What are you Dramming right now?

Not sure where to post this topic but this looked the best place. Having noticed a couple of posters mention having a 'dram' in the last 24hrs I thought it might be good to have a dedicated thread for what you are dramming right now. A dram is a measure of most often whisky or whiskey depending on which part of the world you reside. 

I realise this might be the only post ever posted on this thread LOL but who cares. Obviously I am not trying to support anyone's alcoholism and as the great Ralfy says "quality over quantity'. 

Right now I am having a dram of the Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye, mainly because I need to empty a few bottles I have had open for a while 😀. I guess this thread could also be a bit more light-hearted and maybe become a little bit of a virtual bar or pub. 

5 minutes ago, BornFreeNowAgain said:

Not sure where to post this topic but this looked the best place. Having noticed a couple of posters mention having a 'dram' in the last 24hrs I thought it might be good to have a dedicated thread for what you are dramming right now. A dram is a measure of most often whisky or whiskey depending on which part of the world you reside. 

I realise this might be the only post ever posted on this thread LOL but who cares. Obviously I am not trying to support anyone's alcoholism and as the great Ralfy says "quality over quantity'. 

Right now I am having a dram of the Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye, mainly because I need to empty a few bottles I have had open for a while 😀. I guess this thread could also be a bit more light-hearted and maybe become a little bit of a virtual bar or pub. 

Maybe you can keep your dramming in this thread then. That way the Mega thread stays on topic. All drammers and alckies can be redirected here ;-)

I don't drink very often - it kinda sends me to sleep.

But the whiskey I like when I drink it is Woodford Reserve. I only really like Bourbons. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Bob Marley said it best...

We drammin, we drammin, we drammin....and we hope you like drammin too!

😯

I didn't even know that's what he was saying!.....I thought "Jamming" was most probably it.

But I think once we learn the real thing being said it can be reheard to better match how we hear it with that benefit of clarification and as such when we go back to then overwrite what we thought we heard, we hopefully twig, like say how I mistook by pure guess in a Christine and The Queens song of the name "Tilted", it sounds a bit like she sings}} "emotionally good" but she doesn't, she ACTUALLY (yes exactly) sings "actually good" .... only just learnt that in last few days! 😅

Well, at least it's not unique in the sense that most songs I've heard (modern so called 'music' especially) contain something not recognizable, in the worst case scenarios, the whole track. I won't even try to describe what detritus type of music that could be, but of course by contrast Bob Marley is liked by everyone pretty much universally more than most other artists.. I have never been a super fan, but even loosely speaking, one can assume that safely.

Edited by TetraG

• 2 months later...

Having a few drams tonight... Kicking off with a Macallan 12YO right now and will probably continue with multiple others later 🥃 Clynlish 14YO, Laphroig 10YO and a Tobermory 10YO then onto the beer 🍺😀