"A Company's Only Responsibilty Is To Make Money For Its Shareholders" - The Strange Concept That ATE The World

Truthblast

I've been seeing this more and more in online discussions frequented by American Internet users:

- Original Poster: "The selfish behavior of large companies is harming society."

- First Reply: "A company has no responsibilities or obligations toward society. Its sole responsibility is to make money for its shareholders."

I've been seeing this line so much online that I am assuming:

- Many Americans are indoctrinated in various ways to think like this

- And an army of paid trolls is posting this specific line over and over everywhere that matters

I personally find the concept of Companies not having any reponsibilities whatsoever toward greater society very very strange.

So people in society are expected to act responsibly, bu a company which is nothing more than a group of people working towards a shared goal somehow has no responsibilities other than making profit for "shareholders"?

Does anybody else think that this is a very very strange and destructive concept?

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 3:21 PM, Truthblast said:

Does anybody else think that this is a very very strange and destructive concept?

Yes I do.

I think/believe its actually worse than you think. 

Its my understanding, in the American system, business managers are legally obliged to put profit for the shareholder first and above all other considerations.

Even when it means breaking the law.

If a company director knows the company is going to perform an illegat action, where to blow the whistle would mean financial loss to the shareholder, the director must not interfere and allow the action to take place and then hope the authorities pick it up afterwards, and act accordingly. 

The director themselves must not act in any way that will damage the sharegholders return.

Its business ethics like this that allow for perversions of justice.

A few years ago, the maximum fine you could receive for dumping toxic waste in International Waters was $250K. So Russian boat owners where offering their services to Western companies to dispose of Toxic waste. Of course the Fee for disposal run into millions of dollars but to dispose of it legally would cost much more.

So, it was in the companies interest to use the Russian services and reduce their operating costs, it was in the Russian boat owners interest to provide the service and earn a few million and if they got caught they paid the fine and wrote it off as an occupational expense. But of course  they rarely got caught.

Thats good Capitalism in action for you. All the shareholders were very happy and I'm sure those in Government slept soundly knowing the system works.

It is peverse.

Capitalism carries its own seed of destruction.

Its very true. 

I can give more examples.

• Like 1

If you want to know more about the destructive seed of Capitalism, here's one example.

The Mayfair Set
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Mayfair Set, subtitled Four Stories about the Rise of Business and the Decline of Political Power, is a BBC television documentary series by filmmaker Adam Curtis. It explores the decline of Britain as a world power, the proliferation of asset stripping in the 1970s, and how buccaneer capitalists helped to shape the climate of the Thatcher years, by focusing on Colonel David Stirling, Jim Slater, Sir James Goldsmith and Tiny Rowland—members of London's elite Clermont Club in the 1960s. It won a BAFTA Award for Best Factual Series or Strand in 2000.

Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mayfair_Set

BBC iPlayer Link (see - they're good for some things!)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p073k9s0/the-mayfair-set

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pi3141 said:

If you want to know more about the destructive seed of Capitalism, here's one example.

The Mayfair Set
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Mayfair Set, subtitled Four Stories about the Rise of Business and the Decline of Political Power, is a BBC television documentary series by filmmaker Adam Curtis. It explores the decline of Britain as a world power, the proliferation of asset stripping in the 1970s, and how buccaneer capitalists helped to shape the climate of the Thatcher years, by focusing on Colonel David Stirling, Jim Slater, Sir James Goldsmith and Tiny Rowland—members of London's elite Clermont Club in the 1960s. It won a BAFTA Award for Best Factual Series or Strand in 2000.

Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mayfair_Set

BBC iPlayer Link (see - they're good for some things!)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p073k9s0/the-mayfair-set

+10 for Adam Curtis, really like what he puts out, i will put a link in the Adam Curtis section,👍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Every one should watch this one - 

The Lightbulb Conspiracy.

This one is close to my heart in terms of Conspiracies. When I was a college student I studied with a guy who claimed to have solved the Everlasting Lightbulb problem. He explained it to me, we used it as a college project and proved you could make an Everlasting Lightbulb - cheaply.

I have been certain of a conspiracy since I was in my teens (in the 80's) due to my interest in the 'Everlasting Lightbulb' and 'Water Powered Car' and surpression of 'Electric Cars' another one of my interests.

I started a thread on the Old Forum about the Everlasting Lightbulb - consigned to oblivion now.

If you haven't seen this, its Norwegian so you have to put up with subtitles but it lays it all out.

And if you realise, they was doing this 100 years ago with the humble lightbulb - what do you think they are doing now??

The Lightbulb Conspiracy 

Edited by pi3141
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, pi3141 said:

This one is close to my heart in terms of Conspiracies. When I was a college student I studied with a guy who claimed to have solved the Everlasting Lightbulb problem. He explained it to me, we used it as a college project and proved you could make an Everlasting Lightbulb - cheaply.

I have been certain of a conspiracy since I was in my teens (in the 80's) due to my interest in the 'Everlasting Lightbulb' and 'Water Powered Car' and surpression of 'Electric Cars' another one of my interests.

I started a thread on the Old Forum about the Everlasting Lightbulb - consigned to oblivion now.

If you haven't seen this, its Norwegian so you have to put up with subtitles but it lays it all out.

And if you realise, they was doing this 100 years ago with the humble lightbulb - what do you think they are doing now??

The Lightbulb Conspiracy 

Reminds me of that film The Man In The White Suit

tmitws.jpg.49f6c8495ac41845b6596fcb910e1832.jpg

Edited by sock muppet
found a bitchute link to the film
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, pi3141 said:

The Lightbulb Conspiracy 

This video explains the VERY REAL Lighbulb Conspiracy really well.

Its about the PHOEBUS CARTEL made up of GENERAL ELECTRIC, OSRAM, PHILLIPS, TEPCO and AEI :

1 hour ago, sock muppet said:

Reminds me of that film The Man In The White Suit

One of my favourites! 

They yell out at the end of the film about the supression of the water powered car.

They knew back then you could run a car on water. 

We have the technology, unfortunately unlike 'The Bionic Man' they are NOT going to use it or release it.

'Energy, energy everywhere but not a drop to drink' is my parody on the situation.

We have better technologies, we have numerous energy sources but we've picked the worst, most inefficient technologies purely for the pursuit of profit 

Used to be it was profitable to destroy the planet, now they've found ways to charge you for it, its profitable to save the planet. 

All the while shifting the goalposts and the whole playing field to keep you confused and their game going.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 2:21 PM, Truthblast said:

I've been seeing this more and more in online discussions frequented by American Internet users:

- Original Poster: "The selfish behavior of large companies is harming society."

- First Reply: "A company has no responsibilities or obligations toward society. Its sole responsibility is to make money for its shareholders."

I've been seeing this line so much online that I am assuming:

- Many Americans are indoctrinated in various ways to think like this

- And an army of paid trolls is posting this specific line over and over everywhere that matters

I personally find the concept of Companies not having any reponsibilities whatsoever toward greater society very very strange.

So people in society are expected to act responsibly, bu a company which is nothing more than a group of people working towards a shared goal somehow has no responsibilities other than making profit for "shareholders"?

With the proper checks and balances in place then no, as the company or any business venture are properly regulated to maintain a responsible moral approach particularly when it encroaches on the freedoms of others, but as we have seen over the last forty years or so the people in authority have blatantly abused the system to their hearts content and then to make out like bandits when the whole thing is destroyed in economic chaos, where the lightning seeds were planted in TOO BIG TO FAIL, and since they invert everything they say that statement should have been a huge red flag to those that pay attention, my thoughts at the time was no good can come of this, what we are witnessing is in fact a slow motion train wreck that has been crashing since 9/11 and has been planned that way for a long time before.

In a truly Capitalist system that has not been perverted, too big to fail would have gone to the breakers yard, and be done with it, but because of the immoral attitudes of the stooges we have been deceived by and elected into power and by other means like favouritism, nepotism and the hush hush club, this is the reward we get to reap!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Truthblast said:

This video explains the VERY REAL Lighbulb Conspiracy really well.

Its about the PHOEBUS CARTEL made up of GENERAL ELECTRIC, OSRAM, PHILLIPS, TEPCO and AEI :

Thats the one I meant to post!

I just did a quick search on youtube and linked the first one I found. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pi3141 said:

We have better technologies, we have numerous energy sources but we've picked the worst, most inefficient technologies purely for the pursuit of profit

If you can bang a meter on it then that is what they want, regardless of morality or efficiency, as high lighted by the injection scam, those syringes are little meters that they just lovingly stuck in the arm of those in FEAR, and it comes with a bonus of destroying the immune system so you get metered some more, what a nice bunch of narcissistic psychopathic monsters that run this shit show.

1 hour ago, sock muppet said:

If you can bang a meter on it then that is what they want, regardless of morality or efficiency, as high lighted by the injection scam, those syringes are little meters that they just lovingly stuck in the arm of those in FEAR, and it comes with a bonus of destroying the immune system so you get metered some more, what a nice bunch of narcissistic psychopathic monsters that run this shit show.

Speaking of "PUT A METER ON IT"...

Short film at 40 mins, but well made:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Truthblast said:

Speaking of "PUT A METER ON IT"...

Short film at 40 mins, but well made:

It was Tesla that inspired me to say bang a meter on it, on account of Edison and Morgan,👍

• Like 1

People have been sold the idea of 'real capitalism' as per Adam Smith, without realizing that similarly to 'real democracy' both have barely existed at all - in Smith's case its worse; his concepts were already impossible before he even wrote them down. As a subset of this, people have been sold many more fairly insane ideas that they hold as examples or proper representatives of their pure forms, when in reality neither capitalism or democracy are correct words for anything happening on this planet right now.

It's all gonna trickle down from the shareholders right? 🤣

There is a mountain of cognitive dissonance waiting to pop up when you try to explain this to most people, unfortunately. And at this point 'deregulate everything' is not an option anymore. I'm gonna go with getting rid of the psychopaths as the best first step once again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scott Kirkland said:

In the US these companies have human rights in court, Yet they never really get punished for breaking the law.

It's the blind eye philosophy of the funny hand shake club that worship a one eyed bandit.

Companies as people and all the legal shit surrounding that is an interesting subtopic to this one. Have been looking around for a couple of books that lay it out clearly, because as with most topics there is a lot of nonsense floating around that never gets to the core of the issue. I've started a list but it's not nearly finished yet, suggestions very welcome! Not looking to go 'full freeman' anytime soon but my understanding of all this is too limited, especially regarding how courts don't 'speak regular english'. 

(P.S anything good on types of law and how they function also appreciated)