The Virtue Signalling Thread

Virtue-signalling combined with new levels of stupidity/ignorance...

Putin barred from Stourbridge pub as boozer sells off vodka in aid of Ukraine

A sign inside the pub

A pub has shown Vladimir Putin the 'middle finger' and barred the Russian president while declaring it will sell off its vodka in aid of Ukraine. The Red Lion, in Stourbridge, said it will sell its remaining stock of Stolichnaya to benefit the UNICEF Ukraine after Russia invaded the country.

The Brettell Lane-based pub made a Facebook post saying it was prepared to no longer stock Russian vodka. Rather than simply tipping it down the sink, however, the pub said it would help Ukraine by donating proceeds from the vodka sales to the country.

From: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/putin-barred-stourbridge-pub-boozer-23286456

Stunning and brave! I'm sure Putin is pretty disappointed he's not welcome in this Stourbridge pub.

However the landlord did make himself look a bit foolish though.

Landlord Philip Guy said he has since realised that the Stolichnaya vodka is actually a Latvian brand and he will continue to sell it. But he will still carry out the charitable gesture and send all proceeds from the current stock to UNICEF.

Mr Guy told BlackCountryLive: "We are still going to stock the Stolichnaya, because it is unfair on Latvia, obviously. But from all of the stock, I am still going to honour what I am doing and give all of the money to UNICEF Ukraine.

"I just wanted to be charitable but I got a bit of backlash from it (for saying the vodka was Russian). I'm still going to stock the vodka because it is not Russian, it is Latvian.

😆

Now I don't know how much this Latvian vodka costs per bottle, but his pricing doesn't seem very 'charitable' to me:

The Red Lion will charge £5 for single shots with a mixed drink and £7 for a double. Cash from the proceeds will go to UNICEF Ukraine.

And the punters won't bat an eyelid at those prices, because in their virtuous minds they are "doing a good thing".

Now I have read elsewhere about pubs and restaurants refusing to stock vodka, and even tipping the stuff down the drain, yet how many people actually realise where most vodka is made?

I don't buy vodka myself very often, but previously I've had at home Tesco's own "Imperial Russian Vodka", and I currently have some Glen's Vodka (classy I know), both of which are actually produced in Scotland.

So you can virtue-signal all you like, pouring your vodka down the toilet while sticking two fingers up at Putin, yet sadly most "Russian" vodka sold over here is made in the UK or elsewhere in the EU (places like Latvia for example!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

il_680x540.302260163.jpg

odd fellows masonic late 19th c fist bump pin brooch litho secret handshake

President-Volodymyr-Zelensky-of-Ukraine-

1b97893f330f013283b392cc17aada47Y29udGVu

20210614-153959-2-1920x1280we-1-646x431.

44209117-0-image-a-62_1623682859376.jpg

Ive been thinking about the NATO/ OTAN  insignia a lot lately.

Do you or anyone else know anything more about all this ?

8 minutes ago, MarcusOmouse said:

Ive been thinking about the NATO/ OTAN  insignia a lot lately.

Do you or anyone else know anything more about all this ?

if you look at the NATO star and shift your focus to look only at the black part of it, what other famous symbol does it remind you of?

nato-7-logo-png-transparent.png

8 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

if you look at the NATO star and shift your focus to look only at the black part of it, what other famous symbol does it remind you of?

18May07 - Paul Hausser's quote that NATO was formed from the International brigades of the SS

http://www.bilderberg.org/hausser.jpgWho was Paul Hausser? Initial enquiries reveal the following:

What an interesting person! Almost all literature by and about him is in the German language.

Paul Hausser was a real writer, publishing serious propaganda about "SS-soldiers are soldiers like any other soldiers". He has six books in the German National Library and at the the Institut in Munich. He spent his energies justifying and legitimizing the "Waffen-SS" till his death 1972.

His title "general oberst" is equvivalent to Brigadier-Colonel or Colonel-General. In 1945 he was promoted General of Staff of Nazi-Germany's Upper Rhine Army. In the meantime he also was still Colonel General of the "Waffen-SS".

After end of WW II he came into American captivity as POW and was released rather quickly in 1949.

In 1951 Paul Hausser together with Felix Steiner, Josef Dietrich and Kurt Meyer founded the auxiliary community on mutuality of former members of the Waffen-SS. The goal of this organisation was to equalize and defend members of the Waffen-SS with soldiers of the regular Armed Forces and by doing so trying to legalize and rehabilitate the reputation of the Waffen-SS.

That is a very tricky issue when you think about Blackwater and other PMC's...

Anyway in addition to his semi-political and lobbying he wrote some auto-biographically books, in order to justify himself and his activities.

PS: a signed book of his was sold recently for almost $700 USD.

NATO's Secret Armies: Operation Gladio and Terrorism in Western Europe

Daniele Ganser

Published on December 22, 2004

Published by Frank Cass Publishers

Hardback ISBN: 0714656070

Paperback ISBN: 0714685003

Synopsis

The CIA and the British secret service MI6, in collaboration with the military alliance NATO and European military secret services set up a network of clandestine anticommunist armies in Western Europe after World War II. The secret soldiers were trained on remote islands in the Mediterranean and in unorthodox warfare centers in England and in the United States by the Green Berets and SAS Special Forces.

The network was armed with explosives, machine guns and high-tech communication equipment hidden in underground bunkers and secret arms caches in forests and mountain meadows. In some countries the secret army linked up with right-wing terrorist who in a secret war engaged in political manipulation, harrassement of left wing parties, massacres, coup 'Etats and torture.

Codenamed "Gladio" ('the sword'), the Italian secret army was exposed in 1990 by Italian Prime Minister Giulio Andreotti to the Italian Senate, whereupon the press spoke of "The best kept, and most damaging, political-military secret since World War II" (Observer, 18. November 1990) and observed that "The story seems straight from the pages of a political thriller." (The Times, November 19, 1990).

Ever since, so-called 'stay-behind' armies of NATO have also been discovered in France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxemburg, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Austria, Greece and Turkey.

They were internationally coordinated by the Pentagon and NATO and had their last known meeting in the NATO-linked Allied Clandestine Committee (ACC) in Brussels in October 1990.

http://www.bilderberg.org/nato.gifThe Pentagon's Peace Games Centre

by Miles Copeland (CIA station chief during the Suez crisis)

The Armchair Strategist's Introduction to THE GAME OF NATIONS

This article, by an ex-CIA station chief, accompanied copies of the Waddingtons board game 'Game of Nations' and gives a timely insight into the United States' administration's view of war as a game.

"super experts under contract to the United States Government 'gamed out' international trends and crises to predict their outcome. With the benefit of information teletyped hourly from the State Department, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon, and other American government agencies, teams `representing' the various countries"

The first prerequisite for winning a game is to know that you're in one

One freezing afternoon in early 1956, word got around Washington that a 'limpet,' an electric transmitting device, had been found under the conference table in an important State Department Office. It was a Friday, and government employees were anxious to get away early, especially since the sky was threatening snow, but orders went out that skeleton staffs were to remain on duty in those offices containing secret information so as to be on hand while security men 'swept' the offices in a search for more of these devices. This was a major scare. The limpet, no larger than a double matchbox and requiring no wires, could in seconds be stuck under any desk by a charwoman, a workman, or any one of a dozen other categories of employees who are given only light security checks.

The U.S. Government's interdepartmental "Peace Games Centre" (working hours 5-30 p.m. to midnight) was swept at about eight in the evening, when the `early meeting' was just breaking up and its participants, some of them in dinner dress, were looking out of the twelfth floor window at the stream of cars pouring down Connecticut Avenue, and wondering how they were going to make their respective Georgetown parties. The later arrivals, who were to keep the 'board' until midnight, were removing their coats and rolling up their sleeves, ready for a rough evening. The security sweep took an hour. Nothing was found, but so long as the possibility lasted we amused ourselves with the thought of what some foreign intelligence service might make of its gleanings from a microphone placed under that particular conference table.

Conversation going into the 'limpet' would include snatches such as these: 'Has anyone checked these with the Kremlin boys?' . . . 'Where the hell is de Gaulle? He should have been here an hour ago' . . . 'We could lose half of Europe before Tito figures out how he should react to Nasser's Moscow visit.' Monitors picking up the transmission could hardly have known that 'Tito' wore a Brooks &others suit, a crew haircut, and a button-down collar. 'De Gaulle' could have been Peter Sellars; 'Anthony Eden,' Sidney Greenstreet. 'Konrad Adenauer' was a remarkably pretty girl who wore her hair straight and tied into a bun, and hid behind horn rimmed glasses. The `boys from the Kremlin,' arriving later carrying expensive leather attaché cases, could have been the Yale Choir about to register at the Statler Hotel for a football weekend.

The foreign agents would have been eavesdropping on what was known as the `Peace Game,' years later to be travestied in Report from Iron Mountain. In this little known `Games Centre' a carefully selected assortment of super experts under contract to the United States Government 'gamed out' international trends and crises to predict their outcome. With the benefit of information teletyped hourly from the State Department, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon, and other American government agencies, teams `representing' the various countries of the world assessed their respective positions, worked out solutions, and took action - notionally, of course. 'Action' was in the form of a memorandum stating what this or that 'player' thought the real Tito, de Gaulle or Nasser would really do under the approximate circumstances - or, more usually, a set of alternatives of which each had its 'probability priority.' These actions were fed back into the stream of incoming information either by putting them into the computer or, in cases where the purely personal element was especially strong, onto the desks of players who had been drilled in the personal characteristics of world leaders who would be most affected were the action real.

Rules of the Game were simple:

First moral judgements are relevant only when they are in accord with the recognised moral standards of the various countries in the Game. Our own moral standards applied only when we were predicting what our own government's actions and counteractions would be. 'Good is good, and bad is bad wherever you go,' a famous churchman once said. Such thinking was not allowed in the Game. We spent a lot of time trying to identify what the moral background of a national leader's actions really was (as opposed to what the nation's politicians, religious leaders, and newspapers said it was) and we let it go at that. We didn't label it 'good' or 'bad.'

read on here http://www.bilderberg.org/nato.htm

Schoolgirl pens desperate message to Vladimir Putin and urges him to stop war in Ukraine

In impressive prose, she warned Putin not to start another global conflict

Dismayed by the fighting, 11-year-old Juliet Walker decided to write to Mr Putin

A talented schoolgirl has penned an emotional letter to Vladimir Putin urging him to halt his invasion of Ukraine. Scores of innocent civilians have died after he ordered troops into the country on February 24.

Dismayed by the fighting, 11-year-old Juliet Walker decided to write to the Russian President. In impressive prose, she spelt out the case for ending the incursion and warned him not to become the next 'Adolf Hitler'.

She wrote: "Recently I have been hearing about the Ukraine crisis. I truly admire how you want to help your country by bringing them more power. However, I believe that those native to Ukraine, and all other places, have the right to democratically run their countries."

The 11-year-old from Staffordshire told of her worry that the Ukraine invasion could morph into something much more sinister. Juliet went on: "I live in England. I also live in constant fear that our home could be on your conquer list."

Juliet who is currently in Year 6, said she was "petrified" and "kept awake at night" by the thought of Britain being dragged into the fighting.

From: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/schoolgirl-pens-desperate-message-vladimir-23300003

Well, that's all it needed, a well-written letter from a school-girl is all it needs to 'stop Putin'.

Donald Trump 'offered Julian Assange a pardon if he denied ...

I feel sorry for this girl actually, as she doesn't really understand what is actually happening over there. (and I'm not pretending to know everything myself).

Good luck getting that letter to Mr Putin though, as Royal Mail have now suspended postal services to both Russia and Ukraine.

But there must be other ways of stopping this conflict, there are diplomatic channels of course, and then there is always...

Kerry Katona's 'Warning to Vladimir Putin' Goes Viral ...

Unfortunately Kerry Katona and the cast of "Loose Women" have been unable to stop this 'incursion' into Ukraine so far.

30 Best Laughing GIFs to Share

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Schoolgirl pens desperate message to Vladimir Putin and urges him to stop war in Ukraine

Dismayed by the fighting, 11-year-old Juliet Walker decided to write to Mr Putin

From: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/schoolgirl-pens-desperate-message-vladimir-23300003

Well, that's all it needed, a well-written letter from a school-girl is all it needs to 'stop Putin'.

I feel sorry for this girl actually, as she doesn't really understand what is actually happening over there. (and I'm not pretending to know everything myself).

Good luck getting that letter to Mr Putin though, as Royal Mail have now suspended postal services to both Russia and Ukraine.

But there must be other ways of stopping this conflict, there are diplomatic channels of course, and then there is always...

Unfortunately Kerry Katona and the cast of "Loose Women" have been unable to stop this 'incursion' into Ukraine so far.

Really ridiculous... like they're trying a little too hard, maybe?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

On 3/5/2022 at 7:42 PM, Macnamara said:

nato-7-logo-png-transparent.png

I was out videoing some local symbols and structures yesterday and noticed that the Foyle Port has a very similar logo to the NATO one. there are no coincidences. Everywhere is dark af.