EVERYTHING SLEEP RELATED

CONFIRMED_REPTILIAN

On 8/9/2022 at 8:54 PM, Captainlove said:

Thanks for the advise. I do most these things already,I need to meditate more. Can you recomend a good meditation as i find it difficult to self meditate.

I'm not meditating enough myself, not as much as I would like even though it can be done in a 5 min session. So I do not have enough experience in that field to recommend anything solid. Do you prefer to meditate guided or with some meditation music? I prefer meditations music, but a guided session once in a while helps challenge my mind, thoughts, perspective and patience. 

You can try to find a video with some different frequencies than 440Hz. There is alot of science on this topic and how frequencies affects our body. I like the natural frequency of 432Hz which to me sounds more calming, but many others works aswell. Try experience what works best for you. 

As i said I can't recommend anything solid, but here is a video I used for my last meditation.  

The meditation

Try focus your mind on only one thing, like your breath or an imagenery flame etc. Bring your focus back to that every time your mind wanders, which it always will, so dont think you're doing something wrong. You're training your mind how to focus and not follow every incoming thought and not letting them determine how you think or feel about yourself or a situtation. They just come and go - see them as a tool and not the truth.

If you find it hard to meditate start with 5 min and build it up. Over time you'll learn not to give your thoughts too much attention. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Captainlove said:

I think i need to up my Vit D. What is the recommended daily dose i read somewhere it can be up to 8,000 IU per day?

400-800 IU/day. If you live up north in a state or country that has cold weather for 5 months or so and you get lack of sunlight id take 1,000-2,000 IU/day if it were me but im not a doctor or anything like that. Just posting off my experience with lack of vitamin D during winter time.

hope this gives a little clarity... you can check the Mayo Clinic for more clarity. 

Edited by Skotfreezy
  • Thanks 1

• Ethel changed the title to EVERYTHING SLEEP RELATED
  • Ethel pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 12:54 PM, Captainlove said:

Thanks for the advise. I do most these things already,I need to meditate more. Can you recomend a good meditation as i find it difficult to self meditate.

True meditation is just being aware of experience whilst remembering who you are.

The next highest form of meditation is sitting in silence. The reason why you may not like this and why you seek a mind activity instead, is because doing this will unveil over time who you truly are, and what you think you are, ego will be cooked.

Everything else are mind activities. For ease of use we can call them meditation activities if you like.

These will give your mind something to chew on and may help relax you.

Best ones I know are TM, mantra meditation, staring at a candle, trying to find the gap between breathes.

• Thanks 1

Magnesium is sometimes suggested as a sleep aid (muscle relaxant I think). I started taking it a few weeks ago due to disrupted sleep. Although jury's still out, I definitely feel livelier when I wake up. One thing - the bioavailability (amount the body actually absorbs) of bog-standard magnesium (oxide) that's used in most supplements is supposedly under 10 per cent. Magnesium citrate is reportedly more bioavailable, although the flip side is it can cause the runs. I can live with that for a better night's kip.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 12/22/2022 at 5:27 PM, Shy Talk said:

Magnesium is sometimes suggested as a sleep aid (muscle relaxant I think). I started taking it a few weeks ago due to disrupted sleep. Although jury's still out, I definitely feel livelier when I wake up. One thing - the bioavailability (amount the body actually absorbs) of bog-standard magnesium (oxide) that's used in most supplements is supposedly under 10 per cent. Magnesium citrate is reportedly more bioavailable, although the flip side is it can cause the runs. I can live with that for a better night's kip.

I prefer magnesium l'Threonate - but it is expensive

• 4 weeks later...

I started working up a sleep combo about 20 yrs ago when I was "hit" with the Fibro dx.  Not sure I ever bought the Fibro stuff, maybe it's a valid thing.

Anyway, my current combo consists of 1/2 mg  melatonin, about 500 mg L Tryptophain, 25mg B6 and I take doses of Magnesium thru my day.  I sleep 8 to 10 hrs with bathroom trips thru the night.   I am of the older crowd and I know how healing sleep is and WE NEED IT.