Bought these Supplements, anyone used these?

very452001

Hi,

I bought these Supplements:

- Vitamin D3

- Vitamin B3 Niacin

- NAC

- Quercetin

- Iron Bisglycinate with Vitamin C

To get the most benefit out of these supplements, anyone know which times of the day is best to take each supplement listed above?

Also for each supplement is it best to take on empty stomach or with a meal?

Finally which supplements listed above are known to not to mix/stack together than can cause health probs or one supplement can reduce the benefit of another supplement when stacked you know what I mean.

Guest Gone Fishing...
10 hours ago, very452001 said:

Vitamin D3

I take this daily, even before this fake crisis. 

B12 is important so I take a supplement for that too. 

There's a few others I take daily. 

I don't think there's any problem with mixing vitamin supplements but I'd guess that you don't want to exceed the recommended daily amounts.. 

BC 

Drop the iron unless you need it for some specific reason or you're female and know you need it.

D3 should be taken with fat or should be suspended in oil, take it with K2 in the mornings after food.

Add zinc but not too much.

I hear about NAC and Quercetin a lot since convid but I don't take them, could be good I don't know.

The water soluble vits, it doesn't really matter, you'll piss out what your body can't use.

Hopefully your diet is good as well 👍

Edited by Itsa

You should make sure you take regular exercise otherwise it will all just drop through you. If your body demands things from the substances it ingests, it gives it more opportunity to distribute it accordingly.

Guest Gone Fishing...
10 minutes ago, Solasta said:

You should make sure you take regular exercise otherwise it will all just drop through you. If your body demands things from the substances it ingests, it gives it more opportunity to distribute it accordingly.

Just like anything you ingest, it'll go straight through you unless you gently exercise and get your blood moving.. 

BC 

I take 4000iu vit d and 25mg zinc most days. Careful not to take too much zinc as can lead to copper deficiency. 

Never taken any thing else, I just try eat citrus fruits and eat reasonably healthy. I am even trying to stop eating pizza. 

edit: I also take wormwood sometimes to help my stomach. 

Edited by SimonTV

This is a tricky topic to unpack. Some things to consider:

1. you will need to have assurance of the purity and quantity of the supplements in question. You can try labdoor or consumerlab or at least rely on certification such as USP to gauge which supplements actually provide what they claim to provide.

2. there is enormous variation in various researchers' claims on what level of supplementation is required to provide benefits. Take vitamin c for example. The mainstream medical literature claims 500mg to 1000 mg (1 gram) is more than sufficient. Some alternative researchers both with conventional medical training and not, claim at least 5 grams a day is required for positive benefits and upwards of 20 grams or more in times of acute stress or illness. 

Same with vitamin d. Most in the medical field claim 1,000 IU's a day is good enough, but others make far more radical claims and believe 14,000 to 20,000 IU's a day is optimal. 

I am not ready to make any recommendations on what to take or how much. I do however strongly encourage anyone to do preliminary research before taking any supplement. 

i decided to take all my vitamins before bed seeing as thats when the body heals during sleep.

1000mg vit C

5000iu D3 100mcg K2

zinc citrate 100mg

magnesium citrate 500mg

quercetin 1000mg

nac 1200mg

probiotic drink

nac helps create glutathione a powerful anti oxidant.

i just came across a new video saying melatonin is a more powerful anti oxidant than glutathione.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNklS0lzlgA

2 minutes ago, bamboozooka said:

i decided to take all my vitamins before bed seeing as thats when the body heals during sleep.

1000mg vit C

5000iu D3 100mcg K2

zinc citrate 100mg

magnesium citrate 500mg

quercetin 1000mg

nac 1200mg

probiotic drink

nac helps create glutathione a powerful anti oxidant.

i just came across a new video saying melatonin is a more powerful anti oxidant than glutathione.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNklS0lzlgA

I don't believe in "viruses". But something is making some people sick and you need your immune system to be in top shape. I take the first 5 supplements you mentioned. And I have Ivermectin and Zithromax for emergencies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 6:27 PM, RobSS said:

Someone mentioned taking vitamin k2 with D3. This is a really good idea because D3 and K2 work synergistically together. If you'd like more information about the benefits of combining them, plenty of info here:

https://www.vitacure.co.uk/k2-info

You need magnesium also to get the most out of D3. Best to take iron away from other supplements (except vit C), and with a meal unless you know it won't give you a bad gut.

Hi .. I brought a bone care supplement that has Vit D3 and rang the company to see where the Vit D3 is sourced from .. their reply was NZ AU US Asia Europe I was horrified to to told it comes from sheep’s  lanolin .. I’ve decided that the risks are to high for CjD contamination (sheep scrapie’s , mad cow ) I ended up finding a vegan product on market from the UK that shipped to NZ . 

On 2/7/2022 at 6:25 AM, Shazah said:

Hi .. I brought a bone care supplement that has Vit D3 and rang the company to see where the Vit D3 is sourced from .. their reply was NZ AU US Asia Europe I was horrified to to told it comes from sheep’s  lanolin .. I’ve decided that the risks are to high for CjD contamination (sheep scrapie’s , mad cow ) I ended up finding a vegan product on market from the UK that shipped to NZ . 

Lanolin comes from sheep's WOOL not the meat or bone. All D3 is of animal origin. The veggie D2 is ineffective. Lanolin is in handcream and most people love wearing woolly jumpers. Don't be paranoid.

On 2/16/2022 at 1:40 AM, JONJAY79 said:

Eating liver 2 or 3 times a week and eggs add in fruit/veg every day will cover many deficiencies. 

There is a school of thought that says vitamin A/retinol/retinoic acid is a poison, not a vitamin, which might explain why many teens get autoimmune diseases like Crohns after taking acne meds. So go easy on the liver (and even carrots etc with high beta carotene contents).