How Many Of You Will Be Celebrating Liz's Jubilee This Weekend ?

alexa

Not many offa here I presume 😂

How the nation will mark Queen's 70 years on the throne: Days of joyous Jubilee celebrations will start with birthday parade, see royals visit EVERY corner of UK and end with 200,000 street parties... so how will YOU celebrate?

People across the UK are preparing to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee over the four-day weekend from this Thursday, with a series of major events scheduled - from Trooping the Colour to a Pageant.

58461751-0-image-m-36_1653918986078.jpg

May God save Lilith-Beth......

1851863557_aqueenx.jpg.3a965421504442793ae29ec9514cb51a.jpg

• Haha 6

I remember the Silver Jubilee in 1977. What a hoopla that was. They had street parties all over the place. I wasn't a royalist by any stretch but it was hard not to get swept up in the general euphoria of the moment. I probably put on half a stone stuffing my face with pies and trifle. I was given a pair of silver jubilee crowns (25p) which might be worth something now.

• Like 1

I was 14 in '77, and went to a party. Things like that are a bit like Christmas celebrations to me - i.e. it's a happy holiday but I've usually disassociated the partying in my mind from the reason behind it. (Well with Christmas, even if you're a fervent believer, I think it's common knowledge that the date is a Pagan hijack job in celebration of Yule).

I plan attending my brother's BBQ, in celebration of being off work, dry weather and grilled meat (not cacti or locusts or any of the similar prescribed delicacies). Regina and all her kin can boil their heads for me, with or without their crowns on. 🙂 

• Like 1

I can't find the news article any more,  but i saw that somewhere in Yorkshire they are lighting a beacon at 661 foot .. If the beacon was 5 foot tall , would make a very specific height to be lighting a beacon in honor of the queen.

• Like 4

Jesus, this is going to be utterly unbearable. I hope somehow it isn't as "celebratory" as the media will insist on presenting it.

12 months ago we were all told to be terrified on anyone near us. Stay indoors, do not dare to enjoy a damn thing. BE AFRAID. With a bloody nappy on your face.

And now they want those same people to spend 10 hours mingling tightly at street parties. I hope it flops on its arse.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Jesus, this is going to be utterly unbearable. I hope somehow it isn't as "celebratory" as the media will insist on presenting it.

12 months ago we were all told to be terrified on anyone near us. Stay indoors, do not dare to enjoy a damn thing. BE AFRAID. With a bloody nappy on your face.

And now they want those same people to spend 10 hours mingling tightly at street parties. I hope it flops on its arse.

Time to rewatch this little classic:

• Like 4

If we think the upcoming long week end is going to be painful, imagine when E II dies. It will horrendous. Then Charles/William getting the hat on head show. If Charles gets it and he manages to stretch it out as long as his ma, there might be a Silver Jubilee 25 years from now. If William leapfrogs his da then there will be one, no doubt. No escaping the show. Unless flood or fire cleans this mess up. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I was 14 in '77, and went to a party. Things like that are a bit like Christmas celebrations to me - i.e. it's a happy holiday but I've usually disassociated the partying in my mind from the reason behind it. (Well with Christmas, even if you're a fervent believer, I think it's common knowledge that the date is a Pagan hijack job in celebration of Yule).

I plan attending my brother's BBQ, in celebration of being off work, dry weather and grilled meat (not cacti or locusts or any of the similar prescribed delicacies). Regina and all her kin can boil their heads for me, with or without their crowns on. 🙂 

2022 is another world from 1977. Back then, I was in my final year and it was an excuse for a piss-up and a bit of pageantry thrown in. London was buzzing and although the summer was not as hot as 1976, Hyde Park was one big party. Now, I couldn't give a toss and even if I was in the UK, I probably wouldn't bother with it. She's been on the throne for my entire life and will probably still be there when she's 100. Could be the last British monarch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

This ain't even the same universe as 1977 anymore, is it, let alone the same country. There is nothing left ofthat world except in our memories and on camera.

• Like 1

I don't know. Things are more openly corrupt but it will already have been planned back then - we were just not aware if it.

But it does feel like some people have said that we've somehow crossed a timeline into a different plane of reality.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MJBJ said:

If we think the upcoming long week end is going to be painful, imagine when E II dies. It will horrendous. Then Charles/William getting the hat on head show. If Charles gets it and he manages to stretch it out as long as his ma, there might be a Silver Jubilee 25 years from now. If William leapfrogs his da then there will be one, no doubt. No escaping the show. Unless flood or fire cleans this mess up. 

Why do you Brits keep paying so many millions of your hard earned cash to fund this ongoing retard-fest, into eternity? I'll never understand it. Must be cumulatively tens of billions by this point. If you keep paying these inbred arseholes, of course they will never leave.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

I remember the Silver Jubilee in 1977. What a hoopla that was. They had street parties all over the place. I wasn't a royalist by any stretch but it was hard not to get swept up in the general euphoria of the moment. I probably put on half a stone stuffing my face with pies and trifle. I was given a pair of silver jubilee crowns (25p) which might be worth something now.

This made me laugh, I remember our street party, it was the first time in my life that I won a prize for the sack race. Laughed my head off when I remembered the prize. It was a toy stuffed sheep!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DarianF said:

Why do you Brits keep paying so many millions of your hard earned cash to fund this ongoing retard-fest, into eternity? I'll never understand it. Must be cumulatively tens of billions by this point. If you keep paying these inbred arseholes, of course they will never leave.

It really is one of history's mysteries. A few twists and turns in the past explain things, but the saddest thing is how we are stuck with them. They regenerate like some fucking monster. A new fresh generation comes along and all is forgotten. 

That said, they are just the tip of an iceberg. Corruption and privilege is everywhere. Once we draw the sword to get rid of the monarchy, the scabbard should be thrown away. The USA/France/USSR did not go far enough. Monarchs were replaced by monarch substitutes. Anarchy in the UK. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Puzzle said:

This made me laugh, I remember our street party, it was the first time in my life that I won a prize for the sack race. Laughed my head off when I remembered the prize. It was a toy stuffed sheep!

At 5 I do not remember the Silver, but at 10 I had a whale of a time during the Charles and Di wedding Street parties. What a day. Boiling hot. Ants everywhere. Got tipsy for the first time. The only thing I got off the royals was a headache and sun burn. No sheep for me 🥺

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

This ain't even the same universe as 1977 anymore, is it, let alone the same country. There is nothing left ofthat world except in our memories and on camera.

Perhaps the 70s were the opening act of the world we are about to leave. The capitalist powers advanced at home then a couple of decades later the USSR fell. The world did start to get less solid in the 70s. The west went towards service industry over manufacturing. Consumerism went up another notch. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

I probably wouldn't bother with it. She's been on the throne for my entire life and will probably still be there when she's 100. Could be the last British monarch.

I reckon the queen will be the last monarch, they want to be ready for the bad boy to take over the world.

188394656_aunzz.jpg.b3f39ee66cc9e98c3d993a8122dff699.jpg

What a load of plonkers 🤣

One day to go - and we can't wait to get the party started! Model Red Arrows, a knitted effigy of the Queen... and miles of bunting: How Britons are gearing up for the big Jubilee bash

From hanging Union Jack flags across streets and gardens to knitting life-sized figures of the Queen, Britain has gone Jubilee mad. While official celebrations won't start until Thursday, the public's preparations are already in full swing with Britons up and down the country making quirky tributes to the 96-year-old monarch. A record 12million people are set to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee at street parties.

How Britons are gearing up for the big Jubilee bash with quirky tributes to the Queen

DF

Cinderhellor will go to the ball :classic_sad:

image_2022-06-01_062639786.png.f92b0364a596a4081e47ab82f4039305.png

Golden coach returns for Mall pageant: Queen's famous carriage is seen on streets of London for first time in 20 years at Jubilee rehearsal .