Special Constables to be given power to use Tasers

Sky News:

Special police constables could be allowed to use Tasers under new anti-crime measures

The Paradise News:

UK: Cabinet drive to make streets safer: 17 May 2022

https://www.policeprofessional.com/news/special-constables-to-be-given-tasers/

Special Constables will be able to carry Tasers Home Secretary Priti Patel will announce today (May 17) at the annual conference of the Police Federation of England and Wales (PFEW).

Make the streets safer? I used to 'study' the accounts of their use in America, before they gave them to our police.

Apparently in 2012, the NPCC's predecessor prohibited special constables from carrying Tasers?

I read that Amnesty warned against this  but when I look at their website all I see is masks. Typical. 

• Like 2

Well if this isn't multiple massacres waiting to happen. No wonder the USA is trying to disarm its people. Imagine being approached by one of these peons and they point a tazer....if ever people needed a right to bear arms it is now.

Fun fact. if you suspect you are going into a situation where you may get Tasered wrap your body in tinfoil, yes i know it sounds ridiculous but its simple physics. electricity always takes the path of least resistance, the body has a higher resistance than tinfoil. 

Plus as a bonus the taser will almost certainly be damaged by discharging into a near dead short. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A taser or a 'stun gun' or tear gas or pepper spray are all section 5 prohibited weapons for the general populace of the UK ,now they want to arm fucking hobby bobbies with tasers ?

Who are they more frightened of? the public or themselves ?

2 hours ago, Itsjaybigjay said:

Fun fact. if you suspect you are going into a situation where you may get Tasered wrap your body in tinfoil, yes i know it sounds ridiculous but its simple physics. electricity always takes the path of least resistance, the body has a higher resistance than tinfoil. 

Plus as a bonus the taser will almost certainly be damaged by discharging into a near dead short. 

Or put a lightbulb between your teeth.for that "1000 Watt Smile"

🤣

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Brilliant Truthblast! They can't take our sence of humour (ok, maybe they can)

And can we afford to buy foil now 😉 

Gosh is it 15 years since we saw that video. Look how long we've been following this and watching it all unfold. If it wasn't for American journalists I wouldn't have known so much about it. 

Edited by Observations

20 hours ago, whatthefoxhat said:

A taser or a 'stun gun' or tear gas or pepper spray are all section 5 prohibited weapons for the general populace of the UK ,now they want to arm fucking hobby bobbies with tasers ?

Who are they more frightened of? the public or themselves ?

Why don't they just go full Mad Max and issue them with sawn off shotguns and leathers.

59b3f0ea29f40f8692e5a653953eb73a_w1200.j

On 5/17/2022 at 11:08 AM, Observations said:

Sky News:

Special police constables could be allowed to use Tasers under new anti-crime measures

The Paradise News:

UK: Cabinet drive to make streets safer: 17 May 2022

https://www.policeprofessional.com/news/special-constables-to-be-given-tasers/

Special Constables will be able to carry Tasers Home Secretary Priti Patel will announce today (May 17) at the annual conference of the Police Federation of England and Wales (PFEW).

Make the streets safer? I used to 'study' the accounts of their use in America, before they gave them to our police.

Apparently in 2012, the NPCC's predecessor prohibited special constables from carrying Tasers?

I read that Amnesty warned against this  but when I look at their website all I see is masks. Typical. 

Hmmm... I don't think the state is above anyone else, so weapons for all or none at all for me..........

How do they get this stuff into law? So that some humans are allowed to taser folks and others not? Crazy world.........

• Like 2

On 5/18/2022 at 5:29 PM, Itsjaybigjay said:

• Haha 1