Jump to content



Recommended Posts

Subject to private communications i am reinstating the old Anthropomancy thread that was developed on the legacy forum. Over on Reddit r/anthropomancy exists but from info i have Reddit is going to be subject to a takeover & its going to purge a lot of stuff. so i will use this thread to collect & collate all the cases. Its NSFW. Its nasty stuff. So if easily upset dont read this thread. You have been warned.


Quote;Anthropomancy (from Greek anthropos (ἄνθρωπος, man) and manteia (μαντεία, divination)) is a method of divination by the entrails of dead or dying men or women, often virgin female children, through sacrifice.

This practice was sometimes also called splanchomancy. In ancient Etruria and Rome, the usual variety of divination from entrails was haruspicy (performed by an haruspex), in which the sacrifice was an animal

there has been an explosion in victims turning up, found with their internal organs removed in such a way that suggests a ritual component to it. we hope to shine a light on this with the purpose of trying to find a pattern either seen or unseen (EG the occult), which will help to catch the types of.....entity that is killing these victims.


Edited by Tetragrammaton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jack the Ripper's victims; subjected to anthropomancy?



Has a starting point heres some material from the Wiki entry on Jack the rippers victims:




Mary Ann Nichols (nicknamed "Polly") was killed on Friday 31 August 1888. Her body was discovered by market porter Charles Cross at about 3:40 a.m. on the ground in front of a gated stable entrance in Buck's Row (now Durward Street), a back street in Whitechapel 200 yards from the London Hospital. Her throat was severed deeply by two cuts; the lower part of the abdomen was partly ripped open by a deep, jagged wound. There also were several incisions running across the abdomen, and three or four similar cuts on the right side caused by the same knife used violently and downwards.[10]

Annie Chapman (maiden name Eliza Ann Smith, nicknamed "Dark Annie") was killed on Saturday 8 September 1888. Her body was discovered about 6 a.m., lying on the ground near a doorway in the back yard of 29 Hanbury Street, Spitalfields. Like Mary Ann Nichols's, her throat was severed by two cuts. Her abdomen was slashed entirely open, and it was later discovered that the uterus had been removed.[11]

Elizabeth Stride (nicknamed "Long Liz") was killed on Sunday 30 September 1888. Her body was discovered about 1 a.m., lying on the ground in Dutfield's Yard, off Berner Street (now Henriques Street) in Whitechapel. There was one clear-cut incision on the neck; the cause of death was massive blood loss from the nearly severed main artery on the left side. The cut through the tissues on the right side was more superficial, and tapered off below the right jaw. That there also were no mutilations to the abdomen has left some uncertainty about the identity of Elizabeth's murderer, along with the suggestion her killer was disturbed during the attack.

Catherine Eddowes (also known as "Kate Conway", "Kate Kelly" and "Mary Ann Kelly", from the surnames of her two "common-law husbands", Thomas Conway and John Kelly) was, like Elizabeth Stride, killed on Sunday 30 September 1888. Her body was found in Mitre Square, in the City of London, three-quarters of an hour after Stride's. The throat was, as in the former two cases, severed by two cuts; the abdomen was ripped open by a long, deep, jagged wound. The left kidney and the major part of the uterus had been removed. She was 46. Her and Stride's murders were later called "The Double Event" in the media, and across London.

Mary Jane Kelly (called herself "Marie Jeanette Kelly" after a trip to Paris; nicknamed "Ginger") was killed on Friday 9 November 1888. Her gruesomely mutilated body was discovered shortly after 10:45 a.m., lying on the bed in the single room where she lived at 13 Miller's Court, off Dorset Street, Spitalfields. Her throat had been severed down to the spine, and her abdomen virtually emptied of its organs. Her heart was missing.

Maybe Jack The Ripper was involved in some sort of occult operation involving the use of Anthopomancy. it could have been the case that he was using the murders has a form of divination. The way the victims remains were found, maybe he sought to have the organs fall out in a particular way that would be seen has a particular omen/divination.

Has an add on i include a map of all the official ripper murders:






The placement of the murders shows geographically a lopsided pentagram. This seems to enforce an occult motive behind the murders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Child sacrifice and ritual murders rise in Uganda as famine looms (6th Sep 2009)







When James Katana returned from a church service to his village in the Bugiri district of eastern Uganda he was told that his three-year old son had been taken away by strangers.

"We were looking for my child for hours, but we couldn't find him," he said. "Someone rang me and told me my son was dead and had been left in the forest. I ran there and saw him lying in a pool of blood. His genitals had been cut off, but he was still alive." A witch-doctor is now in police custody, accused of the abduction and attempted murder of the boy.


Despite the mutilation and terror the child experienced, police say he was one of the lucky ones. Uganda has been shocked by a surge in ritualistic murders and human sacrifice, with police struggling to respond and public hysteria mounting at each gruesome discovery.


In 2008 more than 300 cases of murder and disappearances linked to ritual ceremonies were reported to the police with 18 cases making it to the courts. There were also several high-profile arrests of parents and relatives accused of selling children for human sacrifice.

In January this year the Ugandan government appointed a special police taskforce on human sacrifice and announced that 2,000 officers were to receive specialist training in tackling child trafficking with the support of the US government. Since the taskforce was set up there have been 15 more murders linked to human sacrifice with another 200 disappearances, mainly of children and young adults, under investigation.

"This year we have had more occurrences of people attempting to sell their children to witch-doctors as part of ritual ceremonies to guarantee wealth and prosperity," said Moses Binoga, acting commissioner of the anti-human sacrifice and trafficking taskforce. 

Both police and NGOs are attributing the surge to a new wave of commercial witch-doctors using mass media to market their services and demand large sums of money to sacrifice humans and animals for people who believe blood will bring great prosperity. 

"Cases of child sacrifice have always existed, mainly in the Ugandan central region, but there is a new strain of traditional healers in Uganda and their geographical spread is mainly attributed to increased unemployment and poverty," said Elena Lomeli. She is a volunteer with the British charity VSO who is supporting ANPPCAN Uganda, a child abuse NGO, in its work with victims in the capital Kampala. "My experience working with victims suggests that the abusers are greedy people who want to get rich quick. In rural areas, people can sacrifice their own child. In urban areas, educated and rich people will look for somebody else's."

Looming food shortages and famine hitting Uganda's poorest in the north and east are also feeding the demand for sacrificial rituals. "These are not poor people paying for these rituals, they are the wealthy elite taking advantage of the desperate poor," said Binoga. "In January a 21-year-old woman was jailed for 16 months for kidnapping a child and trying to sell him to a witch-doctor for a large sum. These cases are on the increase."

Ugandan police are increasingly linking the sudden increase in cases to organ trafficking. The anti-human trafficking taskforce said many of the bodies found in the past few months were missing organs such as kidneys, hearts and livers, a detail not consistent with many traditional ritualistic practices.

In May a report released by the US State Department said Uganda had become an international hub for human trafficking and highlighted the increased trade of children in the east of the country for their body parts . "We are investigating the possibility that some of these murders are the work of an international organ trafficking ring who are making these murders look like human sacrifice," said Binoga.

Despite the rise in cases, Ugandan police have secured a number of convictions and point to the high-profile trial of Kato Kajubi, a businessman accused of sacrificing a 12-year-old boy to guarantee the success of a new venture.

"According to our judicial system we can't charge people for these specific crimes, we have to charge them with murder, kidnap and intent to murder but these cases take about six months to process," said Binoga. "But many cases are going through the courts and a message has been sent. This year we have charged 10 people with homicide related to sacrificial practices, but we need parliament to pass a specific law to help us fight these crimes."

Government officials have warned that perceived police inaction over the ritual murders could lead to political instability as mob justice takes over.

Roland Kakooza Mutale, director of special duties in Uganda's state house, said the ritual murders of mostly poor children were "politically frightening" and that action had to be taken quickly.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anthropomancy & the UFO connection



Here is a video of a veteran police officer working for MUFON talking about aspects of human mutilations associated with UFO activity that share similar traits with Anthropomancy type injuries:

Butch Witkowsk a 27 year veteran homicide detective now a volunteer investigator for MUFON. What he presented at the annual Pennsylvania Local MUFON conference on human bodies found mutilated like the cattle will shock you, very graphic details given:


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Body parts of missing Brooklyn boy found in freezer (14th July 2011)







An eight-year-old boy who got lost while walking home alone was killed and dismembered by a stranger he had asked for directions. His remains were found stuffed in a rubbish bin and the man's refrigerator, police said on Wednesday.

The gruesome killing of Leiby Kletzky has shocked the Jewish community in Borough Park, Brooklyn, in part because it is one of the safest sections of New York and because the man under arrest is an Orthodox Jew.


A day-and-a-half search for the boy ended with the discovery of his severed feet inside a freezer at the home of a man who had been spotted with the child on a surveillance video, police said. The rest of the remains were in bins in another neighbourhood.

"It is every parent's worst nightmare," said police commissioner Raymond Kelly.


The 35-year-old suspect, Levi Aron, had implicated himself in the killing, he said.

Police said there was no evidence the boy was sexually assaulted, but they would not otherwise shed any light on a motive except to say Aron told them he "panicked" when he saw photos of the missing boy on fliers distributed in the neighbourhood. Police are looking into whether Aron has a history of mental illness.

Aron was arrested on a charge of second-degree murder. The medical examiner's office said it was still investigating how the boy was killed.

Meanwhile, thousands gathered around a Borough synagogue for the boy's funeral service, with speakers broadcasting over a loudspeaker. They spoke and chanted in Yiddish and Hebrew, stressing the community's resilience and unity after what one called an unnatural death.

Many of the mothers who gathered outside the Kletzky family home on Wednesday said the streets were normally safe enough for a child to walk home alone.

Adel Erps, like other neighbours, expressed shock the suspect was Jewish. "It hurts so much more," she said.

When detectives arrived at his apartment at about 2.40am local time, they asked him where the boy was, and he nodded toward the kitchen, Kelly said.

Detectives saw blood on the freezer door and opened it to discover the feet inside, wrapped in plastic bags. A cutting board and three bloody carving knives were in the refrigerator and a plastic rubbish sack with bloody towels was found nearby.

Aron told police where to find the rest of the body. It was in pieces, wrapped in plastic bags, inside a red suitcase that had been placed into a rubbish bin in another part of Brooklyn, Kelly said.


Police and volunteers had been looking since late Monday afternoon for Leiby, who disappeared while on his way to meet his mother on a street corner seven blocks from his day camp. It was the first time he was allowed to walk the route alone. His parents had taken him on a practice run on Friday.

The break in the case came when investigators watched a grainy video that showed the boy, wearing his backpack, getting into a car with a man outside a dentist's office. Leiby was last seen wearing dark pants and a short-sleeved shirt and yarmulke.

Police said the boy had evidently missed a turn and got lost.

Detectives tracked the dentist down to his home in New Jersey, and he remembered someone coming to pay a bill. Police identified Aron using records from the office, and 40 minutes later he was arrested.

Kelly said it was "totally random" that Aron grabbed the boy and, aside from a summons for urinating in public, he had no criminal record.

He had lived in New York most of his life and worked as a clerk at a hardware supply store around the corner from his home, authorities said.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Four year old boy found dead in Manilla with organs missing (no date registered)






MANILA, Philippines -- The body of a four-year old boy missing since March 19 was found decapitated and disemboweled in Rizal province on Thursday.

Elena Obania, the victim’s mother, said neighbors found the body of Mark Eljine Escarmosa in a creek near their home in Barangay Malaya, Pililla, Rizal and informed the boy’s grandfather, who happened to be passing by.

Elena said they confirmed the body was Mark’s from the clothes he was wearing when he disappeared.

The boy’s head was found later.

Elena said Mark’s abdomen was sliced open and his internal organs were missing.

She said Mark had apparently wandered off when he became impatient waiting for his grandfather to finish cooking.

Authorities said it was possible the boy had fallen in the creek and had been eaten by monitor lizards or other animals.

But Elena said she doubted this, noting that the cut in her child’s abdomen was straight and his body did not attract flies or ants, suggesting it may have been treated with chemicals.

She added that they had been to the creek during their search for the boy. “Kung nahulog ‘yun, dapat nandoon pa tsinelas niya (If he had fallen in, his slippers should have been there),” she said.

However, no autopsy was conducted on Mark’s remains, because these were already in advanced decomposition and missing the internal organs.

The boy is scheduled to be buried Saturday.


(mod note; i have included the link but again.. "they" have deleted it.....)





Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buckingham Mountain mutilation (June 1977)




Note "they" deleted the article, but thankfully it was archived in time;




The killer mutilated her body in unimaginable ways and dumped her on a wooded hillside, leaving her partially hidden from the road that wound down from a church and cemetery at the top. She lay, naked and face down, on a bed of dead leaves; crumbled bits of tanned vegetation tangled in her frizzy brown hair. There were two empty beer cans and a sunflower seed pouch ditched nearby; trash from another day. Her last day on the hillside was Sunday, June 12, 1977. It was a warm and clear day, with temperatures in the high 70s and a slight breeze blowing through the woods as the birds, squirrels and ants picked away at the world.

No one knew how long she lay there beneath the trees, her arms tucked against her body. It could have been just an hour, or 12 or even 36 hours before she was found.

It looked like a body

The first time George Childs drove past, he was looking for a stream running to the base of the large, steep rise that locals called Buckingham Mountain, or Church Hill. It was about 1:15 p.m. He glanced out the driver’s side window as his pickup chugged around a bend on the northern slope on Holicong Road in Buckingham Township.

He didn’t find the stream, but something in the tangle of dead leaves and underbrush caught his eye. The first time he saw it, it looked like a naked body, he later told police.

His son Mark, a Temple University student, was with him. They were running errands before heading back to the city.

Childs wanted another look, so he drove across the railroad tracks near Upper Mountain Road, turned around and headed back up the hill a second time.

They backed up a bit to get a clear look — and they were sure. About 10 feet down a steep slope from the road on the northern face of the hill was the naked body of a woman. The horrified father and son continued up the hill to the next home and asked the resident to call police. There was a body on the side of the mountain.

Officer Ellwood Barnhardt arrived about 15 minutes later. He checked the body for vital signs and confirmed the woman was dead.

Soon, the area was crawling with officers. Buckingham police Detective Stephen Daniels — who later became chief of police — joined the coroner, county detectives and rescue personnel on the hillside.

Detectives said that they knew from the beginning that whoever she was, she hadn’t been killed where they found her. At the time, Daniels hadn’t been a detective for long. It was his first murder case. County Detectives Richard Batezel and Robert Gergal took the lead.

The officers began knocking on doors at the handful of homes along Holicong Road on the hill. There were fewer homes there in the 1970s; the northern slope was once two larger properties that were later divided into smaller lots and sold off in the decades since.

The officers asked residents if anyone was missing, if anyone had heard anything suspicious. No one had. Daniels said residents were shocked and scared. There just weren’t murders in Buckingham, which at the time was made up of largely farmland, an abandoned quarry, scattered homes and open woodland.

Police roped off the area near the body and collected everything that could be evidence; even the beer cans and sunflower seed pouch. They rummaged through the leaves and the rocks on the hillside, hoping for a cutting weapon, the victim’s clothing or her identification. Later, they would collect several clumps of hair and chunks of the forest floor from beneath her body. They took pictures and examined the body before moving her.

One detective guessed in his notes that the woman was about 20; another said 30. She was about 5 feet 5 inches tall, about 130 pounds. Her ears were pierced and her fingernails were polished silver. She had distinct frizzy, brown hair, which fell to about shoulder length on her short-necked body. The only thing she was wearing was a little 10-carat, yellow-gold ring carved with the word “Love,” in fat block letters with a diamond chip in the “o.”

After police took one last picture of her body on the ground, a stretcher was brought down the steep embankment. A team of cops and paramedics rolled her over.

As she flopped from face down to face up, they saw what had been done to her. This was more than a murder; this was a gutting.


Experienced homicide detectives say that they can think of only a few reasons why a killer would gut a victim: as a ritual murder; to cut drugs from a smuggler; or tear out a pregnancy.

On that sunny, peaceful Sunday on Church Hill, as a vision born in hell lay at their feet, investigators opened their minds to the idea that this murder might be the work of Satanists, or others dabbling in the occult or black magic.

Still, there was no crime scene, no weapon, and no clue to who the victim was. And as day slipped into night, the detectives turned their hopes from knocking on doors around the hill and countryside below to an autopsy by medical examiner Hal Fillinger and coroner Dr. Stanley Goodwin, who examined the unknown woman’s body in the ground floor morgue of Doylestown Hospital.

Fillinger’s notes, which detectives have preserved all these years, detailed the autopsy:

“The body is viewed in the Doylestown Hospital Morgue at 10:35 p.m. on June 12, 1977. The body is that of a fairly well-developed, well-nourished white female whose age appears somewhat older than 21 to perhaps 25 years of age. The body is viewed unclothed. The head is grossly normocephalic (normal) and the scalp is covered with a considerable quantity of rather long, thick, kinky, shoulder-length brown hair. The irides (eyes) are brown. …”

The doctors found tiny ant bites covering her body, and marks on her buttocks indicating she had been dragged along the ground. Fillinger noted hemorrhages on her cheeks and around her eyes, as well as a line of discoloration across her upper chest. He noted that she was eviscerated, and that the wound was made with “deer-cutting precision.” She’d also suffered multiple stab wounds to her chest.

Fillinger told investigators that the woman’s body had been washed out and nearly all the lower organs had been removed. A towel, which the doctor described as tan or “Turkish,” was removed from the body cavity.

Technicians swabbed the body looking for evidence. (DNA testing wasn’t available in 1977.) Toxicology tests would later show a small amount of alcohol in the woman’s system, enough that she was mildly intoxicated.

Fillinger saved his most horrifying revelation of the autopsy for the end of his report: The victim may have been alive when she was eviscerated.

He said there were small cuts on her right thumb and left pinkie that could be defensive wounds. And there were bruising and hemorrhaging at the back of her scalp, suggesting she’d been struck in the back of the head, but not hard enough to crack or break her skull.

Fillinger surmised that she was struck three times in the back of the head. Perhaps she’d been dazed and was weakly defending herself as she was gutted, he told detectives.

The experts ruled she’d been killed at some point between 1:30 p.m. Friday, June 10, and 1:30 a.m. Sunday, June 12, 1977; anywhere from 48 to just 12 hours before she’d been found.

While the examination provided some useful information, detectives still had no idea of their victim’s identity. There were no reports of missing persons matching her description and no one along Holicong, Lower Mountain or Upper Mountain roads recognized her. Copies of her fingerprints were sent to state police. Dental impressions were also taken in the hopes they might match up with a missing person report.

As Sunday turned to Monday, there were no leads. As they often do, police turned to the media for help. They gave reporters the woman’s photo. Someone must know her and someone must miss her, they thought.

A picture in the paper

That Monday’s newspapers ran a photo of the dead woman on their inside pages.

“The District Attorney’s office has asked that this picture be printed in hopes someone may identify this woman whose body was found in Buckingham Township yesterday,” the Courier Times caption read.

The picture was taken from a slight angle; a shot of the woman’s head resting on a morgue gurney. Her eyes were closed and her wild hair fanned out on the pillow with bits of leaf still tangled in it. She could have been sleeping.

The papers also ran a description: white, about 30, 5 feet 5 inches tall, about 130 pounds, with brown, frizzy, shoulder-length hair. Reporters wrote about the “Love” ring, too.

The coroner, Goodwin, told the reporters she’d been left on the hill for seven or eight hours, but hadn’t died there. Police said she’d been stabbed to death, but left out the grislier details that first day.

There was a phone number for tips, and a message imploring readers to call police if they knew anything about the victim, or the crime.

The first calls that came in were strange; a police officer thought a witch who lived in Yardley might be involved. She ran a palm reading business with her husband, a former member of the Breed motorcycle gang.

Another tipster called to report she’d seen Temple University students practicing witchcraft at the top of Church Hill months earlier.

The church at the top, Mt. Gilead African Episcopal Methodist Church, was a historic landmark. It was built by runaway slaves in 1830 and had been a stop on the Underground Railroad. But years had taken their toll, and the historic cemetery had become a place where teens and adults got wasted and high. Buckingham police had been called more than once to chase away the noisy partiers.

But most of the callers thought they knew who the victim was. One caller said she looked like a Bensalem woman who had bought her dog four years earlier. Another said she looked like a girl who went to the same doctor she did — at least until the doctor was busted for dealing speed.

Others said she was a neighbor, or a customer. A Philadelphia woman worried that the dead woman was her missing sister. A man called saying he hadn’t heard from his wife, a Montgomery County detective. Then he called back to say the wife had checked in.

More calls poured in. She was a hitchhiker, a babysitter, a customer who also had a “Love” ring. A neighbor with false teeth. The wife of a Richland arsonist. A friend who was shorter than the description but looked just like that.

One man even called to report that she looked like a one-night stand he’d had in Baltimore eight months earlier.

Yet, while all those calls were coming in to police, at least one person had the sick feeling that he knew who the body on Church Hill was.

On the afternoon of June 13, 1977, a 49-year-old Bristol Township man made his way down Route 13 to 927 Spring St. in Bristol, where his daughter lived. He pulled up and got out just as two young men and a young woman were heading into his daughter’s apartment building.

He stopped them a moment.

“Have any of you seen my daughter lately?” he asked. None had, but they thought maybe she’d just gone to the Shore, as she had in the past, without telling anyone.

The father warily stretched out his hand, holding a copy of the newspaper, folded to show the picture of a the woman lying on a gurney with her eyes closed.

Did they think it’s her?

The young woman, Cathy East, was the first to call police. She said the victim’s father still wanted to wait a few more days to see if he heard from his daughter. She said he still hoped the picture lied. About that same time, the man who’d been walking around with the newspapers worked up the courage to call the District Attorney’s Office.

At 7:25 p.m. Monday night, Francis Ritterson, his wife, Nancy, and Francis’ younger brother, Harry, walked into the county courthouse in Doylestown looking for county detectives. And 25 minutes later, they were being ushered into Doylestown Hospital’s morgue.

“Yes,” they said, after viewing the body. It was their 20-year-old daughter, Shaun Eileen Ritterson.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dead child found dead with internal organs missing in Madagascar (2011)






Two men have been burned alive by a crowd in Madagascar who suspected them of trafficking human organs after a dead child was found on a beach, police say.

The men, one of whom was French, were hunted down and killed by residents on the island of Nosy Be, one of the Indian Ocean island's leading tourism hubs.

"They [the crowd] suspected them of organ trafficking," the Madagascar police chief Desire Johnson Rakotondratsima said. "It appears that one of the foreigners admitted it in front of the local residents after they found the dead body of a child."

Police are searching for a third suspected organ trafficker, a Malagasy man, he said.

France's foreign ministry said one of the dead men was French. A French interior ministry official said the body of the child had been found with organs removed.

The French foreign ministry said it had warned its 700 citizens in Madagascar to avoid all travel within the country and asked those planning to travel there to delay their trip.

"We are counting on the Malagasy authorities to bring to light the exact circumstances of this and have asked them to take measures to increase security for our nationals on the ground, given that Nosy Be is a popular tourist destination," a spokesman said.

Nosy Be is an island off the north-western tip of mainland Madagascar famous for its turquoise waters and white-sand beaches.

Analysts say crime has increased in Madagascar since the president, Andry Rajoelina, seized power through a coup more than four years ago, plunging the country into political turmoil and leading donors to freeze aid, which dented public spending.

Almost 80% of households now live below the poverty line, one of the highest rates in Africa.


(Mods note: Again i include the link but yet again "they" have deleted it...)



Edited by Tetragrammaton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2006 Noida serial murders





The Noida serial murders (also Nithari serial murders or Nithari Kand) occurred in the house of businessman Moninder Singh Pandher in Sector-31, Noida near Nithari village, Uttar PradeshIndia in 2005 and 2006. Moninder Singh was convicted in two out of the five cases against him and his servant who aided him was convicted in 10 out of the 16 cases against him.[1] Both were sentenced to death.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cold Case Review of mutilation killings (1976-1986)







The head lay in the alley like an abandoned toy.

Its eyes were closed as if in sleep, but the head could no longer dream. Arley Bell Killian's secrets and memories, fantasies and fears - everything that made her human - had spilled from it with her life's blood, and now she was no more.

Nothing but the plaything of a killer.

Between 1976 and 1986, the killer struck at least three times in near northeast Oklahoma City, stalking through sparsely populated neighborhoods that had emptied to make way for highway construction. His victims occupied the dark cracks in society's walls, poor and desperate, women willing to lie with strangers in exchange for drugs, booze, food or smokes.

They were the easiest of victims, approachable and alone, and he turned them into fuel for his grisly fantasies. Each was dismembered, not with a surgeon's skill but with the rough wisdom of a butcher. He mutilated the face of at least one woman and used the bodies of the other two to play a twisted game with police - scattering parcels of flesh for them to find, then leaving more once they had gone.

"This guy took great pleasure in placing the body out to be found and taunting police and making sure that the portions that he wanted found were found. ... They were placed in areas where he knew they would be found for their shock value," said Oklahoma City police cold case Inspector Kyle Eastridge.

The killer began his game nearly 32 years ago.

Police are still playing to win.

'I could tell it was human'

The first victim was found on April Fool's Day 1976, and at first, everyone thought it was a joke.

About 3 p.m., three Standard Drilling Co. workers got bored while waiting for a colleague. Gene Shores suggested to Jimmy Bishop and Decho Duke that they kill time by exploring a vacant house at 325 NE 8.

"Who knows?" he told Bishop. "We might find a dead body."

The front door was boarded shut, but Shores and Duke found the back door unlocked. They slipped inside as Bishop entered through a hole in the side of the house.

The structure was dark, even in the cool light of afternoon. Fumbling through the living room, Bishop stumbled over something on the floor, then kicked it out of his way. The room smelled strange, and as he peered into a shadowy corner, near an overturned chest of drawers and a fireplace, the odor grew so strong that he backed away.

Bishop warned the others about the stench, but Shores, carrying the broken handle of a hoe, ignored the admonition. He stumbled over the same object as Bishop. They would later learn they'd tripped over a woman's severed thigh.

"Right at the door, there was a popcorn box, like you'd get at the drive-in to hold your popcorn and drinks and candy and all that," Bishop said. "There was one of them leaning up there. Gene took his stick and hit it, and when he hit it, well, a head came rolling out. We both just kind of stared at it, and being the dummy I was, I picked it up.

"He said, 'That's a dog's head.' I said, 'No, it's not.' I could tell it was human."

Bishop stuffed the head back into the popcorn box, and the men dashed outside to get help. No one took them seriously, apparently thinking it was an April Fool's Day prank. Once inside the house, though, police quickly realized it was no joke.

Years pass before identity

The head and leg were recovered. So was the woman's torso, which had been left near the fireplace.

The victim's face had been mutilated, an autopsy report shows. Multiple incisions, mostly vertical, had been carved into the flesh. A horizontal wound cut through the cheeks on both sides, extending the angles of the mouth as if the killer had tried to create a gaping smile. An incision sliced through the center of the lower lip and into the chin - a wound that would later prove significant to investigators.

"It was horrible," Duke said. "It was horrible to see."

For well over a decade, the victim was logged in the books as a Jane Doe. Authorities tried to identify her, comparing her teeth to dental records of several missing women, but the effort was fruitless. A sculptor worked with police some years later to produce a clay reconstruction of the woman's face. Still nothing.

Finally, in 1993, Andra Medina called the police. Her cousin, Cathy Lyn Shackelford, had been missing for 17 years. Medina had held off on calling the police because her mother said it wasn't her place; Shackelford's immediate family should make the call. When her mother died, though, Medina could wait no more. She contacted police.

Shackelford's remains were identified that same day. After DNA tests confirmed the match, the 18-year-old woman, a member of the Sac and Fox tribe, was buried among her relatives in an American Indian cemetery in Shawnee.

"We always talk about her," Medina said recently. "We always wonder what things would be like if she was here. She was such a caring person. She'd be willing to give you a hug before anybody else."

'Toying with investigators'

Killian was the next to die.

On the night of April 19, 1979, a dog found Killian's head, dragging it down an alley in the 300 block of NE 10 toward some kids playing basketball on a hoop with no net.

"That prompted a call to police," Eastridge said, "and they started a search of the area. They found portions of what was identified as body parts of ... Killian scattered throughout that neighborhood wrapped in newspaper and brown paper and some in brown paper sacks."

Along with Killian's left hand and parts of her pelvis, the killer left several pancake-sized segments of skin and adipose tissue - all of it strangely bloodless, as if it had been carefully washed and cleaned.

Officers canvassed the area and returned the next morning to make sure they hadn't overlooked anything, Eastridge said. Even so, they were called back to the neighborhood repeatedly during the next two weeks. Body parts kept turning up until May 1, when Killian's torso, arms and part of her left leg were found in the 200 block of NE 7.

"The first thing that pops into your mind as an investigator is, 'Did the guys (officers) who were originally there miss things?'" Eastridge said. "When you go out looking for body parts, you're not looking for the trash and debris they're wrapped in. But I reviewed the case files, and I think they did a pretty thorough job. ... That leads you ultimately to believe this guy had to be just toying with investigators."

Killian, 22, was identified by fingerprints on April 25. Relatives told police they'd seen her "several hours" before her head was found.

Suspicion fell on one of her male relatives. Newspaper accounts said he escaped from a mental hospital the same day as the killing, and he had a history of violent behavior. In 1976, the same year as the Shackelford murder, he'd been arrested after allegedly butchering two of his grandmother's dogs with a hatchet and tossing their remains into buckets. Two years later, he was arrested after allegedly attacking his grandmother with a steak knife.

Police records of the investigation into the man are not available, but one thing is clear: He was re-arrested in connection with the hospital escape on April 24 - more than a week before Killian's final remains were found. If he was in custody at the time, he couldn't have dumped the body.

In 1984, another suspect turned up. Serial killer Henry Lee Lucas confessed to murdering Killian. At the time, though, Lucas was confessing to nearly every unsolved homicide in the nation, at one point claiming responsibility for more than 300 murders and being investigated for more than 600. His involvement in Killian's death was eventually discounted.

"We do have a record of him being in Oklahoma City during his travels," Eastridge said, "but I ... think this was someone who lived in the area, someone who knew the area pretty well. I mean, if you think about taking body parts and placing them around in public, you would almost have to be comfortable with the area you're in, because that's something that's certainly going to draw attention if someone sees you.

"I know a lot of the parts were wrapped, but I'm talking about a human head."

'They were just cut into bits'

On March 6, 1986, a man found a woman's upper torso, lower left leg and some pieces of tissue in an alley behind his house at 501 NE 1.

Six days later, the matching head turned up behind a house at 507 N Lindsay. It lay so close to a trash fire that much of the face had burned off.

The victim - Tina Sanders, 22 - was identified by two tattoos on her shoulders: a Playboy bunny and the words, "Lady Aries." She was last seen alive on March 5.

In mid-April, police publicly linked Sanders' death to those of Killian and Shackelford, who was then still a Jane Doe. The connections were obvious:

Shackelford and Killian each had a distinctive incision through the center of the lower lip.

Killian and Sanders' body parts were intentionally scattered at different intervals.

The women were dismembered, and certain body parts, including sexual organs, were never found.

All were left within a mile of each other in a predominantly black neighborhood.

All were known prostitutes. ("Killian was a paint sniffer who lived on the street, and she was known to be a prostitute just to get by," Eastridge said. "That doesn't mean she was on a corner like everyone thinks with a prostitute. She was just doing what she had to do to get by. I think all of these women were the same way.")

All were young American Indian women with the same body type.

Each death occurred in the spring.

By all indications, there was at least one other similarity: The killer didn't rush with the butchery.

"There is evidence to suggest that this person took his time with the victims and may even have toyed with their bodies, at least post-mortem, not to mention the time it would've taken to dissect them into pieces," Eastridge said.

Initially, rumors persisted in media reports and on the streets that the killer was a medical student or physician, someone familiar with human anatomy and skilled in dissection. After all, the OU Medical Center was nearby, and who else could make those cuts?

Just about anyone, Eastridge said.

"There's nothing surgical about this," he said. "It's just a gruesome and terrible tearing-down of the human body. Basically, all these girls, they were just cut into bits."

Additional victims?

After all these years, Eastridge and his partner, Mike Burke of the Oklahoma County district attorney's office, have little to go on.

No DNA. No fingerprints. Just seven boxes of dusty documents and photographs.

Two questions concern them the most: Who killed these women? And are there other victims?

"It is interesting to note," Eastridge said in an e-mail, "that the first two murders are three years apart. The last murder is approximately seven years later. Is there a victim in between we don't know about?"

The detectives are looking for any possible connections to a man who was arrested last month in the grisly 1989 slaying of Audrey Harris, whose case was featured in Cold Case OKC in December. Roderick Webster, 52, is accused of disemboweling Harris while she was still alive, ripping out her intestines and reproductive organs and throwing them around her apartment.

"We were always concerned that all these body parts were collected, but the same parts that were removed from ... Harris were never found with any of these victims," Eastridge said. "It's not unusual for these types of killers to be a collector and collect certain parts from a victim."

Distinct differences exist between the Harris case and the others, though. Harris was elderly and white. She was not dismembered, nor was she a prostitute. Her body was found right where the killing occurred, not taken elsewhere and dumped.

"It's just something that we ... want to check into," Eastridge said.

Whoever the killer is, he has won his horrible game so far.

Medina, whose cousin was the first to die, hopes police will end it soon.

"He cut off her breasts and cut her mouth open," Medina said. "He scalped her. He cut from her female organs up and opened her up. That's what police said, anyway. And he cut her hands off, her arms off, her legs. Everything. So that was just kind of ...."

She paused, choking back tears.

"That was hard to hear and imagine, but we just try to think that she's in a better place now. We try to think that way, but sometimes we wonder about who this was, who done this to her. Is this person alive? ... Is it somebody who's dead and gone already?

"We just want to know."

Related Articles and Links

Slideshow about the murders Cold Case OKC blog

A reconstructed picture of a woman killed and dismembered by a serial killer in 1976, went unidentified for 17 years until a Shawnee woman called an Oklahoma City police detective in March asking if a cousin could still be reported missing. Assisted by genetic testing and facial comparisons provided by the OU Medical Media Library, the serial murder victim was identified Monday as Cathy Lyn Shackelford, 18. Staff photo by Steve Sisney. Photo dated 11/29/1993.


(Mods note again i include the link but the articles has been scrubbed...)



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dick Van Veltzen: The doctor who kept the organs of 850 children in 2000 pots







A pathologist who secretly ordered the removal of organs from hundreds of children's bodies was found guilty of serious professional misconduct by the General Medical Council yesterday and struck off the UK medical register.

Dick van Velzen was responsible for removing hundreds of organs from infants at Alder Hey children's hospital in Liverpool, when he took the parts without the consent of their parents.


More than 2,000 pots containing body parts from 850 children were discovered in a filthy cellar at the hospital during an investigation into the retention of organs.

Last week, the GMC's fitness to practise panel, sitting in Manchester, found 46 charges against Professor Van Velzen, 55, to be proved, after a three-week hearing.


Iain Chisholm, chairman of the panel, said the professor had retained organs without permission and effectively lied to the parents of dead children.

"He practised out of the boundary and was out of touch with people's feelings," Mr Chisholm said. "It was a violation of children's bodies. He has undermined the trust placed in medical practitioners to such an extent it has damaged the medical profession as a whole."

His reckless conduct had caused great distress to the parents of the children involved, he said. "The parents of children who died trusted Professor Van Velzen to care for and respect the remains of their loved ones. Professor Van Velzen violated that trust." Mr Chisholm apologised to the public on behalf of the medical profession.

The GMC must now decide whether to allow Prof Van Velzen 28 days to appeal or to strike him off.

Paul Dearlove, a former laboratory officer at the Liverpool children's hospital, told the hearing that the pathologist kept pots in a filthy cellar and that some of the samples were deteriorating.

Prof Van Velzen, who was in charge of pathology at Alder Hey between 1988 and 1995, never bothered to attend the fitness to practise panel hearing sitting in Manchester, nor did he send any legal representation. He told representatives from the GMC that he did not wish to know anything about the proceedings.

His predecessors had stored small samples of tissue from children's organs. But Prof Van Velzen ordered laboratory staff to retain thousands of pots of organs and to incinerate nothing. The discovery of the pots led to some parents having to carry out two or more funerals for their children. In the case of a 15-year-old, he carried out a full post- mortem examination against the express wishes of the parents, although he later denied this in a letter. In retaining children's organs without consent, Prof Van Velzen was breaking rules laid out in the Human Tissues Act 1961, which states that parts of the body can only be removed if no surviving relative objected.

After he left Liverpool, he worked at a health centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia. He was sacked by the centre for dissatisfactory performance. He was convicted in his absence in Canada of improperly storing body parts removed from a child and was given a conditional discharge and ordered to pay $2,000 (Canadian) to charity. He admitted the charge after the discovery of organs in a warehouse.

The parents of children involved in the Alder Hey scandal were annoyed that Prof Van Velzen did not have to face criminal charges. They said they felt "stabbed in the back" by the Crown Prosecution Service decision last December that there was insufficient evidence to prosecute.

The Redfern inquiry, published four years ago, said Prof Van Velzen had "systematically, illegally and unethically" removed the organs and lied to families. Following the publication of the report, he was dismissed from his job at a hospital in The Hague.

Christine Woods, from Kirkby, Merseyside, who lost her day-old son Scott in 1989 and later discovered most of his internal organs had been held in pots on a shelf in a storeroom at Alder Hey, welcomed the decision. "But it doesn't go far enough. There should be a change to international law to ensure that doctors struck off in one country cannot practise overseas.

"Van Velzen has no intention of ever returning to the UK, but is still free to perform postmortems in the Netherlands."



Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Adolfo Constanzo ritual murders






"I think the suspects must be possessed by the devil. That would be the only explanation for such bizarre actions."

So voiced the mother of slain victim Mark Kilroy, found murdered in Matamoros Mexico in April of 1989. Kilroy had been spending time over the Mexican-American border during spring break, when he suddenly disappeared. Missing for weeks, Kilroy's parents turned up the heat on the Mexican government, causing an all out search for the missing boy. Eventually, he was found murdered, along with another grisly discovery. The investigation into the disappearance of Kilroy had accidentally led authorities to a graveyard of people who were all recently missing as well.

The bodies of dozens of people were found mutilated and sacrificed in occult rituals used for blessings over drug manufacturing. Carlos Tapia, Chief Deputy of Cameron County, Texas, remembers his shocking investigation. He stated:

"I thought in my twenty two years of law enforcement I had seen everything. I hadn't. As we drew near, you could smell the stench...blood and decomposing organs. In a big, cast iron pot there were pieces of human bodies and a goat's head with horns."

Authorities also discovered an assortment of "voodoo paraphernalia," a blood splattered altar of sacrifice, cheap rum, human body parts, animal bones, chicken and goat heads, as well as the witch's cauldron filled with the foul mixture of blood and flesh.

The human sacrifices offered to Satan were people who were abducted off of the streets, locals and otherwise. Tapia sheds some light on those who performed homage by human sacrifice to their god:

"In their wicked, distorted minds there was no seriousness. They thought they had performed some kind of heroic deed for the Devil. They believed that by sacrificing innocent human beings, their loads of marijuana would have an invisible shield of protection from law enforcement officers. They were moving an average of one thousand pounds a week across the border."

The ringleaders of the group, Adolfo Constanzo and Sara Aldrete, were both immersed in the occult and sold out to its application in order to gain prosperity. Carl Raschke, considered a leading authority on the occult, sets forth:

"Constanzo, like his American counterparts who had steeped themselves in the fashionable black arts as dictated over the years by such magical luminaries as Aleister Crowley and Anton LaVey, founder of the Church of Satan, could only be called a Satanist."

Constanzo's group was wound up in a voodoo type religion known as Santeria. Santeria encapsulates a ritualistic magic that slowly evolved to become a major religion in the Central America's. Its foundation is the occult and it's basic tenure parallels Satanism as defined by the chief Satanist of the twentieth century, Aleister Crowley. Migene Gonzalez-Wippler, author of Santeria: African Magic in Latin America, and devout follower as well defines Santeria through comparison:

"The English magician Aleister Crowley defined magic as the ability to effect changes in consciousness in accordance with the will of the magician. This definition agrees with the magical principles of Santeria."

Constanzos and Aldrete's actions resulted from obedience to occult powers. Santeria's all encompassing philosophy of Crowley's motto, "Do What Thou Wilt," allowed them the liberty to snuff out the lives of innocents. In the occult and Satanism there is no overall value system, no universal rules concerning sex, drinking, drugs, lying, etc. Professor Mercedes Sandoval, of Miami-Dade Community College underlines this very point. She says, "Santeria has no moral stance. It doesn't make judgements in your life. It doesn't say no to anything."

What led to the gruesome mass sacrifice of so many people in Matamoros? The motivations for the deranged killers sprouted not only from the Crowley-like Santeria, but also the big screens of Crowley-like Hollywood. Constanzo was known for giving psychic readings to many musicians and famous Hollywood celebrities. But aside from this, the greatest factor that most influenced him was a movie called The Believers. This film was actually a major contributor for inspiring Constanzo and his cronies to recapitulate what they viewed.

In 1987, director John Schlesinger made The Believers, starring Martin Sheen and Jimmy Smits. The film was about a New York City cult that sacrifices children to gain money and power and clearly bases much of its ritualism on Santeria. According to the confessions of the accused, their distinct style of religion had been based on the supernatural Hollywood movie. Occult researcher Carl Racshke confirms:

"It is not at all surprising that Constanzo and Sara Aldrete were infatuated with the movie The Believers. The magical practitioners in the film are portrayed as insuperable and almost all knowing."

The Matamoros group used the principles outlined in the movie as a springboard for executing their occult beliefs. Serafin Garcia, close participant with Constanzo and Aldrete totally succumbed to the message in the film. After being arrested, Garcia confessed to George Gavito the gravity of the situation. Gavito recalls:

"I remember I didn't understand what he was telling me. I said, 'Is it Santeria?' And he said, 'Yeah, yeah, Santeria, voodoo, man.' And then he kept on saying, 'The Believers, The Believers, The Believers.'"

Although unfamiliar with the ins and outs of Santeria, The Believers programmed Garcia and provided a mind-altering influence for his torturous slayings. Gavito adds:

"Elio made [Serafin] Garcia a priest, but Garcia didn't really know what he was practicing because all he had on his mind was the movie."

Sarah Aldrete, called the most "wickedly depraved" of the bunch by an interviewing officer, used the movie to recruit members into avenues of the occult. Rolling Stone magazine wrote:

"[There is]...a story making the rounds that tells of the night Aldrete persuaded three male friends to screen a video of The Believers. After the film, say the students, Aldrete stood up and began to preach in strange tones about the occult. 'They had been drinking and they just thought she was trying to be spooky,' says one student who knows the boys, 'but they look back on it now and think she must have been serious.'"

Satan's messages are without a doubt absorbed by the world and used as elusive tools for reconditioning. Incidents such as this proves that even movies that are not blockbuster types with full blown special effects have incredible potency to muster the sinful nature within man. Chief Deputy Carlos Tapia warns: "Don't get caught unawares like we did... Do yourself a favor. Save your kids!" Sadly, when the news of the sacrifices broke, instead of people avoiding evil and saving their kids, they jeopardized them and gravitated to it. Gary Provost, in his documentary The True Story of the Satanic Cult Killings, wrote:

"In video rental shops everywhere, clerks noticed a run on the film The Believers. When news stories reported that the movie had been used as a recruiting film by Constanzo's youth cult members, the stores had thousands of calls for the film."

If Hollywood says human sacrifices are acceptable, then acceptable they must be! Sadly, Mark Kilroy and a host of others had to lose their lives as a result. Don't allow your brain to be twisted and programmed by what the world defines as acceptable and innocent shows. Spend time with the Lord, learn of Him and let each day of your life be a devotion to Him.





Link to comment
Share on other sites

Organ trafficking: ‘Her heart was missing’ (17th May 2011)







The stories are grim and often impossible to confirm: illicit clinics, corrupt doctors and global networks dealing in human flesh.

International organ trafficking is a big business, with an estimated value of $50m in 2008, according to Michael Bos from the European Platform on Ethical Legal and Psychosocial Aspects of Organ Transplantation. 

The World Health Organisation (WHO) estimated in 2007 that organ trafficking accounts for between five and 10 per cent of kidney transplants performed annually across the globe.

Antonio Medina, 23, a paperless Central American migrant moving through Mexico to the US, says he knows a fellow traveller who witnessed organ trafficking, after he and his wife were captured by a criminal gang.


He was travelling with his wife and they [gangsters] took both of them,” Medina told Al Jazeera during an interview in Mexico. “They [gangsters] put them in separate rooms. He heard his wife screaming. After he went in and saw her on a table with her chest wide open and without her heart or kidney.”

Medina’s friend said he was saved from the grisly house-turned-clinic by Mexican soldiers. The claims, like many aspects of the organ trafficking business, are impossible to independently verify. 


“I have no doubt organs are being removed from bodies,” says David Shirk, a professor of political science and director of the Trans-Border Institute at the University of San Diego who has investigated trafficking. “But for the most part, organ trafficking occurs in hospitals, where there are corrupt medical practitioners.”


“Maybe people are cutting organs out as a form of torture – a great way to torture someone would be to tie them to a chair and pull their guts out in front of their eyes – but it is not credible to me that bodies are being used for transplants, as the procedure requires very sanitary conditions and careful donor matching,” he told Al Jazeera.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) defines organ trafficking as commercial transplantation, where there is profit, or transplantations occurring outside of national medical systems. Direct organ theft, including the case Medina described, represents only a small portion of global trafficking.

“There are criminal underground organisations providing kidney transplantations,” says Luc Noel, coordinator of essential health technologies at the WHO. “But most cases involve the poor, the destitute and the vulnerable that are willing to part with an organ for money.”

“The common denominator [with theft and “consensual” sales] is profiteering,” he told Al Jazeera.


Poor people can reportedly earn between $3,000 to $15,000 for selling their organs, specifically kidneys, to middlemen who re-sell them to wealthy buyers for as much as $200,000

In a 2009 report on organ trafficking, the Council of Europe and the United Nations concluded that there was possibly “a high number of unreported cases”, attributing this to the “huge profits and rather low risks for the perpetrators”.

Mexico is not considered one of the worst countries for organ trafficking; the grisly practice is thought to be most prevalent in Israel, India, China, Pakistan, Turkey, Brazil, Nepal, the Philippines, Kosovo, Iran, and former Soviet states in eastern Europe. 


“Transplant tourisms flourishes in areas with weak authorities,” says Noel from the WHO. “We do not want to see a society where the destitute become a store of organs for the wealthy and powerful.”



Customers normally come from the US, Western Europe, the Arab Gulf states, Israel and wealthy enclaves in the developing world. “The patients are also vulnerable and often extremely sick,” Noel says. “The solution is that each community should address its needs in organs. Public authorities need to increase awareness on the benefits of [volunteering] for transplants.”

Most people are coerced into selling their organs through a combination of misinformation and poverty, says Debra Budiani, a visiting scholar at the University of Pennsylvania’s Centre for Bioethics.
So, how does one go about buying an illicit organ? It’s a bit more complicated than walking to a shady part of town and haggling with a guy carrying wads of kidneys in his trench coat. 
“The procedure for American patients is to go online and look for these services,” Budiani told Al Jazeera. “This has been the framework for transplant tourism.”


China has been particularly sophisticated in using the internet to attract transplant tourists, she says. The nominally communist country has one of the world’s highest execution rates, and dead convicts provide a ready supply of healthy young organs.

Once patients arrive in China and the deal is set up, organisers will often force them to compete for the organs in intense bidding wars, Budiani says. “They will get into a situation in the hospital where they are waiting to see who will get the first organ from an executed prisoner,” and the highest bidder gets first pick, even though prices are normally negotiated before foreigners arrive in China.

“There is a lot of dirty business around these operations,” she says. “And it started with a lot of coordination on the internet.”

In a posting on a free announcements website in Tuxla Gutierrez, the capital of economically marginalised Chiapas state in southern Mexico, a user offers to pay $25,000 for an organ and promises to be “absolutely discrete and serious” with whoever responds to the add. The user leaves an e-mail address and says that the operation will be done in Houston, Texas. The proposed transaction is illegal, Budiani says.


In addition to her academic work at the University of Pennsylvania, Budiani directs the Coalition for Organ-Failure Solutions, a grassroots advocacy group.
The coalition is planning a trafficking hotline, to take calls from victims, so they can be linked to doctors and the appropriate authorities.”We are establishing a virtual social network, with mobile phones as the common denominator,” Budiani says. “Even if they are illiterate, they still have access to mobile phones.”
A prototype of the plan will be tested in Egypt and India in the coming months. The hotline could also act as a resource for understanding the sources of this kind of crime, she says, adding that Egypt’s recent revolution, and the political instability it has caused, creates a “vulnerable period where human trafficking could thrive”.
Back in Mexico, Antonio Medina says his friend whose wife had her organs stolen just wants to forget the whole experience. “We keep in touch by email, he is back in Honduras.” 
As seems standard with trafficking victims, they fall back into the shadows, often irreparably physically and emotionally scarred, isolated and alone.

“Migrants are highly vulnerable to various forms of exploitation,” says David Shirk. And that reality extends across the globe, from refugees of Sudan’s internal conflicts facing organ trafficking in Egypt to Moldovans and Kazakhs who have had their kidneys illicitly removed in Kosovo.
Debra Budiani hopes the proposed anti-trafficking hotline will help prevent abuses, while providing solace to those who are missing organs, facing shame and sickness. 
“We want to allow people to mobilise and share resources on how they have been abused,” she says, “to put them in touch with other victims so they aren’t so isolated.”




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Refugees face organ theft in the Sinai (3rd Nov 2011)







Bedouin smugglers involved in people trafficking are also believed to be stealing organs from refugees who are unable to pay their demands for large amounts of cash to take them into Israel.
The New Generation Foundation for Human Rights and the EveryOne Group, from Italy, have presented evidence that the bodies of African refugees have been found in the Sinai desert with organs missing.
The Sawarka Bedouin tribe, one of the largest in the Sinai, was named by one Bedouin source as being involved in organ thefts.
A Sawarka leader said he was aware that people trafficking was going on in Sinai and that in some cases refugees were held in bonded labor and tortured. But he added only rogue elements of his tribe were involved.
According to rights groups, refugees -- from places like Ethiopia, Eritrea or Sudan -- are enslaved and tortured and the women raped if they cannot come up with the large sums of money the Bedouin try to extort from them and their families to smuggle them into Israel.
Among Bedouin leaders in the Sinai, no one was willing to speak openly about the organ theft. Tribal leaders said they knew nothing about it or had only heard rumors.
But Hamdy Al-Azazy, head of New Generation Foundation, has photos showing corpses with distinctive scars in the abdominal area. All the photos were taken in a morgue in the Egyptian port town of El Arish after the bodies were brought there.
Al-Azazy says the organs are taken from refugees while they are still alive. "The organs are not useful if they're dead. They drug them first and remove their organs, then leave them to die and dump them in a deep dry well along with hundreds of bodies."
He says he was once taken to the area where the bodies are dumped after the organ removal process. He says he believes corrupt Egyptian doctors are working with the Bedouins, coming to Sinai with mobile hospital units to perform the operations to remove especially corneas, livers and kidneys.
"Mobile clinics using advanced technology come from a private hospital in Cairo to an area in the deserts of Mid-Sinai and conduct physicals on the Africans before they choose those suitable, then they conduct the operation," Al-Azazy said.
CNN showed some of the photos of the dead to Dr. Fakhry Saleh, the former head of Cairo's forensic department and an expert on the illegal organ trade.
"There are two kinds of scars. One is from a postmortem autopsy and one from surgery," Saleh said, pointing to a scar that he says came from an operation that must have been performed shortly before the person died.
According to Saleh, the operation was conducted no more than 48 hours before death, indicated by the freshness of the scars.
Furthermore, all the scars are in the area of the liver and kidney. "They are good stitches in the area of the liver and the kidney," Saleh said while examining the photos on a laptop.
While Saleh says he has never heard of organ theft involving African refugees, he says it seems highly probable that the scars on the bodies come from organ removal.
"They could open you up, take it out and just let you die. The mafia does not care whether you live or die. When they cut you open, it would be very painful, so they would give you anesthesia," Saleh later said.
Saleh has done extensive research on the illegal organ business in Egypt, which preys on poor people. The World Health Organization in a recent report called Egypt a regional hub for the trade.
An investigation headed by Saleh found illegal organ trafficking to be one of the most profitable criminal activities.
"Organ trade is the second most profitable trade behind only weapons trade," he said. "It brings in more money than drug dealing and prostitution."
One Bedouin tribal chief did put CNN in touch with a Bedouin who used to be involved in people smuggling and who was close to the organ theft scheme. The source spoke on condition of anonymity but offered insights into the scheme.
"The doctors deal directly with the Sawarka family, and they buy the organs starting from $20,000," the source said in a phone interview.
He offered further details of the logistics required to keep the organs fresh for the transplant into their new owners' bodies: "The doctors come with some sort of mobile fridge where the organs can be stored for six to eight hours and resold in Cairo or elsewhere."
The source claimed doctors from Cairo are involved in the organ theft, a claim that has proved impossible to verify.
"It's like spare parts for cars," the Bedouin, who later agreed to meet one member of the CNN crew in person, said sarcastically toward the end of the interview.
A second Bedouin, who also refused to be identified, later gave a similar account.
The police general in charge of security in Northern Sinai tells CNN that his forces are aware that organ trafficking and theft are going on in their area of operations but that the authorities have not identified who is behind the schemes.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tanzania arrests over Dar es Salaam body parts dump (22nd July 2014)








Eight people from a Tanzanian medical institute have been arrested after 85 bags containing body parts were found in the port city of Dar es Salaam.

A police officer told the BBC that human limbs, fingers, ribs and skulls were in the bags, discovered in a landfill site in the Bunju suburb.

Some of the bags contained surgical instruments and used disposable gloves.

The BBC's Aboubakar Famau in Dar es Salaam says the find has shocked the usually quiet city.

Dar es Salaam police chief Suleiman Kova said those arrested have links to the city's Institute of Medical and Training University (IMTU).

Residents said they became suspicious after a truck repeatedly dumped black plastic bags weighing approximately 25kg (55lb) each.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thailand police seek Americans over baby parts posted to US  (17th Nov 2014)








Thai police say they are seeking two US citizens over the suspected theft of body parts - including a baby's head and an adult's heart - from a hospital.

The men were questioned on Saturday after staff at a DHL depot in Bangkok discovered three parcels containing the human remains, bound for the US.

The men were freed after saying they had bought the items at a market to give to friends as a joke.

The Americans are now believed to have travelled to neighbouring Cambodia.

Police said that staff at a DHL depot in Bangkok were doing a routine check on several parcels labelled as toys when they made the discovery.

Deputy national police chief Ruangsak Jaritake told reporters the authorities had received information indicating that the body parts had been "stolen from one of the big hospitals" in Bangkok's Thonburi neighbourhood.

"It is a famous hospital," he said. "But we are still looking for clearer evidence."

Police named one of the Americans as a controversial video maker, Ryan McPherson.

The BBC's Jonathan Head in Bangkok says he became notorious for making violent exploitative videos a decade ago about homeless men, and was questioned by police then.


Police in Bangkok say the parcels were bound for addresses in Las Vegas. One reportedly had a baby's head, a baby's foot sliced into three parts, an adult heart with a stab wound, and pieces of adult human skin with tattoos.

The police said they were also investigating a possible murder because of the stab marks.

The items were in five plastic containers filled with preserving fluid, packed into three packages. DHL staff discovered them when putting the boxes through an X-ray machine.

Police said the body parts appeared to have been removed and preserved by a medical professional.

The containers looked similar to those used to preserve corpses at Bangkok's Siriraj Medical Museum, according to AFP news agency.

One of the two men who tried to post the items was questioned by Thai police for four hours on Saturday night in the presence of US embassy officials, before he was released, the Nation newspaper reports.

Police told reporters they had released the men as they had no grounds to prosecute them. The FBI in the US has been informed about the case.

In 2012 a Briton was arrested in Bangkok for possession of six foetuses wrapped in gold leaf. Police had been tipped off that the foetuses were being sold through a website advertising black magic.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Manfred Seel mutilation killings (Germany 1970 - 1990)








A pensioner who died in 2014 could have been behind a spate of sadistic killings in the 1970s and 1990s, German investigators say.

They are examining Manfred Seel's links with the murders of five women and a teenage boy. Organs had been taken from all of the victims' bodies.

The five women were all working as prostitutes when they died.

Investigators say it is possible the killer had an accomplice and that there may have been other victims.

The man has been identified as a landscape architect from the town of Schwalbach near Frankfurt who was 67 when he died.


Suspicions were raised after the pensioner's death, when his daughter found a woman's remains inside a barrel in a garage he had rented.

They belonged to Britta Simone Diallo, who had been living in Frankfurt and working as a prostitute.

Investigators say there is no doubt that he killed her.

Seel is suspected of carrying out the murders of Gudrun Ebel and Hatice Eruelkeroglu in 1971, Gisela Singh in 1991, Dominique Monrose in 1993 and Tristan Bruebach in 1998.

Investigators suggested that the 20-year gap may have been a time when he was busy, for example with raising a family.

The victims' wounds matched injuries depicted in violent pornography found on Seel's computer.

He also had more than 32,000 images involving cannibalism and glorifying violence.


The only male victim Manfred Seel is suspected of murdering is Tristan Bruebach, a 13-year-old boy whose throat was cut while he was walking home from school in 1998. The teenager's mutilated body was found in a tunnel in Frankfurt.

The six murders all happened in and around Frankfurt. But detectives from the Hessen State Office of Criminal Investigations (LKA) say they are now examining hundreds of cold cases.

Police are looking for clues that might link Seel to further killings. They are also looking for people he knew and came into contact with





Link to comment
Share on other sites

Qatar jails 'Organ death' pair (27th March 2014)









A court in Qatar has sentenced an American couple to three years in prison over the death of their eight-year-old adopted daughter.

The judge did not specify the exact charges of which they were convicted.

But prosecutors had accused Matthew and Grace Huang of fatally starving their daughter Gloria, originally from Ghana, so that they could harvest her organs.

The couple said it was "ridiculous" and that Gloria died from complications related to an eating disorder.

"We have just been wrongfully convicted and we feel as if we are being kidnapped by the Qatar judicial system," Mr Huang told reporters outside the court.

"This verdict is wrong and appears to be nothing more than an effort to save face," he added.

They were also ordered to pay a fine of 15,000 Qatari riyals ($4,100; £2,490) each and will be deported after serving their sentences. The prosecution had demanded the death penalty.


The couple and their three young children - Gloria and two boys - moved to Qatar in 2012 when Mr Huang, an engineer, got a job working on a construction project for the 2022 Fifa World Cup.

He and his wife were arrested in January 2013 after Gloria died in hospital after having not eaten for four days.


They attributed this to "an eating disorder, a legacy of her impoverished childhood in Ghana, in which she would sometimes fast, binge-eat or steal food", according to their website.

However, the police concluded that the Huangs, who are of Asian descent, were child traffickers and accused them of depriving Gloria of food and water "in order to harvest their organs, or perhaps to perform medical experiments on them", the website adds.

The other two children were placed in government custody but were eventually permitted to return to the US with Mrs Huang's mother. The couple were meanwhile remanded in custody until November, when they were granted bail but ordered to remain in the emirate.

Gloria's death certificate states that she died of "dehydration and cachexia", a disorder that results in dramatic weight loss and muscle atrophy.

However, according to the New York Times, a second post-mortem conducted by a pathologist in California in March found no evidence that tissue from the brain or other organs had been sectioned or cut for analysis - a standard procedure.

Qatari prosecutors asserted that chunks of organs had been examined microscopically, but provided no samples or photographs.





Link to comment
Share on other sites

For research purposes & law enforcement purposes;





Here is a link to a an old manuscripts that relays the use of animal lungs in Extspicy; the context being that this would also apply to humans.


(Omen Texts concerning Lesser Known Parts of the Lungs," Journal of Near Eastern Studies 42, no. 2 (Apr., 1983)



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Parents seek explanation for dead son's missing organs (2nd June 2017)







The parents of a German teenager found dead at the foot of Dingli Cliffs last July want to know why their son’s body was returned to them with most organs missing.
Bernd and Suzanne Mansholt filed an application before the inquiring magistrate claiming that not all their son’s organs had been returned.
They said his heart, brain, neck organs, the lungs, liver, pancreas, adrenal glands, the right kidney, the bladder, the stomach and the small intestine were missing.
Mike Mansholt, a 17-year-old adventurer, arrived on holiday on July 8 and was found dead on July 26. He had been reported missing four days earlier after failing to return home after his holiday.
He had been found without his running shoes a few metres away from his rented bicycle. It was established that the damage to the bicycle was not compatible with a fall from a height. An autopsy had concluded that Mr Mansholt had been dead for between seven and eight days. The cause of death, however, was never established.
Both the post-mortems held in Malta and in Germany concluded that the teenager had no broken bones, all but excluding the possibility of a fall.
The parents said they realised the organs were missing when the corpse was taken to the Medical University of Hannover, where the second autopsy was conducted in the hope that it could shed some light on the cause of death.
The only organs found inside Mr Mansholt’s corpse were his left kidney, the diaphragm, the spleen and the large intestine, they said.
They told Magistrate Marseanne Farrugia, who conducted the magisterial inquiry into the teenager’s death, they were never given a copy of the report of the autopsy carried out at Mater Dei Hospital and neither were they privy to the findings.
They said that, due to the missing organs, the second autopsy could only reach “extremely limited” results and it could not be compared to the results of the first autopsy.
In their application, filed by lawyers Veronique Dalli and Dean Hili, the Mansholts said that in an e-mail exchange with the medico-legal expert appointed by the Maltese courts, Mario Scerri, they had been told that their son’s organs had been attacked by rodents and that the brain had liquefied.
However, they noted, the autopsy in Germany found nothing of the sort. There was no evidence of rodent bites, except for a bite on the neck and an abrasion on the forearm. Neither was there any evidence that the corpse had been invaded by rodents or animals, the parents pointed out.
They complained that although the corpse was certified as having been embalmed before the flight back to Germany, the second autopsy found no formalin, which was usually used for embalming.
They called on the court to order an investigation into how the organs went missing, why they had not been returned with the corpse and why it had been claimed that the body had been embalmed when it had not happened.
Mr Mansholt’s belongings, including his backpack, which, according to relatives, included his phone and a GoPro sports camera, have never been found.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Monster of Florence (Italy 1968- 1985)







The Monster of Florence (ItalianIl Mostro di Firenze) is the name commonly used by the media in Italy for a serial killer who killed 14 people between 1974 and 1985 in the Province of Florence. A double homicide of uncertain attribution dating back to 1968 was also connected to the Monster's murders in 1982.[1]

Law enforcement conducted several investigations into the cases over the course of several years. In 2000, courts convicted two individuals for four of the double homicides. They had been charged with being part of an alleged group of murderers who became known as the "Snacks companions" (Compagni di merende). The victims were young amorous couples parked or camped in countryside areas in the vicinity of Florence during new moons. Multiple weapons were used in the murders, including a .22 caliber Beretta gun and a knife, and in half of the cases sex organs were excised from the bodies of the female victims were recovered, the removal of which appeared to be the motive for the crimes.



Link to comment
Share on other sites


County offers $50,000 to settle case of missing body organs (3rd Jan 2012)







The case of the missing viscera may cost Clark County $50,000, or more, depending on the decision of a London family whose dead relative was returned from Las Vegas without his internal organs.
Clark County commissioners approved a settlement offer of $50,000 to the family of Richard Boorman, who died in 2005. Though no one knows what happened to the man’s internal organs after an autopsy was performed on him, the county says he was delivered intact to a local funeral home.
Previous reports say a Clark County autopsy found Boorman, a 29-year-old aluminum trader from London, and a former amateur boxer, died from acute cocaine and alcohol intoxication. After a local mortuary embalmed the body, it was shipped to London. Standard procedure in England is to do another autopsy of a British citizen who has died abroad.
That couldn’t be done, however, because Boorman’s body was returned without a heart, brain, liver, kidneys and lungs. Six family members and Boorman’s “personal representative” filed seven claims, including fraud, conspiracy and negligence resulting in emotional distress. Each claim could potentially cost the county $50,000, or $350,000 total.
While county attorneys assured commissioners they could prove the county is not liable, they offered the settlement to avoid potential court costs and the possibility of losing if the matter went to trial.


Edited by Tetragrammaton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Serial Killer stalks Durban airport (11th Oct 2009)







Fields around Durban's new airport could be the killing grounds of a serial killer.
Two mutilated bodies were found in cane fields within sight of the new airport this week and there are fears the bodies of three earlier murder victims not far from each other could be linked.
Yesterday police confirmed six people - four men and two women - had been reported missing to police in the area since June.
Inspector Mandla Khumalo, a spokesperson for the Verulam SAPS, said, "We fear the worst may have happened to them, because their bodies have not yet been found".
Police are to expand their investigations into the cane fields to establish if there is a serial killer running amok.
"It is hard to say if there's a serial killer, because there is no pattern, " Khumalo said.
"I am convinced that there is a serial killer at work, and I unearthed a further three cases that did not fit the normal profile of crime in this area," said Prem Balram of Reaction Unit South Africa, a Verulam security company.
"I believe more victims will be found if the cane fields and wooded areas are fine-combed."
On Wednesday morning a cane cutter called the security company to report that he had smelled decomposition on a hillside overlooking the airport.
"On arrival, we searched the stubble of the cane field, which had been burnt on Monday, and found the remains of a man," said Balram, director of the unit.
"His head had been reduced to ashes, but the rest of his body, which was wrapped in a carpet, was better preserved.
"Decomposition was not advanced. There appeared to be deep gashes in his abdomen. He had on black trousers, a belt and socks. A pair of false teeth and a pen were found nearby, along with a large bone."
Because of the fire damage, the victim's race was not clear. The case was handed over to the SAPS.
When the Sunday Tribune visited the scene where the first victim was found, fragments of human bone were still visible among the sugar cane stubble. A heavy-duty workman's glove lay nearby, prompting Balram to comment that it could be vital evidence a police search had missed.
"The glove has a reflector on it and is the kind issued on building sites. It might have come from someone who worked at King Shaka airport," he speculated.
While police were investigating that murder, a second body was found about 1,5km away, in a muddy ravine alongside the Colgate Palmolive factory. Again, Balram was summoned to the scene, this time by a horrified passerby.
"The deceased male was lying partially submerged in mud," Balram said. "He wore colourful undershorts that were pulled down to expose his genitalia."
Airports Company of SA spokesman Colin Naidoo said he was aware of the bodies, but could not confirm if they were construction workers.
Verulam Community Policing Forum public relations officer Thobile Sithole said they were shocked by the grisly discoveries, because she thought this type of killing had stopped. She said two years ago there had been a similar trend of bodies being discovered near the local dam.
"It is disgusting when bodies are dumped all over. We are very concerned. It just does not feel safe for anyone to go out since they could become victims. The CPF will meet and see how we can alert the community," said Sithole.
The discovery of the two victims led Balram to re-examine a number of suspicious deaths in Verulam, going back six weeks.
A month ago Balram's unit responded to a callout 2km from the centre of town. A passerby had found a trail of blood that led to a manhole cover. When the lid was lifted, they found the body of a man who appeared to have died from multiple puncture wounds. The case was handed to the SAPS for further investigation.
A week before this gruesome discovery, Reaction Unit South Africa was called to the Dawncrest township adjoining Verulam. "The caller said her dogs were barking incessantly, and there appeared to be something suspicious in the veld nearby," Balram said.
"We found the body of a man of indeterminate age, wrapped in a blood-soaked blanket. A gash ran from his neck to his pelvis, and most of his internal organs had been removed. The skin around his genitals had been slashed to ribbons."
Balram's files also revealed a horror find six weeks ago, near a local school, the Verulam Islamic Institute. A contract worker had spotted a dog dragging a human spinal cord, to which a skull was still attached.
"An altar of sorts was found nearby," Balram said. "Tyres had been laid between two large rocks, and it would seem the body was draped over this and then set alight. Parts of the victim's limbs were discovered in the ashes. There was a large hole in the back of the skull."


Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 year old girl found dead with organs missing & face removed. Hong Kong (20th Dec 2017)







The gruesome death of 12-year-old Ho Mei-kit took another macabre twist yesterday when it was revealed that in addition to being dismembered, her face had also been removed.
The girl's 37-year-old mother was last night charged with murder and will appear in North Kowloon Magistrates Courts today.
Police were finally able to contact the father, who is rushing down from Sichuan.
A police source said the mother, surnamed Cho, is in an unstable mental state and has not been able to make a statement. The reason for the girl's death remains unknown. But police suspect she was stabbed to death before her face was cut off. There were also several slashed wounds on her skull. Police officers returned to the girl's home yesterday to look for more evidence though it's not clear what they found.
Meanwhile, students and alumni attended a memorial service for Ho yesterday. Some citizens also called upon non-profit organizations to help perform religious rituals so the girl can rest in peace.
Tong Mei Road Government Primary School, where Ho studied, opened a classroom for the ceremony.
A citizen who used to know Ho shared photos of the girl on Facebook, saying that the news broke her heart.
"She was such a cheerful kid. She was supposed to spend Christmas with her classmates," she wrote. A neighbor living opposite the family said she could not sleep last night and her three-year-old son was too scared to even leave the home.
The murder was discovered on Sunday after a neighbor saw blood seeping out of the 60-square-foot cubicle in Man Fook Building, Mong Kok.
Officers found the body of a 12-year-old, chopped up into at least 11 pieces, in the bathtub.
Her stomach had been cut open and her internal organs had spilled out.
The bathroom was flooded and it was suspected that some parts of the girl's body had been flushed down the toilet, clogging the pipes in the building.
It is understood that Cao was born in Sichuan and had the girl with her mainland husband. When the couple divorced, she married a Hong Kong man and moved to the SAR in 2013 under a one-way permit. However, she and her second husband also divorced.
Ho is a Hong Kong ID holder and was admitted to Primary Four last year. The school said her conduct and academic performances were good. Ho joined many after-school activities and had good relationships with her teachers and classmates.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...