Apple, Google And Microsoft Want To KILL Internet PASSWORDS, Want You To Use Your SMARTPHONE/BLUETOOTH To Log In

Websites would push an authentication request to your phone(number).

This sounds like a sneaky way of killing anonymity by tying ALL LOGINS to your phone number.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/05/apple-google-and-microsoft-want-bluetooth-proximity-to-replace-the-password/

The standard is being called either a "multi-device FIDO credential" or just a "passkey." Instead of a long string of characters, this new scheme would have the app or website you're logging in to push a request to your phone for authentication. From there, you'd need to unlock the phone, authenticate with some kind of pin or biometric, and then you're on your way. This sounds like a familiar system for anyone with phone-based two-factor authentication set up, but this is a replacement for the password rather than an additional factor.

7 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Damn, so using a burner SIM will be useless.

It says PIN or biometric.

They can't force biometric just yet.

Many people don't trust it.

At least I hope so...

3 minutes ago, Truthblast said:

It says PIN or biometric.

I know but is that just them weighing up their options or will the consumer get a choice? I don't know, but I hope not using biometrics is definitely an option.

2 hours ago, Macnamara said:

The simple solution to that is for everyone to get rid of their smart phones.....easy...job done

Never had one. The number of times I have to say this to banks, companies, whoever....y'know....there must be an alternative to offer peeps like me.

Otherwise I'll just take a pad and pencil into a cave somewhere and catch wild boar for tea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Macnamara said:

The simple solution to that is for everyone to get rid of their smart phones.....easy...job done

I for one cannot fathom why so many folk 'need' a smartphone. In some sports, when players are not engaged they are totally glued to their phones and taking scant notice of play. I actually feel sorry for those that have become so dependent on a piece of tech and are completely lost without it.

I reluctantly have an ordinary mobile phone - purely for emergencies - but was not happy with having to accept text-authentication to prove my identity on some commercial websites.

Having a smartphone isn't actually very smart.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Pre-Raphaelite said:

I for one cannot fathom why so many folk 'need' a smartphone. In some sports, when players are not engaged they are totally glued to their phones and taking scant notice of play. I actually feel sorry for those that have become so dependent on a piece of tech and are completely lost without it.

I reluctantly have an ordinary mobile phone - purely for emergencies - but was not happy with having to accept text-authentication to prove my identity on some commercial websites.

Depends on the smartphone and what OS you have on it, but I get that not everyone can put custom software on their phone though, and then there is also the concern about what data it's harvesting at hardware level.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld

On a slightly related note; simply installing Win11 on a new laptop has you jumping through silly hoops as well; far too many questions i would file under 'none of yer effing business'. Remember when all you needed was a serial number? Certain ubuntu versions might be compromised as well due to MS's azure ownership, but still plenty of greener pastures in the lands of linux.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Otherwise I'll just take a pad and pencil into a cave somewhere and catch wild boar for tea.

livin in caves ain't gonna wash with the masses

if we are going to offer an alternative to the corporate system we have to style it....we've gotta be offering something pretty cool but you know i think the latent potential is there in the millenial generation because they are a generation used to having no money and therefore having to be frugal

That new environment of austerity is a good seedbed from which to encourage new 'crazes' to flourish such as getting back to a simpler more wholesome life ideally offgrid and independent of the corporate system

Sometimes individuals or couples can manage that but where they can't the option of pooling resources exists. I once came across some people who were clubbing together to buy some land which they were then going to divide up so that they could each have a yurt on it and that way achieve something that individually would have been financially out of their reach

I also came across a group seeking to use some unused land on the slope of a hill to build a small earth house settlement as under the ground the soil maintains a constant temperature of something like 14 degrees centigrade even in winter so if you build the earth house into the slope you get the benefits of that natural warmth and then the glass front of the building would have been south facing to get the benefit of the sunlight. Unfortunately they were not granted planning permission of that development

Edited by Macnamara

9 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Depends on the smartphone and what OS you have on it, but I get that not everyone can put custom software on their phone though, and then there is also the concern about what data it's harvesting at hardware level.

the problems don't end there. have you ever held an EMF meter to a smart phone? The readings are completely schizophrenic. They spike at insanely high levels and continue to fluctuate in a really random way. I don't believe they are healthy to have anywhere near you and i believe that along with endocrine disrupting chemicals smart phones are playing a part in the destruction of fertility in the west because of the microwaves they are exposing people to

Then there is the problem that they are part of the internet of things and that the next generation of them will be 5G and will work through phased arrays that will gather and focus a beam that will then be sent to a nearby cell or a satellite which means that smart phones are going to be sending out focussed beams all over the place that will be passing through people constantly and if these beams are able to impact people in the cellular level they will damage people

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

the problems don't end there. have you ever held an EMF meter to a smart phone? The readings are completely schizophrenic. They spike at insanely high levels and continue to fluctuate in a really random way. I don't believe they are healthy to have anywhere near you and i believe that along with endocrine disrupting chemicals smart phones are playing a part in the destruction of fertility in the west because of the microwaves they are exposing people to

Then there is the problem that they are part of the internet of things and that the next generation of them will be 5G and will work through phased arrays that will gather and focus a beam that will then be sent to a nearby cell or a satellite which means that smart phones are going to be sending out focussed beams all over the place that will be passing through people constantly and if these beams are able to impact people in the cellular level they will damage people

Fair points. You can limit what info you feed the IoT, but let's be real, most don't. The EMF point is definitely a concern.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Fair points. You can limit what info you feed the IoT, but let's be real, most don't. The EMF point is definitely a concern.

''but we are the corporations.....we are your friends. The smart phone we give you is like a little friend you can keep in your pocket. You can trust us, we're the good guys. We give you coca cola and madonna and lady ga ga. We give you fast food and free covid jabs because we care about your health. We even put fluoride in your drinking water FOR FREE to make your teeth strong.....see? we're you're friends and that smart phone is good for you. You should definately own one and buy the latest and most upto date model and don't listen to those naysayers. They are just crazy conspiracy theorists. Who cares what they have to say? Look around you....everyone has a smart phone. You want to fit in don't you? Right? That's why we gave you facebook and twitter. See how much happier everyone is now that they have these tools we gave you?''

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

''but we are the corporations.....we are your friends. The smart phone we give you is like a little friend you can keep in your pocket. ''

''but that's just the beginning. We have got so many good things planned for you. Right now, as we speak, our scientists are working hard in laboratories to make synthetic meat for you in a petri dish! Imagine that! How cool. We are also building an entire virtual reality for you to move into. It will be so much cooler than this nasty reality full of straight, white male bigots. You've seen 'the matrix' right? Don't you want to be able to do cool stuff like that?''

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

5G and will work through phased arrays that will gather and focus a beam that will then be sent to a nearby cell or a satellite

Routers have been able to beamform for a while now. Called beamforming and is a fairly common option, doesn't take away from what you are saying.

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-wi-fi-beamforming-4171262 - many routers have multiple antennae and so are phased array already.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TheConsultant said:

Routers have been able to beamform for a while now. Called beamforming and is a fairly common option, doesn't take away from what you are saying.

lets consider a possible scenario....

We know that microwaves can at certain frequencies be used as a weapon to harm people for example we know that they are used by the police and military for crowd control. So hypothetically speaking lets consider that 5G frequencies could be used as a weapon.

In Britain the country is criss-crossed with castles which were built NOT usually to repel foreign invaders but in fact to protect that powerful person from the british people who that powerful person would squeeze with taxation hence the whole robin hood legend. The castles were a weapon deployed against the general populace

5G is a modern equivalent. Now in order for that 5G to hit a target it needs target aquisition especially to hit a moving target such as a person walking, cycling or driving around. SMART phones are located on a person and allows a person to be constantly tracked and monitored however to really zero in on a person the best thing to do would be to get an interactive smart dust inside the person so that they become a walking antenna that will always show up in the wifi 'cloud' of radiation that is being laid down in 'smart cities'

If you put smart dust in peoples food then likely much of it will be excreted out so the best thing you can do is inject it into their muscle as then it will remain in their body in perpetuity. Then if you hit them with concentrated beams of microwaves you can destroy their health in all kinds of ways for example you could cause organ failure or cancer and of course the affected person will never link their ailment to your invisible microwaves which then gives you PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY

The person dying of cancer will just reason that they have had 'poor luck' and will take to social media to document their decline to milk out those last few drops of virtue signal high before they expire

''that's crazy conspiracy talk mac! There's no evidence that the elites are thinking like that!''

well we know that darpa grew out of the pentagon and that they have created pills for people to swallow that make them 'smart' walking antennas so they are thinking along those lines:

Edited by Macnamara

7 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

Put an EMF meter next to a wireless router and you will never want to go near one again.

you can turn the wireless off but some routers don't have an option on the box and you have to go online to a specific website to do it. Then you can use a physical ethernet cable

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Pre-Raphaelite said:

Unfortunately I need a smart phone for security for trading - authenticator codes. SMS verification is not safe.

Other than that. I do not use the smartphone, not least for the reasons mentioned. But My hands go numb if I handle them for more than a couple of minutes - which is really strange! 

Edited by Mr H
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Macnamara said:

you can turn the wireless off but some routers don't have an option on the box and you have to go online to a specific website to do it. Then you can use a physical ethernet cable

Yes, you can do that with some of them. Maybe all. Can be tricky and beyond the average person.