Jump to content

How to cure rhematoid arthritis naturally?


Fluke

Recommended Posts

My joints ache daily for 10 years. Ive had blood work done 10 years ago and could not find anything. Now 28, i am starting to see damage little nodules on my feet, my fingers are locking, its usually a dull ache on both sides of my body. But especially if its raining i have a flare and its throbbing pain or sharp. 

 

Every joint aches my elbows on both sides, wrists, fingers, toes, knees, ankles, feet, jaw, glutes, hips. 

 

I have not been diagnosed but the pain is getting progressively worse over the years. Is it worth getting more blood work done?

 

My joints are hyper clicky as well ajd i feel the need to pop them every 10 minutes. 

 

I am fatigued and the pain keeps me awake.

 

Only thing i can think of is its a gluten intolerence which would be a kicker because i need carbs to maintain the little weight i have and love pasta.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Fluke said:

My joints ache daily for 10 years. Ive had blood work done 10 years ago and could not find anything. Now 28, i am starting to see damage little nodules on my feet, my fingers are locking, its usually a dull ache on both sides of my body. But especially if its raining i have a flare and its throbbing pain or sharp. 

 

Every joint aches my elbows on both sides, wrists, fingers, toes, knees, ankles, feet, jaw, glutes, hips. 

 

I have not been diagnosed but the pain is getting progressively worse over the years. Is it worth getting more blood work done?

 

My joints are hyper clicky as well ajd i feel the need to pop them every 10 minutes. 

 

I am fatigued and the pain keeps me awake.

 

Only thing i can think of is its a gluten intolerence which would be a kicker because i need carbs to maintain the little weight i have and love pasta.

 

 

Sounds horrible :(

Maybe diet is the place to start.

If you eat meat you could try a ketogenic diet consisting of only natural foods, animal proteins fats and low carb veggies for a few months see if it helps.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Itsa said:

Sounds horrible :(

Maybe diet is the place to start.

If you eat meat you could try a ketogenic diet consisting of only natural foods, animal proteins fats and low carb veggies for a few months see if it helps.

 

I literally done my neck and shoulder this morning getting out of bed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the test showed not sign of Rheumatoid arthritis....then it's something else.

 

By all means, try out the food route, but there are many other ways.... I can think of at least five different ways which you will need to study in your own time.

You've got to use your knowledge into practise.

 

One method I will ask you is....are you sleeping near a plug socket? If so, don't leave it in. Take it out before you go to bed.

Even if it's switched off, there is a current and you could be affected by this.

Since we have so many radiation about, you need to minimize. These things creep up slowly i.e. boiling frog that you don't notice.

As I said, and DI says....anything is possible.

Be grateful for this pain as it is trying to tell you that you need to change something.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You haven't attempted to seek medical attention in the past 10 years? Is there a naturopath in your area? Short of that, what does your own research suggest as to a solution?

 

Your title says it's rheumatoid but no diagnosis now, much less 10 years ago? I don't see how anyone here can help without your being slightly more pro-active first.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jjjamson said:

You haven't attempted to seek medical attention in the past 10 years? Is there a naturopath in your area? Short of that, what does your own research suggest as to a solution?

 

Your title says it's rheumatoid but no diagnosis now, much less 10 years ago? I don't see how anyone here can help without your being slightly more pro-active first.  

Those bunch of Wally's do nothing but give me blood tests 3 times and found nothing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DaleP said:

Since we have so many radiation about, you need to minimize. These things creep up slowly i.e. boiling frog that you don't notice.

As I said, and DI says....anything is possible.

Be grateful for this pain as it is trying to tell you that you need to change something.

Cheers mate I definitely have toxin build up. I was a heavy smoker until age of 13 to 26 it's done some damage I think along with God knows what else I was putting into my body. Guess I thought I was invincible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Fluke said:

Cheers mate I definitely have toxin build up. I was a heavy smoker until age of 13 to 26 it's done some damage I think along with God knows what else I was putting into my body. Guess I thought I was invincible. 

 

You might also want to look into https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heberden's_node

It says that it happens with women more than men but it seems to affect the joints of fingers and toes.

 

Another interesting point is that when I looked at Rheumatoid arthritis, other than hereditory causes,

Quote

MicroRNAs are a factor in the development of that type of disease.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheumatoid_arthritis

 

So shedding could be aggrevating your condition. I've been tested for Rheumatoid arthritis but mine came negative as well but I had a couple of finger joints flared up. I rested and took NAC and it calmed down now. Just something to think about.

 

Anyway, DI is free from arthritic pain, all is frequency and it's up to you to create miracles. ;)

Print out a radionic machine and try a self-treatment.

Also, I'd do a lot of cleansing if you know how to. You should know these things by now.

You type a lot in the forum and this is one way negativities are transmitted directly to you through eyes and fingers so no doubt you are in pain.

Put a filter on the screen if you don't do cleansing regularly.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CONvicted said:

In my experience the most efficacious and enjoyable pain medication is Tramadol Hydrochloride. It induces a mild euphoria that lasts a few hours. I take it purely for recreation. PS It is completely and utterly addictive so beware

Not gonna lie I only had one co codamol yesterday and it induced euphoria for me for about 3 hours lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My experience with rheumatoid arthritis.

 

I had a problem with my elbow. They treated it for all sorts of things for many years - steroid injections, pills, exercises etc. In the end they put a camera in the elbow and diagnosed rheumatoid arthritis. I was told it could do all sorts of things to me and I need to get monitored regularly and seek drs advice.

 

20 years on, I didn't seek the advice have not been tested to see if it has spread, I have deleted the thought that I have rheumatoid arthritis from my mind. And just manage the pain when it arises and just don't do anything stupid with my elbow. Touch wood lived a pretty normal life except can't go to the gym which I wasn't into anyways. I'm pretty sure If I'd followed the advice and constantly reaffirmed every few months via drs visits and tests for arthritsis things would have been worse as I would have been rehearsing for this disease repeatedly. 

 

The supplement I take for it is cod liver oil. Seems to help....

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi ,I use Hydroxychloroquine for 8 years , for 0.5 tablet per day,prescribed 1 tablet ,but now pain is become stronger espesially in fingers ,and doctor want to prescribe methatraxate ,I am not agree with him ,looking natural alternative ,currently have gluten free diet. It also helping me ,,Should i go use methatraxate ? Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was diagnosed with RA early this year - I also didn't have the factor in my blood, but it showed up on mri and another scan (where they put the jelly stuff on you with a scanning thing). they did diagnose hydroxychloroquine, I didn't take it (I wanted to try natural stuff first), but six months later went back, and it had almost completely gone in one (the least affected part), hand - so much so, the doctor got another doctor in to make sure - she seemed almost relived when she spotted a little that hand :D 

They could see signs of where the inflammation was in that and the other hand / wrist, but that there was healing - there was extra fluid in the areas or something. My ankles / feet are still quite bad, but again, better than before.

When I reeled off the list of what I was taking, she was interested, but say that if I took the Hydroxy as well it would heal quicker. I said I'd think about it, but seeing as what I was doing was working, I didn't want to risk it (I don't react well to pharmaceuticals / chemicals etc). 

When I was diagnosed initially, I'd started  a lot of the below - just because I wanted to support my mitochondria, thyroid and adrenals anyway (had taken those protocols in the past), and had noticed an improvement in the RA symptoms (there was a delay of around three months between the initial scans and finding out, as the tests had come back negative for RA, but the consultant sent me for an MRI just to make sure/ see what was going on, as my symptoms were quite severe and there was obviously something going on). The consultant said then, very carefully, that, '...some of those (supplements) help some of his patients some of the time...'. He had a student with him then - he was a bit more chatty about it the next appointment, and quite open - I was pleasantly surprised.

Still got a lot of healing to do, but it's going in the right direction :)

List is below if anyone's interested;

- Dr Myhill's protocols for Adrenal, Mitochondria & Adrenal Support (acetyl l carnitine, d-ribose, b3, b6, b12, vit. C, co-enzyme q 10, glutathione), see her site for dosage / directions / extra info https://www.drmyhill.co.uk

- collagen, turmeric w/ black pepper and other bits to help absorption, b1, starflower oil (haven't got round to a bone supplement yet, but going to throw that in also)

- probiotics - am taking a course every few months for one month (I use optibac atm - the 'extra' one)

- anti-inflammation diet - and avoiding nightshade family food. 

-  powders in apple juice a few times a week (spirulina / moringa / kale / brocoli / spinach / beetroot / inulin / lions mane)

- CBD oil

- maca and tumeric powders in coffee 

- homeopathic prescription (three remedies in one pill + constitutional), don't want to say which ones, as it can differ between patients and my mix mayn't work for someone else

- Traumeel ointment (homeopathic), comfrey ointment and CBD ointment on affected areas at different times - depends on how it feels / if acute etc.

- Chinese medicine - herbs one month on / one month off. And acupuncture - needling between my fingers (in the webbed bit), really painful / uncomfortable first couple of sessions (I've been receiving acupuncture for many years, and have never experienced wanting the needles out so much), but it works really well and effect on symptoms was immediate. After the initial discomfort it was fine, and back to the regular blissful zoned out float home state, so I'd bear with it if you try it. My acupuncturist said most people can't tolerate it, but I don't think they realise how much benefit it will have - I knew to bear with it because of previous results - and I've learnt the difference over the years between healing and damaging pain).

- Iyengar yoga - they do specific asanas for neurological / physical conditions, and a few tailored postures definitely helped. A teacher can show you, then you can do at home (they encourage you to practice at home and not be reliant on them).

- meditation - I do 2hrs a day (and have been for many years now) - reducing reaction to stress (and reducing stress as much as possible however I can.

RA's so debilitating. I don't know how much I'll heal. I doubt the bone erosion will grow back, but if I can just stabilise / stop any further damage / delay its progress as much as possible, I'll be happy. If it had continued how it was, I doubt I would've been able to continue working for much longer - I need my hands, and they were getting so bad and the pain was just ridiculous - and not being able to grasp / dropping things so constantly was getting really wearing.

Edited by ewok
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ewok said:

I was diagnosed with RA early this year - I also didn't have the factor in my blood, but it showed up on mri and another scan (where they put the jelly stuff on you with a scanning thing). they did diagnose hydroxychloroquine, I didn't take it (I wanted to try natural stuff first), but six months later went back, and it had almost completely gone in one (the least affected part), hand - so much so, the doctor got another doctor in to make sure - she seemed almost relived when she spotted a little that hand :D 

They could see signs of where the inflammation was in that and the other hand / wrist, but that there was healing - there was extra fluid in the areas or something. My ankles / feet are still quite bad, but again, better than before.

When I reeled off the list of what I was taking, she was interested, but say that if I took the Hydroxy as well it would heal quicker. I said I'd think about it, but seeing as what I was doing was working, I didn't want to risk it (I don't react well to pharmaceuticals / chemicals etc). 

When I was diagnosed initially, I'd started  a lot of the below - just because I wanted to support my mitochondria, thyroid and adrenals anyway (had taken those protocols in the past), and had noticed an improvement in the RA symptoms (there was a delay of around three months between the initial scans and finding out, as the tests had come back negative for RA, but the consultant sent me for an MRI just to make sure/ see what was going on, as my symptoms were quite severe and there was obviously something going on). The consultant said then, very carefully, that, '...some of those (supplements) help some of his patients some of the time...'. He had a student with him then - he was a bit more chatty about it the next appointment, and quite open - I was pleasantly surprised.

Still got a lot of healing to do, but it's going in the right direction :)

List is below if anyone's interested;

- Dr Myhill's protocols for Adrenal, Mitochondria & Adrenal Support (acetyl l carnitine, d-ribose, b3, b6, b12, vit. C, co-enzyme q 10, glutathione), see her site for dosage / directions / extra info https://www.drmyhill.co.uk

- collagen, turmeric w/ black pepper and other bits to help absorption, b1, starflower oil (haven't got round to a bone supplement yet, but going to throw that in also)

- probiotics - am taking a course every few months for one month (I use optibac atm - the 'extra' one)

- anti-inflammation diet - and avoiding nightshade family food. 

-  powders in apple juice a few times a week (spirulina / moringa / kale / brocoli / spinach / beetroot / inulin / lions mane)

- CBD oil

- maca and tumeric powders in coffee 

- homeopathic prescription (three remedies in one pill + constitutional), don't want to say which ones, as it can differ between patients and my mix mayn't work for someone else

- Traumeel ointment (homeopathic), comfrey ointment and CBD ointment on affected areas at different times - depends on how it feels / if acute etc.

- Chinese medicine - herbs one month on / one month off. And acupuncture - needling between my fingers (in the webbed bit), really painful / uncomfortable first couple of sessions (I've been receiving acupuncture for many years, and have never experienced wanting the needles out so much), but it works really well and effect on symptoms was immediate. After the initial discomfort it was fine, and back to the regular blissful zoned out float home state, so I'd bear with it if you try it. My acupuncturist said most people can't tolerate it, but I don't think they realise how much benefit it will have - I knew to bear with it because of previous results - and I've learnt the difference over the years between healing and damaging pain).

- Iyengar yoga - they do specific asanas for neurological / physical conditions, and a few tailored postures definitely helped. A teacher can show you, then you can do at home (they encourage you to practice at home and not be reliant on them).

- meditation - I do 2hrs a day (and have been for many years now) - reducing reaction to stress (and reducing stress as much as possible however I can.

RA's so debilitating. I don't know how much I'll heal. I doubt the bone erosion will grow back, but if I can just stabilise / stop any further damage / delay its progress as much as possible, I'll be happy. If it had continued how it was, I doubt I would've been able to continue working for much longer - I need my hands, and they were getting so bad and the pain was just ridiculous - and not being able to grasp / dropping things so constantly was getting really wearing.

Out of interest, where did they mri scan. My lady has an enormously high rheumatoid factor but other numbers low. In Italy She would be diagnosed as having RA bit here they don’t acknowledge this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/21/2022 at 8:09 PM, Fluke said:

I'm not going to lie I popped 2 codeines on Friday and I can see why people get addicted. Is this what heroin is like? 

Try a Rife Machine had success with nerve pain  when all else failed that's all I can say, from my understanding it's an oscillating frequency generator

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Source: https://pharmeasy.in/blog/ayurveda-uses-benefits-side-effects-of-hadjod/

 

Hadjod: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!

By Dr Rajeev Singh +2 more

clockLast updated: Jul 17, 2023

Cissus quadrangularis, commonly known as ‘Hadjod’ in Hindi, is a fleshy plant belonging to the Vitaceae family.1 It is known by numerous vernacular names depending on the region. In Bangladesh, it is known as Hathisur; in Sri Lanka, it is known as Heeressa; in West Africa, it is known as Treebine, Zarnazaru, Banddiagra, Oongoonujaara; in Thailand, it is known as Khankho, phet sangkhaat, san cha khuat; and in India, it is known as Bonesetter, Adamant creeper, Veldt-grape, Hadjod, Hadsanka and Asthisamadhani. Hadjod, also known as Asthisamharaka, is a luscious herb found in India’s warmest regions. It can grow up to 500 metres above sea level in plain coastal areas, forests, and wastelands.  

Stem cuttings are used to propagate the herb. From June to December, the herb blooms. It is a climbing herb that turns leafless as it ages. It is a shrubby climber that can grow up to 1.5 metres tall. The plant blossoms small greenish-white flowers. The leaves are2.5-5 cm long, broadly ovate or kidney-shaped leaves. The calyx is cup-shaped, short, and deciduous. There are 4-5 petals on each flower. The fruits are obovoid, very acrid, one-seeded, and dark purple to black. The stem is smooth, branched, glabrous, subangular, and fibrous and found to be buff coloured with a greenish tinge. The stems measure 8–10 cm in length and 1–1.5 cm in width.2  

Hadjod-powder-bone fractures-diabetes-immunomodulation
 
 

Iridoids, alkaloids, flavonoids, stilbene derivatives, sterols, triterpenes, fatty acids, methyl esters, and other phytochemicals have been found in the hadjod. The presence of five well-known chemicals on leaves were discovered, including Tetratriacotanol, Ecosyl eicosanoate, Tetratriacontanoic acid, αβ-amyrin, β-sitosterol. Polyphenols such as Daidezein, Quercetin, and Genistein were also reported in the leaves.1 

Nutritional Value of Hadjod: 

The nutritional content fount in hadjod root powder/100 gm is: 

Carbohydrates  68.89  ± 1.16 mg  
Proteins  7.5  ± 0.17 mg 
Fibres  5.97  ±  0.10 mg 
Potassium   67.5 mg 
Calcium   39.5 mg 
Zinc   3 mg 
Sodium   22.5 mg 
Iron   7.5 mg 
Lead   3.5 mg 
Cadmium   39.5 mg 
Copper   0.5 mg 
Magnesium   1.15 mg 
Table1: Nutrients found in Hadjod 2, 3 

Hadjod might be your ally in dental problems! Yes, you read it right! Recent studies have revealed that the use of Hadjod may help in alleviating dental cavities when they start due to its anti-bacterial nature.

Dr. Siddharth Gupta, MD

Therapeutic Uses of Hadjod: 

  • Hadjod stem: It is used to treat various medical conditions. Furthermore, it is one of the most regularly utilised food supplements in southern India.2 
  • Hadjod leaves: The plant’s young shoots are considered stomachic.1 
  • Hadjod leaves powder: It is used to treat stomach problems.1 
  • Hadjod juice: For the union of fractured bones, it is given both internally and applied externally.1 
  • Hadjod shoot juice: When sprayed into the nostrils, the juice helps with epistaxis (nose bleeding). It is also used as an eardrop for otorrhea and irregular menstruation.1 
  • Hadjod shoot ash powder: The powder shoot ash is taken internally to treat dyspepsia.1 
  • Hadjod root powder: It is used to union bone fractures and is also used to treat constipation and gout.1 

Benefits of Hadjod: 

1. Benefits of Hadjod for Pain: 

Traditional Hadjod folklore is that it is used to relieve pain. Animal models that are widely accepted worldwide were used to test its analgesic potential. Hadjod’s effects were shown to be effective even at low doses, indicating that the herb has high potency in simulating central and peripheral pain. The phytosterols β-sitosterol and β-sitosterol glycoside, terpenoids, and phenolic substances such as resveratrol, quercetin, quercitrin, and kaempferol found in hadjod are thought to have analgesic properties.2

2. Benefits of Hadjod for Ulcer: 

The presence of phytochemicals like polyphenols, glycosides, vitamin C and β-sitosterol in hadjod may contribute to antiulcer potential or accelerate ulcer healing by releasing polyamines and transforming growth factor-α. Hadjod displayed cytoprotection by increasing potassium, hexosamine, bicarbonate, and the carbohydrate/protein ratio while lowering pepsin, proteins, and acid secretion in stomach.2 

Read More: Stomach Ulcer: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment

 

3. Benefits of Hadjod for Infections: 

Traditional literature mentions the use of hadjod in treating a variety of bacterial and viral infections. The steroids and flavonoids present in a partially purified extract of the hadjod stem was found to have excellent antiviral activity against herpes simplex virus types I and II.2 

In an antibacterial study, six different extracts of hadjod stem were tested against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. As a result, methanol extract was found to have superior antibacterial activity against S. pyogenes, B. subtilis, S. aureus, P. aeruginosa, and S. typhi, among other bacteria.2 

The antifungal activity of hadjod extract was determined by comparing it to the standard medication fluconazole. The diameter of the zone of inhibition generated on the surface of Petri dishes was used to determine antifungal activity. The study found that hadjod extract had promising antifungal efficacy against Aspergillus flavus.1 

4. Benefits of Hadjod for Worm Infections: 

On the Haemonchus contortus worm, the anthelmintic activity of hadjod extract was investigated. The presence of alkaloids, flavonoids, tannins, and phenols in the extract may contribute to its anthelmintic effect.2 

 

Read More: National Deworming Day: All You Need To Know!

5. Benefits of Hadjod for Cancer: 

Hadjod has shown anticancer and antitumor activity in a variety of cancer cell lines, including breast cancer, osteosarcoma, leukaemia, Dalton’s ascitic lymphoma, and Erlich ascitic induced carcinoma. The extract of hadjod at various doses has been investigated to protect rats from breast cancer. All biochemical and haematological changes caused by 7,12-Dimethylben (a) anthracene were reversed when rats were given hadjod extract.2 

 
 

 

6. Benefits of Hadjod for Inflammation: 

Ear oedema was used to test hadjod’s anti-inflammatory activity in rats. Hadjod can reduce swelling, relieve pain, treat allied illnesses associated with fractures, and aid in healing fractures. The inclusion of Beta-sitosterol and luteolin flavonoids in hadjod is responsible for its anti-inflammatory properties. Hadjod inhibits many inflammatory mediators that increase vascular permeability, support vasodilation, and cause oedema development.3 

7. Benefits of Hadjod for Obesity: 

In hyperlipidemia models in rats, hadjod extract significantly reduced the total cholesterol, triglycerides, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, and atherogenic index while increasing high density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. Hadjod’s antihyperlipidemic properties are thought to be related to phytosterols, including stigmasterol, β-sitosterol, ketosteroid, and flavonoids like kaemferol, quercetin, and daidzein. Phytosterols may lower low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels or diminish intestinal cholesterol absorption by increasing faecal cholesterol excretion.2 

Read More: How Does Junk Food Damage Your Body?

 

8. Benefits of Hadjod for Fertility: 

In rats, an extract of hadjod stem restored significant abnormalities caused by lead acetate. The use of hadjod extract on rats increases total sperm count. Antioxidant deficiency harms sperm viability and motility in males. Hadjod’s anti-infertility effect is attributed to its antioxidant enzymes restorative capacity or pregnancy abruption, implantation inhibition, and abortion induction.2 

9. Benefits of Hadjod for Diabetes: 

In diabetic rats, the injection of hadjod extract at various doses considerably lowers blood glucose levels. Furthermore, hadjod extract caused a rise in plasma insulin levels and restored liver antioxidant enzymes and histology in diabetic mice. Improvements in glycemic metabolism and regulation, free radical elimination, cholesterol reduction, insulin secretion, and microcirculation can contribute to hadjod’s antidiabetic action.2 

Also Read: Atibala – Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!

10. Benefits of Hadjod for Haemorrhoids: 

Hadjod extract’s anti-haemorrhoids activity was tested on an isolated human umbilical vein, which caused contraction of vascular smooth muscles of the vein. Hadjod extract was found to have a venoconstrictive impact on the intact inner lining of the vein.2 

In clinical research, taking an tablet of hadjod reduced piles symptoms in patients. Flavonoids, which are significant phytochemicals, are thought to help treat haemorrhoidal diseases by reducing localised bleeding, itching, and discomfort, potentially through improving capillary resistance and venous tonicity by lowering capillary permeability.2 

 
 

 

11. Benefits of Hadjod for Immunomodulation: 

Hadjod’s extract significantly increased blood carbon clearance, blood immunoglobulin levels, and a delayed-type of hypersensitive response to sheep red blood cells. In another study, hadjod extract nanoparticles corrected immunosuppression in immunosuppressive animals using sheep red blood cells. The findings suggested that hadjod had immunomodulatory properties in both cellular and humoral immunity.2 

12. Benefits of Hadjod for Arthritis:  

Hadjod has been shown to have antiarthritic potential in various animal models. Hadjod extract was found to have an antiarthritic effect by reducing bone and cartilage degeneration, excessive paw inflammation, and associated biochemical and haematological changes.2 

Also Read: 6 Best Foods To Help Beat Arthritis

13. Benefits of Hadjod for Bone Function:  

Hadjod’s antiosteoporotic potential has been demonstrated in various animal models by several authors. An osteoporotic rat model of ovariectomy, closed fracture by bending the radius-ulna in rats and dogs was used to test the antiarthritic activity of hadjod extract. The work was carried out in vitro using cell lines.2 

Few clinical studies have shown that hadjod, combined with Zingiber officinale, can reduce joint swelling, discomfort, and soreness in osteoporotic and fractured patients. Hadjod’s bone protective activity is thought to be due to its steroidal content, which functions as phytoestrogens to prevent or minimise bone loss and suppress bone reabsorption caused by oestrogen deficiency.2 

14. Benefits of Hadjod as an Antioxidant Activity: 

Various research has already assessed the antioxidant activity of hadjod utilising different antioxidant assays and procedures. By lowering serum enzyme levels and boosting antioxidant enzyme levels, the antioxidant activity of hadjod extract was examined on liver protective activity.2 

 

How to Use Hadjod? 

  • Hadjod tablets2 
  • Hadjod capsule2 
  • Hadjod powder2 
  • Hadjod drops2 

Your Ayurvedic physician will guide you for the appropriate dose and frequency of medication as per your condition. Avoid self-medication.  

Side Effects of Hadjod:  

Various studies demonstrate that hadjod extracts are safe and free of side effects at commonly used doses. The reported side effects of hadjod extract are lack of appetite, staggering, dyspnoea, and diarrhoea in a limited case.4 

Frequently Asked Questions: 

What are the synonyms of hadjod? 

It is known as Heeressa, Hathisur, Khankho, Zarnazaru, Treebine, Banddiagra, Oongoonujaara, phet sangkhaat, san cha khuat, Veldt-grape, Adamant creeper, Asthisamadhani, Bonesetter, and Hadsanka in different regions.2 

What are the chemical constituents of hadjod? 

The plant contains several phytoconstituents like iridoids, stilbene derivatives, sterols, triterpenes, alkaloids, fatty acids, methyl esters, flavonoids.1,2 

What is the use of hadjod? 

It treats constipation, piles, tumours, blindness, loss of appetite, muscular pain, vata and kapha, epileptic fits, chronic ulcers, and bone fractures. It is also used as a digestive, anthelmintic, analgesic, laxative, stomachic, tonic aphrodisiac agent, treatment of back and spine problems, pus removal.2 

How to use hadjod? 

Hadjod is used in hadjod tablets, capsules, powder and drops.2 

Is a hadjod good for bone protection? 

Yes, hadjod has bone protective activity. Hadjod’s protective action is thought to be due to its steroidal content, which functions as phytoestrogens to prevent or minimise bone loss and suppress bone reabsorption caused by estrogen deficiency.2

Also Read: Cranberry: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!

References: 

  1. Mukherjee T, Saha N, Palbag S. Ethnopharmacology, phytochemistry and pharmacology of ayurvedic plant hadjod-Cissus quadrangularis L. Int. J. Res. Ayurveda Pharm. 2016; 7(4): 78-83. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/305356131_ETHNOPHARMACOLOGY_PHYTOCHEMISTRY_AND_PHARMACOLOGY_OF_AYURVEDIC_PLANT_HADJOD_CISSUS_QUADRANGULARIS_L
  2. Bafna PS, Patil PH, Maru SK, Mutha RE. Cissus quadrangularis L: A comprehensive multidisciplinary review. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2021; 279: 114355. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34181958/Rex
  3. M C, Ravi L. A review on Cissus quadrangularis L. as herbal medicine. Ind J Natural Products Resources. 2020; 11(3): 155-164.  http://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/55610/1/IJNPR%2011%283%29%20155-164.
  4. pdfAustin A. A Systemic Review on the Pharmacognosy, Phytochemistry, Pharmacological and Clinical aspects of Edible stemmed vine, Cissus quadrangularis L. Am J Clin Res Rev; 2020; 4:18 https://escipub.com/Articles/AJCRR/AJCRR-2020-07-1705.pdf
 
 
 
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My David Hoffman new holistic herbal lists a number of herbs as anti rheumatics eg 

 like ;

  willow bark  ,, (or  ,Meadowsweet),

,devil's claw ,

,celery seeds ,

boneset,

burdock, 

ginger ,/( turmeric)

cayenne, nettles,yarrow ,

white Poplar bark,

Guaiacum 

a good local herbalist or supplier should be helpful 

 

Edited by Talorgan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...