CANNABIS AND CHRISTIANITY

The OC

Then there's the Coptic Christian view.

MARIJUANA AND THE BIBLE
by

The Ethiopian Zion Coptic Church

OFFERINGS OF DEVOTION
With offerings of devotion, ships from the isles will meet to pour the wealth of the nations and bring tribute to his feet. The Coptic Church believes fully the teachings of the Bible, and as such we have our daily obligations, and offer our sacrifices, made by fire unto our God with chants and Psalms and spiritual hymns, lifting up holy hands and making melody in our hearts.

Herb (marijuana) is a Godly creation from the beginning of the world. It is known as the weed of wisdom, angel's food, the tree of life and even the "Wicked Old Ganja Tree". Its purpose in creation is as a fiery sacrifice to be offered to our Redeemer during obligations. The political worldwide organizations have framed mischief on it and called it drugs. To show that it is not a dangerous drug, let me inform my readers that it is used as food for mankind, and as a medicinal cure for diverse diseases. Ganja is not for commerce; yet because of the oppression of the people, it was raised up as the only liberator of the people, and the only peacemaker among the entire generation. Ganja is the sacramental rights of every man worldwide and any law against it is only the organized conspiracy of the United Nations and the political governments who assist in maintaining this conspiracy.

The Coptic Church is not politically originated, and this was firmly expressed when we met with the political directorate of the land during the period of pre-incorporation. We support no political organization, pagan religion, or commercial institution, seeing that religion, politics, and commerce are the three unclean spirits which separate the people from their God. Because of our non-political stand, the church has received tremendous opposition from the politicians, who do not want the eyes of the people to be opened. Through its agency, the police force, the church has been severely harassed, victimized, and discriminated. Our members have passed through several acts of police brutality, our legal properties maliciously destroyed, members falsely imprisoned, divine services broken up and all these atrocities performed upon the Church, under the name of political laws and their justice.

Walter Wells -- Elder Priest of the Ethiopian Zion Coptic Church of Jamaica, West Indies

THE USE OF MARIJUANA IN ANCIENT TIMES
The use of marijuana is as old as the history of man and dates to the prehistoric period. Marijuana is closely connected with the history and development of some of the oldest nations on earth.

It has played a significant role in the religions and cultures of Africa, the Middle East, India, and China Richard E. Schultes, a prominent researcher in the field of psychoactive plants, said in an article he wrote entitled "Man and Marijuana":

"...that early man experimented with all plant materials that he could chew and could not have avoided discovering the properties of cannabis (marijuana), for in his quest for seeds and oil, he certainly ate the sticky tops of the plant. Upon eating hemp the euphoric, ecstatic and hallucinatory aspects may have introduced man to an other-worldly plane from which emerged religious beliefs, perhaps even the concept of deity.

The plant became accepted as a special gift of the gods, a sacred medium for communion with the spiritual world and as such it has remained in some cultures to the present."

The effects of marijuana was proof to the ancients that the spirit and power of the god(s) existed in this plant and that it was literally a messenger (angel) or actually the Flesh and Blood and/or Bread of the god(s) and was and continues to be a holy sacrament. Considered to be sacred, marijuana has been used in religious worship from before recorded history.

Link - Marijuana and the Bible by The Ethiopian Zion Coptic Church (druglibrary.org)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, pi3141 said:

MARIJUANA AND THE BIBLE
by

OFFERINGS OF DEVOTION
With offerings of devotion, ships from the isles will meet to pour the wealth of the nations and bring tribute to his feet. The Coptic Church believes fully the teachings of the Bible, and as such we have our daily obligations, and offer our sacrifices, made by fire unto our God with chants and Psalms and spiritual hymns, lifting up holy hands and making melody in our hearts.

Herb (marijuana) is a Godly creation from the beginning of the world. It is known as the weed of wisdom, angel's food, the tree of life and even the "Wicked Old Ganja Tree". Its purpose in creation is as a fiery sacrifice to be offered to our Redeemer during obligations. The political worldwide organizations have framed mischief on it and called it drugs. To show that it is not a dangerous drug, let me inform my readers that it is used as food for mankind, and as a medicinal cure for diverse diseases. Ganja is not for commerce; yet because of the oppression of the people, it was raised up as the only liberator of the people, and the only peacemaker among the entire generation. Ganja is the sacramental rights of every man worldwide and any law against it is only the organized conspiracy of the United Nations and the political governments who assist in maintaining this conspiracy.

The Coptic Church is not politically originated, and this was firmly expressed when we met with the political directorate of the land during the period of pre-incorporation. We support no political organization, pagan religion, or commercial institution, seeing that religion, politics, and commerce are the three unclean spirits which separate the people from their God. Because of our non-political stand, the church has received tremendous opposition from the politicians, who do not want the eyes of the people to be opened. Through its agency, the police force, the church has been severely harassed, victimized, and discriminated. Our members have passed through several acts of police brutality, our legal properties maliciously destroyed, members falsely imprisoned, divine services broken up and all these atrocities performed upon the Church, under the name of political laws and their justice.

Walter Wells -- Elder Priest of the Ethiopian Zion Coptic Church of Jamaica, West Indies

The use of marijuana is as old as the history of man and dates to the prehistoric period. Marijuana is closely connected with the history and development of some of the oldest nations on earth.

It has played a significant role in the religions and cultures of Africa, the Middle East, India, and China Richard E. Schultes, a prominent researcher in the field of psychoactive plants, said in an article he wrote entitled "Man and Marijuana":

"...that early man experimented with all plant materials that he could chew and could not have avoided discovering the properties of cannabis (marijuana), for in his quest for seeds and oil, he certainly ate the sticky tops of the plant. Upon eating hemp the euphoric, ecstatic and hallucinatory aspects may have introduced man to an other-worldly plane from which emerged religious beliefs, perhaps even the concept of deity.

The plant became accepted as a special gift of the gods, a sacred medium for communion with the spiritual world and as such it has remained in some cultures to the present."

The effects of marijuana was proof to the ancients that the spirit and power of the god(s) existed in this plant and that it was literally a messenger (angel) or actually the Flesh and Blood and/or Bread of the god(s) and was and continues to be a holy sacrament. Considered to be sacred, marijuana has been used in religious worship from before recorded history.

Link - Marijuana and the Bible by The Ethiopian Zion Coptic Church (druglibrary.org)

Differing views from the Coptic Church vs the Eastern Orthodox Church

45 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

Have you seen any of the Jesus is a mushroom literature?

Strange that in a world where all tribes had a psychotropic druh of choice, modern religions try to say their old tribes did not.

Outright lies everywhere.

Regards

DL

Yes I bought 'The Mushroom and the Cross' I'm not a language scholar so it was a bit heavy. It took a few months after reading it and I was reading the Bible, (Anchor Version) and I got to the verse John Allegro quotes - 'Rock, you are Peter, and on this Rock I build my church' and I saw what Allegro was getting at, the verse makes no sense, 'rock, you are Peter' or 'Peter you are Peter, but I'll build a church on this rock' well what the hell has 'Peter you are Peter but here's a rock' I mean WTF? Which may be a giveaway that something else is being inferred.

As I understand it, a number of ancient language scholars have now come out and gone as far as to say he may well have been onto something.

I think he was, although he never said Jesus was a mushroom as claimed in the media, but there appears to be a covert reference to mushroom in the verse quoted above.

John Allegro also translates 'Yeshua' as 'Semen that saves' not 'God saves' indicating its origins in a Fertility Cult.

I read the book, then after when I started studying the Bible, I came to the Geneaology section in Genesis and re-reading it, it struck me not as a Genealogical record but rather bragging of fertility - he had sons with his wife, sons with his concubine, a son at 60 something, Rebecca's womb was unsealed by God at the age of 60, it goes on and on. Its not a record of Ancestry of Jesus, its bragging about a Patriarch's fertility. The only thing missing is how mighty warriors the sons were but it does say they went on to create nations, they were so fertile they created nations with their 'Special Sperm'

So for me, with that Geneaology section which is really bragging about fertility, and Easter worship shows me Christianity is in part based on Ancient Fertility Cults as John Allegro states, and I can see the Mushroom reference in the non sensical - 'You are Peter, but I will build a church on this rock' it makes no sense, but in the original toungue you got - Petros, Petra, Petra, bit of a tongue twister and the ancient word for Mushroom is Pitra. I agree with Allegro, the nonsensical verse has an esoteric meaning or refetence to the mushroom.

Christianity follows the same Trinitarian formula as early Pagan religions did and it is derived from Solar, Nature, Fertility and Psychoactive plant worship just like other Pagan Mystery schools. Plus they habe the spiritual aspect an an evil force to explain Storms and Famines.

Christianity is just a re-working of the old trinitarian mystery schools and Freemasonry is just the esoteric branch of Christianity elevated to mystery school status, its just an extension or the next level up from Christianity where again they follow the ancient Pagan mysteries snd worship the Sun and Nature. (And Baal)

It mostly goes back to Egypt - did you know the name of God among the Hebrews - 'Jehovah' is a corruption of the Egyptian name of God (Jove or Jova- from memory) again one of the Egyptian trinity.  

Judaism is based on Paganism as is Christianity, for me the Jews, Christians and Freemasons are heavily deceived about their religion. And the Muslims are even more deceived.

But thats all part of the plan isn't it.

31 minutes ago, pi3141 said:

But thats all part of the plan isn't it.

Of course.

I think most of the ideas for the Jewish/Abrahamic cults came from Sumer and Egypt.

Who know and who cares, in the sense that what is said is more important to wisdom than who said it or if it is even based on reality.

As a Gnostic Christian, I have to remain an esoteric ecumenist and embrace what I can from wherever I find it.

The religions have tried to hide their early closeness to drugs and sex, Temple Prostitutes and their drug of high regard.

They found cocaine in an ancient Egyptian artifact and the Kama Sutra is likely what the whole world was doing.

Think of the raunchiness of even our own fathers and grandfathers. Wow.

I am pleased to have re-found you buddy.

Regards

DL

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2022 at 1:44 PM, pi3141 said:

MARIJUANA AND THE BIBLE
by

OFFERINGS OF DEVOTION

Amen to that. 

• Haha 1