Jump to content

Today's News Section


Guest
 Share

Section Today's News  

2 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Threads In Today's News Be Moved After 7 Days?

    • Yes
      1
    • No
      1
    • 7 Days is not correct
      0


Recommended Posts

May I ask for the members consideration of a concept regarding the Today's News section of the forum.

 

It is .... or should be for current, breaking news items.

 

So the concept is to move any threads within it which are over 7 days old to the correct forum section .... thus it will only hold threads which are relevant to Today's News!

 

So please vote .... and post your opinion.

 

Thanks :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, ink said:

May I ask for the members consideration of a concept regarding the Today's News section of the forum.

 

It is .... or should be for current, breaking news items.

 

So the concept is to move any threads within it which are over 7 days old to the correct forum section .... thus it will only hold threads which are relevant to Today's News!

 

So please vote .... and post your opinion.

 

Thanks :)

 

In my humble and honest opinion, there are a lot of topics being posted in that board which are not relevant to 'todays news' but could have easily been added to existing topics on the same subject or posted in a more relevant area of the forum.

 

But I would welcome anything that can be done about this, otherwise that board is just a 'dumping ground'.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ink said:

May I ask for the members consideration of a concept regarding the Today's News section of the forum.

 

It is .... or should be for current, breaking news items.

 

So the concept is to move any threads within it which are over 7 days old to the correct forum section .... thus it will only hold threads which are relevant to Today's News!

 

So please vote .... and post your opinion.

 

Thanks :)

That might be a lot of work unless the news is very very obviously part of a specific thread. How about an archive news section that maybe is read only where they get moved too after a month? Stick them in month folders so if someone looks for feb 2022 etc it's in there? And put obvious ones into threads. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, kj35 said:

That might be a lot of work unless the news is very very obviously part of a specific thread. How about an archive news section that maybe is read only where they get moved too after a month? Stick them in month folders so if someone looks for feb 2022 etc it's in there? And put obvious ones into threads. 

 

thanks .... any thought is welcome.

 

The Todays News section needs some (lets say) help .... not much point in having a Today's News .... with a subtitle of Keep Up To Date .... if it is filled with old news or threads which have absolutely nothing to do with the section title! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ink said:

 

thanks .... any thought is welcome.

 

The Todays News section needs some (lets say) help .... not much point in having a Today's News .... with a subtitle of Keep Up To Date .... if it is filled with old news or threads which have absolutely nothing to do with the section title! 

 

 

The problem is, Today's news become an old news the next day. 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...