Jump to content

Storm Eunice


mishy
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • mishy changed the title to Storm Eunice

Hardly a breeze here in the middle of the country. It's supposed to be getting bad around 9am after my night shift - occasional gusts up to 65mph. The North had gusts over 100mph on Tuesday night and seemed to get by without too much fuss.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I finished shift after 1h to evacuate before strong winds... It should be like 43mph already but it's sunny and lovely outside... Wasted day. I feel stupid now... 💩

It was worse yesterday when a tree fallen on a house in our neighbourhood... There was no warnings about strong winds... Maybe yellow... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was having a conversation with the storm this morning....

Yeah, this sort of comment is only possible at DIF. 😚

 

I get the feeling that this storm is quite feminine....may be that's why it has a female name.

Dry and lovely sunny day. Strong winds but not so destructive...there is something round and gentle about it.

Anyway, after two years of lockdown (earth element, solidity etc), all the negativity that has been accummulated needs to be swept away and that's her task.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, DaleP said:

I was having a conversation with the storm this morning....

Yeah, this sort of comment is only possible at DIF. 😚

 

I get the feeling that this storm is quite feminine....may be that's why it has a female name.

Dry and lovely sunny day. Strong winds but not so destructive...there is something round and gentle about it.

Anyway, after two years of lockdown (earth element, solidity etc), all the negativity that has been accummulated needs to be swept away and that's her task.

 

 

Storm Muhammed will be an entirely different event - or it would be if those that name storms would dare to call it so.

 

There's a fence down at the ex wife's house but that's about it. Walked all around our area of Birmingham around 2pm (when it was supposed to be at its most ferocious) and hoped to get some interesting photos but came back with an empty roll. Not even twigs on the pavements, let alone branches.

 

I heard that it reached 122mph on the Isle of Wight and so broke the record for the UK. But then all this information is coming from dubious sources such as the Met Office. They are known for overdoing forecasts. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Saved said:

Storm Muhammed will be an entirely different event - or it would be if those that name storms would dare to call it so.

 

There's a fence down at the ex wife's house but that's about it. Walked all around our area of Birmingham around 2pm (when it was supposed to be at its most ferocious) and hoped to get some interesting photos but came back with an empty roll. Not even twigs on the pavements, let alone branches.

 

I heard that it reached 122mph on the Isle of Wight and so broke the record for the UK. But then all this information is coming from dubious sources such as the Met Office. They are known for overdoing forecasts. 

 

I wouldn't even be surprised if all these fences/boundary breaking down meant something. It could be a good change as a result of the storm sweeping away something that was negative between or something you should take notice as warning in which case you need to reinforce it. In anyways, fix it. Fluke's panels are looking very colourful.....each has a different design. Boundary is important even if you were camping in a field. It marks the place of living.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, bamboozooka said:

yes but its 80mph gusts and they are sitting there reading the papers

 

Sorry, if there was a misunderstanding. I didn't mean you were the conspiracy. 😆

Did you screenshot the people off a live stream?

You could say, it's because they are British.... they'd have a BBQ in the rain.....

Edited by DaleP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DaleP said:

 

Sorry, if there was a misunderstanding. I didn't mean you were the conspiracy. 😆

Did you screenshot the people off a live stream?

You could say, it's because they are British.... they'd have a BBQ in the rain.....

i screen shot the live cam and captured the wind speed on ventusky at the same time.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BTCE said:

This feels very COVIDy. Probably the media have learned new ways to keep peoples attention, but something is very off about this.

 

The local media here (Birmingham Mail) have gone into overdrive today, with multiple stories all about the same thing: how its been very windy here.

 

They've just been parroting press releases from the Met Office, repeating nonsense about "63mph winds".

 

Yes, it did get very windy but according to Windy.com the strongest they got to was just over 30mph.

 

https://www.windy.com/?52.636,-1.829,7

 

No trees down by me, couple of wheelie bins outside got blown over.

 

But the media is repeating this 'danger to life' narrative, and urging people to 'stay home, stay safe' (where have we heard that one before?)

 

Of course, there are parts of the country that have been hit harder. But anyone would think we'd never had such strong winds before.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...