Storm Eunice

mishy

16 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

The local media here (Birmingham Mail) have gone into overdrive today, with multiple stories all about the same thing: how its been very windy here.

They've just been parroting press releases from the Met Office, repeating nonsense about "63mph winds".

Yes, it did get very windy but according to Windy.com the strongest they got to was just over 30mph.

https://www.windy.com/?52.636,-1.829,7

No trees down by me, couple of wheelie bins outside got blown over.

But the media is repeating this 'danger to life' narrative, and urging people to 'stay home, stay safe' (where have we heard that one before?)

Of course, there are parts of the country that have been hit harder. But anyone would think we'd never had such strong winds before.

Personally feel this was some sort of drill. 
They are gonna try these climate change restrictions very soon, so I’m sure yesterday reaction was something to do with it.

On a side note, just paid off my bike on Klarna and they’ve given me a breakdown of much CO2 my purchase has created, how thoughtful!

Burns day storm was more extreme all round 1990,similar tracking storm maybe a tad further north...

This one didn t affect here as such..

Most severe storm which it wasn t since late november here which wasn t really forecast very well..

Edited by Fifth element

And now videos of planes landing at airports have become the latest 'trend'.

Airline pilots seem to be the new NHS 'workers', "heroes" deserving of praise, worship and 'medals'.

What, for doing a highly skilled job that they have been trained to do expertly and are paid very well to do so?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Owl said:

And now videos of planes landing at airports have become the latest 'trend'.

Airline pilots seem to be the new NHS 'workers', "heroes" deserving of praise, worship and 'medals'.

What, for doing a highly skilled job that they have been trained to do expertly and are paid very well to do so?

Nothing new. These high wind landings have been big on YouTube for years now. At Birmingham airport you can stand at the Marston Green end and film them coming in and landing over your head (done it myself). Pilots will often approach almost sideways on in order to negate crosswinds.

I watched this one when it only had a few thousand views. It now has 36m views after seven years. So absolutely nothing new.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saved said:

Nothing new. These high wind landings have been big on YouTube for years now. At Birmingham airport you can stand at the Marston Green end and film them coming in and landing over your head (done it myself). Pilots will often approach almost sideways on in order to negate crosswinds.

I watched this one when it only had a few thousand views. It now has 36m views after seven years. So absolutely nothing new.

And this is the thing... yes, there have been such videos that have done the rounds before... because there are sometimes very strong winds!

I know the spot you're on about, top of Sheldon Country Park, a nice place to just sit and relax watching the planes taking off and landing at the airport.

These kinds of videos have suddenly become popular, because they are being promoted by the mainstream media in order to fuel this 'narrative' of extreme climate change, like this is something new that we all need to be scared of.

Like highly-trained and skilled airline pilots don't know how to land a plane. 🤪

Where I live now, I am about 4 miles west of Birmingham Airport, so when I have planes flying VERY low over me, I know they are having some difficulty landing, due to strong winds. But they usually make it in the end after a couple of goes.

Unlike this RyanAir flight from Dublin that gave up and headed to Glasgow instead! 😁

Ryanair flight abandons landing at Birmingham Airport in Storm Eunice and ends up in different country

From: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/ryanair-passenger-above-birmingham-airport-23155851

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DaleP said:

Rasta man 😂

This is happening not because of a climate change but a pole shift....

The actual term for natural disasters in the legal world is still "an act of god". .

The 2 girls could have tried to  warn people no? 

• Like 1

Nearly all of England and Wales braced for another 48 hours of 80mph wind (msn.com)

Weather warnings have been issued for much of Wales and England for Sunday and Monday with more floods, power cuts and transport disruption possible.

Strong gusts of 70mph and heavy downpours will hamper efforts to recover after the country was battered by two storms in quick succession this week.

Storm Eunice brought winds of up to 122mph and caused what is believed to be the biggest power outage on record.

GFSOPEU06_18_1.png

Weather warnings are in place across the country (Picture: Metro)

The jettream broke all records in february 2 years ago as it also gave the wettest february on record here over 8 inches of rain.

Records are getting broken from drought to deluge from record warm to record cold..The official version called climate change is utter nonsense.

This winter we had one of the calmest januaries on record..

What is really going on this video shows new things happening from 10 years ago..

Sorry this video I meant to post..

Edited by Fifth element

@DaleP I remember when I had my first job working for a local council I had some idiot trying to claim a tree was dangerous. He wanted somebody to take it down or reimburse him and claimed a branch fell and broke his fence.

I had the good news of telling him we wouldn't be able to as it is still classed in legal terms as an act of god. 

He said "so if it falls down and kills one of my children is that still an act of god"? I simply replied "yes". 🤣👍 

It's true though it is still an act of god legally. These days everyone wants someone to blame rather than take responsibility. 

Edited by Fluke
  • Like 1