Conflict in Ukraine - Russian Invasion

Sexpistol50

1 hour ago, DaleP said:

In case you didn't believe me saying Russians used washing machine as their parts.... (That post is no longer on display though.)

My source was right. @Skotfreezy 😉

that’s insane lol. I read the article too. For an army that is sooooo powerful it’s pretty shitty they have to loot. thanks @DaleP

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mikhail Liebestein said:

Ok, could just be dodgy wiring, or is this some sort of insurgency signal in Moscow?

Having worked with Russian electricians and witnessed there wiring an electrical fire wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.    

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Some of the greatest electrical engineers I have ever worked near were Russian. Russia has a history of some of the greatest minds in physics, electrical engineering and more and as such are a technological superpower whether people wish to accept that or not is irrelevant to me.

Edited by TheConsultant
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheConsultant said:

Some of the greatest electrical engineers I have ever worked near were Russian. Russia has a history of some of the greatest minds in physics, electrical engineering and more and as such are a technological superpower whether people wish to accept that or not is irrelevant to me.

Oh dont get me wrong I greatly admire Russian engineering and  Russian engineers. I have quite a collection of Russian built items manly computers and radios. Russian transistor radios from the 70's and 80's are some of the best around from an electrical point of view with additional amplification stages making them very sensitive and selective. there actual build quality however is pretty terrible with poor quality injection molded cases and awful PCBs with traces that lift as soon as they see a soldering iron. there home computers are the same, most are based off the British ZX spectrum from 1982 The Russians reverse engineered (or had a spy at ferranti) the custom ULA chip and implemented it using standard TTL logic ic's, Very clever of them and they do work however like the radios the build quality was awful. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Itsjaybigjay said:

Oh dont get me wrong I greatly admire Russian engineering and  Russian engineers. I have quite a collection of Russian built items manly computers and radios. Russian transistor radios from the 70's and 80's are some of the best around from an electrical point of view with additional amplification stages making them very sensitive and selective. there actual build quality however is pretty terrible with poor quality injection molded cases and awful PCBs with traces that lift as soon as they see a soldering iron. there home computers are the same, most are based off the British ZX spectrum from 1982 The Russians reverse engineered (or had a spy at ferranti) the custom ULA chip and implemented it using standard TTL logic ic's, Very clever of them and they do work however like the radios the build quality was awful. 

I am not talking consumer products :) I am sure you are right though, I wouldn't know 

Edited by TheConsultant

On 6/3/2022 at 9:28 PM, Itsjaybigjay said:

there actual build quality however is pretty terrible with poor quality injection molded cases and awful PCBs with traces that lift as soon as they see a soldering iron.

It is very strange. TV, radio, cameras photo, oscilloscope and other special devices 70-80 is very good quality and assembling, and easy to repair.

17 hours ago, Catherine said:

It is very strange. TV, radio, cameras photo, oscilloscope and other special devices 70-80 is very good quality and assembling, and easy to repair.

They do tend to be easily repaired but the consumer level stuff especially late 70's 80's does have poor build quality, I have a Vaga Ruby radio from the late 60's and the build quality on that is excellent, however ive got later Vaga radios from the 70's and they are falling apart. The scientific and test equipment on the other hand is fantastic with very high build quality, I have a PA amp built in the 70's All valve technology with four 6L6 output valves and the build quality on that is amazing.  

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 7:11 AM, alexa said:

Well this is good of ol Liz, whats she gonna do eat them ?

REVEALED: Queen and the Royal Family 'have secretly opened their doors on their estates to Ukrainian refugees fleeing the war-torn nation'

Queen and the Royal Family have secretly opened their doors to Ukrainian refugees

Queen and the Royal Family have secretly opened their doors to Ukrainian refugees
Palace sources say a number of members (left, the Queen wearing yellow and blue) have vowed to 'do their bit' after being moved by the tragic events following Vladimir Putin's invasion. Royals have also made substantial cash donations but insist they want to keep their efforts to help under wraps. Almost 54,000 refugees (top-right and bottom-right) have arrived under the Government's scheme, with the royals now joining politicians, business leaders and huge numbers of other Britons in offering to house the six million people desperately escaping Russian invaders.

Edit- They do like this number 6 million :classic_rolleyes:

So my survival plan for now is - go Kyiv as a Polish citizen get Ukrainian passport, go to Poland, grab 4000£ from Poland with a new Passport, go do Royal Family for a diner... 👍

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Human10 said:

So my survival plan for now is - go Kyiv as a Polish citizen get Ukrainian passport, go to Poland, grab 4000£ from Poland with a new Passport, go do Royal Family for a diner... 👍

If it were a secret, no-one would know. Now, the whole world knows. FFS ! More virtue signalling ?

Edited by Nip
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Human10 said:

She'd probably have you for dinner....:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

The Lady in red...........

image_2022-06-08_072055217.png.a3fa1b5db230a6ff6544b220ced8e308.png

Their high school lies in ruins (main, in a billowing red ballgown, pupil Valerie, 16, stands before the school) from the brutal Russian onslaught. But these Ukrainian pupils were still determined to mark their graduation in traditional fashion by dancing a waltz (top right). Members of a graduating class in Ukraine usually dance a waltz in front of the entire school as students hear the bell rung for the last time.

9 hours ago, alexa said:

Their high school lies in ruins (main, in a billowing red ballgown, pupil Valerie, 16, stands before the school) from the brutal Russian onslaught. But these Ukrainian pupils were still determined to mark their graduation in traditional fashion by dancing a waltz (top right). Members of a graduating class in Ukraine usually dance a waltz in front of the entire school as students hear the bell rung for the last time.

What on earth for? We just got the h*** out as fast as possible as soon as the exams ended.

12 hours ago, alexa said:

She looks like a crappy toilet brush...good luck dancing on those bricks luv

• Like 1