Reality Check Part 1 - Buried Cities, Robber Barons and Strange Fires

3 minutes ago, Pinkiebee said:

f they understood history and some of the dreadful things done to people in the past they may be able to see through it, but they dont

Why do you think that is exactly?

17 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Why do you think that is exactly?

Well I thought back on topic for one and secondly if they understood even the last 100 years of history it may occur to them they dont live in a benign caring country that has the best interests of its population at heart at least no one has lived in that country up to now. there is a fair chance boris isnt any different 

Or do you mean why do I think they dpnt understand history! For all the reasons I outlined above 

That's the problem with denying history. You cant learn from it if you dont think it even happened 

Edited by Pinkiebee

20 years ago .... people didn't want to know .... Tell them something and all I got was "If that is true, then I don't want to know!"

Now is just pathetic .... Take Shanghai (if it is correct as it would seem that much of 'alternative' information is also 'controlled) you have 20 million people locked down and many starving .... but they do nothing!

20 million .... no joining together .... no action against the 'state' .... just starve.

The biker concept of "Most people die at 25 but are not buried until 75" .... is correct.

Bread and circus is all they want .... "An unconsidered life is but a nothing!"

Young people don't even know if they are a man or woman .... and couldn't define either!

I watched an old man (and from my pov .... I mean old) walk along the pavement on Monday. He was wearing a mask. All I could think was 'How sad to end your life in such fear!'

But on Wednesday I was out amongst quite a few people and I suddenly stopped dead because I noticed something about myself!

I looked around again .... about 20% of the people had masks on!

But that wasn't the problem .... I hadn't seen them .... I mean that I didn't recognise them as 'people'!

I was literally .... well they could have been just part of the infrastructure around me.

They are already dead.

12 minutes ago, ink said:

20 years ago .... people didn't want to know .... Tell them something and all I got was "If that is true, then I don't want to know!"

Now is just pathetic .... Take Shanghai (if it is correct as it would seem that much of 'alternative' information is also 'controlled) you have 20 million people locked down and many starving .... but they do nothing!

20 million .... no joining together .... no action against the 'state' .... just starve.

The biker concept of "Most people die at 25 but are not buried until 75" .... is correct.

Bread and circus is all they want .... "An unconsidered life is but a nothing!"

Young people don't even know if they are a man or woman .... and couldn't define either!

I watched an old man (and from my pov .... I mean old) walk along the pavement on Monday. He was wearing a mask. All I could think was 'How sad to end your life in such fear!'

But on Wednesday I was out amongst quite a few people and I suddenly stopped dead because I noticed something about myself!

I looked around again .... about 20% of the people had masks on!

But that wasn't the problem .... I hadn't seen them .... I mean that I didn't recognise them as 'people'!

I was literally .... well they could have been just part of the infrastructure around me.

They are already dead.

Blimey you make me sound cheerful and I'm known for killing parties.

Yes starving people tend to just starve they dont have the energy to do much else. Hungry people on the other hand get a bit unruly.  You just have to kid them that help is on the way till they are to far gone to care

I've taken a vox pop during lock down. It was a bit of a self selecting population as the people who belived that the lock down was necersary and or working were not crammed maskless n a pub smoking shelter or sitting around passing a joint around in the church yard and to a man. They said this is bollocks.  Nobody actualy did anything about it.

Revolutions only happen when the intellectuals get involved to organise it and they were all happy on furlough 

34 minutes ago, Pinkiebee said:

Well I thought back on topic for one and secondly if they understood even the last 100 years of history it may occur to them they dont live in a benign caring country that has the best interests of its population at heart at least no one has lived in that country up to now. there is a fair chance boris isnt any different 

Or do you mean why do I think they dpnt understand history! For all the reasons I outlined above 

That's the problem with denying history. You cant learn from it if you dont think it even happened 

Ah, so is it denying history or buying a completely false history? 

Also, I again refer to my earlier post about the history books being tampered with, because as the saying goes, the victor writes the history books. So we cannot for any degree of certainty trust their timelines or their hypotheses. Sorry for the skepticism, it's just the way I'm built. 

14 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Ah, so is it denying history or buying a completely false history? 

Also, I again refer to my earlier post about the history books being tampered with, because as the saying goes, the victor writes the history books. So we cannot for any degree of certainty trust their timelines or their hypotheses. Sorry for the skepticism, it's just the way I'm built. 

Yes and all that's true to some extent.. but people are researching history 100s of years later and correcting the rubbish that was writen at the time.

If your of a " stolen history " every thing is a complete fabrication" state of mind. Except a mud flood obviously that happened. Then your lost. Really lost . Rather than I suspect this is bollux. Il find out 

If you want to spend the time and ussually considerable sums of money to read work by a number of genuine historians who have done ussually years of research. Who are clearly not being censored. then you get a volume of information you can interrogate yourself even if you disagree with them.  You always end up better informed.

It's a better way than just dismissing it all and claiming mud floods did it. Just some what more time consuming. Which I suspect is part of the problem 

I've agreed with you most school history.  Most popular history is at best wildly inaccurate.  That isnt however all the history books in the world

The truth is out there

Edited by Pinkiebee

26 minutes ago, Pinkiebee said:

It's a better way than just dismissing it all and claiming mud floods did it

Well considering you watched a fraction of what's presented, I think that's a bit rich to say that. 

Also, who are these stoic historians with with such reputations that you hold so highly?

As for access to this information, is that not for a small circle? Again, is this not surpression of information of we do not have equal access to this information? Do we therefore not put blind faith that what we are being told is factual and accurate? Also, these people don't get this stuff without it being funded, so what's their agenda? 

In addition, how many hypotheses have been re-written and revised constantly? Too many to mention? I'd say so, I mean they're revising history before our eyes. Like 1984 style changing the meaning of words like herd immunity. 

What's our Common bond truly? 

18 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Well considering you watched a fraction of what's presented, I think that's a bit rich to say that. 

Also, who are these stoic historians with with such reputations that you hold so highly?

As for access to this information, is that not for a small circle? Again, is this not surpression of information of we do not have equal access to this information? Do we therefore not put blind faith that what we are being told is factual and accurate? Also, these people don't get this stuff without it being funded, so what's their agenda? 

In addition, how many hypotheses have been re-written and revised constantly? Too many to mention? I'd say so, I mean they're revising history before our eyes. Like 1984 style changing the meaning of words like herd immunity. 

What's our Common bond truly? 

Well yes it's for a small circle of people who can use a referance library.  That is it seems an ever diminishing number or at least walk into a book shop and order it 

The internet age has conditioned us to a) want every thing for nothing and b) not actualy stand up.

There are 1000s earnestly researching every time in history and every major and some times really humdrum events.

The fact you dont realise these even exist really paints a picture.

Who pays them. Well you do. That's how book sales used to work before wikipedia

It's not blind faith. You pick a thing your intested in. Look for a book that actually names its source documents and then go on a journey of discovery as he or she guide you through the labyrinth.  You dont have to believe them or take on their version of events if you dont want to. But you can at least say this is nonsence and actualy have a cogent reason why you think it is.

History is really really fascinating once you get away from school stuff

The time line from circa 1000 ad to present is pretty accurate. There are thousands of contempary documents for most events, the nearer you get to the present the more documents there are.  Its  really what really happened and why that's the issue. The time line before that is very iffy. It still probably happened.  Just no ones sure quite when or why 

Edited by Pinkiebee

16 minutes ago, Pinkiebee said:

The fact you dont realise these even exist really paints a picture.

Right, it was fun whilst it lasted but I'm tired of the sly insults, ad hominems and preconceived assumptions about what I believe, especially since I've given very little indication of what o believe. 

17 minutes ago, Pinkiebee said:

The time line from circa 1000 ad

18 minutes ago, Pinkiebee said:

to present is pretty accurate.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Get Tae fuck. 

Just now, Morpheus said:

Right, it was fun whilst it lasted but I'm tired of the sly insults, ad hominems and preconceived assumptions about what I believe, especially since I've given very little indication of what o believe. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Get Tae fuck. 

Well you clearly didnt know there were stoic historian writing books and getting a % of the retail price. That was clear when you asked who funded them. 

It wasnt a sly insult so much as open mouthed astonishing you didnt know how book sales work. Well at least your better informed on book buying.