'Neighbours' (1986-2022) to be cancelled ths summer.

I have the misfortune of knowing someone who watches this total shite. This means that I catch the odd bit of what is going on, if I am doing something in the same room as them, when it is aired. I was deeply disturbed, a few months ago, when I heard the term co-parenting mentioned a few times. The context was two gay men, in a relationship, with one woman as an add-on. Why stop at three parents though, when you can have four or five parents? The more, the merrier.  

I am very much against same sex adoption as it is, due to the right of every child to at least have a chance of growing up with one mother and one father. However, promoting the concept of co-parenting is taking TV sickness to new heights, as far as I am concerned. The deviants behind it need to be banged up. Anyhow, I am left wondering, whether it is a good sign that this show has now been cancelled. As in, maybe some viewers switched off in recent times. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60599579       

'Neighbours: TV soap will end this summer, producers confirm.' 

Edited by numnuts

1 hour ago, numnuts said:

I have the misfortune of knowing someone who watches this total shite. This means that I catch the odd bit of what is going on, if I am doing something in the same room as them, when it is aired. I was deeply disturbed, a few months ago, when I heard the term co-parenting mentioned a few times. The context was two gay men, in a relationship, with one woman as an add-on. Why stop at three parents though, when you can have four or five parents? The more, the merrier.  

I am very much against same sex adoption as it is, due to the right of every child to at least have a chance of growing up with one mother and one father. However, promoting the concept of co-parenting is taking TV sickness to new heights, as far as I am concerned. The deviants behind it need to be banged up. Anyhow, I am left wondering, whether it is a good sign that this show has now been cancelled. As in, maybe some viewers switched off in recent times. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60599579       

'Neighbours: TV soap will end this summer, producers confirm.' 

When I was younger, I used to enjoy watching Neighbours, but I think that was mainly because of Kylie and Danni Minogue, and later Natalie Imbruglia.

As with anything, all good things have to come to an end eventually, but the problem with TV 'soap operas' is that there is no real mechanism to do so, script-wise, as its all so deliberately 'open-ended', one saga or storyline just rolls into the next one, and there's no way of getting out of it and reaching any form of conclusion, unlike with a clearly scripted series with a certain number of episodes.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Grumpy Owl said:

When I was younger, I used to enjoy watching Neighbours, but I think that was mainly because of Kylie and Danni Minogue, and later Natalie Imbruglia.

Yes, I watched a bit of 'Neighbours' too, many years ago. The person I know who watches 'Neighbours' also watches 'Casualty' and 'Holby City'. Just before 'Casualty' started this evening, the BBC announcer said something like 'Don't forget to tune in to the last ever episode of 'Holby City', on Tuesday evening. Blimey, another one bites the dust then. How disappointed I truly am! Come to think of it, there was a co-parenting storyline, on one of those two hospital shows, just a few weeks ago. I can't remember which show it was though. I only remember some guy saying 'Yeah, this could work', just before the episode ended.

I digress, but I have recently been wondering whether these seemingly harmless comedy flicks, were in fact early examples of the co-parenting psyop.

220px-Three_Men_and_a_Baby.png 

220px-Three_Men_and_a_Little_Lady.png

Edited by numnuts

4 hours ago, numnuts said:

Why stop at three parents though, when you can have four or five parents? The more, the merrier. 

the aim of the marxists is to dissolve the idea of parenthood altogether so that your child is simply the property of the state and is raised by the state and inculcated with the states values

Even now in 21st century britain we can see politicians trying to erode parenthood whilst expanding the reach of the state into peoples lives

This is terrible news. Please accept my condolences everyone, and whilst we're at it, here is something which might be useful to you at this distressing time:

Samaritans_Contacts_lock_up2_edited.png.db6cf7a488b51291a0c69e12d9eb3998.png

Edited by Ethel
  • Haha 2