Today's News Section

Section Today's News  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should Threads In Today's News Be Moved After 7 Days?

• Yes
    • No
    • 7 Days is not correct

May I ask for the members consideration of a concept regarding the Today's News section of the forum.

It is .... or should be for current, breaking news items.

So the concept is to move any threads within it which are over 7 days old to the correct forum section .... thus it will only hold threads which are relevant to Today's News!

So please vote .... and post your opinion.

32 minutes ago, ink said:

May I ask for the members consideration of a concept regarding the Today's News section of the forum.

So the concept is to move any threads within it which are over 7 days old to the correct forum section .... thus it will only hold threads which are relevant to Today's News!

In my humble and honest opinion, there are a lot of topics being posted in that board which are not relevant to 'todays news' but could have easily been added to existing topics on the same subject or posted in a more relevant area of the forum.

But I would welcome anything that can be done about this, otherwise that board is just a 'dumping ground'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ink said:

That might be a lot of work unless the news is very very obviously part of a specific thread. How about an archive news section that maybe is read only where they get moved too after a month? Stick them in month folders so if someone looks for feb 2022 etc it's in there? And put obvious ones into threads. 

24 minutes ago, kj35 said:

That might be a lot of work unless the news is very very obviously part of a specific thread. How about an archive news section that maybe is read only where they get moved too after a month? Stick them in month folders so if someone looks for feb 2022 etc it's in there? And put obvious ones into threads. 

thanks .... any thought is welcome.

The Todays News section needs some (lets say) help .... not much point in having a Today's News .... with a subtitle of Keep Up To Date .... if it is filled with old news or threads which have absolutely nothing to do with the section title! 

1 hour ago, ink said:

thanks .... any thought is welcome.

The Todays News section needs some (lets say) help .... not much point in having a Today's News .... with a subtitle of Keep Up To Date .... if it is filled with old news or threads which have absolutely nothing to do with the section title! 

The problem is, Today's news become an old news the next day. 😆