Home Brew Dog Food

Luvapottamus

KIbble for cats and dogs are inflammatory.

But because they are agricultural feed, they usually have the requisite vitamins and minerals for the species of pet.

It's just really unnatural and the grains and dryness aren't good.

My most recent cat lived off just dry meow mix for 10 years or so. So it's not complete shit. He was healthier the last three years from 10-13 when I fed him better food hough. They are (the pet food industry) are trying to provide decent feed at a cheap price. But i's not very good. It's better than you'd expect, but not ideal yet.

My thinking changed about it when  I got sick, I started looking for foods that could help me heal from chronic conditions I was dealng with, and when that started working for me, I started googling it.

Are Sweet poatoes safe for dogs and cats?

Can dogs eat beets? Can cats eat beets?

There are things they can't eat, so always check.

Around year ten of my cat's life I was very focused on food as medicine, and I changed his diet by augmenting his food with my food.

He made it as far as 13, and he was robust the last few years then died suddenly...like a champ. THat's how I'd prefer to go out.....healthy healthy healthy then suddenly croak.

Either that or die doing something so stupid people laugh at the funeral. 

Let me now share my pet food/people food design tenets:

JUst now I fed my dogs this recipe:

1 cup steamed white rice.

1 can 13 oz can of salmon

1 large sweet potato(boiled)

a pinch of Hindian black salt sprinkled.

It's not a complete food for every day. I'm hoping for suggestions for other things I can add.

Brown rice is not better for you than white rice. It's harder on the digestive system. The reason we think brown rice is better is for diabetes. White rice is a starch bomb.

Starch is two sugars joined at the hip, so when you eat starch it's worse than eating sugar HYPOTHETICALLY. If you are diabetic.....my pets aren't, I'm not so we eat white rice.

Brown rice is promoted as a HEALTHIER rice, but there are compounds in the husk that ruin your intestines and cause celiac.

So I don't eat it, and I don't feed my pets brown rice.

Feel free to correct me anytime I seem wrong.

Fish. Canned bony oceanic fish.

When I was trying to eat my way out of chonic inflammitory disease, sardines came to mind first.

Healthy fats

Protein

Trace minerels only the oceans can infuse

Bioavailable calcium. Flash cooked fish like sardines, salmon, mackerel have edible bones.

So I started eating a lot of that, and I looked it up and fed it to my pets too,

It made me feel better and my dogs are doing great at 13 and 15 years old so far.

But there are other problems:

1)Potentialy there may be mercury in the fish.

To counter that I eat cilantro and lots of greens. That's supposed to chelate mercury. I do add chopped up steamed greens like spinach and turnip to the home me dog food but all I had tonight was kale and they don' like it. LOL.

2)It's IMMORAL to feed dogs salmon. People need it. I should only feed them the unwanted stuff from salmon operations.

This has always bothered me and I believe it's true. But I can't buy that stuff. Ground up fins and other rejects might be even better food if I blend it up so they don't choke on it. Lots of pet foods use that material, and that's a good thing.

3)Can I blend a better dog food than purina? I dont' think so. The kibble probably has a better vitamin and mineral profile than my simplistic creations.

So I feed them both. Just to make sure.

But they are happier and their poops look better when I cook it up than the crap I buy at the store.

Do you remember dog shit used to turn white in the sun before chemtrails?

In the seventies when I was a kid I'd see dog shit on yards and it was white.

You never see that anymore.

Why is that?

1)There is no CALCIUM in the soil eft so there's no calcium in the corn. None in the kibble.

2)Solar dimming. Chemtrails.

When I started feeding my pets canned fish their turds became white.

(afrwe being in the sunlight in the yard....after a while I saw white dog shit again in my yard from my pets.

I knew I was on the right track...

I never see whit dog shit elsewhere.

It's a bad sign.

Edited by Luvapottamus

Black salt.

I don't usually add that to dog food I cook.

But I would if it makes sense to do so.

I had never heard of it before I read Dan Toombs "The Curry Guy"

The Curry Guy Page - Dan Toombs Recipes - YouTube

I luv Asian food wanted to cook it myself. Check out Dan he knows how LOL.

I started with his The Curry Guy Book, I went around to all the Asian grocers with the spices list and tried to get everything.

Black salt is sulfur rich saltm I doubt there is a standard for what it contains but I imagine it's probably mined off a geyser.

The reason I put some in the dog food tonight is I wager it has trace minerals you cant' find anywhere else.

And it's safe to eat. If you need it you will absorb it, if you don't need it you will pee it out.

Or....you might need it but be unable to absorb it because it's fat soluble and you didn't eat enough or the right fats.

There was nothing online about whether black salt was safe for dogs. I risked it. But I only sprinkled a little bit about a quarter teaspoon over the whole dish.

I almost added some Himalayan pink salt too, but thought II should wait.

I have chelation concerns.

Dogs can't eat cilantro. I depend on cilantro PLUS chlorophyll to chelate mercury and other metals.

So I do feed my dogs some greens usually, they like spinach in small amounts, they like turnip greens. They don't like kale.

But without the cilantro I'm not sure how much good it is.

Thid is where you can come in and say I'm completely wrong about everything.

LOL.

It costs me $1.29 at least for canned dog food.

What I fed them tonight cost me:

$1 for the rice

$2,99 for the salmon

$1 for the sweet potato

Negligible cost on the black salt.

I fed them more than half of it, (the home cooking this batch) but usually it's one can per dog once a day for canned food. ($2.60 plus kibble)

Tonight I gave them extra salmon and cut back on the rice.

But I have breakfast leftovers.

Both dogs have been cooped up too long they needed a better meal tonight.

It's not immoral to try to have old healthy dogs. What you learn can help old (and young) unhealthy humans.

But I don't want to feed my pets fish people need.

Edited by Luvapottamus

On 3/20/2022 at 5:34 AM, Luvapottamus said:

KIbble for cats and dogs are inflammatory.

But because they are agricultural feed, they usually have the requisite vitamins and minerals for the species of pet.

It's just really unnatural and the grains and dryness aren't good.

My most recent cat lived off just dry meow mix for 10 years or so. So it's not complete shit. He was healthier the last three years from 10-13 when I fed him better food hough. They are (the pet food industry) are trying to provide decent feed at a cheap price. But i's not very good. It's better than you'd expect, but not ideal yet.

My thinking changed about it when  I got sick, I started looking for foods that could help me heal from chronic conditions I was dealng with, and when that started working for me, I started googling it.

Are Sweet poatoes safe for dogs and cats?

Can dogs eat beets? Can cats eat beets?

There are things they can't eat, so always check.

Around year ten of my cat's life I was very focused on food as medicine, and I changed his diet by augmenting his food with my food.

He made it as far as 13, and he was robust the last few years then died suddenly...like a champ. THat's how I'd prefer to go out.....healthy healthy healthy then suddenly croak.

Either that or die doing something so stupid people laugh at the funeral. 

Let me now share my pet food/people food design tenets:

JUst now I fed my dogs this recipe:

1 cup steamed white rice.

1 can 13 oz can of salmon

1 large sweet potato(boiled)

a pinch of Hindian black salt sprinkled.

It's not a complete food for every day. I'm hoping for suggestions for other things I can add.

Brown rice is not better for you than white rice. It's harder on the digestive system. The reason we think brown rice is better is for diabetes. White rice is a starch bomb.

Starch is two sugars joined at the hip, so when you eat starch it's worse than eating sugar HYPOTHETICALLY. If you are diabetic.....my pets aren't, I'm not so we eat white rice.

Brown rice is promoted as a HEALTHIER rice, but there are compounds in the husk that ruin your intestines and cause celiac.

So I don't eat it, and I don't feed my pets brown rice.

Feel free to correct me anytime I seem wrong.

Fish. Canned bony oceanic fish.

When I was trying to eat my way out of chonic inflammitory disease, sardines came to mind first.

Healthy fats

Protein

Trace minerels only the oceans can infuse

Bioavailable calcium. Flash cooked fish like sardines, salmon, mackerel have edible bones.

So I started eating a lot of that, and I looked it up and fed it to my pets too,

It made me feel better and my dogs are doing great at 13 and 15 years old so far.

But there are other problems:

1)Potentialy there may be mercury in the fish.

To counter that I eat cilantro and lots of greens. That's supposed to chelate mercury. I do add chopped up steamed greens like spinach and turnip to the home me dog food but all I had tonight was kale and they don' like it. LOL.

2)It's IMMORAL to feed dogs salmon. People need it. I should only feed them the unwanted stuff from salmon operations.

This has always bothered me and I believe it's true. But I can't buy that stuff. Ground up fins and other rejects might be even better food if I blend it up so they don't choke on it. Lots of pet foods use that material, and that's a good thing.

3)Can I blend a better dog food than purina? I dont' think so. The kibble probably has a better vitamin and mineral profile than my simplistic creations.

So I feed them both. Just to make sure.

But they are happier and their poops look better when I cook it up than the crap I buy at the store.

Do you remember dog shit used to turn white in the sun before chemtrails?

In the seventies when I was a kid I'd see dog shit on yards and it was white.

You never see that anymore.

Why is that?

1)There is no CALCIUM in the soil eft so there's no calcium in the corn. None in the kibble.

2)Solar dimming. Chemtrails.

When I started feeding my pets canned fish their turds became white.

(afrwe being in the sunlight in the yard....after a while I saw white dog shit again in my yard from my pets.

I knew I was on the right track...

I never see whit dog shit elsewhere.

It's a bad sign.

If you can bear to go on Fakebook, there is a really good group on raw feeding dogs called DogCrap (and also CatCrap). Fish is generally not a good idea for cats - not sure about dogs - because many types contain thiaminase (and there is mercury as you said). Don't cook the food (except oily fish) - that is not natural - feed raw. White poop is usually a bit too much bone for the individual animal - we used to see a lot of it because dogs were given bones to eat. These days butchers have to send them to landfill. You can def make a better food for your animals than Purina - which is shite.