Why did God sacrifice Jesus?

I know it’s to cleanse us from our sins. But the idea of sacrificing your son seems almost, satanic? Is there not a nicer way to go about things, seems a bit ruthless to send your son to a bloody end.  Just an innocent question as it’s a confusing topic to me. 

Edited by Seeker

• Seeker changed the title to Why did God sacrifice Jesus?

The Crucifixion is an invisible, spiritual, cosmic event of the mind? This makes more sense to me. 

Now this guy Bill Donohue a piece from his site below. I don't think his site is the whole true & nothing but the truth, lol. In fact some of his stuff is down right dodgy. But still, from other things I've looked into, our body is God's temple. The evidence in us matches up with sacred texts, not just the bible. 

I have similar thoughts to what you mentioned on the Fake Guru thread about chakras, kundalini & the third eye.  

WHAT IS THE CRUCIFIXION (hiddenmeanings.com)

• Thanks 1

"GOD" doesn't "sacrifice" anything.

You're dreaming. They were dreaming.  None of "this" is "real". The Greater part of the consciousness known as TheSon, It is Spirit--<-that is The Real---That is what was operating with the body "Jesus" in this thing, It was using that to communicate and demonstrate The Truth to these parts(us/our consciousness) of >ItSelf< that had virtually detached from It(and Reality), and GOD(REALITY), and become otherwise hoplessly immersed and imprisoned within this unholy dream.

"Atonement"= At-One-Ment==ONE MIND--ONENESS(Whole=Complete=Totality=Holy)--IN TRUTH---REALITY.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth---therefore ;The Only Reality.

Edited by novymir
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Seeker said:

I know it’s to cleanse us from our sins. But the idea of sacrificing your son seems almost, satanic? Is there not a nicer way to go about things, seems a bit ruthless to send your son to a bloody end.  Just an innocent question as it’s a confusing topic to me. 

Your problem is Western Christianity. It has poisoned your ability to understand the Gospel. Your basic ideas about sin and atonement have been shaped by a culture whose Medieval theologians were heavily influenced by Roman juridical thought and a development, going back to Anselm of Canterbury and his  satisfaction theory of atonement, that reached its final expression in the Protestant Reformers with their idea of penal substitution.

We all know how it goes in its popular form:

• Sin is a legal transgression for which God chooses to ordain punishment.
  • Jesus' death acts as a substitutionary payment of this legal debt on our behalf.
  • Justification is a forensic act by which a divine judge imputes Christ's righteousness to the unrighteous by way of a legal loophole. 

In Anselm it is a debt against God's honour that Jesus pays through his divinity, but for the Reformers it is Christ who is punished in our place, a vessel upon which God pours out his wrath.

If this seems ruthless, even absurd, to you, that's because it is.

This was not the view of the Fathers, and it is not the narrative of traditional Eastern Christianity.

To the contrary, their starting point of Biblical typology is not the sin offerings or the scapegoat but the one Paul and John offer us in the New Testament: the Passover lamb. And guess what? The Passover sacrifice is not a sin offering. It is not a payment of a debt with blood. Indeed, the Eastern view of sin and salvation is different. Where we think of it in legal terms, they see it ontologically: sin is a sickness that cuts us off from the divinity and in need of a cure.

Atonement, then, has another meaning, popularised under the name of "Christus Victor".

What Jesus accomplished in his death and resurrection was, in effect, to use his humanity to enter into death and Hell like a virus, a nuclear bomb of divine power, defeat it, throw open its gates, and in his resurrection and entry into Heaven and enthrionement at the right hand of the Father, conquer the Devil and become, as divine man, king. The Eucharist is not a payment of blood debt but a lifting up of his body to God and distibution of the blood that, like the Passover lamb's, marks us, regenerates us, and saves us from death. And, to turn to the scapegoat, the goat upon whom the sins were laid was not offered up to the Father but to the Devil, Azazel. The New Testament says Christ has ransomed us. We are not ransomed from God but from Death, Hell and Satan. It is not God but the "god of this world", Satan, who is the accusing legalist who demands blood and death for sin. The Fathers understood this too, that the Devil had been tricked to kill Jesus as a sacrifice, not fully understanding that the Messiah was God himself in the flesh and what that would mean if he died. This is called the "ransom theory of atonement".

• Like 1

Jesus is like Moses, come to Egypt to wrest us out of bondage to Pharaoh and bring us to the Promised Land.

Moses did not pay Pharaoh shit. He unleashed hell and drowned his army in the Red Sea.

In pop culture terms, Jesus came into the Matrix, showed us the way to reality, and beat the snot out of the Architect and made him his bitch to open up the path.

35 minutes ago, novymir said:

"GOD" doesn't "sacrifice" anything.

Right. The Psalms literally say, "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire; my ears you have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering you did not require. ... I delight to do your will, O my God, and your law is within my heart”. 

That anyone entertains the notion that the Father sacrificed the Son to himself is mind-boggling. Dawkins rightly sees this as absurd. Jesus was only "sacrificed" in the sense that his dying was an inevitable part of his mission.

Edited by Apotheosis

55 minutes ago, Apotheosis said:

Right. The Psalms literally say, "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire; my ears you have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering you did not require. ... I delight to do your will, O my God, and your law is within my heart”. 

That anyone entertains the notion that the Father sacrificed to Son to himself is mind-boggling. Jesus was only "sacrificed" in the sense that his dying was an inevitable part of his mission.

Yeah, and he didn't give up ANYTHING of Real value...The Spirt---The Real,,,cannot be killed...

"Sin" is believing the illusion and illusion-self is "real". Ego---EgoMatrix. Everything the "devil" states or claims is meant to deceive, it projects untruthfully.

Catch The Spirit...communicating between and within an otherwise anti-Spirit communication...(watch the "context" 1st...then look at the eagle while Stranglehold is playing"...activation --Christ Within---is purpose

The Eagle represents our Big Brother--The Greater part of the Infinite consciousness/Spirit that is not bound up in illusion-(we detached from)--we are the ones of It in the nest ,watching....

Edited by novymir

Why did God sacrifice Jesus?

Yes it does seem Satanic.

But, God didn't do it did He? It was men that did that deed.

As for why, well I don't believe God preordained it to happen, I don't think God would have wanted it to happen, that is not the actions of a loving creator.

I lean toward the Unitarians in Christian beliefs, they do not believe in Vicarious Sacrifice' that 'the suffering of Christ accepted by God in lieu of the punishment to which guilty man is liable'  What a twisted doctrine. 

To believe that, you have to believe in 'Original Sin' and that God has somehow prejudged you as sinful and guilty of transgressions and then you need to find redemption otherwise known as salvation through an appointed church, their church, from the people that murdered him.

I do not believe all that crap, it twists the minds of the believers into self loathing, judgemental people. At least most of the 'Good Christians' I have met tend to be that way. Just my observation.

I read a great quote - 'Its the religion of Jesus, not a religion about Jesus.'

Jesus was not the 'Son of God' anymore than you or I am the Son of God (we are, but we're not anymore special than anyone else) Jesus was an exemplary model of a perfect man and his death shows his faith could not be shaken even in the direst of times, he was an exemplary model, perhaps even supernatural, definitely highly advanced, the pinnacle of the Prophets, but he was not God incarnate and he was not predestined to die to atone for our sins years later. You will atone for your own sins.

So no, God didn't do it, God didn't preordain it, and God is entirely innocent in this act. Jesus did not die for your sins, he was murdered by people that did not want to listen to his message, then those same people built a church around him and convinced the world that you could only be saved by them! They made up lies about Satan, Hell, Original sin and a load of other nonsense, like Jesus' crucifixion being for your privilege and unfortunately most of us in the West are indoctrinated either at school or at home by parents to believe in this slave system.

Short answer - God didn't do it.

The only thing that is "real"  is right now. And right now, for consciousness expressed in human form - it is an illusory experience.

IF we wish to speak about the play/pantomime itself. Then yes it doesn't make much sense, nor does the sin ting. I would only select the parts of pantomime history that help you grow as a person - and don't take anything in the history books too seriously.

• Like 1