Fevers - Let them Run Hot or Stop them?

very452001

Hi all new here.

When it comes to fevers, are fevers triggered by your immune system to overheat your body to kill viruses in the body? At what hot temperatures at Celsius C viruses die at?

Then there's doctors out there saying fevers overheating your body causes long term damage in the body high risk so best to reduce fevers temperature with meds. But then again how viruses in body get killed off without hot temperatures 😕? Confused.

with kids if their temp starts knocking on 40deg then you need to try to cool them at a skin level, no clothes on.

if you can sweat it out do it.

if i start getting fever shakes i take aspirin put 2/3 layers on and get in bed and sleep. in the morning i'm normally fine

On 1/12/2022 at 2:49 PM, scowie said:

Any doctor saying that is a fuckwit.  No one should be using meds to reduce fever.  It is not to kill viruses though as there is no such thing.  All diseases are poisonings of some form or another.

If the immune system doesn't trigger a Fever then what does? So you saying Colds and Flus don't exist? Also what is the purpose of the Fever?

On 1/12/2022 at 10:48 PM, bamboozooka said:

with kids if their temp starts knocking on 40deg then you need to try to cool them at a skin level, no clothes on.

if you can sweat it out do it.

if i start getting fever shakes i take aspirin put 2/3 layers on and get in bed and sleep. in the morning i'm normally fine

Aspirin reduces Fever temp?

Okay fever for adults is okay to let it run but not for kids you meant?

52 minutes ago, very452001 said:

Aspirin reduces Fever temp?

Okay fever for adults is okay to let it run but not for kids you meant?

aspirin is a painkiller but it always takes my fever away overnight.

yes adult sweat it out.

when i was a child the gp used to say to my parents give me junior disprin (aspirin).

a few years ago i was looking for junior disprin for my child and couldn't find it anywhere.

when you look into it, aspirin was banned for children under 16.

the reason, it COULD cause reyes disease in children.

there is no evidence linking aspirin to reyes disease

reyes disease is so rare it affects only 1 child a year in the usa

this tells me aspirin was too good at healing a child they had to ban it.

Edited by bamboozooka
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2022 at 9:03 PM, very452001 said:

If the immune system doesn't trigger a Fever then what does? So you saying Colds and Flus don't exist? Also what is the purpose of the Fever?

It does trigger a fever, but your immune system is not a defense against pathogens; it is a defense against toxins.  I never said any disease doesn't exist.  They are all caused by toxins (or things that induce a toxic state in the body, e.g. malnutrition, radio waves).

The common cold is caused by sugar consumption coincident with the break down of the mucus lining of the throat, which is more likely to happen when it gets cold as your body may then reduce blood flow to the throat to minimize heat loss via respiration which has the side effect of stopping mucus production for a while.  With your throat tissue being unprotected by mucus, the same sticky sugary coating that you have to brush off your teeth to avoid tooth decay and gum disease would adhere to your throat tissue and cause irritation there.  Of course you can't brush your throat the same way.  As mucus production resumes, this mucus has a hard time removing the sugar and ends up just lying on top of the sticky sugary layer allowing it to slowly migrate up and down the throat by capillary action, thereby reaching the back of the nose to induce a runny nose, and/or the windpipe to induce a cough.

People don't catch colds off each other at all.  They just get them at the same time because drops in temperature are a shared experience.  Sometimes one person's reaction to the cold, i.e. the shutting down of mucus production, happens more readily than another person's so they get their cold first which may mean that they then wrongly get the blame for passing it on to the later responders.

Btw, there are other additives in the diet that contribute to the break down of mucus, i.e. emulsifiers and anti-caking agents.  People are most commonly exposed to significant amounts of emulsifier by eating ice cream, which of course supplies the sugar and cools you down too so eating that in the winter can make you more prone to getting a cold.  Anti-caking agents are found in powdery things like icing sugar and hot drinks/soups from vending machines (they are prepared from powders).  Whilst people who manage to exclude all added sugar from their diet report no longer getting colds, I found myself that avoiding the additives (and keeping warm) was enough to avoid getting a cold for 5 years straight.

Of course another thing that can leave your throat free of mucus and induce a cold is getting your throat swabbed.  Controlled experiments attempting to pass flu symptoms from sufferers to volunteers by swabbing supposedly infected bodily secretions on to their throats, were an abject failure (contagious diseases are a myth) but one thing they did do was induce cold symptoms in the volunteers.  Btw, seasonal flu is caused by the mycotoxins that black mold spores produce and affects the 25% of the population who have a gene variant that means they can't efficiently remove the toxins from their systems, hence why the disease correlates with humidity (when spores are released into the air). Viruses are mythical constructs and the idea that people catch diseases off each other is the world's most prevalent and most dangerous superstition.

Edited by scowie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1