Jump to content

Roger Sruton explains why some people find "classes who are to blame"


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, RobSS said:

Then what is it you're trying to say? What light are you showing, for example?

 

i don't agree with the new age religions idea that people should never discuss what they call 'the negative'

 

I think that a problem can't be resolved until its first understood that there IS a problem

 

Then once it is accepted that there is a problem a person can begin to break that problem down and better understand it

 

Once they understand the problem they are then in a position to consider their options as to how they can go about resolving that problem

Edited by Macnamara
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Macnamara said:

 

i don't agree with the new age religions idea that people should never discuss what they call 'the negative'

 

I think that a problem can't be resolved until its first understood that there IS a problem

 

Then once it is accepted that there is a problem a person can begin to break that problem down and better understand it

 

Once they understand the problem they are then in a position to consider their options as to how they can go about resolving that problem

 

You say I don't listen to you, but you don't listen to what I say. I've said this several times in this thread alone... "As I said, I'm not claiming anyone shouldn't advocate against highlighting things that are wrong, or that people should ignore nefarious agendas, but I try to keep a balance between posting positive and negative things."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RobSS said:

You say I don't listen to you, but you don't listen to what I say. I've said this several times in this thread alone... "As I said, I'm not claiming anyone shouldn't advocate against highlighting things that are wrong, or that people should ignore nefarious agendas, but I try to keep a balance between posting positive and negative things."

 

and i have a thread dedicated to solutions

 

so i acknowledge there is a problem. I break the problem down and analyse it and then i consider possible solutions

 

Scruton makes a point in the clip i posted that one of the things we stand to lose through being in the EU and mass immigration is the british tradition of common law

 

this is something that the UK column guys have done great work looking at in the 'dissidents guide to the constitution' series.

 

Alex thompson is now doing another series with his father looking at the history of literacy in britain and how christianity has played a role in that. The second part of that series is looking at how that literacy is now being lost due to these forces that i and scruton talk about

 

I don't want my country to lose these great things that have been strived for and sacrifices made for over centuries

 

Of course the progressive left will call me a 'bigot' for not wanting unchecked migration but what exactly are they offering me?

Edited by Macnamara
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

 

and i have a thread dedicated to solutions

 

so i acknowledge there is a problem. I break the problem down and analyse it and then i consider possible solutions

 

Scruton makes a point in the clip i posted that one of the things we stand to lose through being in the EU and mass immigration is the british tradition of common law

 

this is something that the UK column guys have done great work looking at in the 'dissidents guide to the constitution' series.

 

Alex thompson is now doing another series with his father looking at the history of literacy in britain and how christianity has played a role in that. The second part of that series is looking at how that literacy is now being lost due to these forces that i and scruton talk about

 

What Scruton was concerned about was fanaticism and the will to power. Roger's solution was art, creativity and music. If more people did that, the world would be a much happier place.

 

In the interview, there was a quote from William Blake's "The Grey Monk":

 

The hand of Vengeance found the Bed
To which the Purple Tyrant fled
The iron hand crushd the Tyrants head
And became a Tyrant in his stead

 

They said in the conversation that that tends to be a pattern that we see again and again.

 

Edited by RobSS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RobSS said:

 

What Scruton was concerned about was fanaticism and the will to power. Roger's solution was art, creativity and music. If more people did that, the world would be a much happier place.

 

In the interview, there was a quote from William Blake's "The Grey Monk":

 

The hand of Vengeance found the Bed
To which the Purple Tyrant fled
The iron hand crushd the Tyrants head
And became a Tyrant in his stead

 

 

you sound like you are indulging in what scruton would call 'unscrupulous optimism'

 

he advocates that it is better to be a realist and to not indulge in 'false hope'

Roger Scruton - The Uses of Pessimism and the Danger of False Hope

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, RobSS said:

In the interview, there was a quote from William Blake's "The Grey Monk":

 

The hand of Vengeance found the Bed
To which the Purple Tyrant fled
The iron hand crushd the Tyrants head
And became a Tyrant in his stead

 

well if the poem is influenced by the french revolution and you are trying to use that poem in the context of today then the dangerous revolutionary force that is seeking to overturn the status quo would be wokeism which is itself just a mask on the face of neo-marxism

 

so really it would be cautioning against the rise of these dogmatic 'progressive' forces

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Macnamara said:

 

well if the poem is influenced by the french revolution and you are trying to use that poem in the context of today then the dangerous revolutionary force that is seeking to overturn the status quo would be wokeism which is itself just a mask on the face of neo-marxism

 

so really it would be cautioning against the rise of these dogmatic 'progressive' forces

 

11 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

 

you sound like you are indulging in what scruton would call 'unscrupulous optimism'

 

he advocates that it is better to be a realist and to not indulge in 'false hope'

 

Roger Scruton - The Uses of Pessimism and the Danger of False Hope

 

 

I'm optimistic that eventually, the Reptilian agenda will be overcome and defeated, but it won't come through the will to power, otherwise, history will just keep repeating itself, and those that don't learn from history, keep repeating the same mistakes, as history proves. I think you're indulging in a false hope and unscrupulous optimism because you think politics and power will solve things. I don't even think Scruton had a comprehensive answer or a solution, but he did recognise the value of creativity, art and music, which he always came back to and cherished, and I think that's why he endears himself to so many people. People that just want power, and see power as the only solution are missing the point of life, IMO.

Edited by RobSS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RobSS said:

 I think you're indulging in a false hope and unscrupulous optimism because you think politics and power will solve things.

 

where are those things discussed in my solutions thread?

 

No my solutions thread is about individuals informing themselves of liberty so that they may go about their lives in a volunteerist way transacting in a peer to peer economy

 

It is about decentralised power and spontaneous organisation but within an understanding of ones relations to others

Edited by Macnamara
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Macnamara said:

 

my solutions thread is about individual informing themselves of liberty so that they may go about their lives in a volunteerist way transacting in a peer to peer economy

 

 

Then there's no need to force views on others.

 

Edited by RobSS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2022 at 12:00 PM, RobSS said:

 

I'm not referring to posters here who do post positive things that celebrate culture, art and creativity. I'm talking about posters who labour on the negative and just attack the cabal, what positive things do they post that celebrates culture, art and creativity?

 

This is not an feelz-good rainbow glitter sparkles forum.

This is a conspiracy forum.

Conspiracies are nefarious.

image.png.c0d8eda9016824c30ab450587d06499f.png

 

Why do you feel the need to judge posters who don't "celebrate" culture art and creativity in here? Especially whilst we discuss the conspiracy that's currently destroying what we hold dear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, skitzorat said:

This is not an feelz-good rainbow glitter sparkles forum.

This is a conspiracy forum.

Conspiracies are nefarious.

Why do you feel the need to judge posters who don't "celebrate" culture art and creativity in here? Especially whilst we discuss the conspiracy that's currently destroying what we hold dear.

 

I wasn't judging anyone, simply making an observation that without culture, art and creativity, there would be no truths with which to maintain a meaningful and purposeful sense of human community. If only the negative is focused on, then what difference is there between that and outright nihilism? So yes, there are conspiracies and they can be nefarious and evil but that doesn't and shouldn't mean that one should throw the rainbow and the baby out with the bathwater because if one does, you're is only helping the cabal and the dark forces of Satan.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...