Best answer to the question, why does God allow evil?

I wanted to know what is your best explanation as to why God allows evil in this world?

I have heard many answers over the years, some great and some not so great. 

This morning after experiencing some suffering myself I decided to ask the question....

So I will share my answer below....and it's just an answer, not THE answer....

So all there is, is God. Anything we see or experience is a modulation of God. From this absolutist point of view, there is nobody there to do anything to anything or to anyone, because there are no selves, just god. No one is really doing anything to anyone but to themselves.......

The above is true. But is not very helpful. Because we experience existence as so called selves, so I will dive deeper....

A humantistic viewpoint - we have been given an individual like experience by God - we could say in this sense, God gave birth to us. This means we are God, or at least, God like - modulated into a limited human form - limited in terms of that we feel like we have a body and our own thoughts etc.......

God is Sovereign. Because we are an "extension" of God, we are also Sovereign. Because we experience as individuals we could claim to be sovereign individuals.

Now we zoom to the creation type stories of how God gave the Earth to Humans to look after and essentially do as thy will. This is your kingdom...

In God there is no duality. Only IS.....

But for humans to exist into the "future" there needs to be duality, needs to be male and female. So this is the inception point of the possibility of duality. Before this it didn't exist, no good nor evil only is......

So good and evil is an extension of this world of duality that we need to function on this planet as humans. It is a result and natural process into the exploration of being a human.

Now why does "God" not intervene. Well 2 things.

1. God gave you the responsibility as a sovereign individual to do as you please on this planet. Therefore, it would be a contradiction to then intervene because you wouldn't then be sovereign.

2. More truthfully, you are God. 

In both of the above, the proper intervention for dealing with Evil if this is deemed not to be something we wish not to experience would be for you as either a sovereign individual or God, to take the appropriate action. However, we must also understand the duality of things. We cannot have good without having evil. And it is pointless trying to communicate with the God presence where duality doesn't exist to intervene. It is at this level of consciousness/god that we have to intervene if we don't like something.

My guess is that we are on the return journey to God, where duality doesn't exist and we just learn to live o this planet in peace - neither in good nor bad.

Be interesting to see what explanations you have on the topic.

With blessing.

MR H

Edited by Mr H

19 hours ago, Mr H said:

I wanted to know what is your best explanation as to why God allows evil in this world?

I have heard many answers over the years, some great and some not so great. 

This morning after experiencing some suffering myself I decided to ask the question....

So I will share my answer below....and it's just an answer, not THE answer....

So all there is, is God. Anything we see or experience is a modulation of God. From this absolutist point of view, there is nobody there to do anything to anything or to anyone, because there are no selves, just god. No one is really doing anything to anyone but to themselves.......

The above is true. But is not very helpful. Because we experience existence as so called selves, so I will dive deeper....

A humantistic viewpoint - we have been given an individual like experience by God - we could say in this sense, God gave birth to us. This means we are God, or at least, God like - modulated into a limited human form - limited in terms of that we feel like we have a body and our own thoughts etc.......

God is Sovereign. Because we are an "extension" of God, we are also Sovereign. Because we experience as individuals we could claim to be sovereign individuals.

Now we zoom to the creation type stories of how God gave the Earth to Humans to look after and essentially do as thy will. This is your kingdom...

In God there is no duality. Only IS.....

But for humans to exist into the "future" there needs to be duality, needs to be male and female. So this is the inception point of the possibility of duality. Before this it didn't exist, no good nor evil only is......

So good and evil is an extension of this world of duality that we need to function on this planet as humans. It is a result and natural process into the exploration of being a human.

Now why does "God" not intervene. Well 2 things.

1. God gave you the responsibility as a sovereign individual to do as you please on this planet. Therefore, it would be a contradiction to then intervene because you wouldn't then be sovereign.

2. More truthfully, you are God. 

In both of the above, the proper intervention for dealing with Evil if this is deemed not to be something we wish not to experience would be for you as either a sovereign individual or God, to take the appropriate action. However, we must also understand the duality of things. We cannot have good without having evil. And it is pointless trying to communicate with the God presence where duality doesn't exist to intervene. It is at this level of consciousness/god that we have to intervene if we don't like something.

My guess is that we are on the return journey to God, where duality doesn't exist and we just learn to live o this planet in peace - neither in good nor bad.

Be interesting to see what explanations you have on the topic.

With blessing.

MR H

Sorry but god doesn't exist so he doesn't allow anything

4 hours ago, peter said:

Sorry but god doesn't exist so he doesn't allow anything

Don't know about God not existing but I agree with you on the point that God isn't allowing anything.

This place is a realm of nature and we are part of it for a while.

So nature doesn't really give a shit what we do or what we think. What we like or dislike. Whether we live or die.

Nature just carries on and on and on.

We can change our energy or energetic vibration here through our thoughts and actions so that's a good thing.

imo there are much lower dimensions than here which are much more dense and physical than Earth.

Believe it or not God created evil,

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil Isaiah 45-7

In the beginning God created everything on earth & in the heavens, so therefore God created the Angels & Satan who was his chief Angel. Remember the two Hundred fallen Angels in Genius 6 ?

God does not want evil to exist, in fact he has been trying to wipe it out since the days of Noah.

12 minutes ago, alexa said:

Believe it or not God created evil,

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil Isaiah 45-7

In the beginning God created everything on earth & in the heavens, so therefore God created the Angels & Satan who was his chief Angel. Remember the two Hundred fallen Angels in Genius 6 ?

God does not want evil to exist, in fact he has been trying to wipe it out since the days of Noah.

Seems a bit daft to create evil if you also don't want it to exist.

God works in mysterious ways I guess.

Is it the same God muslims and jews worship?

3 minutes ago, Itsa said:

Seems a bit daft to create evil if you also don't want it to exist.

God works in mysterious ways I guess.

It isn't God's fault that evil exists, it is the fault of those whom he created i.e Satan.

1 hour ago, alexa said:

For someone that is all powerful ,he's doing a pretty crap job then

Edited by peter

57 minutes ago, alexa said:

It isn't God's fault that evil exists, it is the fault of those whom he created i.e Satan.

If he is all knowing and all seeing he should have known this shit would happen so the buck stops with him

If he was a builder and built a house and it fell down ,what it's the houses fault

Edited by peter

Hi guys, I don't want to sound like an ass and I appreciate your views.

But I am specifically asking the question why does God allow evil?

Not. Is there a God? I know God, if you do not, that's perfectly fine with me and it's a noumenal experience, so I cannot prove this to you via metrics that measure phenomena experiences - you either know and experience yourself, or you don't.... - but that's another discussion and if you haven't experienced God you are not going to be able to answer the question. 

Edited by Mr H

2 minutes ago, Mr H said:

But I am specifically asking the question why does God allow evil?

I DID answer you in my first post.

God isn't allowing or disallowing evil because of the nature of the place we are in.

4 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Not. Is there a God? I know God, if you do not, that's perfectly fine with me - but that's another discussion and if you haven't experienced God you are not going to be able to answer the question. 

Why don't you ask God yourself then if you know God so well.

Maybe it was just someone messing about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itsa said:

I DID answer you in my first post.

God isn't allowing or disallowing evil because of the nature of the place we are in.

Why don't you ask God yourself then if you know God so well.

Maybe it was just someone messing about.

Why do you assume I know God so well?

Why the condescending tone? I do not mock you in your threads, please show the same courtesy.

Not appreciated here.

Thanks

Edited by Mr H
  • Like 1

Why do you assume I know God so well?

Because you said you did.

Why the condescending tone?

1 hour ago, Mr H said:

you either know and experience yourself, or you don't.... - but that's another discussion and if you haven't experienced God you are not going to be able to answer the question. 

🙄

4 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Not appreciated here.

Thanks

I'll say whatever I like thanks.

7 minutes ago, Itsa said:

Because you said you did.

🙄

I'll say whatever I like thanks.

I'm not in Kindergarten, so won't take the bait. I will just avoid discussions with you from now on.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, peter said:

If he was a builder and built a house and it fell down ,what it's the houses fault

But God's house hasn't fallen down ( well not yet ) but it would have done  if it hadn't been for the flood.

"Evil" isn't real. You-all are dreaming a dream of fantasy and non-sense.....it will seem "real", but that doesn't make it so. Being "parts" or an "extension" of GOD doesn't make you GOD either...GOD IS THE ALL-ENCOMPASSING ONE LIFE LOVE SPIRIT BEING. As IT IS, IT Knows not of "evil", IT Knows The Truth, and Reality of What IT IS and what IT Created....not fantasies and illusions in contradiction to WHAT ACTUALLY IS....and Ever Shall BE.

This is a stupid virtual-reality game. Any Loveliness experienced or perceived is not of this world.

You're(we're, I'm(our)) in your head, a self-induced trance...making up a world that is nothing and nowhere. Hahahaha....

Deny, deny, deny.....like a spoiled brat(hello "Lucifer") that can't get what they "think" they want=....(hell).   GOD KNOWS BEST. Amazing Grace----otherwise we'd be f-cked.

"...no one comes to The Father except through Me..."...is not a threat, or a demand....it's just the way it is.

That is, The Son= the Greater Consciousness Spirit(Totality of Creation) of which we virtually detached from---The Son(The One) and The Father( THE ONE) are ONE, reconnecting with that "wavelength", is the story of The Prodigal Son(Luciferian consciousness of detachment) returning/rejoining Reality. One part at a time.

Fragmented=Us.

We're like in a room full of people actually living Life amongst themselves...and we're in a corner totally tuned out...day-deaming a nightmare compared to Reality...they know we're fine, perfectly safe....they do attempt to snap him out of it...but they won't try to force him to wake up out of it....they just sense when he's opening up to The Truth and then answer the call...why Jesus did what he did...it's all done on a wavelength, psychically...

The "ego" is diametrically opposed to anyone waking up...it has taken over the dream...so, it will most certainly do everything it can to deny and "refute" The Truth...which of course is an effort in futility...only a delaying of The Inevitable.

Edited by novymir
  • Like 1

Funny how atheists think they know God.

God allows evil because he gave us free will. God knows how it will end. But the story has to be played out. Satan has to make all his moves before God makes his final move. 

I'm reading the Book of Enoch now. fascinating stuff about the fallen angels and how evil came to be. About the end times. And about what is about to come.

Well, that's my take for now.

• Thanks 1

I'm not a big fan of Billy Graham but he did answer this question perfectly imo

Why Evil Exists

When God created mankind, He intended for us to live in perfect harmony with Him, without pain, suffering or evil. To maintain this way of life, God instructed the first man (Adam) to avoid doing one thing: eating fruit from a certain tree in the Garden of Eden where he lived.

God warned Adam saying, “But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die” (Genesis 2:17, NKJV).

But Adam and his wife, Eve, decided to disobey God and eat from the tree anyway. It’s this disobedience that caused sin and

God’s Answer to Evil

Though sin puts a barrier between us and God, He provided a solution: His Son, Jesus Christ.

Imagine two cliffs facing each other. On one side is God and on the other is mankind. The gaping hole in between is sin.

When Jesus willingly died on the cross, He filled the gap so that we could be forgiven of our sins and have full access to God again. When you believe in your heart that this actually happened and accept Jesus as your Savior, your life is changed forever; evil and death cannot win. You can look forward to eternal life with Him in heaven.

https://billygraham.org/story/why-does-god-allow-evil/

Edited by Gjergj Skënderbeu

On 1/25/2022 at 8:33 AM, Mr H said:

Hi Mr H

I go with option 1!

God allows it because it allows Free Will. It has to be that way or we would be like robots or predestined beings that have no control over our lives. This is not the game, the game is free will, individual responsibility and collective responsibility. The gift is life and all that entails. Life is an experience and you can view it like a game in some respects or you can view it as a prison. But even if you do you can transcend and realise your prison can be just as much a teacher or a training ground as anything else and embrace that training to gain your experience. Its just a state of mind.

If we just followed the maxim of the prophets - 'Treat everyone as you wish yourself to be treated' - we would have heaven on Earth and evil would 'mostly' disappear. Its our choice, we've been shown the way, its just our free will to choose that option, which we don't do, that prevents us realising the dream.

Its not God's fault evil exist in this world, its mostly ours.

Edited by pi3141
  • Like 1

There is no Will but GOD'S Will. "Free will" is an ego generated idea that is only operative in the Matrix(fraudulently), it(ego) uses this fraudulent idea to accuse and guilt-trip humans into assuming either an unworthiness or an "evil' identity---in other words assuming the identity of the ego, and then at death the scheme is to condemn them that were duped into accepting this false-identity(illusion/dream identity) into either an experience/perception of out and out "hell', or to reincarnate back into this egoMatrix "hell", "to learn their lesson". They are being prepped and set-up to fail to exit this thing.

"“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to." Mathew 23;13 (they are possessed, or; out and out completely artificial projections of ego). The "ego" cannot enter Reality(The Kingdom Of Heaven).

There is no Will but GOD'S Will. Freedom is IT'S Nature. Ego-will is not True Will.

It's a joke....all this talk about "free-will" here( this "world")...by them that apparently think they're safe...but they don't know what this thing is, what they really are, and where they really are....but they "know" about "free-will"....EVERYTHING THAT IS REAL IS THE WILL OF GOD. That which is not real is nothing and nowhere...mere fantasy, of no real consequence or effect...beyond a momentary tuning out and away from Reality. "Evil" cannot happen in Reality( does that mean we're not "free", or "enslaved"?). So, how does the dualistic "free-will" idea work in Reality, it doesn't, ALL IS ONE IN TRUTH(Reality), not dual.

How we identify will determine our actions. False identity, and thereby opposite to True Nature, will result in "evil" behavior, but it's the ego...playing humans, it plays both sides of the yin-yang...duality..good-cop/bad-cop...it's the perpetrator, and the punisher---two-faced liar and murderer---the "Father of Lies"....ARTIFICIAL, illusion=egoMatrix. Dream of lies, that has no real effect or consequence on or in Reality, except interruption of communication and awareness of RealSelf, Reality, and GOD.

What GOD Created is The Real, and only The Real, and, what GOD Created is completely Loving and Lovable Forever. And All that is compatible and in alignment with THAT is Real(the Real Is-real).

Anything else and....The Matrix has you...

Edited by novymir

6 hours ago, alexa said:

But God's house hasn't fallen down ( well not yet ) but it would have done  if it hadn't been for the flood.

Once again you missed the point by a wide margin , apparently it's easier to regurgitate than think