We pay almost double in taxes from what a barrel cost I believe in airstrip one.

I just filled up & had to pay £2 a litre for 99 octane. Lucky I dont use my car often.

Car tax is shooting up this year also, doubled in a few years for netzero of course (the interest on the debt)

Must be great to afford an electric car, whilst the riff-raff have to pay your taxes.

The electric car isn't green, It's bollocks. Also wait until they start taxing them because they will,and the price of electric goes up. Oh wait.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captainlove said:

The electric car isn't green, It's bollocks. Also wait until they start taxing them because they will,and the price of electric goes up. Oh wait.

Well funny you should say, last week government started talking about taxing leci vehicles.. Microplastics leaked from car tyres, are more environmentally destructive because of the weight of the car than combustion vehicles.

This is news to me as I thought tyres were made from rubber, but apparently not.

Study: Up to one third of all microplastics released into UK waters come from tyre wear particles https://www.circularonline.co.uk/news/study-up-to-one-third-of-all-microplastics-released-into-uk-waters-come-from-tyre-wear-particles/

Not that government give the slightest fuck about real pollution anyway, but just need an excuse to tax your arse some more.

Edited by oddsnsods
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

Well funny you should say, last week government started talking about taxing leci vehicles.. Microplastics leaked from car tyres, are more environmentally destructive because of the weight of the car than combustion vehicles.

This is news to me as I thought tyres were made from rubber, but apparently not.

Study: Up to one third of all microplastics released into UK waters come from tyre wear particles https://www.circularonline.co.uk/news/study-up-to-one-third-of-all-microplastics-released-into-uk-waters-come-from-tyre-wear-particles/

Not that government give the slightest fuck about real pollution anyway, but just need an excuse to tax your arse some more.

I didn't know this,

Do car tyres contain plastic?

Image result for are car tyres made of plastic
Today tyres consist of about 19 percent natural rubber and 24 percent synthetic rubber, which is a plastic polymer. The rest is made up of metal and other compounds.
  • Sad 1

It's been over $6.00 (USD) for a while where I live.

I thought it was odd the gas station I bought my Bic lighter from has had their gas prices go up every day, yet the Bic lights have remained the same price. So, how do I get my car to run on Bic lighter fluid?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Probably easily explained, but how can the price (per litre) vary so much between 2 petrol stations run by the same company, but less than half a mile apart?

Not just a couple of pence, it was 8.

I suspect the more expensive station has a higher number of customers and exploiting that most of them don't notice the difference.

• Like 1

Motorway has seen an increase in motorists looking to sell their petrol and diesel cars, as fuel prices reach all-time highs. In the last month  diesel car sales have risen by 19 percent, as car owners fear prices at the pumps could continue to rise.
All pushing us in the nwo directions

53 minutes ago, jack121 said:
Motorway has seen an increase in motorists looking to sell their petrol and diesel cars, as fuel prices reach all-time highs. In the last month  diesel car sales have risen by 19 percent, as car owners fear prices at the pumps could continue to rise.

But that doesn't necessarily mean they are all switching to electric though, maybe some of them are struggling so much that they have decided to give up on cars all together.

How many of the electric car drivers will regret it once they go on a long journey and run out of juice they pull into the services to find no charging points available?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jack121 said:

That's the agenda narrative. "Oooh petrol/diesel is getting unaffordable, better trade in for an electric vehicle"

13 hours ago, Nefaria said:

But that doesn't necessarily mean they are all switching to electric though, maybe some of them are struggling so much that they have decided to give up on cars all together.

Here in the West Midlands where I live, remarkably the only thing that hasn't increased in price lately is the cost of public transport.

I don't drive and have never owned a car, so I've always relied on public transport or my own two feet to get around here. My monthly bus pass actually decreased in price last year (from £60 a month to £50) and there are no hints or suggestions that this will increase in the future.

So from my point of view, I'm already about £120 a year better off. But buses and trains still use the same diesel that everyone else is paying more for? Again, its the agenda narrative at play.

If you can't afford to run a petrol/diesel car, either buy an EV, or cycle or use public transport.

(Meanwhile I travelled home by bus yesterday afternoon, and noticed a new cycle lane installed on Blossomfield Road in Solihull, narrowing the road for buses and other traffic to use, and I didn't see a single cyclist using it. More agenda pushing!)

2 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

... (Meanwhile I travelled home by bus yesterday afternoon, and noticed a new cycle lane installed on Blossomfield Road in Solihull, narrowing the road for buses and other traffic to use, and I didn't see a single cyclist using it. More agenda pushing!)

It really annoys me when the Council builds cycle lanes and paths and the f*ing cyclist still ride in the road and hold up all the traffic. Now there's a class that need to be fined. I watched a cyclist ride up the pavement - there is a cycle lane at the side of the road - , forcing a dog walker to step into the road, so he could avoid traffic lights. Then, when he reached the part where the Council has made a lovely separate cycle track wide enough for three abreast, he took to the road so the bus couldn't get into the bus stop and all the traffic ended up going about 5mph as it was impossible to pass him. Twat!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, k_j_evans said:

It really annoys me when the Council builds cycle lanes and paths and the f*ing cyclist still ride in the road and hold up all the traffic. Now there's a class that need to be fined. I watched a cyclist ride up the pavement - there is a cycle lane at the side of the road - , forcing a dog walker to step into the road, so he could avoid traffic lights. Then, when he reached the part where the Council has made a lovely separate cycle track wide enough for three abreast, he took to the road so the bus couldn't get into the bus stop and all the traffic ended up going about 5mph as it was impossible to pass him. Twat!

Cyclists need to have rules enforced on them the same as other road users.  They flout certain rules because they know they can get away with it, they are pretty anonymous with no means of identifying them to fine them etc.  Cyclists if they are road uses should pay road tax, take out insurance and their bikes should have some sort of registration plate, it's only fair.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

That's the agenda narrative. "Oooh petrol/diesel is getting unaffordable, better trade in for an electric vehicle"

Here in the West Midlands where I live, remarkably the only thing that hasn't increased in price lately is the cost of public transport.

I don't drive and have never owned a car, so I've always relied on public transport or my own two feet to get around here. My monthly bus pass actually decreased in price last year (from £60 a month to £50) and there are no hints or suggestions that this will increase in the future.

So from my point of view, I'm already about £120 a year better off. But buses and trains still use the same diesel that everyone else is paying more for? Again, its the agenda narrative at play.

If you can't afford to run a petrol/diesel car, either buy an EV, or cycle or use public transport.

(Meanwhile I travelled home by bus yesterday afternoon, and noticed a new cycle lane installed on Blossomfield Road in Solihull, narrowing the road for buses and other traffic to use, and I didn't see a single cyclist using it. More agenda pushing!)

I live in the west midlands too and own a car but their are some journeys i actually do on public transport as it's a lot less hassle then being stuck in traffic and trying to find a parking space at the end of the journey (or get completely ripped off by parking fees).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, k_j_evans said:

See this every. bloody. day.

Then they going on twatter and complain these designated cycle lanes/routes aren't safe or designed to their liking, which is why they won't use them. Fuck off. They think they own the roads, the pavements, traffic junctions, the lot.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Nefaria said:

How many of the electric car drivers will regret it once they go on a long journey and run out of juice they pull into the services to find no charging points available?

1 hour ago, jack121 said:

Electric cars are probably okay if you work near to where you live, have a driveway to charge it up and only go on short journeys... but long journeys?  There is only a finite number of chargers at motorway services, cars need to be parked up and left charging a while. What you supposed to do... sit there waiting for hours at services waiting for others to finish, then park up yourself to charge and wait again for it to finish?  Completely impractical.  A four hour journey becomes a whole day one?    And what if you don't have a driveway, you meant go somewhere to charge it and sit waiting again?  I really don't get how it's supposed to work.

1 hour ago, Nefaria said:

Electric cars are probably okay if you work near to where you live, have a driveway to charge it up and only go on short journeys...

I think that's the point. Have everyone trapped like rats, in the 15 minute city.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2022 at 6:46 PM, Captainlove said:

This is new cheaper version of the Tesla as used by Elon Musk .

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Captainlove said:

Remember this,

Sinclair C5 .webp

Remember them, I've got one. Bit modified mine tho with more modern motors controller and batteries and can do about 45mph so technically no longer street legal. its the closest thing ill have to owning an EV tho  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captainlove said:

Remember this,

Sinclair C5 .webp

I've just remembered something from my Z80 programming days to do with 'C5.'

Here's an explanation I've just dragged off the net ...

The C5 - what's in a name?

CLive Sinclair (before he became, Sir Clive) was really into the Zilog Z80 processor family - all his little, er, 'computers', were based on it.

In Z80 Assembly language, C5 was PUSH BC, which could be construed as 'Push ByCycle' if you take a mental squint at it.

However, I prefer to think that it was simply his initials, in that 1980's sort of computer font C5 would have looked almost exactly like CS.

The BC registers in the Z80 processor were a register pair, so PUSH BC was an instruction to push the values on top of the stack. PULL BC brought them back again. As the above clip explains, C5 was the z80 Assembler opcode for PUSH BC.

See! You could fill a book with what I know (but, as my wife keeps pointing out, you could fill a library with what I don't know!). 🤣

• Like 3