WE ARE THE MANY...

4 hours ago, Pinkiebee said:

Well yes/no / maybe

Lives are generaly futile to be honest. Very few of us leave any lasting mark on society. Even less a good one.

That accepted what's the point of existance other than to keep yourself fed warm and entertained and possibly a few kids to pass on the genies 

Our society is reasonably good at providing the first three. And not to bad at facilitating the last. 

If you want to rise to a higher level of existance no one is stopping you. It's unfair to require others to join you if they really only want a few beers watch the football and a chicken curry

It does seem futile; depends who your current guru is I suppose.

I don’t really give a shit anymore; this place is a sick joke, so I’ll just ramble on til I don’t; all good.

I don’t require anything of anyone; when the zombies are dragging those of us down who don’t want to be dragged down, that’s when I get/got a tad irate.

i don’t know where you got your last paragraph from; and it’s pretty simplistic anyway; I’m pretty sure you know what I meant; I should say you’ve been around these boards a few times.

8 hours ago, truepositive said:

The shortest version possible; people have gotten dumber, and they moved into cities. In 1850 this would have been wholly impossible. However, i am convinced that we can fix it, more on that later.

No, ‘we’ can’t; as you say, the many have gotten dumber, who’d have thought that was possible?

This world is not worth fixing; and I don’t mean that in a bitter way; it’s just not.

On 4/17/2022 at 11:26 PM, Mr H said:

It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.

Samuel Adams

So  how many more centuries is it going to take?

3 minutes ago, jedidiah said:

It does seem futile; depends who your current guru is I suppose.

I don’t really give a shit anymore; this place is a sick joke, so I’ll just ramble on til I don’t; all good.

I don’t require anything of anyone; when the zombies are dragging those of us down who don’t want to be dragged down, that’s when I get/got a tad irate.

i don’t know where you got your last paragraph from; and it’s pretty simplistic anyway; I’m pretty sure you know what I meant; I should say you’ve been around these boards a few times.

People are being so judgemental of the bulk of the population for not ascribing to a world view similar to theirs.

There not fools or sheeple or futile or any other pejorativeterm you want to throw at them.

They are  just rats in a maze like you. Only the dead go free

Edited by Pinkiebee

1 hour ago, Pinkiebee said:

I 5think people are clutching at straws 

In all of human history there has seldom been a revolution were the many have overthrown the few. Mostly as the many cant organise it.  Sure they can organise a mob or a riot. They can kill people or burn things down. But when the anger goes so does the uprising and if they managed to kill the few another ruling class appears to take over.

Revolutions that could be viewed as successful have always been lead by the intellectuals.  Who can organise it. But then you get a new ruling class of intellectuals.  Who generaly seem to be worse than what came before.

Slow social change on the mantra of " educate, agitate organise seem to work best. That's why they want to shut the internet down. 

I agree with you up to your last paragraph.

The internet is more used for inane social media by vacuous, fatuous, obtuse zombies; those using it to educate themselves are in this case the few.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pinkiebee said:

People are being so judgemental of the bulk of the population for not ascribing to a world view similar to theirs.

There not fools or sheeple or futile or any other pejorativeterm you want to throw at them.

They are  just rats in a maze like you. Only the dead go free

May I just say ‘ Bollocks’.

1 minute ago, jedidiah said:

I agree with you up to your last paragraph.

The internet is more used for inane social media by vacuous, fatuous, obtuse zombies; those using it to educate themselves are in this case the few.

Well no. The " woke revolution" that everyone here seems to rally against is being conducted and controled by a small number of influencers on the internet. Mostly Twitter.  

It's the most powerful of tools. They are just better and smarter at using it

Edited by Pinkiebee

Just now, jedidiah said:

May I just say ‘ Bollocks’.

You can. I'm good with all feedback loops positive or negative. a five word critique may have been more useful. But you are possibly in a hurry

Edited by Pinkiebee

4 minutes ago, Pinkiebee said:

Well no. The " woke revolution" that every here seems to rally against is being conducted and controled by a small number of influencers on the internet. Mostly Twitter.  

Also being taught in schools too.

5 minutes ago, Pinkiebee said:

Well no. The " woke revolution" that every here seems to rally against is being conducted and controled by a small number of influencers on the internet. Mostly Twitter.  

Well yes; we won’t see eye to eye on this matter, and imo, it’s a waste of time flogging a dead horse - or polishing egos - so, enjoy your opinions.

Just now, Mr H said:

Also being taught in schools too.

It's being tought in schools because of the influencing power of quite possibly only a few dozen people on twitter to set up a hate mob if you decline

Just now, jedidiah said:

Well yes; we won’t see eye to eye on this matter, and imo, it’s a waste of time flogging a dead horse - or polishing egos - so, enjoy your opinions.

Cheers. I unusually do

Edited by Pinkiebee

1 minute ago, jedidiah said:

Thanks for the link; haven’t watched his stuff for a while; though it’s pretty depressing really, even while cringing and laughing.

Joey makes me laugh and cry at the same time. I laugh because it's hilarious how he takes the piss. I cry when I consider how much material he has to work with.

20 minutes ago, DarianF said:

Joey makes me laugh and cry at the same time. I laugh because it's hilarious how he takes the piss. I cry when I consider how much material he has to work with.

Not sure whether that’s a ‘like’ or a ‘laugh’...

🤯

• Haha 1

You might have been punished with 'overtime' by your teacher back in the days, and you may have also been in the situation where class would discuss boycotting said measure, only for it to fall apart because some people decide to acquiesce after all, giving legitimacy to the whole thing. In a sense that is exactly what all of this nonsense comes down to, and i agree with David there.

In any case, feel free to doom on, but in a months time you could be fairly well acquainted with basic NLP for example, and suddenly have access to deeply conditioned minds (it's better then throwing -info- at people, i guarantee). Or you could have started a garden. Or making music, or writing. Seems better than analyzing how fucked we are exactly and defining it in even more detail.

Edited by truepositive

6 hours ago, truepositive said:

Or you could have started a garden. Or making music, or writing. Seems better than analyzing how fucked we are exactly and defining it in even more detail.

To unfuck the situation needs millions of people taking positive action and that requires a serious amount of information to be assimilated by a serious amount of minds

On 4/18/2022 at 2:43 PM, Pinkiebee said:

If you want to rise to a higher level of existance no one is stopping you.

That is not correct. We are talking about a situation where the whole economy is being moved towards a lockdown technocracy in which you will not be free to follow your dreams

On 4/18/2022 at 2:43 PM, Pinkiebee said:

It's unfair to require others to join you if they really only want a few beers watch the football and a chicken curry

It's not that simple. I agree with mark passio that our reality is shaped by the aggregate of peoples decisions. So if lots of people make stupid decisions then that creates a bad society. If we are not going to be dragged into the technocracy it needs a lot of people to realise the need to oppose it

4 hours ago, Macnamara said:

That is not correct. We are talking about a situation where the whole economy is being moved towards a lockdown technocracy in which you will not be free to follow your dreams

It's not that simple. I agree with mark passio that our reality is shaped by the aggregate of peoples decisions. So if lots of people make stupid decisions then that creates a bad society. If we are not going to be dragged into the technocracy it needs a lot of people to realise the need to oppose it

Out of reactions Mac;

Im not as eloquent as you; thanks for the above posts; spot on imo.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 4:57 PM, Macnamara said:

To unfuck the situation needs millions of people taking positive action and that requires a serious amount of information to be assimilated by a serious amount of minds

Could be the case, so how would we go about helping this process happen?

I would argue that in a great many cases psychological work/ framing is required for 'pure information' (as far as that's philosophically possible, but different can of worms) to 'stick around' to any degree. This whole deal of the 'post-truth/ post-facts age' somewhat ironically coined by the propagandists themselves is very real. The world works on assumptions and emotions now, how prepared are you to deal with this? (hence my mention of NLP earlier)

2 hours ago, truepositive said:

Could be the case, so how would we go about helping this process happen?

some of us have been discussing this information online and offline for many years

by winning debates online and sharing information we have not only made the independent media more credible but we have opened up many peoples eyes to another side of life/the world/reality

That trickle has turned into a bigger flow but it needs to become a flood. What is the trigger for people to start speaking out and questioning the actions of powerful people? If people can't get angry about being locked down in their own homes and coerced into having jabs that are now giving people strokes, still births, heart attacks and blood clots whilst their children are being threatened with the jabs then nothing will

On 4/19/2022 at 2:53 AM, Pinkiebee said:

I 5think people are clutching at straws 

In all of human history there has seldom been a revolution were the many have overthrown the few. Mostly as the many cant organise it.  Sure they can organise a mob or a riot. They can kill people or burn things down. But when the anger goes so does the uprising and if they managed to kill the few another ruling class appears to take over.

Exactly ,you get ten people in a room and you can't even get a consensus on what they want for breakfast

21 hours ago, Macnamara said:

some of us have been discussing this information online and offline for many years

by winning debates online and sharing information we have not only made the independent media more credible but we have opened up many peoples eyes to another side of life/the world/reality

That trickle has turned into a bigger flow but it needs to become a flood. What is the trigger for people to start speaking out and questioning the actions of powerful people? If people can't get angry about being locked down in their own homes and coerced into having jabs that are now giving people strokes, still births, heart attacks and blood clots whilst their children are being threatened with the jabs then nothing will

I've been around the block, do miss the old forum a lot. While all of this has value, it is no longer 'just' an information war, it never really was only that. When i talk about gardening and making music that's not coming from a notion of 'hey you can do stuff to take your mind off the misery approaching/ relax a bit'. I am talking about these things as spiritual acts when the proper intent is there. If this really is a world of 'weighted consensual idealism' (difficult to formulate anything 'better' with words) which there seems to be very strong evidence for then it would be wise not to judge an activity by its simplest appearance, amongst other considerations. This could be a bookshelf (or library) to itself though so i digress.

The point is, 'throwing more data and evidence at it' is clearly no longer sufficient. If you want to have anything close to effective communication happening, it's going to take creativity, humor, unpredictability, but also at least a basic 'therapist-skillset' in many cases, psychological knowledge and so on. So we manage to re-enact 'Network', now what?