Jump to content

The Jungle Book as an allegory for political society & the conflicts between man & nature


RobSS
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm very happy to leave the thread where this what being discussed but would like to continue the topic in its own thread.

 

Mowgli represents humanity that wants to live in a society that's not only in harmony with nature, but which is also not interested in colonialism and fighting wars based on lies and deceptions.

 

If anyone would like to continue exploring the topic, please do so here, thanks.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RobSS said:

Mowgli represents humanity that wants to live in a society that's not only in harmony with nature

 

in the cartoon he demolishes an ancient temple, disrupts the elephant troop, breaks the heart of a panther and causes third degree burns to a tiger

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

 

in the cartoon he demolishes an ancient temple, disrupts the elephant troop, breaks the heart of a panther and causes third degree burns to a tiger

 

 

The denouement, for The Jungle Book, is really a metaphor for the final battle between good and evil, sometimes referred to as Armageddon.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RobSS said:

The denouement, for The Jungle Book, is really a metaphor for the final battle between good and evil, sometimes referred to as Armageddon.

 

bit slanderous towards tigers though.....they are just out there living in their habitat doing what they do and helping to keep the biosphere in balance

 

lets face it mowgli was a walking disaster area and what thanks did he have for the wolves who took him in and gave him free food and accommodation and safety?

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Macnamara said:

 

bit slanderous towards tigers though.....they are just out there living in their habitat doing what they do and helping to keep the biosphere in balance

 

It's not slanderous to tigers because it's just a metaphor.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

 

if someone portrayed you as the symbol of evil and then said 'but don't worry it's just a metaphor' wouldn't you be a little upset?

 

You don't approve of George Orwell's "Animal Farm" allegory, then?

 

If you have nothing against "Animal Farm", I don't think you're logic, complaining about a tiger being used as a metaphor, would be consistent!

 

Edited by RobSS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

 

'yeah but a pig's a filthy animal' - samual L jackson

 

You're completely missing the point though. Tigers may be nice to look at but they're much worse than pigs... they'll tear you to pieces and kill you, and that's what the cabal will do to anyone who gets in their way.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shake said:

Disney and Spielberg . Go figure

 

I thought you had a more interesting reason, but never mind. This thread isn't so much about personal dislikes, it's more about discussing occult themes and meanings.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RobSS said:

 

I thought you had a more interesting reason, but never mind. This thread isn't so much about personal dislikes, it's more about discussing occult themes and meanings.

 

I have a personal dislike against them both. I don't need to go into the occult between Disney and Spielberg..even Google has the dots. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Shake said:

I have a personal dislike against them both. I don't need to go into the occult between Disney and Spielberg..even Google has the dots. 

 

 

I was hoping you'd have interesting insights to share. No problem!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...