Deodorants and perfumes

XelNaga

Hello Friends,

Firts of all, if I missed the appropriate section for this thread, please move it. Thanks..

This might sound stupid, but please, bear with me.

Some lady made a video about how she absolutely loves the "natural" smell of her husband. It makes her so happy, and probably horny, when she smells him. One of my ex girlfriends also said the same thing to me. So that got me thinking.

We know that sense of smell is soooo important in lifes of animals. Many animals choose friends and partners exclusively through sense of smell, looks don't matter to them at all.

Sinse are bodies are, well, animal bodies basically, could perfumes and deodorants inhibit that natural selection of partners in humans?

I know our sense of smell is insignificant compared to animals sense of smell, but perhaps it can be important when selecting our partners.

Perhaps it would somehow allow us to sense hormonal compatibility or something like that.

So by using deodorants and perfumes and disguising our hormones, people lost that basic way of choosing appropriate partners for themselves.

What are your thoughts about this?

Thanks..

PS: typed from my phone, sorry about spelling errors..

• Like 4

Yes I think it probably does obscure hormones.

I think more worryingly, the majority of deodorants and perfumes are highly toxic.

When I stopped using them I quickly found most of this stuff repulsive to the nose, when I was using them I didn't feel this way. Besides generally speaking why the need for it? You're meant to sweat. If someone has a problem with your stench that is their problem 😅

If maybe I have a hot date, from time to time I might put some natural essential oils on - they have healing properties and smell a heck of a lot nicer than perfumes from the shops. I use Youngs oils. 

• Like 3

On 6/9/2022 at 9:33 AM, XelNaga said:

Hello Friends,

Firts of all, if I missed the appropriate section for this thread, please move it. Thanks..

This might sound stupid, but please, bear with me.

Some lady made a video about how she absolutely loves the "natural" smell of her husband. It makes her so happy, and probably horny, when she smells him. One of my ex girlfriends also said the same thing to me. So that got me thinking.

We know that sense of smell is soooo important in lifes of animals. Many animals choose friends and partners exclusively through sense of smell, looks don't matter to them at all.

Sinse are bodies are, well, animal bodies basically, could perfumes and deodorants inhibit that natural selection of partners in humans?

I know our sense of smell is insignificant compared to animals sense of smell, but perhaps it can be important when selecting our partners.

Perhaps it would somehow allow us to sense hormonal compatibility or something like that.

So by using deodorants and perfumes and disguising our hormones, people lost that basic way of choosing appropriate partners for themselves.

What are your thoughts about this?

Thanks..

PS: typed from my phone, sorry about spelling errors..

You are 100% correct. The armpits produce pheromones which assist the process of attracting a partner. My research tells me that it also assists in finding the correct partner, as in, someone who is well matched to you. Of course, for pheromones to work, the person has to be nude, too. So clothes plus deodorant obscure a natural part of human bonding. Also, most deodorants are toxic. They contain aluminum and other chemicals, and these chemicals go into one of the most porous areas of the body.

That being said, if you don't care about finding a partner, Pitrok is a reasonable alternative.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh, this is interesting. I have been using a natural deodorant by a seller on Etsy that isn't overpowering and keeps me dry (otherwise I stink! Haha) 

But the chemical ones can't be much good. 

I cared for an elderly lady who had survived breast cancer and told me her Dr warned her to never touch a chemical deodorant again. Why are these things even legal?!

There must be an agenda behind it for sure. Keeping big pharma in business I guess.

Plus, all those celebrities releasing perfumes constantly has got me thinking something fishy is going on!