Security guards 'with handcuffs trying to board P&O ships to remove crew'

Security guards 'with handcuffs trying to board P&O ships to remove crew'

The P&O ferry Pride of Hull in the Port of Hull, East Yorkshire, as the ferry operator suspended sailings and handed 800 seafarers immediate severance notices, saying: "Our survival is dependent on making swift and significant changes." Picture date: Thursday March 17, 2022. PA Photo. Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said his officials will be having "urgent discussions" with P&O Ferries as he expressed concern at the suspension of sailings. See PA story SEA Ferries. Photo credit should read: Danny Lawson/PA Wire

The P & O ferry Pride of Hull in the Port of Hull, East Yorkshire, as the ferry operator suspended sailings and handed 800 seafarers immediate severance notices

"There have been reports that security guards with handcuffs are seeking to board P&O ships at Dover to remove crew so they can be replaced with awaiting

cheaper labour. RMT general secretary Mick Lynch made the claims this afternoon. P&O Ferries said this afternoon that it had handed 800 seafarers

immediate severance notices. Services are to be suspended for the next few days, leaving travel plans and freight movements in chaos. P&O Ferries said in

a statement: "In its current state, P&O Ferries is not a viable business."

Bloody hell. Disgraceful, if true.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/security-guards-with-handcuffs-trying-6820558

Dubai-owned P&O Ferries axes jobs to stay afloat

P & O majority owned by United Arab Emirates company. Boris Johnson was in UAE and Saudi yesterday!

He must have known in advance.

2022-03-16T062644Z_1979851654_RC2F3T9HU4

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson inspects the Guard of Honour as he arrives at Abu Dhabi airport at the start of his visit to the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia [Stefan Rousseau/Reuters]

South africa model, of forcing out skilled people, and replacing them with people not fit to do the job, ie to fill quotas.

Will be interesting if media get to speak to any of these sacked people.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm getting the feeling this was planned with the blessing of the Government to stir up even more anger, division and despondency in the country.

These are slave wages.

"The new agency staff who will be manning P&O Ferries' ships are an 'Eastern European' crew who have been offered '£2.60-an-hour' wages in a move union bosses have slammed as being a 21st century recreation of 'slave ships'. Pictured: Workers are seen aboard the Spirit of Britain in Dover, Kent"

William Hague, DP World chief (majority owner of P&O) executive Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem (centre) and Prince William at Expo2020 in Dubai on February 10. DP has given William's Earthshot Prize £1m

55509675-10626489-William_Hague_DP_World

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10627951/Eastern-European-replacement-crew-aboard-P-O-Ferries-paid-just-2-hour.html

Edited by Golden Retriever

Posted (edited)

@webtrekker

Thanks to webtrekker for this interesting article on a different thread.

Interesting post on tapnewswire ...

Britain readies for war

Fri 11:10 am +00:00, 18 Mar 2022  

posted by Tapestry

Just had this disturbing link in from a UK friend who monitors Jim Stone’s website:

http://82.221.129.208/1/.tm5.html

po-214x300.png

"HIGHLY PROBABLE: Boris Johnson went to Dubai to be cleared to temporarily suspend 800 crewmembers of P&O ferries (owned by Dubai) so the ships could be used to transport military hardware across the English Channel by people who have security clearance.

The ferries were stopped today for removal of crew.

People are saying that’s because they want to replace the crews with third worlders, but you would not fire every last crewmember over that, something else is at play – probably a re-assignment of the ferries (which can handle tanks and everything else) (comment from Aldous)

TAP –  The same people might be rehired after signing the Official Secrets Act.

The endless pro-Ukraine propaganda is a sure fire sign of what is intended to happen next.

I remember meeting a Russian ‘engineer’ at Crewe Station many years ago.  He was taking photographs non-stop of the station’s buildings, signalling etc.  I asked who he was and what he was doing.  He said he was a Russian engineer and a railway enthusiast making a trip to photograph Britain’s railway system.   I think you can follow my thoughts which were the same at the time.

Even in my son’s school which takes children from aged three, you see endless ‘Support Ukraine’ flags in the carpark.

The writing is on the wall literally."

P & O Flagship – The Spirit Of Britain.

sob-300x200.jpg

Edited by Golden Retriever
  • Like 2

Definitely something stinks with this whole story - just starting with the 'sacking' of 800 staff via a cold video message, so they can be replaced by 'cheaper foreign staff' already waiting to come onboard.

It's like "they" are now blatantly taking the piss right in our own faces.

At least it is good to see that there has been some 'push-back' as a result of this, there are other ferry operators that passengers can book tickets with of course, so perhaps book with them rather than P&O.

And in the wider scheme of things, perhaps passengers could be encouraged to boycott P&O elsewhere, by refusing to book places on their (overpriced in my opinion) cruise ships.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

@webtrekker

Britain readies for war

posted by Tapestry

Just had this disturbing link in from a UK friend who monitors Jim Stone’s website:

po-214x300.png

"HIGHLY PROBABLE: Boris Johnson went to Dubai to be cleared to temporarily suspend 800 crewmembers of P&O ferries (owned by Dubai) so the ships could be used to transport military hardware across the English Channel by people who have security clearance.

People are saying that’s because they want to replace the crews with third worlders, but you would not fire every last crewmember over that, something else is at play – probably a re-assignment of the ferries (which can handle tanks and everything else) (comment from Aldous)

The endless pro-Ukraine propaganda is a sure fire sign of what is intended to happen next.

I remember meeting a Russian ‘engineer’ at Crewe Station many years ago.  He was taking photographs non-stop of the station’s buildings, signalling etc.  I asked who he was and what he was doing.  He said he was a Russian engineer and a railway enthusiast making a trip to photograph Britain’s railway system.   I think you can follow my thoughts which were the same at the time.

Even in my son’s school which takes children from aged three, you see endless ‘Support Ukraine’ flags in the carpark.

sob-300x200.jpg

I hadn't even thought of that. Could well be why.

Was the issue with the pension fund ever resolved. P&O's pension pot had a deficit of £146 million, and that was in 2021. Also, the cut 1000 workers from the payroll during Covid and still put their hand out for bailout money. Sacking and re-hiring is nothing new in modern Britain, especially when the new conditions are far worse than the old. M'learned friends are now looking into whether the sackings have broken the law. How quickly the government acts will be a barometer of how much they knew and when.

• Like 1

Replying to
I don’t understand how it can be redundancy when they are being replaced? 🤷🏼‍♀️Their jobs are still there they just want cheaper staff in the roles

She's got a point there.

I'd say that's unfair dismissal. Not following the proper employment law.

Apparently Putin is a major shareholder of P&O. If true, P&O wouldn't want to upset Putin therefore cutting tie with Britain. Make sense to me.

Edited by DaleP

3 hours ago, Golden Retriever said:

@webtrekker

Britain readies for war

posted by Tapestry

po-214x300.png

sob-300x200.jpg

P & O ships were used during the Falklands massacre I seem to recall, I remember a big load of publicity because the Canberra was sent down there.

So the reports of 2.60 pounds per hour for the new crew were exaggerated by the Mail for clicks I suppose, but

5.50 pounds per hour is still slave labour and well below the minimum wage.

P & O I read are giving their redundant workers generous packages, which I imagine most will accept, without taking

the matter to an Industrial Tribunal for unfair dismissal. P & O will be able to recoup the losses of the redundancy payments

fairly quickly, by paying probably a majority of non British employees 5.50 per hour

I  get the feeling the Governmnet knew about all of this prior to the redundancies, ergo the following headline is

just theatre,  and possibly suggesting to other corporations they can do the same. Everything is inverted.

If the boss broke the law, then he should go to jail, but will he?

'Are you a shameless criminal?' P&O Ferries boss squirms in grilling by MPs as he admits he 'chose' to break law by not consulting unions before sacking 800 staff, says he'd do it AGAIN and refuses to say if he could live on new workers £5.50-an-hour wage"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10646783/P-O-row-Boris-Johnson-overstepped-mark-claim-operator-broke-law.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Golden Retriever said:

So the reports of 2.60 pounds per hour for the new crew were exaggerated by the Mail for clicks I suppose, but

P & O I read are giving their redundant workers generous packages, which I imagine most will accept, without taking

the matter to an Industrial Tribunal for unfair dismissal. P & O will be able to recoup the losses of the redundancy payments

fairly quickly, by paying probably a majority of non British employees 5.50 per hour

I  get the feeling the Governmnet knew about all of this prior to the redundancies, ergo the following headline is

just theatre,  and possibly suggesting to other corporations they can do the same. Everything is inverted.

'Are you a shameless criminal?' P&O Ferries boss squirms in grilling by MPs as he admits he 'chose' to break law by not consulting unions before sacking 800 staff, says he'd do it AGAIN and refuses to say if he could live on new workers £5.50-an-hour wage"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10646783/P-O-row-Boris-Johnson-overstepped-mark-claim-operator-broke-law.html

...possibly suggesting to other corporations they can do the same.

Perhaps a precedent has been set - deliberately so and without severe repercussion - for exactly that. There are millions of jobs that could be filled by Ukrainians, other East Europeans and countless Africans. The security industry is already filled with a huge proportion of Africans, so why not the hospitality, all manual labour industries and anything else that just requires a working body? 

This could be replicated across the whole nation (and Europe) as a prelude to a universal social credit system. Sure, there will be cars set on fire in France and the like but if sold as for the greater good, then the majority will accept it. Indeed, they could engineer yet another fake pandemic or have the 'Russians' dropping dirty bombs before telling us that it is either a universal social credit system of starvation as governments seek to rebuild out of the ashes of society.

I feel that this P&O palaver could be a testing strip similar to the Covid palaver.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Golden Retriever said:

I have just watched the Guardian News excerpts from the House of Commons Committee grilling of P&O boss Peter Hebblethewaite, and this affair seems to me to have the stench of engineered outrage with the P&O boss feigning a contrite demeanour.

One ulterior motive I can think of behind these events may be an agenda to undermine the travel industry with the elimination of global shipping (and flying), in favour of high speed electric trains, in a bid to achieve "absolute zero" emissions whilst realising the vision of a Hunger Games society.

I posted about this before having found a report compiled by government think tank UK FIRES examining how to achieve zero emissions by 2050. This was later picked up by Christian, Ice Age Farmer, in his 'Absolute Slavery' video which I have also linked to below.

• Like 2

They are also wholesale replacing white american IT workers in silicon valley with chinese It workers

One way the mega corporations socially engineer our countries is by employing foreign labour and then offering them jobs in various parts of Britain

You can go to a petrol station in the middle of the scottish highlands and the person who serves you will be......not from the highlands

By this method they move people around and inject people into new areas. This is all to make the population 'diverse' which is to say LESS british so that they become a rootless mass of people with no definable and cohesive identity that can then more easily be lumped together as citizens of a global government

No thought is given as to what impact that has on regional culture and identity

Its not like you can even be upset with the migrants themselves because they are simply trying to find work in an increasingly uncertain global market. But that doesn't help us, the british people who are being gradually replaced and surplanted

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

I have just watched the Guardian News excerpts from the House of Commons Committee grilling of P&O boss Peter Hebblethewaite, and this affair seems to me to have the stench of engineered outrage with the P&O boss feigning a contrite demeanour.

One ulterior motive I can think of behind these events may be an agenda to undermine the travel industry with the elimination of global shipping (and flying), in favour of high speed electric trains, in a bid to achieve "absolute zero" emissions whilst realising the vision of a Hunger Games society.

Well they organised that public "grilling" very quickly indeed.

• Like 3

I am also one of those who thinks that there may be more at play here, than cost cutting. If not for a military reason, then could it possibly be to do with wanting to ship a load of the PTB's GB-based associates over to Ireland at short notice, or something like that? As in, just in advance of a serious conflict or 'natural' disaster. Wild speculation.