Driving could be banned on Sundays

So i work five days a week and sometimes on a saturday, which requires me to drive to different venues and then when i want to go somewhere nice with my family on my sunday off i am not allowed to drive anywhere....

it might suit work from home people more but what about allowances for people who need mobility for their work?

I can see them creating a two tier country as well with rising prices where only the super rich can afford to travel, eat, have kids, own homes etc

• Like 5

I work some Sundays and can't work from home, public transport is completely impractical for me to use due to my works location, how often buses run (especially on Sundays!!!) and the length of my shifts. Will be fun telling my boss I can't get to work, will the "IEA" compensate me for loss of earnings?  I doubt it. 

Just getting the public used to future lockdowns perhaps? Also could be to usher along the electric vehicle.

If you go with the mainstream view of whats happening in ukraine we are biting the hands that feeds us in terms of oil and the Ruskies.

5 hours ago, Fluke said:

Just getting the public used to future lockdowns perhaps? Also could be to usher along the electric vehicle.

If you go with the mainstream view of whats happening in ukraine we are biting the hands that feeds us in terms of oil and the Ruskies.

It's one of the things that have set alarm bells ringing for me about this "conflict"... we are cutting off our noses off despite our faces, with those "sanctions", plus Russia is now forcing payments to be made in Rubles instead of Dollars/Euros (they must of anticipated this). It's as if the Anti-Russia and Russia are operating on the same side 😉

Electric vehicles... Another complete impracticality for me, I can't afford one, don't have a driveway and can't park near my home most of the time.  How am I suppose to charge the damn thing?  Spend several hours of my little spare time waiting at a supermarket waiting for it to "fill up"?  No thanks. 

It feels like they will end up creating even more levels of a divided society of haves and have nots, it won't just be about money, but your ability to practically be able to do the things you need to do. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 1:22 PM, The itinerant shrubber said:

"Under a 10-point plan drawn up by the International Energy Agency (IEA), suggestions have been proposed to cut global oil demand by 2.7million barrels per day within four months." 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.heart.co.uk/news/motorists-sunday-driving-ban-save-fuel/

I'd like to know how they propose to 'enforce' this. 🤔

Will it be up to the police?

I guess that means that burglars, rapists and shoplifters get a free-for-all on Sundays, if the police are busy stopping cars and vans.

But to be honest, this is not likely to happen, its one of these news articles that utilises the "could, maybe, possible, suggested" wording just for a bit of social engineering.

As well as shaping opinion, the technique is also there to 'gauge reaction' through the power of "the comments". And also provides a bit of 'fear-mongering' as a sideline.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I don't know why they bother to guage reaction any more.

If a Princess hasn't died (coincidentally 🧐 while at it with someone deemed 'inappropriate' by the royals) there's rarely a natural reaction to be seen.

Just pretend offence at the drop of a hat, as per the programme.

Edited by Tinfoil Hat
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 5:58 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

I guess that means that burglars, rapists and shoplifters get a free-for-all on Sundays, if the police are busy stopping cars and vans

Well sunday is when all the pikeys come out.